Start by marking “Kitty Hawk and the Mystery of the Masterpieces (Kitty Hawk Flying Detective Agency #5)” as Want to Read:

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Kitty Hawk and the Mystery of the Masterpieces is the eagerly anticipated fifth instalment of the Kitty Hawk Flying Detective Agency book series. This series features the intrepid teenage seaplane pilot and amateur detective Kitty Hawk as she continues in the footsteps of Nancy Drew and Amelia Earhart on her epic flight around the world.

After meeting up with an old friend
Published February 14th 2015 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Kitty Hawk and the Mystery of the Masterpieces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kitty Hawk and the Mystery of the Masterpieces

Dianne
Leave it to our Kitty to get herself caught up in investigating an art theft ring! Flying on to Rome, her next stop on her fabulous flight adventure, she uncovers another mystery that will require the help of friends from around the world. Strange voices, coded messages, clues to stolen artworks, and Kitty is on the case. Can this teen do what no one else could? Has she discovered more than she can handle or will some of the world’s greatest artists’ masterpieces finally find their way home?

The
Yesha
*** Note: I received review copy of this book from the author via Kelsey @bookpublicityservices, in exchange for an honest review. I am glad I got chance to read this book. ***

This is fifth and last book of the Kitty Hawk Flying Detective Agency series. As title suggests and also from blurb, you can figure out that book revolves around mystery of art theft, stolen master pieces by famous Impressionist painters. In this book Kitty meets her friend Charlie who you might recognize from the first bo
Georgi
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Iain Reading and Kelsey @ book publicity services for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for a review!

This is the fifth instalment in the Kitty Hawk Flying Detective Agency and I have been loving it!

We’ve been to Alaska, Florida Keys, Iceland, London, Ireland and now we have arrive in Italy the next stop in Kitty’s around the world adventure – more specifically, Rome and CHARLIE IS BACK! I’ve been waiting for Charlie to return since the end of the first book and I’m so happy
Isobel Radakovic
3.5 stars.
I have to say I really liked this one! I wasn't sure what I was going into when I saw this was going to be about art theft, because it seemed like it could go one of two ways: either really exciting or just lacklustre. Luckily it was the former. I never would've thought I would be interested in this type of thing, but now it's got me looking for more books about classic art.

That familiar feel of mystery and adventure was still felt in this installment, which I think is a pretty impress
Amy
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
will write a proper review soon
Aubrey Joy
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
The atmosphere of Rome is just as it’s described in the book. Crazy, crazy busy, but there are always little alleys or back streets with only a few people on them. I loved when Kitty went to the different tourist sites because I’VE BEEN THERE, TOO. It’s seriously so crazy that I’ve been to Rome, and I loved every second of it. Highly recommend...
Read more here!
Aubrey Joy
Cathy Ryan
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure, ya
After her adventures in London and Ireland Kitty is on her way to Rome to meet Charlie, the friend she made during her escapade in the Yukon. No sooner is Kitty on Italian soil than she and Charlie find themselves involved in a very mysterious and alarming set of circumstances. Enjoying an after dinner ice cream they are swept up in a chase to apprehend a pickpocket, and literally run into Matteo and Vega, upsetting Matteo’s cart full of walnuts.

Charlie’s scraped and bloodied knee neces
Helois
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: just-finished
I am a huge fan of the Kitty Hawk series, they are always so great with Kitty's spunk, love of adventure and sympathy for all. Well written with a lovely mix of education and adventure. That being said...this was not my favorite of the series, while it was still well written and in the same tone as the others, something about it just fell flat or me. Kitty did not seem herself as it were. I found the subject matter interesting, spies, art thieves and codes. There just seemed to be long stretches ...more
Sarah (Workaday Reads)
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
I will admit that after the disappointing last book, I was a little apprehensive about this installment of Kitty’s adventure, but it turned out great. This book saw the return of the upbeat, determined, and adventurous Kitty, the one who knows right from wrong, and wants to solve a mystery, in order to help solve an issue.

I was pleasantly surprised that Charlie joined her on this adventure. It was nice to see a returning character, especially one so integral to the original adventure. Kitty and
Haniya (Voracious Bookling)
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review Link: http://booknauthors.blogspot.com/2016...

I remember reading this series for the first time and how I totally fell for it! This book is again another amazing adventure in Kitty's life. BUT in Rome! And she meets Charlie like CHARLIE! Yaaaas! I mean another reason why I loved this novel was Charlie! She and Charlie are solving a puzzle! Trust me there were so many mind boggling things but in the end it was worth it! The writing style was again amazing! This story was a blend of action,
Debra Schoenberger
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kitty is now in Rome where she will be meeting Charlie, her friend from Alaska.  A chance encounter with a thief, a walnut vendor and a scraped leg launch both of them into a totally unexpected international intrigue.  We are introduced to Matteo and his two sisters, Vega and Giulia.

As Charlie and Kitty are getting to know their new Italian friends, Kitty is admiring the paintings in their home.  After having just visited the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam, she has a "feeling" that these paintings
Sandra Olshaski
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the words of Sherlock Holmes "the game is on" and, once again, Kitty finds herself in the midst of it, this time in Rome. Kitty has flown herself there in her trust De Havilland Beaver seaplane to meet Charlie, her friend from Book 1. They are almost immediately plunged into a mystery regarding missing paintings and the Nazis. Determined, adventuresome Kitty sets out to find the answers as she travels through Europe.

As usual I admire the author's creativity in both setting the plot and solvi
Sharon Tyler
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kitty Hawk and the Mystery of the Masterpieces is the 5th book in the Kitty Hawk series by Iain Reading. I absolutely love this series, but highly recommend reading it in order. that is more important with this installment than any of the previous books. The other books could all pass as stand alones, but knowledge of the previous adventures really makes this one.

In this volume our teenage seaplane pilot and amateur detective Kitty Hawk continues her epic flight around the world. After meeting u
Sandra Stiles
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy to facilitate my review. The opinions expressed here are my own.

This is by far my favorite of all of the Kitty Hawk books. Kitty Hawk finds herself in Rome as she makes her way around the world in her De Havilland Beaver seaplane. She meets up with her friend Charlie and once again finds herself involved in a mystery. This time she makes some new friends in Rome. While in their house she is admiring some paintings hanging on the wall in their father's house. She recognizes one
Jancee Wright
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 4.5/5

The Premise: Kitty's journey around the world brings her to Rome, where she explores the ruins, devours great meals, and makes new friends. While at the home of those new friends, Kitty recognizes a painting on the wall as a long-lost masterpiece, sparking an investigation into a decades-old ring of art dealers.

The Opening Line: It was the creepiest thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

Thoughts: This series continues to delight me. This time around, Kitty's in Rome. The ad
Kaitlyn King
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Oh my goodness, another Kitty Hawk! Hello everyone I hope you are having a great Monday. As you may remember a couple months ago I read the first four books in the Kitty Hawk series. Technically I was reading this one too but I took it with me when I went to my parents for the Holidays and forgot it there, and then getting it back took forever. But finally I did get it back and spent a good week reading it over again.
I have to say I am super excited to be reading Kitty Hawk again. There aren't a
Vanessa
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Iain Reading has done it again! Kitty Hawk is back solving mysteries in the fifth book in the series. This time Kitty is in Italy and there is a new adventure to begin.

Kitty is hired to figure out just who stole some important masterpieces. She is pretty curious to solve the mystery but soon learns that she'll need some help from a few old friends!

I really enjoyed the mystery in this book! I loved how Kitty had to solve interesting problems and the whole explanation given for those problems. I
Tracy Terry
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
First off, not that we should judge a book by its cover but ... what a great cover it is. Wonderfully mysterious, its my favourite yet.

Just as I thought that I'd got the mark of author Iain Reading he gives us this, book five in the series. A series in which the books though they work well as standalone reads I recommend be read in order and not just because they are a great read.

Slightly different from the previous books in that (and I hope I'm giving too much away here) Kitty is not flying sol
Monica Fastenau
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read the full review here: http://newberyandbeyond.com/arcs-kitt...

Note: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

In this fifth installment, Kitty stumbles upon some priceless artwork thought to be missing, and she is then plunged into a world of spies, codes, and art theft. (And Charlie is back! Hooray!) Kitty explores large swathes of Europe in this book, from Italy to Germany and Austria. This setting is not as exotic as some of Kitty’s other adventures, but as alw
Jessica Bronder
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kitty is at it again. She meets up with Charlie, from Kitty Hawk and the Curse of the Yukon Gold. They are in Italy when, through a series of events, Kitty discovers some missing paintings. They were among some that were taken by the Nazis during World War II. Now it’s up to Kitty along with new and old friends to trek across Europe finding other missing pieces of artwork.

As always, it’s a pleasure to review Iain Reading’s books. I love the Kitty Hawk series; there is a lot of action and adventu
Tarissa
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another fun installment in the Kitty Hawk series. Upon arrival in Rome, Kitty stumbles into another big mystery. One that spans back to World War II, and prompts a visit to some other European cities of interest.

I was thrilled with the idea of this mystery from the get-go. There's riddles, coded messages on the radio, and priceless art that appears where it shouldn't be. I also loved how she got to meet up with secret investigators on the same track that she's on, and gets to work alongside them
Danielle
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
The fifth book is another great addition to the Kitty Hawk Detective Flying Agency series. Like the last one, there was nothing too new in the general premise in relation to all the previous books, as in Kitty goes to a new location and stumbles into a mystery and adventure she never expected. The different locations definitely add something new, as well as the characters Kitty meets on the way. I was happy to see Charlie back in this one. The idea of secret radio transmissions was certainly int ...more
Biswanath Banerjee
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
And then a portion of the wall cracked open-and before anybody has a chance to have a good look at the escaping figure-dressed all black-rushed towards the front door.
Everyone presented in the room were shocked but the sudden turn of the events-but Charlie –smarter than anybody- tried to get an upper hand over the escaping figure-
However the mysterious figure was too quick to respond-what Charlie was able to do was to hit kitty and both of them made all others present in the room off balance.
Cha
Chinook
May 05, 2015 rated it liked it
I live reading about places I've been and in this case Rome, Vienna, Dachau and Salzburg are described so well that I could picture where the characters were. Which brings me to my main complaint: the research shows too much. The suspense of Kitty's adventure is interrupted by a few too many info dumps to me, though perhaps a young adult audience might find that educational. I also found Kitty's emotions to be a bit over-dramatic at times, such as her extreme fright at hearing the numbers statio ...more
3min45secs
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kitty Hawk and the Mystery of the Masterpieces...What comes next? http://threeminutesfortyfiveseconds.b...
Emily Bares
Jan 14, 2018
Helen
Sep 07, 2015
Valerie
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
In this book, Kitty is back in Europe (Rome) to meet up with a person from her earlier adventures. The book is descriptive in both what is happening around them in this adventure, but also in the setting. I really appreciate the authors attention to the details and it really paints a vivid picture for the reader.

I know I have mentioned it before, but these books really bring to life a strong female character and I really appreciate that they do that. They are interesting reads and well worth the
denise jones
Jan 13, 2018
Kelsey Butts
Jul 11, 2017
Release Excitement! 1 3 Apr 24, 2015 02:40PM

Kitty Hawk Flying Detective Agency (5 books)
  • Kitty Hawk and the Curse of the Yukon Gold (Kitty Hawk Flying Detective Agency, #1)
  • Kitty Hawk and the Hunt for Hemingway's Ghost (Kitty Hawk Flying Detective Agency, #2)
  • Kitty Hawk and the Icelandic Intrigue (Kitty Hawk Flying Detective Agency, #3)
  • Kitty Hawk and the Tragedy of the RMS Titanic (Kitty Hawk Flying Detective Agency, #4)