Start by marking “Meditations on Intention and Being: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga, Mindfulness, and Compassion” as Want to Read:

Yoga has never been more popular. Throughout the United States, people are turning to this ancient practice as a response to the pressures of today’s hectic world.

In Meditations on Intention and Being, acclaimed yoga teacher Rolf Gates draws on twenty years of teaching experience to explore and explain how to take the mindfulness of yoga off the mat and integrate it int
Published December 8th 2015 by Anchor

To ask other readers questions about Meditations on Intention and Being, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meditations on Intention and Being

Elyse Walters
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Rolf Gates, has traveled around the world teaching and meeting thousands of people
interested in yoga.
I've personally had the pleasure to take a class from him myself... as he lives in Santa Cruz
With his wife and children.
As a yoga teacher for many years- it became clear to him as he listened to the ever-changing
needs of his students...that the initial phase in adoption of yoga by mainstream -
primarily a physical practice in Western Culture- that people are looking for something deeper.

Rolf
Annie
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Year's Daily Inspirational Read
ends with the perfect New Year's Wish:
"May you be safe, may you be healthy, may you be happy, may you find your freedom, may you know peace, and may you walk through the world with ease."
#namaste 💖💕
Kate
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful book that provides clarity and peace. This book has 365 readings so it can be read little by little but it also provides a blast of inspiration if you read it straight through. Will be a guide and reference for life.
GONZA
Sep 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Book that collects the short meditations to be read every day throughout the year to reflect, with the help of yoga intended more as a form of philosophy thank one of gymnastics, on how we can become better people. Interesting but read everything below is rather boring, so I recommend you really read a meditation a day.

Libro che raccoglie delle brevi meditazioni da leggersi ogni giorno per tutto l'anno per riflettere, con l'aiuto della yoga inteso piú come forma di filosofia che di ginnastica, s
Olivia
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the 2nd of Gates' daily read books I've read, mostly each day. While I connected with a good hunk of it, I felt a bit disappointed at my lack of connection with what seemed like the last month or so of readings. Perhaps if I pick this up years later I'll feel differently. Overall I do recommend this if you're into mindfulness and like the idea of a little daily read thing.
AJ Dreadfulwater
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A daily reader...highly recommend in regards to Eastern philosophy, journaling, daily thought and intention practice. Mindfulness from behind the veil of well-know author, speaker and yoga teacher, Rolf Gates. Great book.
Cherie
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Some sections I loved, many I found too self-indulgent. These are the collections of his talks before his yoga classes. I appreciate his brutal honesty at times - will be helpful to others.
Chris
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful, inspiring book to follow Meditations from the Mat. Was blessed enough to take a weekend with Rolf Gates and am so happy to keep his wisdom close in his books.
Susan
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
The author has had an interesting life. I just couldn't relate to what he had to share about meditation or yoga.
Melissa
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, buddhism, ebooks
This is a book filled with short meditations to read over the course of a year. They aren't dated, so you could start any time.

The author has the meditations grouped into sections like "mindfulness" and "nonviolence." A lot of the meditations come from the traditional Buddhist teachings; others are a bit more random- like the one about John Wayne. He works it into a interesting observation about how real people aren't all good or all bad (like in the movies), but it is still random all the same
Jessi
A really interesting read. I loved most of the meditations and even got some ideas for some new ones of my own. There are many that could be adapted for yoga classes or other group settings. I wish there had been a bit more background about meditation but maybe that is more in his first book which I haven't read. Definitely a book that could be read by beginners to expert level.
Charles
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is never finished, but like its companion Meditations from the Mat, it is meant to be lived and reviewed.
December 2018: I just employed selected chapters of this book throughout this year for thematic readings at the start of many of my yoga classes that I teach. Really wonderful.
Stephanie King
Apr 11, 2016
Bill Corrales
Nov 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Yoga and the Pursuit of Happiness: A Guide to Finding Joy in Unexpected Places
  • Do Your Om Thing: Bending Yoga Tradition to Fit Your Modern Life
  • Perfectly Imperfect: The Art and Soul of Yoga Practice
  • The Yogi Assignment: A 30-Day Program for Bringing Yoga Practice and Wisdom to Your Everyday Life
  • The Eight Limbs of Yoga: A Handbook for Living Yoga Philosophy
  • Wanderlust: A Modern Yogi's Guide to Discovering Your Best Self
  • Make Your Own Rules Diet
  • Yinsights: A Journey Into the Philosophy & Practice of Yin Yoga
  • Yoga Adjustments: Philosophy, Principles, and Techniques
  • The Art and Business of Teaching Yoga: The Yoga Professional's Guide to a Fulfilling Career
  • Yoga Rising: 30 Empowering Stories from Yoga Renegades for Every Body