Start by marking “Killing Time (For Better or for Worse #2)” as Want to Read:
Killing Time (For Better or for Worse #2)

Killing Time (For Better or for Worse #2)

Death is the ultimate heartbreak. Evangeline never expected it to break hers after she died. No one should have to choose between their husband and their first love, but it is that choice that shatters her spirit.

She makes her choice, choosing not to transition, and finds that death can be vengeful too.

The world of the dead is far more complex that she ever knew, and faci
ebook
Published 2015 by Untold Press

To ask other readers questions about Killing Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killing Time

Caru
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
*First and foremost, thank you to the author for providing me with a review copy!

Killing Time is the sequel to For Better or for Worse. As you guys may recall, I had a few issues with the first book hence why I gave it 3.5 stars so I was a bit hesitant to read this one. But, goodness, I should have never been. All the issues had before? Vanished, completely gone. Killing Time was amazing, to say the least.

Eve finally grew a backbone. In the first book, I found it a bit hard to connect with Eve.
Marla
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the series and a lot more happens. Evangeline is stuck between death and going to either heaven or hell. She is with her husband Josh who is also deceased. But she is also with her first love Will who died when she was young. Will has been taken by the Hunters who are out to exterminate the wanderers, the souls who were supposed to pass on and didn't. This is about Evangeline and Josh with a group trying to get away but also trying to find their loved ones including Wi ...more
Lillian
I received an eARC of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of this review.

Initial Reaction:

AND

AND

WHY INGRID? WHY?!?!

Killing Time by Ingrid Nickelsen is the follow-up to her debut novel For Better or for Worse and picks up immediately where the story left off. (SPOILER NOTE: If you haven't read book one, there are minor spoilers in this review) Evangeline has not transitioned and is running to her old section i
Emily
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: sci-fi romance fans
Recommended to Emily by: Ingrid
Wow, wow, wow. This sequel was so darn good. I actually went back and read book 1, so that the transition into book 2 would be smooth. Book 2 picks up right where book 1 stops, and let me tell you...Book 2 doesn't disappoint.

I'm simply in awe with how the author, Nickelsen, came up with her story. It's beyond creative. The story and characters come to life on page. With every detail, it was easy to imagine the different scenes. I really pictured the landscape, the different stores, homes, people
Erisha (Bookaholic Reads)
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-books
Review can be found at: www.bookaholic-reads.blogspot.com
Sabrina
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing

*Thank you so much to the author for providing me with a free ebook copy in exchange for an honest review!*

This book made me laugh, smile, and shed a whole bunch of tears. I was so happy when Ingrid Nickelsen had messaged me saying that this book was out! After reading For Better or for Worse I was looking forward to reading Killing Time.

Things that I loved about the book:

**Character:

When I originally read the first one For Better or for Worse I fell in love with Eve & Will. They were am
Katy O'Dowd
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After I had read For Better or for Worse, the first book in this series and if you haven't read it you should, I felt bereft. That was a little over a year ago and I can honestly say that it stayed with me, so when I found out that Killing Time had been released I was delighted to get it onto my Kindle.

Well, what can I say? All the things that I wrote in my review of For Better or for Worse stand and I would apply them all to Killing Time too. What bliss to start reading the book and revisit the
Hayley Guertin
Killing Time was absolutely unbelievable! What even? I have no words. We were left with an unimaginable cliffhanger from the first book, For Better or for Worse, and it was answered immediately, just to leave you with another cliffhanger at the end of this book. It was a completely crazy ride from start to finish, and I'm happy to know it's not over.

It was awesome meeting the characters that we got to know and love once again, as well as some new characters. It was interesting to see how everyo
Janette
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
The story of Eve...and Will.....and Josh. And it all takes place in a new world of "afterlife". This afterlife is filled with wanderers and hunters. The story takes you through Eve's turmoil of a heart split in two and the men that her heart belongs to, Will and Josh. Chased by Hunters, fear and emotions run high, even a world where the "dead" can't be killed. We meet their friends and family and those that look out for them and others. The way the story started was a little confusing for me, bu ...more
stephanie svajgl
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved the continuation of Evangeline's story! It was heartbreaking to read some of the things in this book that happened to Evangeline both in her life and her life after death. I loved reading how she met Josh and how he helped her get through her grief. I was so heartbroken over the struggles Will had to go through with the Hunters and his brother. I can't wait to see what happens next! Loved this book!
Abbey
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review!

I loved it!!
I loved watching the characters grow

Watching Evangeline go through what she did, really makes you feel for the characters.
Kim Light
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this book even more than the first! My heart is as torn as Eve with who to choose- josh or Will? So many twists and turns in the plot, I had to keep reading to see what would happen next. Such originality as well! If you ever wonder about the afterlife, this is quite an interesting twist!
Neilliza Swaffar
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided by publisher, in return for an honest review.**

☆☆☆☆☆ 4.5 Stars ☆☆☆☆☆

When it comes to the afterlife, things are not always what it seems.

When Eve died and went to a whole new world before heaven. They were there to find themselves and to work off what they needed to work off. When their time came, they would easily go through their transition and there was no choice to not go through it. But after Eve had gotten to know her first love Will again (in the first book), she couldn’t l
Ashlee Elder
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy to read the first book in this amazing series and even happier to read the second. There was solid character development and exploration of this universe seemed even more complete. I would recommend both of these books to anyone who asked.
Deniz
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, fantasy
So first things first, I have reviewed the first book in this series, and you can check that out here.

I was super excited when I was asked to review this book by the author. I LOVED the first book and I LOOOVED the second book!

So without spoiling anything, Eve continues her journey and her new mission is to find Will. Why? Well read the books, silly! ;). We are introduced to a new batch of characters, both evil and good, and they are executed amazingly.

Eve comes across a group of wanderers who w
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is nothing like what I thought it was going to be. In saying that, I’m not saying that it wasn’t a good read, it was just completely different, a complete surprise.

I found the premise of this story very interesting. We’ve seen films and read stories about the ones we love waiting for us beyond the grave. Who could forget the most epic of them all, seeing Jack waiting for Rose after all those years, when they only had that brief time on the ship. However, though lost loves usually remai
Sarah Fairbairn
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I’m writing this review over a month after reading the book, as I’ve been on holidays, but I can remember exactly how I felt and what I said the moment I finished this book.

I felt super hyped up and I said “I can’t wait to read next one”.

Unlike the first book that was just told in Eve’s point of view, we get duel POV with the addition of Will. I really enjoyed being inside Will’s head.

We get a lot of drama early on with Eve forced to join a group of wanders after running off from her transition
Meredith Schorr
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The author provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

I really enjoyed this follow-up. It was an interesting take on what happens in the after-life and I am particularly intrigued by this type of book having recently lost someone I loved more than life itself. While I doubt things go down as created in this book, it totally held my attention. I love the authors use of description to put the reader into a different world. I was worried about the love triangle beca
Dora
May 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: sent-for-review
Blog- confessingmyreadstoyou.wordpress.com
After the ending of the first one, I couldn't wait to read what happens next. In my own personal scale I give it an 78%. It was a nice read, but there were some things that bothered me a bit. I'm not fond of love triangles. Eve's indecision was brutal to read. Like the first one, every situation was dramatize.

Now for the good things. Like the first one the writing and word choice was beautiful! Ingrid is an amazing writer. There was one OMG moment that I
Erinda Zemblaku
Jboucher333
Oct 18, 2016
Indiana Butler
May 23, 2017
Ingrid is a French girl, college student, and dreamer. She currently resides in Paris, where she spends most of her time going to museums and the movies.
Despite the romantic atmosphere in Montmartre, or even the fancy cafés in the Champs Elysées, she would easily trade it all for a nice walk in the woods with her schnauzer, Golden. She's always craving adventures, and finds that books are the che