Start by marking “Ava's Wishes (Whispered Wishes, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ava's Wishes (Whispered Wishes, #1)

Ava's Wishes

(Whispered Wishes #1)

Ava Haines has big plans for her life. Her short-term goals include passing statistics (on the third try), graduating college on time, and securing a job in the art gallery on Main Street. Her long-term goal is to one day own an art gallery of her very own. Oh sure, she would some day like to fall in love and get married, but all of that is secondary to making sure her oth ...more
Published April 17th 2015 by Grand Daisy Press (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Ava's Wishes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ava's Wishes

Start your review of Ava's Wishes (Whispered Wishes, #1)
Kyjuliano
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I was given an ARC of both the originally published version and this one for an honest review. I was introduced to Karen's work by a friend who recommended Pie and Other Brillant Ideas, I loved that book and was excited to read her new series. When I read the first version I was a little shocked because it didn't seem like the same author had written both books. I was delighted to read this new version, Karen put a lot of work into editing the original story and for me it was well worth it. I wa ...more
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

Ms.Pokras does an excellent job of introducing both romantic lead possibilities without shadowing which will be the winner of her heart, or which one intends to bring her harm.

Read full review in the 2014 November issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Lissette
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ava Haines has her whole life already mapped out ahead of her. She knows what she wants and how she wants it. She just needs to get from point A to point B somehow. To do that, she'll first need to pass her Statistics class. This is her third time around for the class, and she's hell-bent in getting it done. Doing that, however, is going to take some doing.

Determined to learn what she needs to learn fast, Ava puts her trust in her tutor. Granted, things don't go so well, but she refuses to give
Candice
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once in a while an author writes a cross-genre from their norm. Typically I don't tend to follow, depends on the book, but something told me Ava's Wishes would be an excellent start to a fantastic new series from the truly talented author, Karen Pokras Toz!

Pokras does an incredible job at letting us get to know Ava, the main character-a college student just looking to have some fun on the crazy path to college graduation. You certainly relate to Ava, or wish you could've been Ava...to a degree!
Jane
Jun 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3
Ava, an art major with aspirations of owning her own gallery is struggling with the compulsory statistics class she needs to pass in order to graduate. When her tutor dumps her at the last minute she has no option but to work with Max a fellow student, who also happens to be the nude model from one of her figure drawing classes. Ava’s normally quiet social calendar becomes full when she meets Thomas, the artist who is showing his work in the Gallery she interns at, and he invites her out for din ...more
Krazybooklady
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All Ava was worried about was passing her statistics class so that she could graduate and get a job. She wasn't looking for a relationship. But life had other plans for Ava because suddenly there are two men in her life. While I had a feeling early on that something was just not quite right with one of them, I was completely shocked at the plot twist. Sometimes things are not what they appear to be.

Ava's Wishes is an excellent first book in a new series, Whispered Wishes. Karen Pokras, who has
Alicia Marietta
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's no lie, I'm just not a chick lit kinda gal. While this is a brand new series from award-winning Karen Pokras, this is her second contemporary romance novel and I LOVE IT!

Karen has done a fantastic job with character building, a blindsiding plot twist that will knock you right off your seat. While the time span of the book is not wide, Ava matures so much while taking each hit - good and bad - in stride in hopes to make all her wishes come true. Is that even possible?
Cathleen
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun and entertaining romance

This is such a cute romantic romp about young adults meeting, going separate ways. then reconnecting and discovering true love.

I really enjoyed reading "Ava's Wishes" and highly recommend to all the romance readers out there.
Karen
Dec 11, 2014
Shelley
May 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: guest
Author's guest post at my blog:
Anisa
May 22, 2015
Barb
Oct 31, 2020
Jennifer Cook
Dec 31, 2014
Karen Pokras is a writer, daisy lover, and occasional baker who will definitely begin playing the piano tomorrow. Always an avid reader, Karen found her passion for writing later in life and now runs all of her stories past the furry ears of her two feline editorial assistants before anyone else. A numbers geek at heart, she enjoys a good spreadsheet almost as much as she loves storytelling. Karen ...more

Whispered Wishes (4 books)
  • Holly's Wishes (Whispered Wishes, #2)
  • Tessa's Wishes (Whispered Wishes, #3)
  • Woven Wishes (Whispered Wishes Book 4)

News & Interviews

October has arrived, and this month’s batch of incoming titles features some big names, some much-anticipated sequels, and several exotic...