Start by marking “Glitch In the Machine” as Want to Read:
Glitch In the Machine

Read Book

Glitch In the Machine

It’s 2025. The United States is in the shadow of a puppet government run by giant corporations, and the 99 percent live without rights or the protection of government regulations, fully at the mercy of the 1 percent. Among the most powerful entities are the pharmaceutical suppliers, the weapons manufacturers, and insurance companies, which rake in massive fortunes because ...more
Paperback, 1st, 446 pages
Published April 20th 2015 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Glitch In the Machine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glitch In the Machine

Brian Thomas
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have Amazon Prime so I was able to read this book free of charge. I read this author's first book for free too and, hey, sorry dude, but you are the one offering them up at no charge. You should try to get paid.
Firstly this is not the book I expected it would be. 'Dystopian' might not be the right category for this book. 'Action/thriller' comes to mind, with a touch of political satire. With that said, what struck me was how well written this book is; it is light years better than his first no
John Richardson
May 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
Glitch in the Machine
Edgar Swamp

As an avid reader of science fiction books I do tend to get myself more involved in the post apocalyptic and dystopian subsets of the genre – there is something fascinating about near future science fiction, like an excitement before a presentation or nerves before an interview. A feeling that this could actually happen accompanied with a sense of imminence. So as I read that “Glitch in the machine” was a dystopian novel set in the near future I got goose bumps an
Ann Andrews
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

There is lots to love about Glitch in the Machine by Edgar Swamp. I've always enjoyed satire, even if I'm not able to fully grasp the extent to which the author is speaking.

Floyd is both likable and detestable as he tries to navigate the world that he's just had his eyes opened to. I enjoyed watching him struggle to understand and make sense of all that was happening around him.

The present day application can easily be seen,
Jantine
May 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
I received a free Netgalley copy for my honest review, so honest I will be. I will start to admit that I already got a nasty feeling when I saw the writer giving his own book a five-star-review, because he thought it was so great. Right ... Honestly, it smelled like upping ratings to me.

This book got slightly better in the end, which made my rating one star higher than I initially thought when I almost gave up reading before I read half the book.

I do love dystopian scenario's, and this one had
Gina
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Swamp proves once again that he is a highly skilled writer. He has the ability to draw you in and keep you engaged, making it hard to put the book down.

I was excited to see the premise for this book, as I closely follow current politics. Living in Wisconsin under Gov. Scott Walker's rule, what's written in this book doesn't seem that far fetched, sadly. It's easy to see how this could be a reality should we let someone like Walker run the country.

As much as I enjoyed the book, I think Swamp coul
April Showers Bring Fungi From Yuggoth
Review: GLITCH IN THE MACHINE by Edgar Swamp

There exists Dystopia, and then there is DYSTOPIA.
The genre has always been a particular interest of mine, but generally although lives are miserable and society is seriously skewed, somehow, somewhere, hope remains, no matter how small. But a few Dystopian writers have looked deeply in the Abyss: Shirley Jackson's THE LOTTERY; Orwell's 1984; Goldman's LORD OF THE FLIES. Edgar Swamp's GLITCH IN THE MACHINE makes 1984 seem like a stroll in a sunny park,
Kat
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book. Swamp has created a believable dystopia of political and corporate greed run amok, and the simple fact is that it's not an entirely far-fetched future (which makes it all the more disturbing). Our protagonist, while being an entirely reprehensible fiend, somehow manages to garner our sympathy; your find yourself rooting for the SOB, and ultimately caring deeply for him. it takes serious writing chops to do something like that. The story was fast-paced, there was ac ...more
Edgar Swamp
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote
I took back my own four-star review and gave it five because it deserves it. Watch the video of my interview with World Finance; even though they ask if it is 'fear based scare-mongering" I admire them for their interest! Thanks Jenny! Also, take a look at the Kirkus review; apparently they understood what direction I was going in with this book and thought it was an intelligent, obscene, and astonishing read. Check it out here: https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-re...
Jerry Quint
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very well written. Very imaginative, very descriptive. Kept me turning pages. Exciting. A dire commentary on the current/future state of the health care/economic system. Sometimes shocking; makes you think and analyze. Pretty graphic at times - the writer does not hold back. I would give it 5 stars, but there are some typos and I didn't totally like the ending. But I liked it very much, and enjoyed reading it.
Julie
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
very good read
Linda Meyers
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is graphic (violence) but oh so creative and chilling and very well written. A page turner that is full of plenty of twists and well developed characters. Just when you think you have it figured out, the road takes a big turn and off you go. Its ideas on society, human nature and the battle between good and evil bring up many deep and thought provoking points. The character development is what makes this book come alive. There are many layers to the story to contemplate, even after you ...more
Carrie
Jun 07, 2015 marked it as to-read
I won this book from Goodreads First Reads. Review coming soon.
Susanne
Carol McMahon
Julie
Pam
May 10, 2015
Edgar Swamp's stories have appeared in Death Head Grin, Alienskin, Macabre Cadaver, and Urban Reinventors. He currently resides in San Diego, California. He is the author of The Gyre Mission: Journey to the *sshole of the World, a horror/environmental tale, and Glitch in the Machine, a dystopian political thriller. Read the Kirkus review here: https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-re...
Hi latest nov