Start by marking “You Are the Reason (The Tav #2)” as Want to Read:
You Are the Reason (The Tav #2)

You Are the Reason

(The Tav #2)

Davo’s a pretty average guy. He has a decent job, owns his own home, and spends his weekends at the pub. He fully accepts that he’s gay, but doesn’t want to be one of those gays, who are femme and girly. He likes football and other masculine pursuits, and firmly avoids anything that could be seen as femme—including relationships that last beyond fifteen minutes.

Then Davo’s
Published August 7th 2015 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about You Are the Reason, please sign up.
Renae Kaye Yes. The audio is coming! The narrator was a little tied up with another project, but I'm hoping the audio for this book will be out before Xmas.
Renae Kaye Hi! If I ever write a sequel with Jake and Patrick, I will be definitely looking for Jonathan Young to narrate. He was a very popular choice.

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

"What do you do with it?"

Lee frowned, looking confused. "Do with what?"

"Your dick. What do you do with it when you put a dress on?"

Lee burst out laughing ... "I'm not sure about your dick, Dave, but my dick's not really detachable. When I put a dress on, it just has to stay there."

Dave is allergic to pink. And don't call him "Dave" unless you're a woman. The dudes call him "Davo." That's the rule.

But Lee doesn't follow the rules. Slight, feminine, pretty, with natural flaming red hair
Exina
I started to read this one on a long, boring trip, without checking it on GR, and didn’t know it was the second book in the series. Not that it matters anyway, it is totally enjoyable as a stand-alone.

So at 6% I had a suspicion about Lee that proved to be right. I was so proud of myself that I figured it out – am I a genius or what? Later I saw it is said in the blurb…

So the story...

Davo’s life was perfect. He had a great job, nice home, and awesome friends. Blissfully single, he didn’t do rela
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

description

What a fantastic read this turned out to be! A feel good story, angst-free, “You Are the Reason” is the second book in “The Tav” series by Renae Kaye and can be read as a standalone. This story was sweet, heartwarming and put a big smile on my face. It’s a story about finding love and also about finding yourself.

Dave (Davo for the men and Dave for the women) is a 27 years old gay man who despises anything girly. His slogan is “I may like dick, but I’m not a pussy.” It goes without sayin
Julio Genao
Jul 29, 2015 marked it as no
Shelves: bantha-poodoo
well, shit.

description

further developments at the end of this review.

i've got trolls up my ass, and shitheads subbing me in their own reviews of this book with direct, verbatim quotes from mine, like utter assholes—but i'm writing today to explain that over the course of this day i have come to the conclusion that my initial impression of this book was probably mistaken.

to be clear, i'll go to my bloody grave criticizing this shitty blurb.

i didn't arrive at my erroneous ideas about this book because i'm
Susan
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is...SO FREAKING ADORABLE! I can't even!

Ok, admittedly, in the beginning, I thought..."are you kidding me?" Here's Davo, a macho teen who becomes a man who admits to being gay, but not that kind of gay, who's mantra is "I may like dick, but I'm not a pussy", and who shuns all things "femme". WHAT. A. JERK...right?

Not so fast.

Ok, admittedly, in the beginning when Davo meets Lee, I thought..."oh this will be a book about a trans character". Here's Lee adorned in a gorgeous, sexy dress be
BWT (Belen)
When I first heard Renae Kaye was writing a story based on a character in The Blinding Light I was excited. When I learned it was Dave "Davo" Pederson, who only had a really short amount of page time, I was skeptical...mostly because Davo was kind of a dick.

I shouldn't have worried if Renae would be able to bring this self-admitted "top only" to life and make me love him.

What happens when an bright, innocent eleven year old boy who loves playing with his My Little Pony collection, which he had
Debra
This was another light, fun, romance from Renae Kaye. It works as a standalone, but if you’ve read The Blinding Light, you will be happy to know that Patrick and Jake are back and have plenty of page time along with Lee and Davo.

Davo likes being gay, is out to his family, but he doesn’t want people to be able to tell he’s gay by looking at him. His dislike of all things “girly” – even on Jake and Patrick’s baby girl – also has him rationalizing that relationships are girly, therefore not for him
Susan
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This can be read as a stand-alone.

Loved loved loved this book.

Dave came out when he was fifteen. But due to some bad experiences in his past he has this motto.

I may like dick, but I’m not a pussy.

So he shuns everything pink and he certainly doesn’t want to be associated with femme guys. He is Davo, big masculine Davo. Gay, but not girly.

Dave is massively confused when he meets a woman one night. Lee is gorgeous and very feminine. But Dave can’t help himself, he is extremely attracted to Lee. I
Ele

*4.5 -my little pony- stars*

This story is exactly what the end of the blurb states : " Davo's long journey to where he can accept himself without caring what everyone else thinks."

In the beginning of this book, Davo is allergic to anything pink, femme or generally not manly. He refuses to be like "these gays" and he doesn't want to be seen with them. He does't want their effeminate ways to rub off on him or people to misunderstand him.

So it makes no sense when he is suddenly attracted to a woma
Trisha Harrington
4.5 stars!

Another Renae Kaye! Yay!

I’m seriously addicted to Renae Kaye’s books. Every time she manages to write something that I fall in love with. She’s one of my auto-buy authors and jumped onto my favorite author list after only a couple of books. Yes, she really is that good.

You Are the Reason is the second book in The Tav series. It’s the sequel/spin off to The Blinding Light, which is another great Renae Kaye book.

Davo is our MC. Davo hates all things pink and girly. He can come off as a b
Jenni Lea
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it

This was great! If there's one thing Renae Kaye knows how to do well, it's charm. This charmed the pants off me! Reminiscent of her first book, Loving Jay, Davo and Lee were an adorable couple who I couldn't get enough of. I was afraid that Davo was going to be a total prick but he turned out to be such a sweet and endearing, if a bit misguided, man. I want more!
Heller
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
4.5

I went into this not expecting to like it because I didn't like the sample chapter but colour me surprised because I enjoyed it more than the first one. Jake, Patrick and baby Maxine have strong cameos which made me feel better about their story which I felt ended oddly.

Davo turned out to be quite the charmer and he and Lee had a great story. Quite pleased with how this read turned out.

I'd say the only odd thing here was the bit with Thor's girlfriend which was creepy and uncomfortable.

.Lili.
Apr 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
~3.5 Stars~
Catherine
*** 4.25 Stars ***

Even better than the first book in the series. The Blinding Light had more humour and sweetness, but I found You Are the Reason to be a more substantial story. Now, if only I could erase that one scene...
Karen
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-mm
There really are a lot of wonderful reviews out there about this book so I'm probably going to keep this short. My friend, Jewel wrote a lovely review (posted on GR) and as she said you really don't need to read 'The Blinding Light' first (it's book #1 in this series) and apparently I decided to prove that she knew what she was talking about on that one because I didn't read it first I read it after reading this book.

Anyways, back to this book. 'You Are The Reason' is a fantastic story about Dav
Anke
Aug 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Ok, so here I am again and again I'm having my niggles. Obviously and sadly I cannot finish without them. Anyway, here we go: Although I appreciated meeting again with Jake and Patrick, meeting their baby Maxine was rather over the top. I like babies as long as I don't have to care for them (been there done that) but here she was written as the 5th most important character. Em, yes. More baby-stuff than I wanted to read about.

The other thing that got on my nerves was the whole secret-around-the-
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)

Wow. Just wow. This may very well be my favorite book by Renae Kaye, and we’re talking about the person who wrote Loving Jay, Shearing Gun, and Blinding Light, the first book in this series. All of these books are my favorites so to have her actually exceed my very high expectations is an unusual thing indeed.

We first met Davo in Blinding Light as Jake’s best friend, but although he was there with a decent advice when one was needed the most, he didn’t get much chance to shine. But e
Arch Bala
Jun 12, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: dnf
DNF @36%

I love Renae Kaye and all of her prior books but I'm shelving this for now. Whilst it's nice to see Jake and Patty-Cake again plus meeting Lee, I just cannot stand Davo. He's a gay homophobe, someone with heterosexist mindset and has misogynistic tendencies at the same time. ( I feel that I should sympathize with him re:the abusive coach but...
description

I've never felt offended by a certain book character in a very, very long time - last I could remember was some asshat friar character from high
Jewel
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! You Are the Reason is pure Renae Kaye. Though you don't have to read The Blinding Light, first, you'll get more out of You Are the Reason, if you do. Jake and Patrick from The Blinding Light feature rather heavily in this book, so you'll just get a better overall understanding of them and how they fit in, if you read their book first.

I do want to say that I think this book belongs on Dani's fictitious real-men-wear-pink-and-every-other-fucking-color shelf. Davo hates pink and
* A Reader Obsessed *
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-love, lgbt, tqia-etc

I've said this before and I'll say it again - I consistently find that Renae Kaye's books have great humor, plenty of heat, and a lot of heart - and this was no different.

There's really nothing new to add. Davo is a big ole softie despite his huge efforts at being perceived as anything but manly. Of course such efforts and actions have limited his life in severe ways that he has no clue about. Along with the help of his awesome friends Jake and Patrick (whom I adore even more), it simply takes
Borderstar

So I ALMOST didn't read this one...I was extremely put off by Dave/Davo's character initially. He had this thing about not being "one of those gays" and hated all things "femme" as, in his own words, it might rub off on him...and quite honestly I just found it ignorant and offensive and there was quite a lot of this talk early on. Even when it was revealed why he was like that, I could understand the reasoning but still didn't like it.

However, I have read and enjoyed Renae Kaye's books
T
Shelves: mm

Let me start by saying Renae Kaye is one of my favorite authors of this genre. "Loving jay" is hands down one of my top reads. I adored "blinding light", so having Patrick and jake back as secondary characters was a real treat.

I liked this one. It was light, warm, and fun. I just needed more...something. Angst? I just felt there was not much rhyme or reason to Davo's trepidation throughout the story. His attitude towards dating a more femme man seems to do a complete 180 without much ef
Marte - Thunderella

*** 4 Mr.Magic 8 Ball stars ****

---------------------
"Show me," I murmured, closing his bedroom door behind me.
His eyes went wide. "Dave. We can't," he hissed at me.
But I wanted the full effect of my boyfriend in a dress. "Flash me."
---------------------

This book was so... I dunno, weird, good, great, different, boring, hilarious? All of the above?!

One thing I can say for sure, it was highly enjoyable to be inside Davo's head. The story is first person POV and Davo's thoughts and thoughts proces
⚣Michaelle⚣
Audio Review: 4.5 Stars

Yep, IMHO sometimes a story is just better being listened to...especially the funny bits. And as I said in an update, I really do think that books with MCs from Australia need to have Aussie narrators or voice-actors that can do a credible accent; not sure where Dave Gillies hails from (as he's also listed as narrating a bunch of Scottish MF books) but I do love how he performed this one!

Original Rating: 4.3 Stars

To be honest I almost gave up on this book within the first
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Light 'big smile on my face' book
A funny book that gives me more than ones a smile.
Dave (for the Ladies) Davo for the guys. He's out but because he's bullied in his youth, he hates 'gay' gay things. NO pink, NO girlie talk. He just made himself tough as a gay.
Lee ahhh Lee is soft and sweet and like to cross-dress now and then, and on that 'then' Dave meets Lee...
It's a angst free, nice, sweet love story

BR11
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm such a fun of this author! I love her books and this is a great one.
It's about falling for the person you least expect to fall for and overcome your own prejudices. And Davo does all of that, because he is smart enough to see that Lee is perfect for him and he is someone worth fighting for.
Davo is gay, but a macho gay. His phobias to anything pink or femme border on homophobia. He has a lot of growing to do on this regard.
And Lee is Lee. A boy so beautiful that he can pass as a girl. And pas
Line
This one ALWAYS makes me laugh. Dave (because I'm a lady;-) is an idiot, in the best possible way.
I love that he -definitely- has issues, but that he tries working on them without too much angst and selfdoubt.
This book is going straight to my 'low-angst-high-cozyness-shelf', because: it makes me smile, I LOVE Lee and there aren't a lot of angst and unnecessary drama.

My only niggle is the situation with Cynthia. Why on EARTH was she not thrown out on her ass, arrested, put in jail and left ther
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Okay, I love Renae Kaye. A lot. Loving Jay and Safe In His Arms are two of my favorite contemporary romances. That being the case, this one disappointed me a bit. I liked the first in the Tav series, The Blinding Light, but there was just something missing from this one. Maybe it needed a bit more angst or something, I don't know. And Davo kind of annoyed me. His insistence that only "the ladies" get to call him Dave, while constantly correcting Lee for doing so, really began to grate on my nerv ...more
Ula'ndi Hart
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
So this is my FIRST cross-dressing book. I’m a little like Davo in this aspect. Don’t have a problem with it but it’s not something I’ll pursue.

This was sweet and done really well. Lee is sweet and he makes you love him. I can honestly say I had fun with this.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Stuff (The Bristol Collection, #2)
  • The Queen & the Homo Jock King (At First Sight, #2)
  • Forever Promised (Promises, #4)
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
  • Hanging The Stars (Half Moon Bay #2)
  • Splinters
  • Knight of Ocean Avenue (Love in Laguna, #1)
  • Dogwood Days (Holly Creek, #1)
  • And Manny Makes Three
  • Second Time Lucky
  • Under Pretenses
  • Sugar Dom (Sugar Daddies #5)
  • The Enlightenment of Daniel (Sex in Seattle #2)
  • Spun! (The Shamwell Tales, #4)
  • Perfect Imperfections
  • Too Stupid to Live (Romancelandia, #1)
  • The Sun Goes Down (Mitch Mitchell Mystery, #4)
Renae Kaye is a lover and hoarder of books who thinks libraries are devilish places because they make you give the books back. She consumed her first adult romance book at the tender age of thirteen and hasn’t stopped since. After years – and thousands of stories! – of not having book characters do what she wants, she decided she would write her own novel and found the characters still didn’t do w ...more

The Tav (2 books)
  • The Blinding Light (The Tav #1)
“I blinked. “He can smell your arousal?” It was official. Patrick had superpowers.” 2 likes
“G-A-Y stands for Girls Are Yucky.” 0 likes