Start by marking “Fighting For It” as Want to Read:
Fighting For It

Fighting For It (Ringside #1)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  87 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
The first in a sexy new series where the hard-hitters of Las Vegas’s Stamina boxing gym are K.O.-ed by the women they never saw coming...

After suffering a devastating loss during his last fight, heavyweight boxer Jack Brady’s whole career went down for the count. Now, his late manager’s daughter has inherited his contract and Jack is pleased to discover that the girl he fe
Kindle Edition
Published September 15th 2015 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about Fighting For It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fighting For It

Heather andrews
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
While working out Jack likes to get things going with his girl, "he wedged himself back between Daniella’s legs, laid on his back and stared straight up at her. “That’s okay. I don’t mind the view from this angle. I can see up your shorts.” Jack is a considerate man or he just doesn't want to let his woman out of his sight, “my space is your space.” He leaned to her. “Besides, I called a housekeeper before we left the cabin. I had the place all spruced up for you.” Dani isn't stupid she knows wh ...more
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
After a slow start, Fighting For It, progressed into a knock-out romance with two strong-willed characters, sizzling tension, and a fight for not only their heart's, but their honor.

After a heart-rendering loss in the ring, boxer Jack Brady, is numbing his pain through alcohol and women. His new manager, Daniella Chambers, has other plans for him though and is quick to knock him out of his self-imposed misery. Dani needs Jack to win his next fight or she will loose her late father's gym and her
Lori
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a great story from the very first page! When Daniella walked onto the scene, I was hooked. She grabbed my attention with her no nonsense bull calling attitude towards Jack. And she remained steadfast throughout the whole book, never becoming a pushover or cowering to her alpha lover. I loved that about her. So strong, so independent, confident in herself and what she wanted. Then there is Jack. He is a hottie, a little misguided in the beginning, but with Dani's help, finds the error of his ...more
Irene
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Fighting For It was a very good read.

The storyline was enjoyable and held my interest from start to finish.
The characters were believable and relatable, I loved seeing Daniella and Jack reacquaint and get through the hurt of the past and take the chance at love again.

Overall Fighting For It was a quick heartwarming read about second chance love with great supporting characters that I can't wait to read more about in the Ringside series.

description

Thank you to Netgalley and to PENGUIN GROUP Berkley,
Stephanie
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was an amazing read. It is so easy to like Jack and Danni, especially due to all of the problems they faced. I really liked the dynamics for their relationship because Jack was really sorry for pushing Danni away but still tried to put Danni before his own happiness. Danni was a woman who thrived in the combative world of boxing. She took the place that her late father left her and wouldn't back out even though the odds were against her. These two fight for the happiness of the other and th ...more
Amanda D.
I love sports romance and I was excited about reading about a boxer. I'm not sure I've read any contemporaries with a boxer hero just yet. However, I didn't fully believe the relationship between Daniella and Jack, and a good first half of the book was rather slow going. Though they had history and both were close to Dani's late father, their interactions lacked the tension I assumed would be there. Though they bickered at times, the chemistry felt forced and half-hearted. Not terrible, but I wa ...more
Donna
Sep 06, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm not sure how to review this book. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. I didn't feel the chemistry between Jack & Dani and with them having a past relationship, I just felt like I was missing something. I did like that the story was a boxing book, and the author was very knowledgeable on the subject and the training involved. I received this ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Mignon Mykel
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sport, series
Received a copy of the title in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 / 5 stars

This was an enjoyable fighting story. Jack and Dani's chemistry was wonderful and you could always feel the underlying past they shared -- even beyond Dani's correcting Jack of the shortened form of Daniella (but she would always be Dani to him). Definitely an easy read with realistic dialogue, and with side characters I didn't mind reading about. Can't wait to continue this series!
Beverly
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jack is one of my new all time favorite book boyfriends! I love and respect Daniella as a lead heroine the two of them together is wow awesome! This being the first of what will be a promising new series Jennifer Fusco is now officially an auto buy author. If you haven't read this book pick it up its awesome the characters feel real and you will just love Jack and Daniella !
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I had a rough time with “Fighting For It” in the beginning. I kept pushing through and was finally able to get into the whole story of Jack and Daniella. I think that the problem I originally had was that I didn’t understand the relationship, didn’t understand how they would fit together as a couple. I didn’t feel the chemistry come off of the pages. But, eventually it did make sense and I did feel a smidgen of the sense that they belonged to
Sharon Xuereb
Fighting for it, is a story of a boxer who's trainer has just died. He is still suffering from his most recent defeat, and the re-emergence of his first love, and his trainer's daughter, back into his life. It's story of hope, determination and the will to win.

Our main characters are Jack and Daniella. Jack being our boxer and Daniella being the daughter of his trainer and is his long-lost love from his youth. Daniella is back from California as she's inherited her father's gym – Stamina, and is
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
Fighting For It is the first novel in a new boxing series set in Las Vegas by Jennifer Fusco. I'm really on the fence with this novel for more than once reason. I'll explain that a bit further in though. In particular, Fighting For It can be read as a stand alone, it does have an HEA and it's written in dual first person point-of-view.

Going into this book, I had pretty high hopes. I was excited to read about a boxer as opposed to an MMA fighter because when you come across something that is in t
Kelly at
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .

NUMBER OF HEARTS: 4 1/2
First: Congrats to Jennifer on her debut contemporary novel. And second: Thank you for Jack and Daniella. I had the honor of reading this book early and let me just say that I loved these two!!!!
Jack Brady was an up and coming boxing star. But Jack played life a little too fast and way too loose one too many times. But sometimes when you are at your lowest point all you need is someone to open the curtain and kick your but
Gretchen  (About That Story)
Overall I liked this and thought it was a good story. It had a great start and grabbed me from the beginning. I thought the writing was really good and I liked Jack and Dani. There was a decent build but it did feel fast paced in parts. I liked where the story was going, it was really interesting and I liked everything that was being laid out, I thought it had a really nice development.

The second half was harder for me. Sometimes I got Jack and Dani's connection, sometimes I didn't, they started
Amy ~ Love At 1st Read
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's A Knockout! Jennifer Fusco comes out swinging with the first book in her Ringside series. Having lost his last fight, Jack Brady's career and personal life seem to be on the ropes. Enter Danni, his late manager's daughter and his new boss. Danni is determined to get her father's gym and Jack back in fighting shape. Her secluded lake house, far from the distraction of Vegas, is the perfect place to train. And the perfect place to rekindle old feelings. I was pulled in to this excellent story ...more
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
To be honest I was so pumped up to start this book after watching Southpaw. Fighting For It is about a boxer, Jack, and the daughter of his late manager, Daniella. Daniella soon becomes his new manager and starts to train him again. The whole book was so great to read and it held a sort of punch *pun inteded* to your heart. This had fire and it was BURNIIIIING. I adored every minute I spent reading this book. I recommend anyone who likes readin sports romances, this babe is for you.

*Review soon
Shawn
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
Great new series! This is the first book in the new Ringside series and I am already anxiously waiting for the second one!

If you love sports romances you will love this book! Jack and Dani are easy to fall in love with and their story is one that makes you want to keep reading!Jack is a boxer trying to make a comeback to save the gym that Dani just inherited. They already have a past and they are about to heat up again both in the ring and out of it!
The Book Harbor Reviews
Writing: Great
Level of Violence: Mild to Explicit, MMA Fighting
Sexual Content: New Adult, Explicit
Thoughts;
I thought the book overall was great. I enjoyed the storyline. I like the story. I didn't find anything too bad that made me hate it. Which is good. I liked it!
Ramblinbrown
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*Received an ARC through NetGalley

Dani and Jack have chemistry that leaps off the page and straight into your heart. It was so refreshing to read about boxing and not MMA! I felt that I learned a great deal about the sport while falling in love with Dani and Jack. I am hopeful that the other guys in the gym are given their own stories and can not wait to see where Fusco may take them.
Jessica Robinson
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book and I can't wait to read more by this author. The story quickly sucked me in and I couldn't wait to see how Jack was going to handle what Daniella threw at him. The sexual tension and chemistry between the characters was off the charts and I just couldn't put this book down once I started reading it.
Tricia
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I believe this was Jennifer's debut book and she did a great job! The characters were all fantastic and pulled you in. The overall story was intriguing and kept your attention. The fall from grace and picking yourself back up is always hard but Jack did it tenfold.
Kelli  Howard
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Champ.....

I received this copy free for my honest review. This is a great book with lots of determination and heart. There is also some heartache, but all great books have both. I am definitely glad I got this one, it was so worth it.
Kathy Amadio
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT! I was sucked quickly into the story and felt like I was ringside rooting for Jack and Daniella. The attraction was HOT and story kept a nice pace. I lost sleep over this book due to my need to finish reading it and see how it ended. I'm already looking forward to the next book.
Karmen
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review on release day.
Katie
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Won a copy of this from the fabulous Jennifer Fusco. I've not really read a fighters story before and I was impressed. Jack and Dani meshed well and second chances and HEAs just do it for me :)
Crystal
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
A promising new series.
Amy
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy a second chance romance. Lots of things happened in this book that will affect the future of Stamina, and I’m curious to see how the series continues.
Sara Boquera
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5
Kristal
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! This is an excellent debut novel. The story line and characters keep you hooked. I can't wait to see what the next book in the series brings.
Maribel (Owl Always Be Reading) Williams
Fighting for it is the first book in the Ringside series from author Jennifer Fusco. The story takes place in a Los Vegas boxing gym called Stamina. Jack Brady and Daniella Chambers have a history that dates back to when they were children. However, the history did not end well and it seems that Jack and Dani have unfinished business to attend to. The story begins with Jack boxing under R.L. Chambers management which is run by Dani's late father. Left with the burden and pressure of making her f ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Breaking Her Rules (Beyond the Cage, #1)
  • Visibly Broken
  • After the Hurt
  • Rewarded (Torn Between Two Lovers #3)
  • Long For Me (Secrets & Shadows, #0.7)
  • Teach Me (Southern Nights, #1)
  • Served Cold (Best Revenge, #1)
  • Beyond The Cage
  • Fighting To Start (Fighting Madly, #1)
  • Love Tap
  • Ground & Pound
  • Jude (Cocky Cage Fighter, #2)
  • Make You Mine (Dumont Bachelors, #1)
  • Turn Up the Heat (Pine Mountain, #1)
  • Whatever It Takes (Morgan Family, #2)
  • His Lady Godiva (Lovers and Other Strangers, #1)
  • Take a Chance on Me (Something New, #1)
  • Pas de Deux (Cross and Pointe #1)

Ringside (3 books)
  • Going the Distance
  • The Hardest Hit

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be