Start by marking “El despertar de los dragones (Reyes y hechiceros, #1)” as Want to Read:
El despertar de los dragones (Reyes y hechiceros, #1)

El despertar de los dragones

(Kings and Sorcerers #1)

“Si pensaste que ya no había razón para vivir después de terminar de leer la serie El anillo del hechicero, te equivocaste. En El despertar de los dragones, Morgan Rice nos presenta lo que promete ser otra brillante serie, sumergiéndonos en una fantasía de troles y dragones, de valor, honor, intrepidez, magia y fe en tu destino. Morgan ha logrado producir otro fuerte conju ...more
Published April 13th 2015 (first published December 22nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about El despertar de los dragones, please sign up.
Marcia Volume two is titled "Rise of the Valiant" or it is bundled as "Kings and Sorcerers" with volume #3.

Start your review of El despertar de los dragones (Reyes y hechiceros, #1)
Lorraine Sears
Based on what I’ve read in this book, I have to ask; how does the author have best seller status (according to their Amazon page)?

This is the first book in a series, although for all the satisfaction you get from following it to the bitter end I would be more inclined to say it’s a rather lengthy first instalment of a serial. There's not enough closure for this to be a 'stand alone' read.

Somewhere in this poorly written book there is a halfway decent story, but with a title of 'Rise of the Drago
Marin
Jan 16, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I must have somehow gotten a pre-released, unedited version, because this was perhaps the worst written fantasy novel I've read. Full of flagrant and elementary grammar errors, the author seems to prefer simply telling us what a character is thinking rather than showing us through intelligent dialogue. Clearly any character development is also for suckers. I am shocked to discover that this comes from a best-selling author! What?! I'm embarrassed for the genre.
Rebekkah Baumann
Jun 21, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am proud of myself for finishing this book.
First, the good. The story was pretty interesting, and there were plot elements that I'd never read before.
And now the bad. The writing was almost ridiculously bad. 1 - The author repeated descriptions over and over, like she was just trying to up her word count. 2 - The dialogue was awkward and choppy. 3 - The characters' inner thoughts were downright idiotic. For instance, Kyra disobeys her father. When he finds out, he angrily storms away from her
Ashley Daviau
Sometimes you find some nice hidden gems amongst the free books on iBooks and this is definitely one of them. I was initially drawn in because of the dragon on the cover and I’m a sucker for dragons! The story wasn’t without its faults but I thoroughly enjoyed it nonetheless! I quite enjoyed the main character and the way she thought, I really related to her on that level.
Michael
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The author has some good ideas but the story is spoiled by what I can only assume was the lack of a reliable editor (if it was edited at all). For an author with such an impressive list of books to her name, this was not what I was expecting.

I am tempted to read book 2 to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I wouldn't be inclined to recommend her work to anyone else based on this book. I may be doing her a disservice but this book over-explained a lot and was riddled with errors of all sorts
Graznot
Mar 05, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Don't bother.

Bad.
Really bad.
The author took a plot that could have been exciting and made it boring and bland with poor writing skills.

I had kindle count. The lead characters emotional state was described by referencing her heart 74 times
Dan
At about 4/5ths of the way in, it got ridiculous. Up until that point I would have rated it 4 stars.
I did finish it, despite my growing frustration.
Darkphoenix
Mar 14, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very short review to come.

I had no real expectations of this book. The synopsis sounded interesting so I thought I'd give it a try. I finished it in one day and it was so disappointing. It almost seemed like the author was in a tearing hurry to get done with this story. Things progress far too quickly in the book and there were times when I wasn't entirely sure as to how much time had passed. There are three narratives and it seemed like each was progressing at a different pace. Also the main pr
Lisa Godina
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure
DANG! DANG! DANG! Why you wonder? As I finished this glorious adventure of Kyra a 15 year old daughter of Commander Duncan, who longs to be trained as a true warrior but is unable because she is a girl, I find my desire to hear more of this tale... My husband hearing me shout Dang asked what was wrong...." to be continued" is all I said. Yep the story is that good.
Filled with delightful imagery of life in this medieval town this coming of age story has a man dealing with the day to day dealings
Gaston Prereth
Aug 08, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have thought long and hard about what to write in this review. While I found this book thoroughly tedious and dull, I am conscious that it is self-published and I got this one free on my kindle, so maybe I should not be too harsh. Writing a book is hard, this person gave it a go and so maybe some leniency is required.
Maybe I should stay my sword in its scabbard (one of the few clichés I don't remember being in the book...)
But if self-published authors are ever going to be as respected as thos
Pete Ames
Nov 15, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
Terrible.

Just terrible.
Dee Arr
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
“Rise of the Dragons” is billed as a “sweeping new epic fantasy,” though there are reasons I would disagree with that statement. While it is possible to figure out that this is (or should be identified as) a YA fantasy novel, it is not described as such. More on that later.

The initial part of the book introduced many characters, parading one name after another until I found myself questioning if I would need to remember all of them or would I have forgotten who each was when they crossed the pag
Diane
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rise of the Dragons features some fairly common devices in fantasy these days: dragons (of course), a feisty female protagonist (once an exception, now more of a norm), a quest, and a coming of age story set against the backdrop of a desperate mission.

If you take these elements of formula fantasy genre writing and apply them here, outwardly the result sounds much like many other books. But the real test of a work that is different lies in what the author does with the characters, setting, and pl
Asya
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Rise of the DragonsRise of the DragonsI didn't want to finish this book at all; it just frustrated me from start to finish. But I did manage to finish it, hence the two stars.

There were many glaring editing issues in this. For example, the distance from Volis to the Flames is described as one day on horseback. But the main character, Kyra, was able to walk that distance in a matter of hours, in a blizzard. The distance from Volis to Andros is about 100 miles, but it only took minutes for a whole
Chris Burrows
An enjoyable enough, although unchallenging read of a story that fails to deviate from predictable tropes. It stands as a fine example that anyone who dreams of being a published author can now be so.

I can only hope that those who read this book feel compelled to write a better book in which we are not directly told the characters feeling and one in which suspense is allowed be built up.
Blodeuedd Finland
Meh, giving up. Dull
Jon
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ebook
When I saw just how prolific Morgan Rice's catalog of books was (17 installments in 1 series alone), I didn't have high expectations for this debut of a different series. It's a good thing I kept them low.

There's promise of a decent story, but you mostly get poorly and overwritten tripe. The author is a fan of telling, not showing. Grammatical mistakes abound with incorrect words, improper punctuation, repeated words or phrases, and just about any other common mistake you might find with lower q
Penelope
Jan 17, 2015 marked it as will-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
DNF

I didn't get very far into the story, before I couldn't take any more. The main character talks about how humble she is, then beams brightly anytime she gets any praise for her many perfect skills.

The beginning consists of a sentence or two of dialogue, then paragraph after paragraph of back story; another sentence or two or dialogue, and more back story. It introduces new characters not by SHOWING us their relationship with the main character, but by giving us a few paragraphs that lay out
Dan
Mar 28, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-hate
Check out my blog, One Man Book Club

The Value of a Star: Ratings Explained

Let's see...I think I feel like reading a book about dragons. Cool! Here's one! It has a dragon on the cover and is called Rise of the Dragons! Perfect.

Hmm. No dragons on the first page.

10% done...no dragons yet.

20% done. Still no dragons.

30% done. Nope.

40% done. There's one!

Never mind. He only lasted 2 pages.

99% done...The dragon's back...

...for 1 paragraph.

The end.

This book was awful. Nothing happens. Don't read it.

Hap
Peter Wiebe
I loved the story. There were a few editing issues that jarred me out of the story, which is the only thing which prevented a four star review.
Tamara
Mar 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had so much possibilities to be better.
Dorothy
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 ✯ at best. THERE IS NO WAY THIS IS A BEST SELLING SERIES. At the same time I feel like I should meet halfway and give it at least 2.5 stars because it had potential. With the grammatical errors, half-hearted attempts at editing, and the repetition! Ugh, the repetition! Repetition can be a useful tool but this author took it past useful to redundant, pedantic, and tedious.

Example: Merk hiked and hiked, poking the ground with his staff, leaves crunching beneath his feet, furious. Why had he h
Muzmuz
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trigger warning alert " attempted rape"
The book has a solid story line when it comes to kyra's story... as she is the main heroine of the series... her tale is solid and consistence ... i also love the way the author portrayed her as a strong female who is willing to do what is to be done to protect her family and people but still keep to her moral codes and is not afraid to show her weaker side sometimes.
the other 2 heroes (am assuming here) story line was a bit confusing especially Alec since
Sona
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love stories where dragons are more than just a beast. This book shows them as sentient beings and I am excited to read the rest of the books in the series.
Courtney
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me just start off by saying that if you do not like multiple stories within one book then please pass on reading this one. With that being said, the book was a little hard to follow with the 3 different stories that are taking place with in this book. I imagine that all 3 of these people are going to converge together at one point later on down in the book series but it was just a little difficult to follow. So here are the 3 different story lines:

1) Kyra - daughter of a ruler of Escalon, on
Paul Hufton
Aug 23, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
In many ways this is a standard YA/fantasy novel. The plot and character types are constructed from standard fantasy-trope building blocks; you’ve seen them a thousand times before, but they work. The macro structure of the novel is fine. Unfortunately the novel overall feels like a first or second draft.

The problems that the book has are in the details. Characterization is clunky, and at times confusing. A mercenary character (named Merk) apparently only cares about money and killing, but a cou
Linda Bakker-Zwakhals
For somebody who has written so many books this one is definitely not her greatest efford.

The premise and storyline did intrigue me and were not that bad. And I certainly did sort of like the characters. But they did not develop at all and you only get to know them on the surface.

But that did not make this a 2 star rating. What did was the extremely bad writing and/or editing. So many words and phrases repeated themselfs it was most annoying. At some point Kyra doesnt feel like she doesnt belo
Peter Thompson
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is about as straight forward a fantasy story as you can come across, but for all the formula there is something wonderful about this. It's not exceptionally written (grammar errors!!), but it's elegant in its simplicity. Like a home cooked meal by the fire with a glass of wine, it warms the reader - or it warmed me.

Easy read - give it a try!
Apollo Hesiod
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
was an excellent book, now I have to get the rest of this series, just found a new author to start reading
Ariane
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it, 2016
Not good, not bad, just "meh". 2.5 stars.
Goodreads Librari...: Change description 2 16 Jan 19, 2016 05:50PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 15, 2015 08:43AM

• The Memory Thief (City of Wishes #1)
  • Call of the Herald (The Dawning of Power, #1)
  • El comienzo (Brujas anónimas #1)
  • Dragonlands: Volume 1-3 (Dragonlands, #1-3)
  • Da Vinci in Love
  • The Rat Collector
  • The Cat Who Went Bump in the Night (Eli Carter & the Ghost Hackers #1)
  • King of Ash and Bone (Shattered Realms #1)
  • Frey (The Frey Saga, #1)
  • La guerra de los cielos (La guerra de los cielos, #1)
  • Sword & Magic: Eight Fantasy Novels
  • Sword Bearer (Return of the Dragons, #1)
  • Lure (Sam Flock Adventures, #1)
  • Love Like This (The Romance Chronicles, #1)
  • Regent (The Balance of Power, #1; World of Godsland, #4)
  • Magician's Heir (The Dark Mage Series Book 1)
  • Requiem's Song (Dawn of Dragons, #1)
  • Gate of Air (Dragon Gods, #1)
Morgan Rice is the #1 bestselling and USA Today bestselling author of the epic fantasy series THE SORCERER’S RING, comprising seventeen books; of the #1 bestselling series THE VAMPIRE JOURNALS, comprising twelve books; of the #1 bestselling series THE SURVIVAL TRILOGY, a post-apocalyptic thriller comprising three books; of the epic fantasy series KINGS AND SORCERERS, comprising six books; of the e ...more

Kings and Sorcerers (6 books)
  • Rise of the Valiant (Kings and Sorcerers, #2)
  • The Weight of Honor (Kings and Sorcerers, #3)
  • A Forge of Valor (Kings and Sorcerers, #4)
  • A Realm of Shadows (Kings and Sorcerers, #5)
  • Night of the Bold (Kings and Sorcerers, #6)