Start by marking “Betrayal (The Demon Hunters, #3)” as Want to Read:
Betrayal (The Demon Hunters, #3)

Betrayal

(The Demon Hunters #3)

In service to His Majesty, one must be prepared for Hell.

To survive as a scullery maid requires hard work, discipline, and a stiff upper lip. To survive as a Demon Hunter is something else entirely. Elizabeth Smythe learned this after she was captured by Demons and rescued by Hunters. Now a Hunter herself, Elizabeth’s first task in this new and strange world is to aid the
Published December 8th 2015 by Lyrical Press

To ask other readers questions about Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Betrayal

Sapphyria
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
**Disclaimer** ~ I have not read Books 1 or 2 in The Demon Hunters Series.

That being said, Book 3 definitely seemed like a stand alone (which was the only reason I decided to read Book 3 out of order). From start to finish I had no trouble keeping up with the goings-on with Reece and Elizabeth. I found that the entire book was engaging and kept me interested.

There are multiple storylines that are threaded through the pages. One pertains to Elizabeth in the aftermath of her capture and ritualist
Stormi (BMReviewsohmy)
Though you might be able to read these books as stand alones I think it's a series best read in order as it does have things from other books. That might make more since if you had read previous books.

Reese was injured by a demon in previous books and he almost died. In the last book Elizabeth was just a scullery maid in the wrong place at the wrong time and taken by the master for his ritual. She was rescued and joined The Company (demon hunters) and she has been taking care of Reese.

She is not
S.M. Lowry
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Betrayal by A.S. Fenichel is a demon-hunting romance that does not disappoint. The story mixes fantasy and historical romance; hot scenes, sweet romance, and demon hunting make this a book I didn’t want to put down. I had read the first two in the series (Ascension and Deception), so I was excited to learn what happened with Reece and Lizzy. (Although the books are a part of a series, they can be read as standalones. I read the second one first and had no trouble following the story.) Reece is a ...more
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Betrayal, book three in A.S. Fenichel's Demon Hunter series, offers as much action and dark scheming as her previous works. This is a first-rate series! It is not an easy task to create a credible regency paranormal and Ms. Fenichel does so with grace and aplomb. All the characters in this series are distinctive and the mutual respect and the heated allure between the hero and heroine add to this work. As a whole the passionate struggles that take place on the battlefield and in the heart in thi ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley, trt
This is book three in "The Demon Hunters" series. I have not read the other books yet and I did feel that I was kind of catching up with their story. But I still was able to enjoy this book.. I just wanted to mention that in case the next person wanted to know if this was a stand alone book. "Betrayal" is a paranormal / historical time of romance with good love scene. This was definitively a page turner and I could not put it down. So glad to have this book and hope that you will enjoy it too.
Gloriamarie
Read this because I like the paranormal but this is really rather a silly story. I found the relationship between the hero and heroine quite unbelievable.

For some reason, I had no record of having read this previously and I find my opinion upon a second read was even worse than before. Ans because I had no record of having read it already, I went and purchased the other 2 volumes and what a waste of $2 that was.

What the discerning reader needs to know is that each of these stories is the exact s
Liana Smith Bautista | Will Read for Feels
*** I received this book for free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review, which was originally published on book blog Will Read for Feels.

I always feel like authors must be under immense pressure when they write series; not only do they have to worry about how their work holds up to that of other writers within their genre as well as other work they’ve done as I imagine authors do, but they also have to worry about
Irene
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Although I missed reading the 2nd book, I was still able to pick up the 3rd and understand what was going on.
That said...I kind of felt like it was rushed a little. Not sure if there is a book after this one. With the way the ending was I am thinking there might be.
Elizabeth and Reese are now partners. Elizabeth getting Reese back into fighting shape. Not only do they get to know one another as partners but on a personal level as well.
Elizabeth still sees herself as a maid, no one important. Ho
Sofia Lazaridou
I have to say two things about this book. One I am very glad that the next book won't have Reece or Lillian as a main character so I won't have to be reminded about their relationship which I still find ridiculous considering the era the characters live in. I keep forgetting that this is a series that happens in the 19th century. I can't seem to get my fill on HR and that saddens me. I read this book after another HR novel and that lack of the characteristics that made an HR great for me were mi ...more
Heidi
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is easily my favorite in the Demon Hunters series. I've been waiting for Reece's story since the first book and I wasn't disappointed. Reece in on the long road to recovery after a near fatal injury. Lizzy has joined the company as a demon hunter and has much to prove, mostly to herself. She has taken on the task of helping Reece regain his health. I couldn't help rooting for her to attain her dreams, her biggest dream being with Reece. Throughout the story, Fenichel has done an amazing job ...more
Paula Genereau
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was good. I liked he storyline. Elizabeth was captured by demons and rescued by hunters. As a hunter herself she's trying to take down the higher demon.

I received a copy of the book for my honest review
Patricia Sullivan
Beiza
Jan 14, 2016
Aura Steel
Feb 06, 2016
A.S. Fenichel (Andrea) gave up a successful IT career in New York City to pursue her lifelong dream of being a professional writer. She's never looked back.

Andrea adores writing stories filled with love, passion, desire, magic and maybe a little mayhem tossed in for good measure. Books have always been her perfect escape and she still relishes diving into one and staying up all night to finish a

The Demon Hunters (3 books)
  • Ascension (The Demon Hunters, #1)
  • Deception (The Demon Hunters, #2)