Start by marking “God's Power to Change Your Life” as Want to Read:
God's Power to Change Your Life

God's Power to Change Your Life

What does it take to…Become more loving?Live more peacefully?Develop patience? Have self-control?“In the years I have been a pastor,” writes Rick Warren, “the number-one question I’m asked is, ‘Rick, why can’t I change?’” People want to change—but they’re stuck.Do you want to get unstuck? Here’s how.Drawing simple but powerful truths from the Bible, this book gives you pra ...more
Published September 19th 2006 by Zondervan (first published September 12th 2006)

Start your review of God's Power to Change Your Life
Talia Colley
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! This book is about the fruit of the spirit (love, peace, joy, faith, etc.) and how God uses circumstances in your life to help you become a better (more mature) person who exhibits these qualities. Warren give real practical advice on how to look at the challenges in your life from another perspective. Very helpful. The title is kind of deceiving and kind of not, for even though it seems like it's just a treatise on God's power, it is actually a practical book that shows you what you ...more
Lenita Sheridan
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How to Gain Spiritual Maturity

This book contains steps we need to follow in order to gain the character traits of the fruits of the spirit. The only problem is we don't find out until the end of the book that we can't get these traits on our own merit. They can only be acquired through the Holy Spirit. We cannot boast that we got these traits on our own and they can't be gotten through sheer will power. That is the reason the book is titled "God's Power to Change Your Life," because the characte
Wil Roese
Sep 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
If you are expecting the something as revolutionary as a Purpose Driven Life you will be disappointed, but if you are just looking for a good inspiring Christian book you will be pleased. The book is based on the fruits of the Spirit; love, joy, peace, gentleness... He gives a chapter for each of the fruits in which he gives steps to help incorporate each of the fruits in our life, while also clearly explaining that the fruit is a work of the Holy Spirit
SHIWAN
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read!

After reading several of his books it's very encouraging to know the way I was taught is the right way, and God has been leading me without me being aware of it. I'm truly thankful that God loves, a nobody like me, so much so he's leading me in the truth. Pastor Rick is a awesome man of God, and I like how he conduct God's house blessings to you pastor! Thanks for your wisdom.
Vicky Tice
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written and thought out, worth your time

This book is easy to read, encouraging, and well thought out. The author provides Biblical references and principals, as well as practical applications and questions for anyone seeking a deeper understanding and relationship with God.
Angela
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While I know that he is a very popular author, this is my first Rick Warren book, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's awesome to be reminded that with God's help, I can change my life. I don't need to wallow in self-pity, I'm empowered to make positive changes. This book gave me some intermediate targets to work on.
Angela Wimberly
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While I know that he is an extremely popular Christian author, this is my first Rick Warren book. And I loved it! It was very validating to know that with God's help, I can change my own life. No more whining, but praying. I thought Warren gave a lot of very practical ways that Christians can truly grow in God. I'm already working to put some of these to work in my own life.
Margy
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Easy read about the gifts of the Holy Spirit: love,joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness and self control. Not things we think about often enough....what a wonderful world it would be🎼
Wholee Healthy
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great motivation based on great qualities. The fruits of the spirit are an amazing base to focus on when making change! God has blessed Rick Warren has such a way of putting things that inspire and make you feel the desire to follow God with every breath you have left on this earth!
Mike Finton
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book brings the fruits of the spirit from Galations alive and makes them meaningful and practical. I am encouraged and delighted having read this that I can follow the example Paul sets forth from a life based much as Jesus lived and taught.
Sue Cawood
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
a book you read often
Tobi Nifesi
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great illustration on how the fruits of the spirit can help us to become more productive in life. Each fruit is so important to the manifestation of God's will and glory in our lives.
chan ying kit
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Systematic and insightful idea of personal growth

The principle, the approach and the explanation of why and how. Great book for anyone who want to be better.
Kathy Hassig
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book did give me a lot to think and pray about. It was also a very quick though not easy read.
Anita Bauman
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book!!

An in-depth study on the fruit of the Spirit and understanding how God develops it in you. I highly recommend this book.
Joseph
Dec 11, 2014 rated it liked it
God’s Power to Change Your Life is a helpful resource for bettering one’s life via a spiritual context, especially if one can get past all the rhyming and, at many times, trite presentation.

The headline-like affirmations on the surface seem silly. On one hand, they may act as a sort of shorthand for getting his simple message across. Thus, having a trite and sometimes clichéd title or prompt may make it is easier to synthesize the message into action, especially as the author gives a solid spiri
Sharon
Mar 31, 2009 rated it really liked it
I liked the contemporary examples Warren used to illustrate his points in the book. I haven't read a spiritual book since (okay, probably never) and I think this book gives a good overview of the steps you need to take if you want to change your life (be more joyful, peaceful, worry less and so forth) with God's Power. I only wish the author would have been more specific about bible study. Several times Warren recommends 15 minutes of daily bible study, but he doesn't tell the reader where to st ...more
Lisa
Apr 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book is about the fruits of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control). It's short and easy to read. Guess which fruits I need to work on most? Well, I'll help you out. I was really convicted by the need to work on gentleness and self-control, and in second place, I want to work more on patience and kindness. I love the practical advice on these topics.
Donna  Gray-Davis
People ask me when they come for counseling, how to find a purpose for their life, how to make choices now that their children have left their home, what is the life purpose for a guy when their lifelong job is over. And it's pretty difficult to assist someone to deeply understand. Their identity is more than they knew. It really helps to have a book by Rick Warren to hand the "reading ones", a book that is so true, so clear, that there was a time when it flew off bookstore shelves everywhere.
Jason
Jan 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
This was a simple but powerful read. Just makes you stop and think about why we are stuck sometimes wanting to change and yet we don't. What can you do to get through it? It also boils down many of the issues we resolve to work on every year and talks through those as well...patience, self-control, etc
Carrie
Jan 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This would be a good book to start the new year with. I read it as part of a women's Bible study. I really enjoyed it. It is a very powerful read. Very eye opening...I learned a lot about myself. I would recommend it to any Christian reader.
Kelsi
Jun 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a great Bible study book! It was slightly outdated and had a few errors in my copy, but I definitely picked up a lot from this book. It encouraged a lot of discussion between my group members and I'd read more study books by him.
Karen Painter
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!! I even read it to me 2 yr old daughter at bedtime until she would fall asleep then would go and read more for myself. I will be doing a full review soon. You can read that review and others at http://unbridledlifelessons.blogspot.com
Sep 13, 2009 rated it liked it
Seemed like a regular sermon, just extra long.
Nanette
Jan 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely wonderful book. I wish I could read it daily to keep his points very fresh in my mind. Potentially very life changing.
Chris
Apr 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
One of the most insightful books I have read in years. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who want to experience greater peace, happiness, and joy.
Holly
Apr 25, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: religious
I love the way Mr. Warren thinks. That said, I got much more out of his last book.
Lycielmae Mabalo
Jun 04, 2010 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best
God is the answer.. :)
Angela
Jun 24, 2010 added it
I loved this book! It helped me a lot when I was going through hard moments.
Linda
Jul 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Based on the fruits of the spirit. Would make a great Bible study book

• Battlefield Of The Mind: Winning The Battle In Your Mind
  • Become a Better You: 7 Keys to Improving Your Life Every Day
  • Reposition Yourself: Living Life Without Limits
  • The Power of a Praying Woman
  • Your Best Life Now: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential
  • Harvard Hottie
  • Valentine's Date Disaster (Santa's Girl #2)
  • The Ugly Duckling (The Ugly Duckling, #1)
  • Santa Crush (Santa's Girl, #1)
  • The Time Traveler's Boyfriend
  • (Almost) Happily Ever After (The Ugly Duckling, #2)
  • The Boy Next Door
  • Forget You!: A Romantic Comedy
  • El Sapito Solitario
  • สาวใสตัวดีกับหนุ่มเกาหลีสุดฮอต 1
  • หนูนิดเด็กดีไม่ดื้อรั้น
  • Fliegender Stern
  • Leafit: The New Social Media Revolution (Social Media Mastery Book 1)
Richard Duane Warren.

As philanthropists, Rick and Kay Warren give away 90 percent of their income through three foundations: Acts of Mercy, which serves those infected and affected by AIDS; Equipping the Church, which trains church leaders in developing countries; and The Global PEACE Fund, which fights poverty, disease, and illiteracy.

News & Interviews

“If you are serious about changing your life, you are going to have to get into the Bible.” 3 likes
“The first step in change is usually discomfort!” 0 likes