Start by marking “The Prince's Consort (Bred for Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Prince's Consort (Bred for Love, #1)

The Prince's Consort

(Bred for Love #1)

In a world where humans are genetically designed, altered and sold for sexual pleasure and breeding, a young prince of the powerful Cassian Dynasty decides to take a mate and sire heirs. Not wishing to saddle himself with royal and meddlesome in-laws, and a wife he would have no desire to bed, Prince Edward goes to Heritage Breeders, and finds far more than just a warm bod ...more
Published April 21st 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Prince's Consort, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prince's Consort

Start your review of The Prince's Consort (Bred for Love, #1)
Karla
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

OMG! What did I just read?! It was fantastic this book utterly fascinated me.

"The Prince's Consort" is book one in the "Breed For Love series" and wow! What a way to start! This was my first mpreg read and I love it. I was kinda hesitant at first but I soon as I read the first chapter I was hooked.

description

Prince Edward wants children but he doesn't want a wife to deal with, especially when he prefers males for his sexual partners. He decides to go to heritages breeders where he can choose h
Shin Mon Thway
Reread: December 24, 2017
Just as wonderful as the first time. ~ *happy sigh* ~
😌

Wow .. Am I the only one who wishes that I were in Cassian Dynasty and I, too, could buy breeders from Heritage? 😂 Such a classic perverted Shin, huh? 😏Anyhow, everything about this novel is just so wrong and so right!!! Well, not gonna lie, I'm really a sucker for HEA and dramatic romance. This book is everything I ever wanted in my wildest fantasies. And may be this one is not everyone's cuppa but it definitely wa
Nazanin
Jan 17, 2018 marked it as lost-interested
DNF @ 50%

It was just ME not the book. My friends loved this book but it was weird/strange for me. It was my first read in Mpreg books and I couldn't enjoy it! This alternating male body didn't really work for me but I hope you enjoy it, at least more than me!
Deborah
Jun 02, 2018 rated it liked it

3.5*

While I have to admit I’m not a huge fan of mpreg I am a huge fan of this author (SJ Himes) and having just re-reading her amazing necromancer series I decided I’d finally give this a try.

Prince Edward is third son to the king but with his older brothers both having children he’s now so far down the line of succession that he’s free to make his own choices. And he wants a male breeder.
Now in this world humans are genetically designed, altered and sold for sexual pleasure and breeding. Edward
Susan
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it

Very very cute. I’m not sure this is for everyone, since the cuteness and the sweetness is very OTT, but it worked for me, since I like that sort of cheesiness.

This takes place in Cassian, a kingdom with modern day technology. Prince Edward want heirs, but since he is 10th in line for the crown, he has no obligation to marry for the kingdom. Especially since he does not want a wife, he wants a man as his consort. And that’s why a breeder sounds like a good choice. Breeders are men or wo
Eugenia
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Eugenia by: Shin Mon Thway
I need the rest of this series NOW!!

This book made me happy! It made me feel good! It made me warm and sexy, and I just have to read the rest of this series!

Five stars for feelz. Yes. That’s what this is. I’m not ashamed to admit that I fell in love with an MPREG book. That I fell in love with insta-love. Nope. Holding my smut loving head up high, I am.

Percy, the breeder, is adorable. Think twink slave. Self lubricating. With a NEED to procreate. But only when stimulated.

Edward, the prince, is
Lorraine Lesar
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Insta love, resulting in a mpreg! I jumped in with no life jacket (didn't know the author, so took a chance) in selecting this book and ended up riding the crest of the wave, I felt like the Queen of Surfers - the book was that good!
I suppose this may be classed as an AU (alternative universe)?, where in that world, genetically altered men are reared in the labs and when reach maturity, they become "Breeders". It is not a good life, their only function is to birth the offspring their Master forc
Martin
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
LOL, sorry, but I can't get into this. Genetically altered men aka 'breeders' with self-lubricating assholes, bearing children through I don't know what part of their anatomy...

Plus a fairy tale prince with a smartphone who tries his best not to mount his breeder at every opportunity... because he wants kids, of course.

It's just too much...
☙ nemo ❧
ok so i literally didn't even expect to like this tbh i just read it because the sub has the same name as me #logic

but i actually... really did like it?? i usually don't go for mpreg books; i'm reasonably familiar with the genre after stumbling across it in fanfiction but this is the first actual book i've read with mpreg in it (except from that one about tentacles, but let's not talk about that right now)

my main criticism of mpreg in general is that it's pretty much always cissexist and i'm p
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
DNF at 37%

I just couldn't....naturally lubricating buttholes, futuristic male breeders, smartphones (blahhhh texting), little tiny little one Percy.

Not my cuppa. But I tried. Not even the copious amounts of Oh! Please, master! Fuck me, master!!!! could make this more enjoyable for me. Well, okay it was enjoyable for a minute until the self lubing butt hole mentioned above. Nope.
BWT (Belen)
Sexy AU

Sweet, super sexy, low angst alternate universe master/slave mpreg romance.

A surprisingly sweet novella when you consider that one of the main characters is genetically bred and modified to be able to carry children and purchased as a slave.

But it really was quite sweet. Edward does all that is within his power to elevate Percy to a secure position of consort to ensure he, and their children, will be cared for and protected even if something happens to Edward.

I liked the dual POV, the int
Janie
Jul 06, 2018 marked it as dnf-for-now-maybe-later
I was reading this and really loving it but then I realized this series is not complete. The last book published was 2015. I don’t want to get invested in these characters and not be able to know the conclusion.
Jenni Lea
Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute

This was cute. A little too much sex, maybe, and it could use a good editing but, it was cute nonetheless.
Makhda
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Makhda by: Didi

The prince doesn't want a wife but he wants an heir. Although he has 2 older brothers so it's not much an obligation. So, he decided to take a breeder(slave?). He certainly didn't expect to fall in love with the breeder.

The Prince is so attentive and passionate towards Percy. I love seeing that. It was sweet. But... I don't really like slow paced book. Sometimes the writing felt dragged. I rounded up because I really liked the story. :)
Arch Bala
OMG. You guys don’t know how much I loved this book! It’s just all kinds of awesome! The story! The concept! The dialogues! The sexy times between Edward and Percy! Ugh. Just so good. I didn’t think I’d love an MPREG story this much! I loved the mixed up of old royal tradition with all the modern stuff! I loved Percy’s sweet innocence and I loved Edward’s brother Mason!

What a super awesome read!!!!
Hayley ☾ (TheVillainousReader)
Chan and I have decided that we can't be true M/M connoisseurs if we don't dabble in mpreg. We just want to be well-rounded, you know? I also just HAVE to know how they are going about this whole male pregnancy thing. The sperm goes through the butt.. and then what? Where does the baby come out?! The urethra? Butthole? I need answers! ...more
⚣Michaelle⚣
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Oh hey, surprise! I picked this book at random after seeing it on someone else's feed and I'm so very glad I did.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, was holding my interest last night...until I started reading this. Instantly I was intrigued by the setting, the world-building was pretty tight (not much different than now other than the genetic manipulation, but the detail on that was top-notch) and it was easy to like the characters. And the sex, holy cow! Hot stuff there, but it also packed an
~Volha~
I loved this book! It was not overly long and ended on cliffhanger and it just whetted my appetite! I love the whole concept of a royal prince falling in love with his slave/breeder. The whole idea of DNA modification is unusual. I loved Percy and how he was - curious, fascinated by everything, shy but slightly coming out of his shell in the end.

Prince Edward was a nice surprise. The way he accepted Percy and treated him with decency when breeders are considered less than human made me view him
Lila Hunter
I might sound shallow, but I loved this book. The story line was simple, and the characters suffered of a strong case of insta-love, but overall it worked. The author did a great job creating interesting characters and building a credible alternate universe around them. The MCs relationship is reminiscent of a typical Alpha/Omega relationship, but the situations they were involved with were pretty much normal, even with one of them being Royal.

The book can even be read as a stand-alone without
Eleeze
I couldn’t, too many adjectives and I was hoping Percy would have some personality, a bit of sass. But nope. 😑
~Mindy Lynn~
AMAZON FREEBIE 8/12/17
haletostilinski

I liked this. I enjoy mpreg, so if a story can be written well with mpreg, I'm very happy with it. This also has a master/slave type of relationship going on because "breeders" as they are called in this are meant to basically just be objects with a hole that can carry a child to term and then be discarded, basically, once the child is born. And Percy calls Edward 'master' for a majority of this and still thinks it in his head sometimes when Edward - finally - asks Percy to call him Ed
Adrienne -kocham czytać-
Okay, the reason I loved this so much, was constantly petting my kindle and making cooing noises, is how beautifully sweet and genuine this story is. I never for a second doubted Percy or Edward.

Percy, in his sheltered, earnest innocence, captured my heart and brought my protective nature out roaring. I cannot wait to see him with the kiddo! Hope I get pages of that!

And, EDWARD! Once in a blue moon (I think this is only the second time) I run into a character that, if I could master magic, woul
Tess
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
** 3.5 Stars **
Diverse
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

I got The Prince’s Consort for free on Amazon one day. I adore Revella Hawthorne as a person and I so much wanted to read her work. This seemed like the perfect opportunity. Of course time got away from and obligations took the forefront. FINALLY, I saw it on my kindle and said, “I have to read this.” And so I finally did…. And it was wonderful.

I haven’t read many MPreg stories. The ones I’ve read are all shifter books I believe. This one is so very unique. Edward is a Prince. I know,
Aղցela W.
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty good read.When Prince Edward of Cassian Dynasty decides to take a mate he wants to sire heirs. The Prince has no desire for women he's gay he goes to Heritage Breeders to purchase genetically designed male he gets more than he thought. Percy is the result of a master DNA architect designing himself his own personal slave and breeder. Yet when his creator and Master dies, leaving Percy alone at the mercy of the callous stable masters and the new owner of Heritage, he fears his f ...more
Rachel Emily
So...I'm a huge sucker for mpreg and any sort of...unusual...but still hot sex haha and this was just excellent! It's set in a world that is similar to ours as far as technology, cars, and so on, but there are different cities and royalty. This was all sorts of hotness, sweetness, with this sort of reverse knotting? (No clue what else to call it haha) and building intrigue as far as why the king was acting the way he was, and also why Percy's owner acted the way he did. I loved Edward and Percy ...more
Cadiva
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Interesting first book looks at an alternative culture

There were parts of this first book in the Bred for Love series that I really liked and other bits which perhaps will get more explanation as it goes on.

Edward is coming across as a true prince, kind and thoughtful and determined to protect his new breeding partner. Percy is super sweet, eager to please and fulfil his purpose.

There's an alternative reality which mixes elements of the feudal system with ultra high tech genetic engineering whic
Teri
I liked this. I honestly thought there would be more angst. There were several opening for there to be big problems, but it was actually pretty low key. It was very sweet. BOth Prince Edward and Percy were likable and adorable together. There wasn't too much depth, I mean the whole thing takes place over a week, but it was cute and I liked it. I am curious about a few things though (view spoiler) ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Wolves of Black Pine  (The Wolfkin Saga #1)
  • Mate of the Tyger Prince (Mate of the Tyger Prince #1)
  • Wolf of the Northern Star (The Wolfkin Saga #2)
  • Changed: Mated to the Alien Alpha (The Omega Colony, #1)
  • The Necromancer's Reckoning (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #3)
  • Knight's Fire (Scales of Honor #1)
  • Taken (The Harvest #1)
  • King's Conquest (Mending the Rift #1)
  • The Necromancer's Dilemma (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #2)
  • The Emperor's Wolf
  • Obsession of the Egoist (Egoist #2)
  • The Vampire's Omega (The Vampire's Omega, #1)
  • The Solstice Prince (Realms of Love, #1)
  • Betrothed (The Alpha Princes #1)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • Clutch (Forbidden Desires #1)
  • Their Bounty (Four Mercenaries, #1)
  • The Necromancer's Dance (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #1)
Pen name for author SJ Himes.

Find me on my SJ Himes profile or on Facebook and Twitter.

No more release dates until books are 100% done. I self-publish and trying to find a system that works for me has been trial and error.

I am active on Facebook and Twitter, @WriterSJHimes. Find me there for up to date and accurate release information.

Bred For Love 4 is NOT out and won't be out for a while. I wi

Bred for Love (4 books)
  • The King's Command (Bred For Love, #2)
  • A Royal Rebellion (Bred For Love, #3)
  • A Sovereign Vow (Bred For Love, #4)