Start by marking “Saving Evangeline” as Want to Read:
Saving Evangeline

Saving Evangeline

Evangeline is the town pariah. Everyone knows she’s crazy and was responsible for the death of her last boyfriend. Even her mother left her and moved cross-country. Lonely and desperate, Evie decides to end her life.

Rogue angel Remiel longs to return to earth, but there’s just one problem. He tends to invite trouble and hasn’t been allowed back since Woodstock. The Boss se
Published May 26th 2015 by Omnific Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Saving Evangeline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Evangeline

Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
description

‘Everyone knows I’m a sinner of the worst kind.’

It’s no secret we love our Angels, especially the naughty rogue ones. It’s also no secret that sometimes a book can sit on your kindle for a while and you kick yourself for not reading it sooner because it was THAT GOOD! Saving Evangeline is just that book. Wow how we loved this story, we can’t even explain the joy we felt whilst reading it despite some of the more sensitive emotional themes like depression and grief. Reading Saving Evangeline took
Jennifer Lane
Who's Saving Who?

Evangeline is a young woman on the edge. She thinks she's crazy due to her visions of dead people, like her father and ex-boyfriend, and she's mired in depression. When she's about to jump off a bridge to commit suicide, a priest materializes to talk her down.

Remi isn't your average priest. For one, he's hawt. Smokin' hot. Literally--he smokes throughout the novel. He's also an angel, unbeknownst to Evangeline. God sent him to save her soul. Too bad she's so darn charming that h
Beverly

ferris wheel photo: Ferris Wheel FerrisWheel.gif

Forgive me father for I have sinned. Oh yes. I regret nothing. Well I do regret one thing, the time it took me to buy it and read it. One advice. Buy it NOW. Read it. Love it. Live it! You won't regret!
 photo tumblr_me72e54Krb1qcruu2o1_500_zpsu0j9lbn4.gif

photo tumblr_n0mz2fMvnb1sp9kdto1_500_zps6d3a1df0.gif

Back to "Saving Evangeline", This is a masterpiece. I loved everything about it from beginning to
Michel Reinhard (Smut Book Junkie Reviews)
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg

SBJ2015Favorite

***** 6 Star Review ****
Wow! Nancee Cain has made an outstanding debut with Saving Evangeline ! This book has everything that readers look for in a book. This book celebrates the human spirit. It celebrates the gift of life, the gift of choice, and the beauty of love in all forms. It is also loaded with humor and witty dialogue. I laughed my butt off and cried my heart out. I swooned with the passion and felt warm & fuzzy with each hug. This book touched me in so many ways. When a book does
Christine Glover
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I usually don't read paranormal romances, but in this case I was intrigued by the author's premise. An angel sent to earth for disciplinary reasons to save a suicidal heroine who has the sight? Remiel's got to show Evangeline that she has every reason to live and not leave this world despite her crazy behavior and self-destructive tendencies. Meanwhile, Remiel's not your typical angel and the Big Boss has made him a priest. So when sparks fly between the two of these flawed individuals, it's ver ...more
Stephanie
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a very original story. I would not recommend it to anyone who has a strong Christian faith. I like the snarky comments, but I felt like it was insta-love. I wasn't sure how they had a connection so quickly like that. I also would have liked a more thorough ending.... Like what happened....

But the story was cute, and I liked the characters. I give it a 4 for originality. ♡

I really disliked how this was written because I was unsure at times who was speaking... but maybe that's me.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
description

‘Everyone knows I’m a sinner of the worst kind.’

Roya
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, sexy and sassy. Not your typical romance, which is what I loved about it! Remi is a sexy loveable hero unlike any I've ever seen in a romance. I enjoyed the fun banter and the tender scenes. Beautiful HEA ending.
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
Review posted at: https://beautyandthebeastlybooks.word...

I found Saving Evangeline on Amazon after clicking another book and I couldn’t get it out of my head. I was immediately drawn to its cover and I LOVE stories about angels. But if you don’t read paranormal-kind of books you will still like it too. Nancee Cain’s writing style and brilliantly fresh sense of humor will DEFINITELY get to you!

Saving Evangeline is a BEAUTIFUL story! I wouldn’t really call it paranormal, but then how would we cal
Carol Oates
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing

This review has been a long, long time coming. I read this back in June but because of other commitments and taking a step back from writing for the summer, I haven't been blogging much. My apologies to Naccee Cain for the long delay in sharing my love of this stand out debut novel.

Who over a certain age doesn't remember the allure and drama of The Thorn Birds, both the mini series and the book, and the captivating intrigue of the priest torn between his love of God and his love of a woman?

Fath
MJ Symmonds
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Strange as it may be I want to start at the end. I loved the epilogue of this book. A lot of books will leave you hanging and to imagine what you think the ending or HEA will be in the book. Not this one. Nancee Cain gives you the most amazing ending.

Evangeline is a very tortured soul.
"With a frustrated sigh, I lower my foot and drag my gaze from the murky, dark water that beckons me with its sitren's song"

Remiel (Remi)is a rogue angel who is sent to earth in the guise of a priest to Save Evang
Carrie
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Saving Evangeline was recommended by a friend, knowing it wasn't a book I'd normally choose to read. It's written in first person, present time - not my favorite style. And it's a paranormal romance. I can't remember the last time I read a romance, paranormal or not. I passed on 50 Shades and have many books on my Kindle I can't make myself finish. However, I have to say Saving Evangeline drew me in from the beginning.

Remi's a "rogue angel" sent by God on a special salvation mission. Evangeline
M.V. Freeman
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing

In this story we meet Remial(Remi)--an angel with a rebellious and large carnal streak who is sent to save Evangeline (Evie), a woman bent on suicide. The attraction and combustion of personalities is immediate---the catch? He shows up as a priest.

One of the things I love about this author's writing is the emotion--and the grit. Evie is struggling with the darkness of past choices and depression; Remi chafes under the constrictions of "perfection" in heaven. The ending is unexpected; but works
Winter Sophia Rose
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Intense, Sexy, Sweet, Funny, Heartfelt & Unique! An Outstanding Read! I Loved It!
Linda
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Evangeline is at her roads end, when her guardian angel steps in. Can he help her find her way again, and without losing himself to her? Will Evangeline believe him or just see him as a figment of her imagination?
Angels, emotions and fluffy smut in a great combo.
The epilogue had me in tears. Happy ones =) .
Nancee Cain
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A rogue angel bored with eternity is sent to earth to save a suicidal girl. Not a problem, right? Wrong. He has to do it disguised as a priest. Throw in a road trip from hell and you have a paranormal, sexy twist of It's a Wonderful Life!
Danielle Harris
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Read!

I'm so glad to have meet this author and get the chance to read her work. I seriously loved this book. Evie is fighting her demons in her past loosing her father and Jack. Remi the Priest is trying to save her. I recommend this book to everyone!
Lisa
Absolutely Love it!

I really loved this story, saying that I adore Angels has a lot to do with it, but witty, funny, sarcastic gorgeous angels just tops the cake! I have to be honest I did not know what to expect from this book, I saw it on another Authors website to read and dove into it. I also don't read much paranormal books other then angels.

This book is mostly about a women who has lost the will to live, caused by the unfortunate mishaps in her life and feels responsible for them all, and a
A little birdie told me...
I give this three-and-a-half stars. Why? Much belief needed to be suspended reading this novel. I like the thought of heavenly creatures showing human characteristics and suffering the same temptations as earthly creatures. I also like the thought of God embracing technology and using it to direct angels on missions. All of that really wasn't what was unbelievable.

It was the insta-love. I'm not an insta-love hater, but this one didn't make much sense. I didn't quite get their connection... like
Vickie Weeks
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Evangeline is desperately looking for a way out! Lonely and depressed, she has decided to end her life once and for all. She has had enough of the people in her town blaming her for everything! Remiel, a rogue angel has been sent to help her. He sees a lone shadow of a young girl on a bridge. He somehow talks her down and offers her a ride. After much deliberation she accepts and the journey begins. It turns into a cross country trip that will change her life forever. A forbidden love develops b ...more
Kat Loves
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god! I was blessed enough to receive a copy of this book as an ARC and I gotta say it was so beautiful.

Evangeline or crazy girl as she is mostly called, thinks she is crazy and want to die. She is attempting to kill herself when Remi, a dashing young priest stops her. Remi is in a mission to help Evie realise that life is worth living.

Remi is no ordinary priest though, he is actually an angel sent from heaven to help Evie on the right path.

These two have an amazing journey together and
Kim
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An Unconventional Love Story

When bad boy Angel, Remiel, complains to the 'Boss' that he's bored in Heaven, he finds himself tossed down to earth. He has to pose as a priest to save twenty-one year old Evangeline, who suffers from what she thinks are mental illnesses and decides to commit suicide. The moment he lures her away from the bridge, a battle of the wills began. And they start to fall in love. This story is very well written. It's witty, funny and very sexy. I don't like spoilers and I u
Nicki Elson
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The emotion in this story is captivating. What starts as an impossible attraction grows into much more, and I fully felt the ache of yearning and restraint between these two engaging characters. The writing itself is beautiful. The story moves along at a nice pace - with plenty of genuinely funny moments to break up the angst - but the author effectively weaves in introspective moments to bring the reader more deeply into both Remy and Evangeline's minds.

Like I said, along with this beautiful l
Jovana Rodolakis
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Evie is hell bent on ending her life. Remi is heaven sent to save her.

Disguised as a priest, rouge angel Remi has to figure out a way to show Evangeline her life is worth living. She's been blessed, or cursed, with a special sense for people. That mixed with idea that she was somehow responsible for her boyfriends death, she has convinced herself she's crazy.

The story unfolds beautifully and keeps me wanting more yet doesn't just jump into bed. I love a good story that builds the chemistry and
Monica
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC copy of this book before it came out. I loved this book from beginning to end. The main characters Remi and Evie are so well written it’s hard not to love them. Evie is damaged by love and loss; Plagued by things that could never be. Remi is sent to teach her how to live again. By doing so he teaches her to “grab life by the balls.”

Honestly I never wanted the book to end. I couldn’t get enough of Remi and Evie’s story. This is the ultimate story of forbidden
Jill Odom
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's irreverent and edgy with a harty side of snark.
Cain's main characters are a far cry from perfect, which makes them perfect for each other. A rollercoaster roadtrip drags her hero & heroine through hell, before landing them in heaven--keeping her readers engaged and along for the ride. It's the ultimate, albeit least expected, happy-ever-after you'll pick up this summer.

Sherry
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This Romantic Paranormal with some comic relief included kept me entertained & interested from the very first page. A woman determined to end her life. A rogue angel unable to reveal his true identity. A trip cross-country that could save or damn both. This first story from Nancee Cain tells the tale of a damaged woman & the angel who is tasked with saving her.
Jessica Garcia
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
I love this book so much, it brought out a lot of emotions, crying, laughing, being aggravation! It was very well written and I think if you are into paranormal romance this is a must read! Thank you Nancee Cain for writing this wonderful book!
Elizabeth
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nancee Cain has created something beautiful with her first book. Remi and Evangeline are very well developed characters. You care what happens to them and so you stay up late to finish the book until you find out. I am currently re-reading it because I enjoyed it so much the first time!
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
My official review will post soon, but I will say Remi and Evie made me cry more than once as I read their love story. I found several moments deeply moving.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Jeweler
  • Bittersweet Seraphim (Seraphim, #2)
  • Spiked (Blocked, #3)
  • To Portland, with Love (The Story of Us, #3.5)
  • Divine Temptation
  • Seven For A Secret
  • More Than Us (More Than Water #1.2)
  • No Justice (Michael Sykora #1)
  • Breaking Faith (The JackholeS #1)
  • Hold Tight (The Embrace Series, #2)
  • Pleasures Untold (Hanaford Park, #2)
  • Sleepers, Awake
  • Convicted (Deadly Secrets #1)
  • Iridescent (Ember, #2)
  • Reckless Temptations (Temptations #4)
  • Caged (Bound by Cage, #1)
  • Only You (Second Chances #2)
  • Down & Dirty (Lightning, #1)
During the day, Nancee Cain works as a nurse/counselor in the field of addiction to support her coffee and reading habit. Nights are spent writing paranormal and contemporary romances with a serrated edge.

Authors are her rock stars, and she’s been known to stalk a few for an autograph, but not in a scary, Stephen King way. Her husband swears her To-Be-Read list qualifies her as a certifiable book
“Lying here with him, I realize love is so much more than silly words or actions. It is all encompassing and unfathomable until experienced. It is darkness intertwined with light, good with evil.” 16 likes
“Just for tonight, let's pretend I'm not a priest and you're not crazy. We're just two normal human beings having a good time. Just a man and a woman at a rip-off carnival, living in the moment.” 7 likes