Start by marking “Double Tap (Code 11-KPD SWAT, #2)” as Want to Read:
Double Tap (Code 11-KPD SWAT, #2)

Double Tap

(Code 11-KPD SWAT #2)

Nico met the love of his life when he was seventeen.

Immediately, he realizes that the gap in their ages is too significant to make a move on her until she’s legal in the eyes of the law. So he joins the United States Navy, killing time until he can come home to her again.

But a tragedy strikes while Georgia is alone and vulnerable, and with no other recourse, Georgia leav
Published June 4th 2015 (first published May 19th 2015)

Alp
2.75/5

It wasn't bad, per se, but it wasn’t that good either.

I had high hopes for this book since I was pretty impressed with the first one in this series. Sadly, it didn't live up to its promising blurb and ended up being just another mediocre read.

I got slightly bored during the first half of the book because the story moved very slowly. There was way too much sap and not enough plot, which I had to skim through the dull bits. The romance between Nico and Georgia was bland, plain, and predictab
Kate
Jul 12, 2016 marked it as nope-not-celibate-aftr-seeing-h
Why would someone make virgin hero and then let him do all other stuff except penetration with OW? Just make him virgin or not virgin, its fucking simple.

(view spoiler)
Erth
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great read by author Lani Lynn Vale! It was full of swoon, humor, intrigue, heartbreak and happiness. I liked it. A lot.

I have nothing but mad love for Nico and Georgia. Everything about them and their relationship felt so right, so natural... so real. I LOVED their shared history. The importance of family, their religious beliefs, their mutual love of soccer and their undeniable chemistry helped to build such a strong and everlasting foundation to their relationship. Nico and Georgia we
Chantal ❤️
Diana's
Well it's official!!
You just can't go wrong when you pick up a Lani Lynn Vale Book..
Every single book I've read and I've read EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. has been stellar!!

Full Review Here...

photo Double Tap_zps7jsb4auv.jpg

RJ
I thought I would love this book because they were both virgins and I love that trope but I was sadly disappointed. The plot didn't interest me much and some things didn't work for me. I also hated that he was a virgin but had done everything but penetration with ow's. Like what's the point of virgin hero then? He also loved her since they met but went around fooling with other women? Didn't make sense.
Janie
Oct 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Danielle
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
FIVE 'BABYLOVE' STARS!

I'm an unashamed, unabashed enormous fan of the incredibly talented Lani Lynn Vale. Her books, which - thankfully - release on a regular schedule at the beginning of each month, are very much looked forward to, waited upon with anticipation and schedule-clearing planned for reading events to which I devote distraction-free chunks of my time to properly savor and experience the LLV goodness that has just landed in my hands. I have yet to be disappointed by one of her stories
Nicla

I really enjoyed Double Tap. I thought it was better than book 1 series. Loved both our hero and heroine. So glad they got a happily ever after. Recommend if you are looking for a low angst romance.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW (view spoiler)
Angst Level: Low
Heat Level: Medium to High
Astraycat
Lani Lynn Vale did it again! What a fabulous book!

Both Nico and Georgia were awesome, and I loved that they didn't waste time to declare their love to each other after eight-year separation. (view spoiler) I not only laughed at some points but also got emotional at one point too.

I also loved to see some familiar characters, such as Miller and Forster {brothers of Trance from Kevlar to My Vest(The Heroes of the
Raine
I really loved this one. Nico is the loner on the SWAT team and has always loved Georgia since she was 14. Something tragic happened when she was younger and she moved away. Now she's back.

The only issue I had was it wasn't really spelled out that Georgia is the oldest of her siblings (all others being boys who are younger). I'm assuming that this is true. I am also a little confused (view spoiler)
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
Read...Re-read...Re-read Again...This is my favorite Lani Lynn Vale book and definitely one of the best books that I've read this year.

This was such a great story. Was it all sunshine and rainbows? No. It was sad and heartbreaking. Nico and Georgia both experienced unimaginable things in their pasts that had shaped who both characters were today.

"They say I have a mild case of PTSD. One that doesn't really make itself known until it's the dark of night." Georgia to Nico

"We can compare notes on
Shelly
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Baby Love Stars!

Really liking this series so far. Nico's book had me flipping through the pages as fast as I could until the end.
Cristina
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Insta-love/lust...what else is new? Same old story just different names.
Tori
As always, Vale produces an action packed, funny as hell, smoking hot, romance with strong heroines, alpha heroes, an eccentric secondary cast, and a suspenseful conflict. Review to come.
~`*Ella Lee*`~
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love LLV! I've read every book she's written and have watched this author get better and better with her characters, story telling and overall story building. I pretty much pre-order every book and read them the whole way through the day they are bought. She is that entertaining.
This book was a great introduction to several new Alphas and brought back a few old alphas to give us a glimpse at where they're at.
I loved the story of second chance love for these two home town love birds. I love that
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Loved this story. I could not read it fast enough. So much more than I expected.

Nico has had feelings for Georgia since he was 17 and she was 13. Being the good guy he waited until she was 18 to act on them feelings. Sadly things don't go to plan and they are separated. Eight years later when they meet up the attraction is still there.

Have I mentioned that Nico is a SWAT Officer?? Darn how could I forget that. He's so hot. Love both main characters. The secondary characters are brilliant and a
Megan Fall
Another great read from one of my favourite authors. I adore Nico and it was so great to see him get a second chance with his childhood sweetheart. I laughed, I cried ugly tears and I sat on the edge of my seat! As with pretty much all her books, I read it in one sitting!!
~Kristin~
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Kodie Mackay
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This author is just amazing!

Lani Lynn is without a doubt my favourite author ever. She gives me everything I want in a book &i still find my self craving more... Humor, angst, happiness, anger and surprise, every emotion you can I feel I experience in every book, every time! I honestly cannot say that about any other author I'v read. Not once ever have I dislike any part of her books. It honestly amazes me how humble she is as an author... Regardless of the cost I'd still have my next hit o
Pam Nelson
I didn’t finish, I had an hour and a half left and I just didn’t care to finish. I usually love all Lani’s book but this one just didn’t hit the spot for me.

I felt like there were chunks of the story missing. Just too many killings, not enough REAL emotions to support it. So much negativity on these characters it was too much.

I didn’t really even like the main characters. I thought it odd that Georgia was introduced with a best friend and that said friend is hardly mentioned again yet she the
Carrie
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really liked both Nico & Georgia! Their story flowed well & had a surprising twist or two. They also have some great banter, which is always my favorite. Loved getting to know the rest of the SWAT team, as well. : )
Leona Woolfolk
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
My thoughts on Nico's character, from what I glimpsed in Center Mass, led me to believe that he was of the strong, silent, and mysterious/killer variety. I'm not saying that my thoughts were wrong, simply stating that those characteristics were just a small fraction of what made up Nico as a whole. He was actually a sweetie pie who REALLY liked his privacy, which brought a little tenderness to his character after we catch a few glimpses of what he endured in the military. Now on the other side ...more
Johnnie-Marie Howard
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r
Just like Lani's other stories this one is amazing. I have no words on how wonderful this story really is. Holy smokes I finished this in 1 day, 1 day only WOW. I'm amazed at that. The characters are strong no matter what they face and even stronger by the end of the story. It's worth every page turn and every word on the pages, The cover to cover read is almost a must and by the time you reach the end you can't wait to jump into the next one.MUST READ over and over again, the hole series and th ...more
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
There was something just so romantic about this second chance romance. These two were not even sure they'd ever see each other again but saved themselves for each other . I love that Lani always gives me loyal, faithful characters and sexy and funny stories. Suspense that has me biting my nails with the perfect balance of peaceful times too. The friendships and family bonds she weaves into these stories just affect me so deeply. It's like you really get to know these people. I can't wait to dive ...more
Maya
Jun 28, 2015 rated it liked it
BASICS

Love triangle? (view spoiler)
Cheating? (view spoiler)
HEA? (view spoiler)
Any Descriptive Sex w/OW/OM/Ex? (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? Maybe, but not for now.
Rating: +3 stars

Review

A great story about two people, that no matter the odds still find their happy ever after. :)
Talltree
Jul 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Nichole
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yep! It's official, I'm in love with Nico!!
Ann
Aug 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Another story lacking details both in plot and romance. Reassured me that I don't need to read any further. Such a shame since it seemed that this could've been a likeable series.
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
A winner!!!!!!

Nico met Georgia and realized she was the one for in, she was very young so he waited. The night that things got a little intimate between them was just a prelude to a horrific tragedy. Georgia left with her brothers and eight years passed until she returned home. They picked up as if the separation never happened. Then Nico's job caused him to go to Witsec leaving behind a pregnant Georgia who thought, for a few months, that he had died. He returned,the case was solved, they get m
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Into the Blackness (The Blackness, #4)
  • The Science of Loving
  • Framed
  • Heart of the Wolf, #1-3
  • His Safe Keeping (Safe, #1)
  • Best Kase Scenario (Hyde, #2)
  • Love’s Tempting (The Love's, #2)
  • Embattled Minds (Lost and Found, #2)
  • Jagged Edge (The Arsenal #1)
  • Pride Bundle #1 (Pride, #1-2 & 6)
  • Semper Fi (Semper Fi, #1)
  • Snake Charmer (Rawkfist MC #2)
  • Honey Red
  • Bane (Bad Boys of X-Ops,  #4)
  • Beautiful Life (Carpino, #2)
  • Gavin's Submissives (Creek Valley, #1)
  • Finding Home
  • Hiding in Plain Sight
Lani Lynn Vale is married to the love of her life that she met in high school. She fell in love with him because he was wearing baseball pants. Ten years later they have three perfectly crazy children and a cat named Demon who likes to wake her up at ungodly times in the night. They live in the greatest state in the world, Texas. She writes contemporary and romantic suspense, and has a love for al ...more

Code 11-KPD SWAT (7 books)
  • Center Mass (Code 11-KPD SWAT,  #1)
  • Bang Switch (Code 11-KPD SWAT, #3)
  • Execution Style (Code 11-KPD SWAT, #4)
  • Charlie Foxtrot (Code 11-KPD SWAT, #5)
  • Kill Shot (Code 11-KPD SWAT, #6)
  • Coup De Grâce (Code 11-KPD SWAT, #7)
“Jingle Bells, Twilight smells, Edward ran away. Jacob cries, Bella dies, Harry Potter all the way. Hey! -T-shirt” 10 likes
“I hope you fall down with your hands in your pockets. -E-Card” 8 likes