Start by marking “Mocha's Help” as Want to Read:

Mocha's Help

Mocha's Help was originally written for an anthology all about dogs playing matchmaker. It's a 10k word short story about two men who run into each other, literally, thanks to a very special canine intervention
Nathan Sterling just lost his best friend and companion, a chocolate lab named Mocha. After mourning her loss for over a month, Nathan decides to honor Mocha's memo
ebook
Published May 9th 2015 by Encompass Ink (first published May 8th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Mocha's Help, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mocha's Help

Start your review of Mocha's Help
Justin
May 20, 2015 marked it as may-come-back-to-or-not
I made it to the 15% mark and had to quit. I'm sure this is a lovely story but it just wasn't working for me. The writing was just....grating. No rating since I didn't finish (barely started) the book.

There are tons of glowing reviews so this is obviously a case of "me not you".
Elspeth
Jan 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
I can't. The dialog is so stilted and wooden. I keep reading it in William Shatner's voice.
V
May 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
One word to described this. Boring!
Kendra T
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So incredibly sweet! I absolutely loved reading about these guys. The book started me off getting teary eyed reading about Nathan and his relationship/life with Mocha. David was such a hottie and sweetheart.

One could say this was too sugary sweet and that they were too perfect together. Personally, I was refreshed by that. There are so many books with angst and sometimes I just want to read a couple get together and fall in love without so many huge stumbling blocks. Sure love isn't
Katie Blythe
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*This book was given to me by the author in exchange for an honest review*

“It was a beautiful day for a run.” I’ve loved all of Tyler May’s stories and this one is no exception. Nathan goes out for a run, which he hasn’t done for a month since his dog Mocha’s passing, and on it he almost runs into a dog that reminds him of his dog who coincidently is also named Mocha. When he sees Mocha’s owner, David, he feels an instant attraction to him. Fate or was it all because of Mocha's help
Lucia
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Such a sweet little story :-)
B~
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
A cute and sweet short story.
Shelby P
May 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, pets, shorts
It was a struggle to read such a short novella when there wasn't any chemistry between the MCs.
K
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is another great story by Tyler May. The author tells perfectly, in the blurb, the jest of the story and if you are a dog lover it will immediately bring a smile to your face. Nathan is mourning the loss of his precious Mocha but finally decides to give running another go. Since that was something they did together he was having a hard time going without her.

At first, David is embarrassed when his own dog, Mocha, goes off-course and knocks over a fellow runner. Helping Nathan up
Pati
Sep 17, 2015 rated it liked it
First and foremost I want to acknowledge that I was given this book by the author for a fair and honest review.

I was slightly apprehensive beginning this story because of Mocha. We lost our much loved, 10 year old black lab on Mother's Day 2013 from a virus. I am still heartbroken and miss her every day. I wasn't sure if I could make it through this story without crying. I'm so glad I didn't let my apprehension stop me.

The author actually had me smiling with Mocha slipping her leash
Lucrecia
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mocha's Help

A cute, sweet and sexy short story. One that will brighten your day ^^
No angst, not hard past to overcome (yeah, bad breakups but that's the least the past could bring ;) No drama.
Just a sweet story about two guys, their meet-cute (possibly orchestrated so but who's checking lol) and their falling in love. Full on HEA for you.
Fast paced though the passing of months from one chapter to the next gives you a depth on the relationship. Told mostly in one of them PO
Sue bowdley
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: male-male, favourites
This was a lovely short read that really makes your heart melt....Nathan has lost his beloved Mocha who used to go running with him...when he goes for a run a month later a dog jumps him and surprisingly he finds out the dog is also called Mocha and belongs to a hot guy called David...They get together really quick but it's really sweet and a perfect read to fill in between books x
Anne
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet and romantic story! I couldn't put it down till I finished it. Nat and David are gorgeous and Mocha, a furry little cupid you just have to love. This book really is perfect for a sweet little break and more than aww-worthy. Love it!
J.R. Barten
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm a total sucker for M/M stories involving pets, and this one did not disappoint! The story is sweet and heartwarming and a perfect day read. Just like all of Tyler's books, the connection between the two men is hot! Another winner from Ms. May!
Barbara Lampron
Sweet

I think that was a really sweet and heartwarming book. And I think Tyler is right love is love all the way~
Tracy Perry
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a short & sweet read!! This book is insta love, so heartwarming and will keep a smile on your face :) I love Nat, David & Mocha!!
Melissa
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-books
A dog and an m/m romance, yep I'm in! Just a really sweet read.
Debb Uitich
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is an absolute must read. This book has 2 of the best things, a dog and true love. Tyler May has done another stupendous job of delivering her outstanding work to her readers and fans!
Meledy Blumberg
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mochas help

Thus was a good short read I liked it this was the first book I have read of hers. If you liked short reads that is a m/m book this is for you .
Dawn
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Really sweet short story.
Jenny Wood
Jan 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Very cute cover!
Nathan's going on a run today, it's the first time he's ran in over a month since he had to put his dog Mocha down. He'd had her since he was 15 so she'd had a good life with him. Anyone who has animals that are their little fur babies know how hard that is.....
David is running with his new dog Mocha and see's Nathan going for his run, and decided he needed to meet him....both just getting over bad breakups, they take to each other really quick, It's insta-love at it's fin
Denise H.
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful romance !! Loved it ! This sweet story had deep feeling characters, an interesting short story, different professions and locale, an adorable dog, with an ending that had me smiling all day, and beyond. Well written, well done M/M sex scenes, with true, real emotions make this worthwhile. No angst, cheating, stress, or games, just a simple love story to warm your heart. The cute characters are likable immediately, and you will be rooting for them the whole time. Highly recommen ...more
Lisa
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet, fluffy, wonderfully easy read. There is a little touch of insta-love, but Nat and David were a cute couple and throw in a playful puppy and your sugar-high is set for the rest of the book. There is no angst (thank you!) just a simple romance with a strong HFN. Enjoyable short story.

*Received a gifted copy for an honest review*
Cheryl
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
A good story line with so much potential but the writing style ruined it. There was no emotion, it completely lacked chemistry and the way the two M.C's spoke to each other felt stiff (and not in a good way). I'd've felt more engrossed if I'd been reading a recipe.
Claudia
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sweet, w-pets
It's so sweet how Nathan and David met, with a huge help on the chocolate labrador called Mocha.

After their first meeting, chemistry did the trick and they found out that all they were looking for was each other.

Such a cute and sweet read. Loved it
Denise Koopman
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nathan loses his friend Mocha. A chocolate lab and he finally goes for a run and another chocolate lab also named Mocha runs into him and her owner is named David and they all hit it off. Well sparks fly and they all fall in love. Such a sweet read. So heart warming.
Joelle
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Two hot guys and an adorable dog equals a sweet and sexy read by Tyler May. I liked everything about this book. It felt real and honest and I just loved it. I want to be friends with David and Nathan so I can dog-sit Mocha.
Kari (BookandCoffeeLover)
Cute sweet reading about falling in love and second chances.
Jenn C
Jun 12, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars - quick cute sweet read.
May 24, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Sappy and simplistic

The writing style is very elementary and simplistic. It is full of sappy harlequin romance novel cliches. Thankfully it was short.