Start by marking “This Glorious Cause” as Want to Read:
This Glorious Cause

This Glorious Cause

An ordinary young man in extraordinary times!
Gideon Hawke is a fifteen year-old with problems. What does he want to do with his life? Should he go to college or get a job? The girl he likes couldn't possibly like him, could she? Her father sure doesn't!
Then it happens: on April 19th, 1775 British troops march into Gideon's hometown of Lexington, Massachusetts, fighting b
Published April 17th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published April 16th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about This Glorious Cause, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Glorious Cause

Start your review of This Glorious Cause
Sara Whitford
A ton of research and detail went into this book

Robert Krenzel is an impressive historian and author. In fact, I only have one criticism of this book and it is this: As a narrative, I wanted this story to focus more on Gideon, himself, and focus less on troop movements. I'm hoping as this series continues, the focus will narrow in on Gideon and the central characters.

That said, I stand in awe of the amount of historical detail that went into this book. I felt like I got an extensive history les
Matt
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I believe this is the first book by this author and in some instances this shows. The tale is fine and the characters are predominately well-thought and likable, however there are times in the book that could have used a little more tweaking, particularly some of the conversations in the book. This did not make the book unreadable and towards the end I felt the author improved his skills.

This one is a bit hard to classify. One one hand I would say this is a young adult book as the main character
Ana Meyer
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Giving me a historical fiction is both a curse and blessing. One I am history buff so I am holding you to the truth (for the most part) and a blessing because it is my genre of choice. This book focuses on a young man coming of age during a time of war. The perspective of the young during troubled times have become a great way for young people to become interested and learn more about the time period being covered. It gives them something to relate to when learning about the time period. This bo ...more
Terri Karsten
Good war story!

Gideon Hawke's story follows the events of the early part of the Revolution, with great historical detail. Robert Krenzel has obviously done his research. The book is both informative and interesting. My only complaint would be that I like a little more character development in a novel, though we do get to know Gideon quite well.
Robert Krenzel
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in the American Revolution
Shelves: fiction, favorites
I wrote this, so naturally I think it's brilliant! I would greatly appreciate additional reviews, and especially constructive feedback. I'd be happy to discuss any questions you have on my author's page.
John
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent easy read. Action flows. If you like historical fiction that follows true history this is for you. Readable by young teens as well as adults.
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Jun 15, 2015
Leslie G. Parish
Very interesting

The descriptions are vividly written, making the word pictures into mental images than remain in your memory. Tightly written and good character development make this a wonderful page-turner.
Gary
Amanda
Ted
Jodie
Connecting Reader...: YA Historical Fiction Giveaway! 1 1 May 17, 2015 07:54PM
A retired Army officer and married father of two, Bob Krenzel is the author of This Glorious Cause the first novel in the Gideon Hawke Series.

This Glorious Cause by Robert Krenzel