Start by marking “Stand Off (Predators MC, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stand Off (Predators MC, #2)

Stand Off

(Predators MC #2)

One mistake can change your life forever.

Casey had spent most of her life watching the Predators control Queen City, never believing they could be brought to justice. She was the one who always passed unnoticed as Max’s stepsister. They underestimated what she was capable of until it was almost too late. When the Predators discovered they were her prey, there was hell to p
ebook
Published May 2nd 2015 by Young Ink Press (first published April 30th 2015)

Reaper's Property by Joanna WyldeMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyUndeniable by Madeline SheehanOwn the Wind by Kristen AshleyReaper's Legacy by Joanna Wylde
Bikers
1,349 books — 2,666 voters
The Deal by Elle KennedyA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasConfess by Colleen HooverThe Girl on the Train by Paula HawkinsThe Mistake by Elle Kennedy
Best Books of 2015
2,860 books — 5,131 voters

More lists with this book...

Cristina
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biker-boyz
I was so excited about reading this book...so excited...but now...

description

Jamie Begley is one of my all time favorite authors and with a few exceptions (4 books) I've read and loved everything she ever wrote. And that's why it pains me to say that I was so disappointed about this book :(

Why didn't I like it?

Well the whole book felt rushed like the author just wrote it so she can have something to publish. I couldn't fell any connection to the characters or between them.

The story was meant to be a little
Sabrina
Apr 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: yummy-bikers
Let me start by saying that Jamie Begley is one of my automatic buy authors. Anything she writes, I'll read. Even the book she did about Bliss, which I was sure I wouldn't like. See reasons here. But for Stand Off I kept pushing it farther and farther back on my Kindle because so many reviews were saying the writing wasn't typical JB awesomeness. And sadly, now after reading it, I have to agree.

What I liked:
- Kept me intrigued
- The sexiness
- The dialogue between Max and Casey

Before I go on w
Deborah
May 02, 2015 rated it liked it

I absolutely love the cover for this book and started reading straight away even though I was disappointed this was not Penni and Jackals book.
This was a tricky book to pull off, we know from the synopsis that Casey is going to betray the Predators and since we're reading this book we're obviously MC fans and despite their faults we're loyal and we love these guys. So Jamie had her work cut for her making sure we didn't switch off from Casey but then we have Max, Max has 4 children from 4 differ
Vashti
Apr 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Wow Max,4 kids with 4 different short term relationships!!! What happened dude ?did you not go to health class in schoolNo glove,no love buddy!.Sorry not my idea of a hero man :(
This story,sorry,but did not work for me,at first,I did not like the heroine,but as I read and came to understand her and her motives,she grew on me.Liked some of the cameo appearances of past characters,always good to catch up with them.Penni and her " pot" brownies made a hit with the girls .I like this author's books
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
Não gostei do personagem... o cara não sabe usar preservativo... 4 filhos com 4 mulheres diferentes!!!
-----------
I didn't like the character ... the guy doesn't know how to use a condom ... 4 kids with 4 different women!!!

No glove,no love buddy! LOL!
------------------

UPDATE: RE-READ JULY 17, 2017 (ADD 1 STAR)
----

"Casey avoided eye contact with Max as he sat with his now four children."

"Max was incapable of resisting—a willing woman."

“What you’re spreading is bullshit, not love.”

"Women bored him
Th.S
Alpha Possessive Heroes
3.75 STARS.

Ugh I don't know but this one didn't hit me in the right spot. There were times that the writing was amateurish and some scenes that wasn't engaging or situations that just doesn't make any sense. And yes, I know! This is Jamie Begley! What the hell am I talking about right?

Maybe its just me- anyways, on to the book... so after finishing this one it still irked me that the hero has 4 kids with 4 different women! And the part where she met with all the 4 bitches and asking for permi
Fre06 Begum
May 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
What four kids with four different women and he is supposed to be the male lead!!! Sorry but I found that seriously off putting also didn't help the fact that there was no chemistry at all between tMax or Casey this book was boring I think I will re read Shade again just so I know that this author can actually write some good books.
RCK
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
SPOILERS (as always)

Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy this book as much as the 1st book Riot. Riot was different in the sense I could see that the hero really loved the heroine and he fought for her. In this book I didn't really feel the love or need the hero Max and heroine Casey had for each other. There really was no possessive alpha here.. nor was Casey possessive over him. Things felt rushed.

Max has 4 kids with 4 separate women, I didn't feel like there was a need for that?! I guess that was th
R
Why did I wait..I read it in 2 days. I love the dynamics, and Penni is the ELivira of the group, (KA fans) I found it interesting there was not really a description of what Casey looked like...and well Jackal was a hoot, loved when Ice, whom I was hating, told Jackal to stop smiling because it looked like he was ready to vomit, Penni backed that up with the "are you feeling sick).
As for the big reason behind the betrayal. I can't fault her however man I would have just had R whacked...and than
*♡Carol♡*
Jun 12, 2015 rated it did not like it
4 kids with 4 different woman grosss
Brandi
Apr 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mc-bikers

I liked it. Not as much as I liked book one in this series, Riot, but I liked it. The book as a whole was good. It had some sweet shoot 'em up action, scenes that made my heart swell and some BIG laugh out loud moments.

My main problem was that I didn't feel that there was a strong connection, physically or emotionally, between Max and Casey. That fire was missing for me, that passion, that I can't live without him, that MINE! attitude. I know I might sound greedy but I wanted more. Sur
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2-ibooks
 photo tumblr_msz556q8XH1ri4ob8o1_r1_500.gif
This book ties us back into the other series which was nice.

photo confession.gif
I'm not 100% sure how much I liked this book, but I am 100% sure that I loved it compared to Jamie's last few attempts.
Shade (Last Riders book 6) I still have no words for my diappointment in this, which breaks my heart cause I am a HUGE JAMIE BEGLEY FAN!!!!
But I stick with my review of
Riot (Predators MC book 1). I laughed so hard when Casey asked...
"I wonder if Ice would agree with you, or is he a pussy?"
Her question had Max's lip
Julia's Book Haven
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this one a lot more then I thought I was going too when I first started. Wasn’t sure about Casey and Max at first but they completely won me over by the end.
Laurie
Jul 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: paid, biker-mc, kindle
I’m a Jamie Begley fan and I wanted to like Stand Off. In fact, in a lot of ways I did like it but…. parts of it not so much. For example, I realize that Max is a manwhore and wanted to spread the ultimate joy that having great sex with him evidently is. I mean, he has all those strategically placed piercings that he wants to share with as many women as possible. To top it off, he thought that condoms “dulled” the ummm “feeling”! Unfortunately, I spent most of the book wanting to show Max one of ...more
April Brookshire
May 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: bikers
I love Begley books and I was entertained by this one, but I also had some problems with it that kept me from giving it 4 stars:

Hero has 4 kids from 4 different women and was only with each woman for about 6 months, so besides the pathetic 4 kids/4 women, he also didn't stick it out with them through any of the pregnancies. They were always forced to break up with him when he was being a shitty boyfriend. It's hard for me to respect any man (even a fictional one) who's so careless.

Not saying Ma
Beth
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

This was such a great book, after being slightly let down by Ice and Grace's story this book lifted my love for this series. If you have read previous books by Jamie Begley you will already know Max and Casey is his stepsister. I went into this book being unsure if I'd like it, just because of the storyline but I loved it, it was amazing. I loved everything about this story the characters the storyline, and the drama, Casey was a sympathetic character I found even when I didn't know what
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bikers
As you all know I am a MC junkie, so this was just right up my alley.

I have been hooked on Jamie Begley ever since I read Razer's Ride and all her MC books is off the charts with Alpha Hotness and possessiveness.

-C-
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
“How bad do you want me, Casey?”
A whimper escaped her. “More than I want to breathe."
Sheila
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's Jamie Begley... Enough said! Details soon..
Kim BookJunkie
**Review of the audiobook**

STORY
Max is not your boilerplate motorcycle club brother: rough and tough on the outside yet truly a softy on the inside - he’s 100% rough! He has 4 children with 4 baby mama’s and he says whatever is on his mind, never apologizing for it. I love that he didn’t change despite his blossoming relationship with his stepsister Casey.

Despite this story containing secrets, deception and plenty of sex, it just didn’t work for me. I struggled to relate to the characters and d
~`*Ella Lee*`~
May 07, 2015 rated it liked it
I hate saying it, I do, but this book, and really this series, hasn't really done much impressing upon me.

First off, with this story, I felt lost at times...confused...like things just didn't add up. For instance, the h betrays the club a little mid way through. OR tries. But her reasoning? Her thought of how, why, when and where to do all this? It's kept from the reader as well as the club. The h has this "saint" mentality and she'd rather go down than give up any information. Even when she sup
Lisa Filipe
That Jamie Begley is like a magician...she just keeps on pulling out the tricks from her top hat! STAND OFF is the second in the Predators MC, and as with RIOT, you can certainly expect that typical Begley cocktail of Humor, Emotion and a Deliciously, Sexy Time!

Max, who you would have previously met in Begley's VIP Room Series is definitely not one to be messed with, and his step sister is definitely stirring the pot with his emotions and his Club...and things are about to get a complicated!

Cas
Gea
Wow, I stayed awake until 3am to finish this book. I didn't have high expectations when I started it, I thought it would go same way as Fat Louise went and I can happily say it didn't. The book had me literally hooked from the first page onwards and I couldn't get away from it until I finished it.

Only one thing bothered me and that was (view spoiler)
Natalie M
I enjoyed this book about Max and Casey. It kept me guessing about what Casey's motive was for the decisions she made in this story. After reading this book, I actually like the Predators more than before. This is a good MC story full of club drama, action with a rival club, and great main characters. We get to see more of Ice and Grace, some peeks at Penni and Jackal as well as Vida and Colton. I really loved how strong Casey was and how she put her brother first. I look forward to Jackal's sto ...more
Tana
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mc-series
Stand Off (Predators MC #2) by Jamie Begley

I love Jamie Begley writing and the books I have read are great, one of my favorite MC authors and will read anything Jamie writes.

Stand Off is the 2nd book in the Predators series, this story is about Max and Casey and the struggles, lies and deceit they have to face and can he forgive her?

Great Read!

TG KMT | QUESTL❥VE
Hmmm... Not sure what to think about this one.
Review to come.
Jasmine Tea
Sadly... I didn't like this book. I liked Max in Riot, so I had a bit of a high expectation on this one. I didn't feel any chemistry between Max and Casey and I felt that the book was a bit too short. :<
Sakshi
I'm happy we're getting this but I was kinda hoping we'll get lucky's story before this???????
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Need help - looking for title of a book!! 1 16 Jun 02, 2015 01:28PM

• Desolation (Jokers' Wrath MC, #4)
  • Sweet Ride (Ride, #2)
  • The Demonica Compendium
  • UnKiss Me (Angels Warriors MC Trilogy #1)
  • Misappropriate (Death Dwellers MC, #1.5)
  • For Her Honor (Mountain Skulls MC #2)
  • Patchwhore (Devil's Renegade MC, #2)
  • Disciple
  • Murphy (The Skulls, #2)
  • Aching To Exhale (Bantorus MC, #2)
  • Craving Absolution (The Aces, #3)
  • This Broken Beautiful Thing (Broken Beautiful, #1)
  • Secrets and Lies (The Oklahoma Brands, #3)
  • Exquisite Trouble (Iron Horse MC, #1)
  • Beautiful Outlaw (Savage Outlaws MC #1)
  • Reign (Sin City Outlaws, #1)
  • Center of Gravity (Marauders, #3)
  • Thrash (Bayonet Scars, #2)
Jamie Begley's Reading Order:
1. Razer's Ride (The Last Riders)
2. Viper's Run (The Last Riders)
3. Knox's Stand (The Last Riders)
4. Sex Piston (Biker Bitches)
5. Teased (The VIP Room)
6. Tainted (The VIP Room)
7. Shade's Fall (The Last Riders)
8. King (The VIP Room)
9. Cash's Fight (The Last Riders)
10. Fat Louise (Biker Bitches)
11. Riot (Predators MC)
12. Shade (The Last Riders)
13. Stand Off (Preda

Predators MC (4 books)
  • Riot (Predators MC, #1)
  • Hostage (Predators MC, #3)
  • Stalked (Predators MC #4)
“Don’t smile. It’s scary as fuck. The look doesn’t suit you, and it makes you look like a serial killer.” 20 likes