Start by marking “Losing Her (Broken Road, #1)” as Want to Read:
Losing Her (Broken Road, #1)

Losing Her (Broken Road #1)

Love. I’d hated love for most of my life. I saw how it destroyed the one person I thought I could count on as it sucked him under, leaving him not to care about anything else in the world—including me. But when I didn’t close myself off, I let love consume me. Love and hate, two words that don’t often go together but that’s what I felt for him. Beneath the prince lurked a ...more
174 pages
Published November 7th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Losing Her, please sign up.

Cori Williams No, this is book one in a two part series!

NiCoLeTa E.
Nov 23, 2015 NiCoLeTa E. rated it really liked it
***4 "so many ^god damn^ mistakes" stars from me***

Wow!!! I think i'm speechless right now and i'm pretty sure that i need the next book... YESTERDAY????
What was that??? That book drove me nuts...

I was in a constant emotional rollercoaster and i didn't know where i was standing and why i was feeling like that!!!
I probably felt every god damn feeling that exists in the universe...

This book was full of angst that after i finished it still linger inside me and cletch painfully my stomach...
It had
Olga therebelreader
Lovely story with an unexpected turn of events! This book surprised me, as things happened that I really wasn't expecting, but it all worked!

photo tumblr_nda767ej3i1r7eta3o1_500_zpsdwhbv8of.jpg

This story was about Campbell and her bad choices in love. When she was young, her friendship with Lawson had turned into an erotic affair. Lawson always had strong feelings for her but Campbell had no interest of becoming one of his groupies. Lawson did not fight for her and put a distance between them. They continued to be friends, leaving their past be
Dec 05, 2015 Amy rated it liked it
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars!

Change was sometimes good, sometimes bad, but inevitable nonetheless. Inevitable change.”

Losing Her follows the story of Campbell, Lawson and Conner. Their story will take you on one heck of an emotional journey. You will get angry, and frustrated. At times, you may swoon and wish things could be different. But, in the end, you will be dying to know what will happen next!

One of the things that I loved about this book was the prologue. It pulled me in and captivated me.
Oct 12, 2015 Melanie rated it really liked it
ARC kindly provided via NetGalley for the exchange of an honest review***

This book was an emotional rollercoaster set on high speed. Campbell and Lawson's relationship was so heartbreaking yet heartwarming at the same time. I hoped and crossed my fingers that they would end up on the same page at the same time but life had a different plan for them.

Campbell to me seems so lost, broken and searching for love in all the wrong places and that includes with Connor. She makes mistake after mistake
Sep 22, 2015 Tobi rated it it was amazing
ARC/BETA I received and Read This book in exchange for an Honest review. In the Just the Prologue I was Blown Away! I think within the first 5 Mins I was Slammed by every Emotion Inhad. How Any Women Could Endure True Love Happiness,Friend to Have Love & Loss . Honestly This Book Will Rock Your Core. Thank-You Cori For Opportunity .
Shelly Wygant
Nov 20, 2015 Shelly Wygant rated it it was amazing
Well Ms. Williams did it again. She wrote a story that will mess with your heart, break it to pieces, and try to put it back together again. Just reading the prologue I was like what just happened. So let's take a walk down the Broken Road.

The first time Lawson sees Campbell he wants her. She is not going to be one of his one night stands. This starts a great friendship. And this is when the story starts to get to me. I wanted to shake Lawson. You can tell he loves Campbell but he can't act on i
~Nikki~  Blogger for Saints and Sinners Books

So I was super excited to read this book by Cori because I love her writing and this book did not disappoint. I was hooked right away from the prologue and my mouth was hanging open and I couldn’t wait to see what happened. This book is told through both Lawson and Campbell’s POVs so we see what both have been through throughout the book.

This book takes place in the past and present so it was a little confusing at times with the time hops. Lawson and Campbell have known each other since they w
Nov 24, 2015 Julie rated it really liked it
I’ve always been a fan of Cori Williams and with the way she blew my mind in this book, I will always be one. The twists and turns in this book were very unexpected. From the prologue to the epilogue and every page in between, I was hooked. By the time I was finished with this book, I was thinking ‘what the hell did I just read?’ I had to let things sink in and still had a book hangover the next day.

Lawson and Campbell met one night while his band was playing locally at the fair. Once meeting, y
Books Laid Bare
Nov 07, 2015 Books Laid Bare rated it really liked it
This is a story that is very easy to get carried along with, the pattern and flow are smooth and the characters are charismatic.
The story was sharp, on the outside it may have appeared that it going to follow a fairly standard pattern but I am delighted to say that this had more tricks up its sleeve than that and the author was well prepared for a slow and deliberate build-up of both angst and drama.
Lawson and his band are playing a county fair when he first meets Campbell and he really should h
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I really enjoyed reading this book. I liked the story line and the book was very well written, the words flowed well.
Lawson Reynolds is in a band called Jensons Outlaws, whilst playing at a county fair one night in Carolina, he meets and falls in love with Campbell Wynn. The only trouble is he doesn't realise it until it is too late and after one glorious night together, he takes off on the road again with his band and doesn't even tell Campbell he is leaving.
Although they remains really close
Oct 24, 2015 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy by: Netgalley
Losing Her -the 1st book in Broken Road series left me a little speechless.. This is the 1st book I have read by Cori Williams and definetly will not be my last! I loved it and can't wait for the second book.. I definitely was not expecting some of the twists in this story.. The characters were well written in dual point of view giving you both present and a little bit of back story of Campbell and Lawson's past friendship and history and the closeness they shared with refraining from crossing t ...more
Terri Turner
Nov 07, 2015 Terri Turner rated it really liked it
This is a review for Losing Her (Broken Road Series Book 1) by Cori Williams, on behalf of A Book Lovers Emporium.
4 Stars.
Oct 16, 2015 Shawna rated it it was amazing
Wow! Yes, that one little word sums it up perfectly! WOW!

Cori Williams is a new author to me. I adore reading new to me authors especially when my first impression of them is simply mind blowing.

Losing her is a riveting tell of love, lust, pain, betrayal, loyalty, addiction, and abuse. The main female character finds herself unable to trust and love after a life of betrayal and abuse. That's until she meet's Mr. Perfect.. or is he?? Torn between her heart, her mind and an overwhelming need for l
Stephanie  Mae
Nov 09, 2015 Stephanie Mae rated it it was amazing
I loved every part of the book. It was a page turner from the first chapter. I could not get enough of Lawson and Campbell. Lawson was a famous player who would never settle down. He constantly had girls throwing their selves at his feet. Even though he could have any girl he wanted, He only had eyes for one girl and that was his best friend Campbell.
Campbell had a rough life growing up and thought that was all behind her until she met Conner. Even though Campbell and Lawson have two separate l
Nov 22, 2015 Dawn rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review & am so glad I read this one. I think I found another author to love. Cori Williams is a new author to me, but the synopsis to this book really drew me in, so I gave her a try.

I must say that reading the prologue for this book kind of threw me a bit when I got into reading the chapters, so I decided to stop, go back to chapter 1 and start again without reading the prologue. Awesome idea! I flew through the chapters after that and loved every minute of i
May 07, 2016 Faith89 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
copy received through Netgalley
I will admit that I spent several moments of this book totally confused. The prologue and the constant time shifts had my head spinning. It was hard to follow. Even with that, I was drawn to the central story. Lawson and Campbell took me on quite a journey. I loved her in the beginning. She was sassy and independent. Lawson was an up and coming country music star. the timing for these two was never right. They had too many distractions and just when things start to
Oct 31, 2015 Bridgett rated it really liked it
Once I started, I couldn’t put this one down! The prologue will suck you in and leave you with enough questions that you HAVE to read this in order to figure out what’s going on, it’s not even an option. But as soon as you think you have it figured out, you’re hit with the epilogue to beat all epilogues…what the hell?! Definite cliffhanger here and I’m very anxious for the next book in the series! That epilogue is definitely setting something up for the next book.

This book covers several very se
Briana Pacheco
Oct 24, 2015 Briana Pacheco rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
3.5 'Sugar' stars

I'll be honest and say I was so confused when I read the prologue and then chapter 1. I didn't know if Campbell was the person who stabbed her husband but then you figure out that she's not. The epilogue clears that up. Losing Her is a fast paced novel that I wish was a little more organized. The time jumps are confusing and once you figure out what time frame the characters are in, you're thrown somewhere else. This book does involve domestic violence.

Campbell and Lawson meet a
Grace Morales
Oct 09, 2015 Grace Morales rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided by publisher for honest review***
WOW this was a powerful read. This reminded me of a Nicolas Sparks novel. In some ways I hate this story because I am sitting waiting for a happy ending a nice pretty bow. This book shows the struggle is real, they don’t instantly fall in love get together and have perfect musical babies. They take roads that lead them on paths that are sad, lonely, heart breaking. Through it all they always find each other. That was what the story is about finding
Elaine Irwin
Nov 10, 2015 Elaine Irwin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star, excellent, arc
This book…wow. Not at all sure what to say. I really enjoyed it and there was a twist at the end that I really did not see coming. I couldn’t believe that was the end of the book. I think I actually shouted at the end. I needed more.

I am really looking forward to the second book, I need to find out what happens. I feel so sorry for Lawson.

This isn’t normally the kind of book that I read.

See my full review at:

Oct 29, 2015 Mycoton32 rated it really liked it
En bref, on ne sait pas trop dans quoi on se lance en commençant ce roman étant donné le prologue. Et puis petit à petit on tombe amoureux des personnages, on apprécie leur évolution, on veut leur dire de faire attention et là arrive l'épilogue et on comprend le pourquoi du prologue.... Et bordel c'est diablement bien fait !! Je suis très curieuse de lire la suite.
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I was given a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Goodness what an emotional story. There are so many ups and downs throughout this whole story, I truly loved the ride we took. Lawson and Campbell both struggle through some tough times. I loved both characters but at times I wanted to smack them both. While this does end in a cliffhanger I am truly happy that I read it. I can not wait until the next one comes out, I have to know what is going to happen.

Review done by Cat for Cat's Guilty Plea
Nov 06, 2015 Tracey rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I thought this would be a great book to read, but I found that I just couldn't keep interest in it. I tried to make myself finish reading this book but I kept skimming through it. I don't like to write bad review. I'm just going to say this just wasn't the book for me. What I don't like someone else might love. I received an ARC of this book from Net Galley for an honest review.
Marissa Michaelsen
Nov 07, 2015 Marissa Michaelsen rated it it was amazing
While the warning was right it does have a few triggers. I was pulled into Cam's life and everything she went through. But then I also rooted for Lawson, especially for him to finally pull his head out of his rear to see what I had from the beginning.
This may not be for everyone, but it should be given a chance to pull you in and hold you tight.
Nov 11, 2015 Tiff91 rated it it was amazing
this was such an amazing book the goosebumps i got reading it and the storyline was amazing, but the suspence until the next book is going to kill me hahaha.,]

well done cori this book was fantastic.
Akeisha from Til' The Last Page BB
Reviewed by: Akeisha
I received an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The blurb was the first thing that sucked me in. The second thing was I had never read a book from Cori and was happy to read this story.
The prologue had me in a 'WTH', 'OMG', give me more type of mood. After the first 3 chapters I am not sure the book would continue on the same way it began.

The characters Lawson Reynolds and Campbell Wynn had a very interesting relationship. Throw in Conner and all the additio
Lisa Atherton
Nov 27, 2015 Lisa Atherton rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5*

I came away from this feeling slightly confused as to what I had read. The story is told from Campbell and Lawson's point of view but jumps back and forth without warning between the past and the present. When Campbell and Lawson first meet, Lawson tries to get into Campbell's pants but she resists his charms and the draw to the country music star. They build a tenuous friendship, with Lawson always wanting more. Their relationship is severely tested when Campbell meets and marries C
Nov 10, 2015 Crystal rated it it was amazing
Losing her is the first book in the Broken Road series. It has so many twists and turns that your in warp speed trying to read it. Campbell met Lawson at a show his band was playing at. Campbell is sassy but has lousy luck in the dating department and not looking for a one-night stand. Turns out Lawson can't take his eyes off of Cam and know that she is different from all the other girls. Campbell's past becomes her future, Will Lawson be left behind? The cliffhanger has you wanting more now.

Mar 10, 2016 Jenn rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS!!!

This author has a unique way of laying out her books. It is not necessarily bad, it is just hard to figure out the timeline at certain points in the story. I was instantly hooked with the prologue. Throughout the entire book I was on the edge of my seat trying to piece everything together and I have to say I was completely stunned with the ending. I cannot wait for the next book and to see what is going on for these characters. It was a shorter read and may contain triggers for some.
Romance Between The Sheets
Speechless – Losing Her has hooked me big time – The Ending - Wow, I am going to go back to the beginning and read this again before the next book comes out as I cannot believe it was twisted that way – brilliant!

This is going to be hard to review in words without giving anything away so here goes….

Firstly, Lawson and Campbell and their young romance, it was frustrating for me at the start of their initial friendship and subsequent physical attraction, I did find parts of explaining how they met
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Because of Luke (Lewiston Blues/Black Family Saga, #1)
  • How Not to be Starstruck
  • Wicked End (Wicked End, #1)
  • Obsession (Ink & Iron, #1)
  • All Night Long (Black Halo #1)
  • The Dark Duet (A Musical Interlude, #3)
  • How to Reprimand Your Rock Star (DommeNation, #2)
  • Wild Ones (His to Claim, #4)
  • Forget
  • My Sweet Demise
  • Denying Heaven (Room 103, #3)
  • The Farther I Fall
  • The Stage (Phoenix Rising, #1)
  • Rocked By Him
  • Color Me Crazy
  • Stain (Stain, #1)
  • Sentenced (Jaded Regret #1)
  • Forgotten Promises
Cori lives in Michigan and is married to her high school sweetheart. While being a stay at home to her three little ones, she likes to read and write, in between cleaning up messes and being a short order cook.

Visit her author page:

Twitter Username: @cawilliams00
More about Cori Williams...