Start by marking “The Time Slip Girl” as Want to Read:
The Time Slip Girl

The Time Slip Girl

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  84 ratings  ·  25 reviews
What if the woman you loved was more than a century away? Dara, a computer programmer from Chicago, is visiting London when she opens a door in an Edwardian house and slips into Edwardian England. Agnes, a beautiful London shop girl, takes in the bewildered 21st century American lesbian, but, as Dara begins to accept that she is stuck in 1908, she also begins to accept tha ...more
ebook
Published May 19th 2015 by Tulabella Ruby Press

To ask other readers questions about The Time Slip Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Time Slip Girl

really liked it 4.00  ·

Jenna
I'm going to keep this one simple and go with bullet points.

Strong Points

• Dara. The main character is an African American lesbian (yay for WoC protagonists!) who works as a computer programmer (yay for women in STEM fields!), plays the violin, has taken self-defense classes and is comfortable in her own skin, even in Edwardian England.

• Friendship. The friendship and burgeoning attraction between Dara and Agnes in the first half of the book was fun to watch.

Neutral Points

• Agnes. While
Margaret
Jan 02, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: l-words
Detailed score: 3.25

I'm not going to say much here except to point you to Jenna's excellent Review of which I agree with every word!

This book had so much potential - and I enjoyed it enough that I'm about to try another of the author's work (a collection of short stories) but it really just fizzles after about the half way mark which was such a disappointment after an intriguing premise.

Having said that, I think it only cost about $5 so in that regard it was better value for money that some oth
angie
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Time Slip Girl is so much better than I ever could have expected: it is a lovely, lovely, warm-hearted, sweet read and reminds me, in the best ways possible, of my favorite movie "Somewhere in Time." The main characters are just so likable and the love story so earnest and endearing and innocent I found myself emotionally affected and very sorry to see the book end. This is definitely a keeper!!
Bobbie  Bomber
Sweet and cute but fell a little flat near the end.

The Time Slip Girl. Started off as a really cute an easy read I really enjoyed both of the protagonist they were interesting and very likeable and seeing a character like Dara adjust to the the 1900's was interesting and I'm really glad Andre didn't shy away from the racial difference either. Agnus even though very naive was still a very sweet character that I did grow like.

The reason why I could only give it 3 stars was about at the 65% point
Rachel
Nov 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay

This was an okay read. The time travel angle was interesting, but the pacing was all over the place and the sex scenes were repetitive.
Brienne Dubh
Jun 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Review from website Escapology Reviews
escapologyreviews.com

A surprisingly delicate portrait of the beginning of a relationship, there are moments when it feels like a simple love story where you're willing them to just kiss already, but the time travel element adds drama with the knowledge that a relationship such as there's was damned by society at the turn of the century.

Dara is newly bereaved and her grief permeates the opening of the novel. The pain of her sudden loss is strong as André desc
Ameliah Faith
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Engaging

The Time Slip Girl is a story of Dara, a young woman who is touring London with her brother and picking her life back up after losing her soon to be wife when she falls through time back to 1908. Agnes is a quiet woman who sticks to herself living in fear in soon after the turn of the century. Her abusive brother drops in and out of her life as he sees fit. She really has no choice in the matter if she doesn't want her closely guarded secret brought to light. On one remarkable night her
Rachel Cotterill
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Romance with a time travel conceit: Dara falls through a rift in time and wakes up in 1908, where she meets the charming Agnes. A light & easy read, without much emphasis on the mechanics of the time-slipping - this is first and foremost a romance. However it's such a sweet story that I'm willing to be very forgiving of the "convenient" way that Dara and Agnes are able to get to where they want to be. I finished it in an afternoon.

Full review to follow.
Kathryn
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoy time travel stories, and this has the added element that nailed it for me - an Edwardian London setting. The romance is sweet and builds up nicely, and there's a good balance of the "fish out of water" trope as Dara adjusts to living in the past.
Heinerway
Okay. I’m a sucker for time travel stories. I also enjoy love stories. So of course I had to read this one. I've enjoyed it very much, although it is not especially memorable or spectacular.
Mel
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
A very quick start, we are introduced to protagonist and Dara and her brother Nick who are visiting London. Again quickly, we discover the backstory relating to Dara and her most recent relationship.

In 1908, Dara seemed to slip into their ways of talking very quickly which didn't really ring true. I would have preferred a bit more about views on homosexuality and race in the early 1900s but felt this was glossed over. I got the feeling that everything was building up to the eventual sex scene, w
Lorna
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Dara is trying to put the pieces of her heart back together after the sudden death of her fiancée, Jenny. She goes travelling with her brother, Nick, and whilst on a tour of London she falls down a flight of stairs and is transported back to 1908. There (or then) she meets naive, sweet Agnes. (view spoiler) ...more
V
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
***Spoilers***
I am not really one for the "fantasy" or "Sci-fi" genres and probably don't know the difference, buy I really enjoyed this novel about romance and time travel. It is written in the third person and switches between the two main characters.
When Dara wakes up in 1908 England, (through the author's imagery and great use of dialogue from that time), I totally believed it. I thought seeing Edwardian England through the eyes of an African American woman was fascinating and watching Dara
Cordyn
You know, I am typically not big into time travel fiction, but this one wasn’t too bad. I think it’s because it wasn’t the main focus of the book. The development of the characters and their relationship was. Obviously, due to the obstacles the characters had to face, it had to be somewhat of an integral part, but the way the author went about it I felt worked well. I would definitely read more of her work. It isn’t my usual fare, but it kept my interest enough to where I’d be willing to give an ...more
Donna J Corboy
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one caught me off guard.

First, and most importantly, to me was the editing. I didn't see any typos or grammar mistakes. I find the subject of time travel, very fascinating. This story Kept my interest from beginning to end. The ending in my mind leaves it open for the possibility of a follow up book.It would be interesting to see how Agnes adjust to the future life that she found herself in.
Ashley
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Overall this was a cute romance, and I am a sucker for the whole "will they be able to be together again?' I really enjoyed the diversity and the characters. The plot was interesting and fun! Some plot holes and parts seemed rushed but not bad. I would recommend to a friend but maybe say don't think too hard on the plausibility of the story.
Jane
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lesbian Time Traveller

This book was wonderful to read. I'm a big fan of H.G. Wells. Having a coloured lesbian main character who falls in love with Edwardian lady is just absolute bliss! Give it a read; it ends happy.
Heather Henkel
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great time travel story

This was a lot of fun to read. I liked the characters and it was interesting to read about some of the things we take for granted not being around, like veggies at meals. I thought the romance was well done.
Becko

Enjoyed well thought out romance. The progression of the relationship between Dara and Agnes does not feel forced. The potential complications of time travel is dealt with but not beat to death. A weekend read, easy and fun. Something I didn't want to put down.

Rachel
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars for Dara and Agnes.
There were so many awful things about this books, like insta insta love and plot holes.
But there were some things that I liked: Agnes and Dara (especially Agnes), The Newtons and the idea of the story. It was executed awfully but I still enjoyed it.
Kevin
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very interesting and well written.

An excellent love story and also excellent as time-travel story.

Definitely worth reading as either a romance or as a time-travel story, if you like both, even better.
Laura Naysmith
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, it was a page turner ( i Know it’s a books and that how you work them but you know what I mean) If I had a re-read pile then this would be pretty high up on it.
Chris
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
great concept- just couldn't read it-
Star
Apr 23, 2015 added it
THE TIME SLIP GIRL is a beautifully written story of discovering new love in an unconventional way. Dara Gillard is a smart, attractive, and talented woman from 2014 who is visiting London with her brother as a way of honoring her dead fiancée, Jenny. Dara is on a tour when she falls through a time slip to 1908 Edwardian London. She meets Agnes Cartwright, who lives in the house Dara was touring in 2014, along with Mrs. Newton and her children. While Dara is trying to find her way through her ne ...more
Natalya
Mar 03, 2017
Adrienne Reddan
Nov 27, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Elizabeth Andre writes lesbian erotic romance, science fiction and young adult stories. She is a lesbian in an interracial same-sex marriage living in the Midwest. She hopes you enjoy her stories. She certainly loves writing them.