Start by marking “Reverb (Blue Phoenix, #5)” as Want to Read:
Reverb (Blue Phoenix, #5)

Reverb

(Blue Phoenix #5)

Blue Phoenix drummer, Bryn Hughes, prefers a quiet life away from the spotlight. But that’s proving difficult when his life is complicated by three very different girls:

Mia, the girl who doesn’t understand the word no.
Avery, who wishes she’d said yes.
And his forever girl.

Add to this a secret that threatens to take decisions about the future out of Bryn’s hands, and Bryn’
Published April 20th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Reverb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reverb

Start your review of Reverb (Blue Phoenix, #5)
Louise Seraphim Reviews
description

*sigh* Bryn. I had been waiting for the mysterious, sexy, curly maned, cheeky drummer, for what seemed like ages.
When I finally got to immerse myself in his story, I wasn't disappointed.

Blue Phoenix drummer, Bryn Hughes was the last to have his story told, and no, drummers do not always come in last. I think it's more, saving the best till last!

I'm not going to give much background on this particular story, from the Blue Phoenix series. I usually give a summary of the story, but anyone who kno
Shania Tasker
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was definitely my favourite book in this series! Bryn was the quiet guy we didn't really know much about, and he didn't disappoint! He was hilarious! He had a weird sense of humour, but I loved it! Avery was a little closed off to her feelings towards Bryn, and it took a bit of convincing on his side for them to finally be together. The ending was great, and I loved that we were able to see a lot of their relationship, not just the journey to them being together :) ...more
❤ Bibi ❤
Blue Phoenix reviews
Summer Sky ❤❤❤❤ here
Falling Sky ❤❤❤ here
Unplugged ❤❤❤ here
Rising ❤❤❤❤❤ here
Reverb ❤❤❤❤❤ See below!
Forever Sky ❤❤❤ here

Technically this story is a standalone, but please note that it is part of the Blue Phoenix series, so it does contain spoilers and overlaps with previous books, which should be read first.

Bryn Hughes, Blue Phoenix drummer, is the last member to find his HEA girl yet.
From the other books it’s clear that Bryn is a bit of a mystery. Nobody knows his secrets.
michaela wright
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD!!! This one out of the entire series is my ultimate favorite. I loved it because we finally get to see a different side of Bryn that we don't usually see other than his usual mother hen side. We finally get to see him fall in love and we also get to see why he never had a serious girlfriend. I love the fact that even though Bryn screwed up and broke Avery's heart twice, she stays with him because he loves her in a way that nobody has ever loved her. If I could be Avery I would love to ...more
Kim Richards
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Brilliant.

I think Bryn has just become my favourite of the Blue Phoenix boys. Bless him, although there were times throughout the book I wanted to smack him. It was really great learning more about the group.
I was pulled into this book from the start just like with all the others, only this story pulled at my heart string a little bit more than the other.
This was a great book to end this series on.
Highly recommend this book, in fact the series is one you don't want to miss.
Debra
Mar 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Teverb

Bryn and Avery have a rocky start. His story is shocked full of other women. He lost his one true love when she moved to Australia. And as a drummer in a famous band his bed is not always empty. His 'one's has finally told him they were through. No more hook ups and being hidden. He is lost. But after meeting Avery he has a new look at life. The hole in his heart might heal. When his past comes to him with secrets kept he may loose his second chance.
Autumn
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Bryn so much. Whenever I read the premise of this book I was like ehhh. I was kind of already over this series because I wasn't the hugest fan of Dylan and Sky. Like their falling in love portion was cute but no their ending and then having to drag it out into a whole nother book. Liam's book was really cute to me, Jem's was perfect because he is my favorite.
Bryn was waaayyy cute and I loved Avery even more because she was really sassy. Their push and pull was my favorite thing.
Mary aka scooby
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Drum your way to read this book. Avery is a student in college and is waitressing . She dumps soup on the drummer Bryn of Blue Phoenix at the wedding . So the next day he crashes her date with her friends and ex-boyfriend. I love the chemistry these two have as well as the sense of humor. i was rooting for them .and when we found out the big surprise I as shocked. great read.
Tonya Peterson
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this book was emotional from the start being in love with your first love and then someone ends it is rough and confusing. but when someone comes in and totally takes over you begin to realize things are meant to happen for a reason. a hidden secret almost tears the the new couple apart but the heart always find a way.
Kaylene Osborn
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic read by one of my favourite authors...

Reverb is the fifth book in the Blue Phoenix series of books by Lisa Swallow. This book traces the story of Bryn, the drummer from the world famous Blue Phoenix rock band.

Bryn is different to the other members of Blue Phoenix, his lay-back character gives him charm and charisma, but he seems a little removed if not even a bit standoffish or insensitive. I find Bryn to be the most complicated of the band members and that's saying something,
Gemma Weir
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Check out more of my reviews on my blog http://gemmareadstoomuch.co.uk

Reverb is book #5 in the Blue Phoenix series, I love this series so I was super excited when I was gifted a copy of this book to read for Gemma Reads Too Much.

Bryn is the quiet boy of Blue Phoenix, I always thought his presence was overshadowed by the bigger personalities of Dylan and Jem.

But do you know what this book has made me realise? It’s that Bryn isn’t quiet, he isn’t understated or overshadowed, no Bryn is weird!!!

I d
Demelza Carlton
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Having read the rest of the Blue Phoenix books to date, I've been really looking forward to this one - and not just because it was about the enigmatic drummer. It's because he's a character I knew very little about. He's the one the other band members call when they're in trouble; he's the one who helps them out and he's the one who doesn't seem to have the traditional rock star issues with substance abuse and a troubled past. Yet trouble had only been waiting in the wings for Bryn...

This is ver
Shelley Youngblood
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As a fan of Lisa Swallow's Blue Phoenix series, I have been waiting for book 5, Reverb! I can honestly say, this story more than met my expectations. Lisa Swallow's ability to intricately weave her storylines connecting several characters throughout this series continues to amaze me.

I have read snippets about Bryn throughout the other books, but until I read this book, I only knew one side of him. Bryn has been keeping a secret for the past two years. He and his teenage sweetheart have reunited,
S.D. Wasley
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of the Blue Phoenix drummer, Bryn Hughes, who's just watched all his friends grow up and find beautiful love stories. Bryn's story is handled sensitively and if possible, the reader is even more in love with this gentle giant of a man by the end of this book. His problems make him act out of character but the real Bryn is still in there - he just needs some love to help him grow up and find joy as well. He's worked so hard to be there for his friends, all of whom have messed up ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reverb is a good. It's Bryn story. Bryn is the drummer of Blue Phoenix. If you have read the other books in the Blue Phoenix series, you know who Byrn is. Byrn has been a mystery to me. I was happy to be able to read what makes Byrn tick in Reverb.

In the beginning of the story we see Byrn getting dumped by Hannah, the girl he thinks is his forever girl. He heads home to find out that Mia has set herself up in his house. I didn't like Mia and hoped that Byrn wouldn't end up with Mia.

Then he mee
Jemina Venter
I was lucky enough to read Reverb early, and though I had to read in about 3 sessions, I was loathe to put it down each time! I love that Bryn doesn’t turn into an asshole when he gets confused about his feelings. He is a bit insensitive/thoughtless in how he sorts himself out, but he gets there in the end. He’s fun, and sweet and totally hooked for Avery even when he doesn’t fully realise it. Total Bryn fan!

Avery is awesome! It’s cool that she is a mix of OMG Blue Phoenix and then totally unimp
Mae
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it

I love Lisa Swallow, and I'm madly in love with the members of Blue Phoenix. Bryn was always such a mystery and I was so eager to finally get to know him. Unfortunately, I feel like this book just scratched the surface. I feel like he's an acquaintance at best, where as I feel like I'm a full-fledged Blue Phoenix family member with the rest of the characters and their significant others. I loved Avery's spunky and witty comebacks, but I don't feel like I really know who she is. The stor
Karen
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The book was written for a drummer of a rock band and an ordinary waitress/student who meet at a wedding when she accidentally spills soup on him. I really like Byrn and I think Avery was a good match. I could not blame her for any of her actions or reactions. There is a lot of difference between the classes and more at stake.

I think Byrn really was honest and forthcoming which despite awful circumstances helped him along.

Good reading!!
Victoria Debono
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful love story, the continuous resistance with ups and downs made for a beautiful story for sexy Blue Phoenix drummer Bryn Hughes and the cute Avery. Just don't call her that, lol. How she kept her distance from this hot rock star is beyond me but she was right, he did have growing and baggage to sort out. The caring band member we all love had so much going on, he didn't know where to start but he liked his Carid from the beginning and never stopped. Lovely story Lisa, I loved it. ...more
Andrea
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Forgot how much I like her books

Been busy with life but just got back to reading and I loved this book! I think its my favorite Blue Phoenix book! Must read you wont be disappointed.
Caryn
Apr 27, 2015 rated it liked it
This was the least of my favorite books in the series. Although this book was funny between Bryn and Avery, the book was boring with nothing really happening until the end of the book when Bryns' ex Hannah came to see Bryn and reveiled she had a secret which changed his life ...more
Coralee Corrigan
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
amazing series. couldn't put any of these books down till I was finished of them. ...more
Liz
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rock, rock-sets
Probably my favourite of the series so far. I loved this book, the only downside was that the ending felt rushed. It still deserves more than 5 stars!
Vicki Blood
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Best in the series but not happy with the ending. I still want to read more.
Charlene
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
I felt like everything kept going back and forth and it had no substance apart from the really awkward one-sided humour. Pretty disappointed
Cindy
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lisa Swallow
Jan 20, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
OUT NOW!!

Star
Jan 08, 2017
Fiction  Conviction Book Blog
Jan 08, 2016

• Lovely Madness (Players #4)
  • The Romantic Pact (Kings of Football, #2)
  • See Me After Class
  • Ever After Always (Bergman Brothers, #3)
  • A Filthy Enemy (Filthy Line #3)
  • The Strike Out (Brentwood Baseball)
  • The Mask of Mirrors (Rook & Rose, #1)
  • Starbreaker (Endeavor, #2)
  • The Heart of Arima (Les Corbeaux: The French Vampire Legend #2)
  • The Key to Erebus (Les Corbeaux: The French Vampire Legend, #1)
  • Gild (The Plated Prisoner, #1)
  • It's Definitely Not You
  • Magic Unleashed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #3)
  • A Filthy Engagement (Filthy Line #2)
  • Magic Redeemed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #2)
  • A Filthy Rock Star (Filthy Line #1)
  • Dare to Live (Maxwell, #5)
  • Dare to Breathe (Maxwell, #6)
I am unable to read/answer GR messages at present.
Please feel free to contact me by email at lisa_writes@ymail.com
It's unfortunately become difficult to keep up with requests/messages made via various social media sites.
Thank you so much for understanding! :)

Lisa is an author of new adult romance and writes both paranormal and contemporary, often with a side of snark.
Lisa is originally from the UK

Blue Phoenix (6 books)
  • Summer Sky (Blue Phoenix, #1)
  • Falling Sky (Blue Phoenix, #2)
  • Unplugged (Blue Phoenix, #3)
  • Rising (Blue Phoenix, #4)
  • Forever Sky (Blue Phoenix, #6)