Start by marking “Wishes for Christmas” as Want to Read:
Wishes for Christmas

Wishes for Christmas

(Sisterhood #26.5)

New York Times bestselling author Fern Michaels brings together the beloved heroines from two celebrated series—the Sisterhood and the Godmothers—for a holiday to remember…This Christmas, instead of finding and punishing bad guys, all Maggie Spritzer wants is to bring a little more joy to the world—especially to a beloved teacher from her past. And as the Sisterhood unite ...more
Published October 27th 2015 by Zebra (first published July 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Wishes for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wishes for Christmas

Start your review of Wishes for Christmas
Katherina | Bookocraze
Review originally posted on Book-o-Craze, on a Tour organized by Tasty Book Tours!

This year I hadn't really managed to feel all the Christmas hype, with the season's glow not as apparent to me as previously. And, it might sound like it is a bit soon for the Christmas joy to start, but for me that was never the case up until last year!

All this, before I read Wishes for Christmas, though.

Fern Michaels made the holidays seem a little more festive this year, through her three short stories included
Tammie Tackett
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
I loved it but when it got to chapter 40 then it went down hill for me.
Lynn Brooks
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is broken into 3 parts. They each tell their own story, but there is some connection of characters along the way. I found the first part to be hard to follow, but the 2nd two parts were good and had a nice story to each of them.

And the Angels Sing
This part of the book isn't exactly easy to follow. I think there's a lot of backstory in previous books about a Sisterhood, that probably have you knowing about each character, but in this particular one, they are a group of middle aged to ol
Julie
Wishes for Christmas by Fern Michaels is a 2015 Zebra publication

I enjoy Fern Michaels Sisterhood series but because I was very slow in getting started on it, I have only managed to read a handful of them, but do try to squeeze one into my reading schedule whenever I can. But the Godmothers series is one I am completely unfamiliar with. Sometimes that doesn’t really matter, but in this case it presented a bit of a dilemma.

The story is broken down into three parts, with a connection between stor
Julie Barrett
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wishes for Christmas by Fern Michaels
Have enjoyed other works by this author. Combination of the sisterhood and godmother series.
Three Christmases
Starts out with the women gathering at Halloween time and they break the rules-talking business with eating.
The money from Maggie's husbands insurance upon his death she wants to give away to others so they can hear the angels sing. She wants to right a wrong from years gone by.
Loved hearing of past holidays and ornaments made. Love how they get clues
Kim
Oct 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, net-galley, n, kindle
A delightful start to your festive reading- a collection of three short stories from Fern Michaels. They include characters from her book series so you feel you are catching up with friends.
In the first book the Sisterhood help Maggie fulfil a Christmas wish to make someone’s life better over Christmas. This was my favourite of the three stories. The second story features The Godmothers where they open their houses for Winter viewings and uncover a mystery and the final story features both.
As it
Kim
Jan 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
Truly dreadful. Perhaps if I'd read the series that these characters are obviously a part of, I'd not be so lost, but I don't think that I could force myself to do so. Hackneyed writing, no character development at all and the most abrupt and unexplained endings I've ever seen. Thank goodness that this was a gift and I didn't pay good $$$ for it.
S
Dec 18, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a good story for Christmas and a quick read. It was by no means a dynamic read nor was it something the reader starts and just can't put down, but it was interesting and entertaining for the season.
Shirlene
And The Angels Sing: Maggie had called her Sisters, known as The Vigilantes to others. They met the day before Halloween and discussed what to do with the insurance money from Maggie Spritzer's husband. Maggie wanted to do something for Christmas that would change someone's life. The Sisters all agreed and decided to keep their plans quiet and include their men. The next dinner was held a few days later at Nikki Quinn's home. They all agreed to donate money to create a fund that Dennis would ove ...more
Linda
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
This is my first introduction to the Sisterhood and the Godmothers. Not sure I like either group of ladies. Though they are out to do good for others they seem shallow most of the time and hateful sometimes. The stories often jump to endings without giving you all the information to get there.

Story 1: And the Angels Sing..........the Godmothers help find a beloved teacher so that a former student can bring Christmas joy into her life

Story 2: Naughty or Nice..........the Godmothers help to bring
UberApril
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-loan
And the Angels Sing
I have no idea what I just read. I mean I think these are millionaires that want to share their wealth. It appears they may have also stolen money from a bad person Angus Spyder and Robin Hoodish using it for good. I think they're from all walks of life. attorney, hacker, long haul driver, one young guy Dennis? Anyways the main story is one of group member they call themselves the Vigilantes want to correct an injustice from 25+ years ago. They find the former elementary schoo
Ashley
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: christmas
It's Christmas season so of course I read a Christmas book. Isn't that the thing to do at this time of year?

I'm not sure I was super fond of this book and I think it was because it was hard to get into. I recommend reading the other books connected to all the novellas in this series so you can know who the characters are and connect with them.

It was hard to do that with this since I hadn't.

Also the endings always seemed to happen so fast and sometimes out of nowhere that it was hard to believe h
Kassi
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
I don't like to give bad reviews but this one was tough. You really need to have read other books in the series to really know the people and what's going on. Each of the three stories was drug out forever then abruptly ended with the last chapter and epilogue. And I just couldn't relate to any of it. Rich, southern grandmothers might like the characters....
Kat
Dec 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I was a little overwhelmed by the number of characters that already seemed established, but that’s my fault for not having read the other books in this series. This had three short Christmas stories. The first two were about charity and giving, and the third was like a Hallmark Christmas movie, only shorter. Overall it was a cute, Christmassy read.
Sharon
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Three stories to satisfy you at this season, each different, yet each with a note of the spirit of the holiday. Both the Sisterhood and the Godmother stories are very enjoyable. The third story involves both in a mystery while the main story occurs without them. It was funny and warm with a delightful bit of bickering.
Marika Chunyk
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brings the godmothers and sisterhood together to make a great Christmas for others. Maggie wants to find a teacher she things she’s wronged. Friends work together to solve a couple mysteries and create a great Christmas.
Dorry Lou
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book had 2 stories in it with the same characters. The first one was about a woman wanting to find a school teacher she had years before to make amends to her. To give her a great Christmas.

The other one was about being a guest at Grove Place Inn.
Not my favorite book.
Karen
Jan 06, 2020 rated it liked it
This is three separate stories with a group of women and a few men with money. They want to help someone for the holiday you have a soldiers wife with three children
who works hard, are two of the stories. You have some poor editing. You need clarification as how they choose the handicapped teacher. But these stories are interesting. The problem is you needed to read the previous books to understand the characters. She could have started by describing the characters. I have read many of her books
Kathy
Tammy Smith
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book. Stories in the true spirit of Christmas.

Gail
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it
There are three different Christmas theme stories included in this book. I enjoyed the first one And the Angels Sing. Naughty or Nice and A Golden Tree I found them to be slow going.
Bev(baglady)
Di Schlenk
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
An eclectic mix of short Christmas stories
DJ
Jan 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
Boring, self-righteous and preachy. I usually only read romance in the short-story form and Christmas ones are my favorites- but these were not interesting in the least.
Bev Stegmann
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun read
Stacey Downs Smith
Love it!

Love it when when the Vigiallites and the Godmothers come together to make things right! Can't wait to read more!
Ginger Mcclintick
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not one of my favorites by this author but it was still good.
Kelly Durkee-erwin
May 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
The stories could have been good but didnt pull me in. Now I know why its taken so long to read.
Ginny
Nov 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the first two stories and thought the first one was the best. I loved seeing the ladies reach out and help the old teacher. I didn't get much out of the third story.
Karen
Dec 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
boring..
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Beloved Woman (Appalachian Journey Book 3)
  • Christmas in Silver Springs (Silver Springs, #6)
  • Moonfixer (Appalachian Journey Book 2)
  • The Fourteenth of September
  • Noel Street
  • The Christmas Thief
  • One Summer (Celebrity Magazine, #2)
  • The Unseen (Baudin & Dixon Trilogy #2)
  • Vanished (Baudin & Dixon Trilogy #1)
  • Christmas Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen #23)
  • The Christmas Star (Christmas Hope, #9)
  • Secret Star (Stars of Mithra, #3)
  • Wise Woman: Book 4 of the Appalachian Journey series
  • A Cedar Cove Christmas (Cedar Cove, #8.5)
  • A Highlander Christmas
  • The Farmer's Wife (Luchettis Brothers #1)
  • Beauchamp Hall
  • The Corner of Holly and Ivy (Harmony Harbor, #7)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I ...more

Sisterhood (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1)
  • Payback (Sisterhood, #2)
  • Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3)
  • The Jury (Sisterhood, #4)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)
  • Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)
  • Free Fall (Sisterhood, #7)
  • Hide and Seek (Sisterhood #8; Rules of the Game #1)
  • Hokus Pokus (Sisterhood #9; Rules of the Game #2)
  • Fast Track (Sisterhood #10; Rules of the Game #3)