Start by marking “Rise from Ash (Daughter of Fire #2)” as Want to Read:
Rise from Ash (Daughter of Fire #2)

Rise from Ash

(Daughter of Fire #2)

4.69  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews

When she discovers a cryptic message from that very man, Clay Jacobs, her mind is thrown into turmoil. It’s second nature for Evie to run, but there is no escaping the memories of their time together.
ebook
Published June 28th 2015 by Bottom Drawer Publications

To ask other readers questions about Rise from Ash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rise from Ash

Kristy
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an ARC from Michelle, in exchange for an honest review.

Picking up this book, I was filled with excitment & dread... I was excited because I couldn't wait to read more of Evie's story, but dreaded it becuase I knew after the ending of 'Through the Fire' Evie had so much to learn about herself & I wasn't sure in what direction her journey would go.

Karla Hetherington
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Michelle weaves pure magic again!
I loved THROUGH THE FIRE book one of DAUGHTER OF FIRE and BESIEGED BY RAIN book 1 of SON OF RAIN and i suggest you read these two first as each series are companions for the other...plus they are both brilliant.

So RISE FROM ASH starts right after through the fire and OMG talk about action and suspense!! i was meant to keep this for the insomniac nights but once i started i couldn't stop..... it was just another page then just another page and before i knew it i f
Jacky
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow loved the beginning, Wow loved the middle and oh that ending. Once again Michelle has weaved a magical story of love and angst of the story that is Evie & Clay. This is a paranormal story set in the real world and is the continuation of "Through the Fire (Daughter of Fire)".

"Love has cost Evie Meyers everything. Wounded and alone, she has no choice but to learn how to survive without becoming the monster she is thought to be by the man she loves.

When she discovers a cryptic message from
Linda Field
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rise from Ash by Michelle Irwin

Wow I couldn't wait to read this after Through the Fire ended I just couldn't wait.

You definitely need to read Through the Fire before you start Rise from Ash.

Evie bless her learns so much about herself in this book but she suffers so much to. Made me want to rescue her myself. Rise from Ash starts off where Through the Fire finished. All through the book I kept thinking Evie has to survive Clay can't get near her ever. The more I read though the more I could see
Demelza Carlton
I must admit, this book is dark. The story follows on-the-run Evie through the stark reality of deprivation, despair and the knowledge that she can never stop running because those who hunt her are only one step behind her...and sometimes even closer. Every step of the way, you're willing her to keep going, to not give up....all the while wondering when her luck will change because Evie doesn't deserve all the bad luck that's come her way. After all, it's not her fault she is what she is - she w ...more
Kristy
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an ARC from Michelle, in exchange for an honest review.

I would stongly advise you to read 'Through the Fire' book 1 of the "Daughter of Fire" series first, then jump into 'Besieged by Rai
Diary of a Book Addict
This is book 2 in the 'Daughter of Fire' Series

Rise from Ash starts off where Through the Fire ends (if you haven't read TTF you need to read this first).

After fleeing the Hospital, a devastated Evie is on the run from the Rain.

Living a half life and pining for the man hunting her, Evie faces a tough decision when she receives a cryptic message from Clay; should she risk her life for love or run in the opposite direction?

OMFG! What a roller coaster of a book, I was yet again feeling every emo
Amanda Wise
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kat
Jun 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: paranormal Romance & Shifter lovers 18+
* gifted by the publisher for an honest review *

I have read and loved the first book Through the Fire by Michelle Irwinshe has written this series with a different twist with the Supernaturally Born Evie who is a Phoenix, who has been on the run nearly all her life from the relentless 'Rain' Hunters who are like some fanatic secret society who want to exterminate anything supernatural. and how she falls for a boy from her past who is unfortunately the son of 'Rain Royalty'. He's been brought up
Romance Between The Sheets
Please note this review may contain spoilers.

RISE FROM ASH starts up from where THROUGH THE FIRE finished, with Evie escaping the hospital believing that Clay hates and blames her for the death of his twin sister. There are gaps in time, years actually, from when Evie escapes the hospital until she meets up with Clay again. Not much happened to Evie during those years other than being hunted by the Rain. Clay’s story during that time will be much more interesting I think. He spent the years apar
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon

***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

This is the second book in the Daughter of Fire series. The romantic theme of star crossed lovers shines in this book too. Book one introduced the characters and set the mindset and book two picked up at the moment left off in book one.

Evie, a young girl on her own has to deal with the guilt she felt in the wake of death that seems to follow her and the real threat of a group of killers, The Rain, bent on her demise. She is in love with Clay, but he now wants her dead
Alison
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars!!!

I was given this book in turn for an honest review!!!

As Evie runs from the man she loves; she begins to believe she truly is a monster. When Clay leaves a mysterious address Evie begins to question if the running is worth it? Alone, afraid and desperate to have the life she longs; can she survive alone? Will she give in to temptation and see Clay one more time? Will it be their last time?

Michelle Irwin sends you on another whirlwind adventure with Rise from Ash. She had me hooked from
Hopelessly Devoted
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My Review
--Stands up and applauses loudlyyyy--
Firstly i'd just like to say a massive thank you to Michelle! This lady has a way of wielding words and taking me on a vacation to a world where the Rain hunt and the Phoenix rises!
If you haven't read 'Through The Fire' then you've missed out on the book that began my love affair with Evie Meyers! She's a sassy, sexy and extremely heartbroken young woman. Love has done nothing but kick her in the teeth and yet, when it comes to Clay...it's worth it.
Karen Harper
I’ve read several books written by Michelle Irwin including the first book in this series, Through the Fire, and the first book in the Son of Rain series, Besieged by Rain and I’ve enjoyed them all. They were very hard to put down. However, I didn’t think Rise from Ash was as compelling to read as the earlier books.
Rise from Ash starts with Evie Meyers on the run because she believes the love of her life, Clay Jacobs, hates her and wants to kill her because of what she has done. This is very und
Ashley
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't wait for this book after reading Through the Fire and now I can't wait for the next one! It's hard to put down once you start, there's so much action. Poor, sweet Evie continues to go through so much. And it seems that her and clay will forever have bad timing, or just bad communication. I was happy to read that ending and I am very curious about her new Shadow. And I assume because of it I have to say..Hightops. 3
J.A. Kenney
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, paranormal, romance
If you loved Michelle Irwin's Through the Fire you will LOVE this!

If you haven't read Through the Fire yet READ IT!

This was a great continuation from the first novel....

My full review will be online soon....at My Blog!
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
This is the second book in the Daughter of Fire series and I loved this one even more than the

first, which is really saying something! I strongly advise reading the first book before diving into this one

or you will be completely lost as this is definitely not a standalone in any way at all. Evie and Clay have

been through hell and back in the first book and a surprising amount of things have taken place since we

were first introduced to them in book one. There is a ruthless organization known
United Indie Book Blog
This is the second book in the series and you do need to read the first one in order to understand what’s going on. I received a copy of this book for an honest review.
Evie’s on the run, she’s alone and scared. There are reports out that she killed and is wanted by the police for crimes she hasn’t committed. She’s been tortured and now thinking that even Clay doesn’t want her, she does what she can to survive. As she travels, she has some really close calls with members of the Rain. Outwitting t
Crystal
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Renée Swann
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jan-tbr-2016, na
I loved this book! I love how Clay and Evie interact with each other, and how the author can suck you in right away. The “just one more chapter!” phrase applies here – I just couldn't stop reading.
Samantha
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. It was a great read!
Flora Viggiano
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is awesome. The characters are very well rounded. The main character is a very strong girl, who experiences discrimination to the extreme from a family of monster hunters. the consider everyone a monster who is not like them. The novel shows how far hate can reach and how much love can save. Evie is one of those characters that you can't help but want to route for. Clay is the man she loves but he is a member to the family that hates. It makes for some very turbulent moments to say t ...more
Spunky N Sassy
Hannah Annear
Sep 11, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Jun 24, 2015
  • Between (Dark Intent, #1)
  • Downfall (Incorruptibles, #1)
  • See You in Hell (Mel Goes to Hell, #2)
  • Chaos Bound (Chronicles from the Applecross #2)
  • Blind Lust
  • Kitsune: A Little Mermaid Retelling
  • Beasthood (The Hidden Blood Series, #1)
  • The Harvest Festival (Fallen Oaks, #1)
  • A Bride of Salt and Stars (The Fearless, #4)
  • New Beginnings (Highland Wolf Clan #3)
  • Silver Strife (Immortal Quicksilver #1)
  • Exposed To Passion (Five Senses, #3)
  • Keeping Katie
  • Valamine (Lover's Rift, #1)
  • Mothers (The Invisibles, Book 1)
  • Moonlight Dancer
  • Too Hot To Trot (Cowboy Way, #3)
  • Season of Shadow and Light
Purveyor of words. Creator of worlds. Destroyer of feels.

Once upon a time, Michelle worked in a dreary office with only the voices in her head for company. Now, the voices in her head are characters on the page who will break your heart, lift your spirit, and make you feel like you have found new friends.

Daughter of Fire (4 books)
  • Through the Fire (Daughter of Fire, #1)
  • Into the Rain (Daughter of Fire, #3)
  • Igniting the Spark (Daughter of Fire, #4)