Start by marking “Slingshot” as Want to Read:
Slingshot

Slingshot (Slingshot #1)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  33 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Kim expected significant trouble after stealing a prototype spaceship with an one-of-a-kind unfettered AI, but not this much. She finds herself on the run from radical AI liberation types, the military, and even intelligence agencies after her.

As Kim realizes that she may not be the sole target, she scrambles to form new alliances and revive existing ones. Few people are
Published May 1st 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Slingshot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slingshot

Kristian Köhntopp
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tobias Klausmann schiebt uns in ein fremdes Universum und erklärt nichts: Jemand stiehlt ein Raumschiff und der Schiffscomputer kann reden. Das Schiff scheint ein Prototyp zu sein, und schneller oder besser als andere Schiffe zu sein, und offenbar ist es was besonderes, daß der Schiffscomputer eine allgemeine künstliche Intelligenz ist.

Im Laufe des Buches erfahren wir mehr über die Diebin, warum sie das tut, was sie tut und wo die Konfliktlinien in Klausmanns Universum verlaufen. Die Geschichte
Alexandr
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I am not sure how to rate this but the premise was so good and the idea so interesting that I give it a 3. I like how the world is built and how the technology is explained. I do like the characters and I want to find out more about them. And that is exactly the negativ point: too little background, too little colour and not enough meat on the bone. Somehow I miss more depth but I am still curious about the big questions in the book and I hope the next book will manage to meet my expectations.
Jan Exner
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Solid sci-fi, but I found it somewhat hard to connect with the characters. Given that the characters are the main attraction here, that was a pity.
Kim
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
I never did quite exactly manage to understand any of the characters, especially their motivations. Character background and circumstances, and more exposure about the world in which this story takes place would have been really helpful too.

This book was recommended to be by a friend so I gave it some effort, but it felt like I was reading a report with missing information the whole time. About three quarters of the way through, I could barely keep it together, as, by that point, new story eleme
Volkher
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
knowing how long Tobias wrote on his debut work it really came out brilliant. The story is deep and characters evolve within the story. Like with most authors additions to the plot are added when they need to give more insights into the universe or more depth to the characters.
Chp
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great debut novel, I can't wait to read the next part.
Johann