Start by marking “Pot-Limit Omaha Poker” as Want to Read:
Pot-Limit Omaha Poker

Pot-Limit Omaha Poker

Are You Ready For The Next Wave Of Poker?
If you've never tried Pot-Limit Omaha, you're missing out on the most exciting, most lucrative cash game around. Omaha has long been the most popular form of poker in Europe, and now it's spreading like wildfire throughout North America. The reason is simple: Omaha offers more action and bigger pots than Texas Hold'em. Isn't it
Published January 1st 2008 by Citadel

To ask other readers questions about Pot-Limit Omaha Poker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pot-Limit Omaha Poker

Start your review of Pot-Limit Omaha Poker
Eugene Tung
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was a good read. It corrected a lot of the leaks in my game and was also able to introduce the hi/lo aspects of the game in a clear and concise manner.
Raphael Clayette
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poker
I only did read the omaha Hi part, but it was great. I can believe this is the best beginner PLO book. I will read his other PLO books (3 volumes)
Huié Hólos
Nov 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Keep in mind that this book was written by and for PLO 9 handed LIVE games. In that sentence alone you can tell how outdated this book is; that is, if you were to read it in a literal way.

However, if you're a NLH player who's completely new to PLO, then I recommend reading at least the first half of this book with an open mind.
Hwang does a fantastic job introducing us noobs to the types and relative strength of PLO starting hands, he's very thorough when it comes to that, and that alone will
steve
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Very easy to understand and very helpful in understanding how important the fundamentals are . I wish it went into more detail or examples of playing medium strength hands. Overall a very good book. Thank you!
Pedro Silva
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Its an excelent introduction to PL OMAHA. The basic strategy, odds calculation and gameplay changes a lot from NLH. Great notions about the main differences about the variants and the "changing gears" you should be prepared to approach both games.
Will Sisco
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly relevant despite its age. I feel like this book alone is enough to beat low stakes live PLO.
Azary Tamarov
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great starter book

Good learning experience for me. Simple to understand but still have alotttt more to learn. Will look for more books on Amazon
Robert Beveridge
Aug 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: the player
Recommended to Robert by: the game
Jeff Hwang, Pot-Limit Omaha Poker: The Big-Play Strategy (Lyle Stuart, 2008)

Omaha is a wonderful game. It's second only to Cincinnati as my favorite poker variant (and no one plays Cincinnati anymore, not even in Europe), and I play Omaha and Omaha-split tournaments whenever I can. I've read a few books on the game over the years, but none of them has ever been comprehensive until now. Pot-Limit Omaha Poker: The Big Play Strategy attempts to teach the reader how to minimize the variance (as much
Yves
Sep 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: poker
Deep and insightful, this technical book is required to be read twice to really get the practical elements of PL Omaha Hi play. I had to read it again. Absolutely NOT a book for beginners and in fact, a beginner applying these techniques would lose a lot of money because you have to have the long-time playing discipline to put those bluff bets out there. Beginners will not and when they do, face the problem of just being called.
Timothy
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: textbook
really good introduction. very clear analysis of the basics of what hands are good and what flops are good. very little detail beyond that, but anyone with a moderate background in NLH can fill in most of the blanks. Lots of hand examples and a series of hand quiz examples in the back that are helpful.

I skipped the Hi/Lo sections.
CV Rick
Mar 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poker
If you're learning the game, it's a great overview and if you've had trouble with proper betting and hand-reading (and I have) this is a fantastic book. I learned quite a bit and improved my game drastically. I hope to be able to show a monetary benefit from the knowledge in the near future.
Daniel
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Easily the best book on basic PLO on the market.
Erin Parisien
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you don't have any background in Omaha (where I was at at the time) this is a great place to start. I would suggest at least some basic strategy knowledge in poker beforehand though.
Tim
Feb 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Not for your average PLO player; what a tough game that is.

Reviewed for Card Player.
Sidney
Jan 30, 2009 added it
Excellent book for anyone wishing to learn or improve their Omaha game.
Valentina Thoerner
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poker
Very good introduction to transition from Texas to PLO.
Henry DeBenedetto
Jul 28, 2015
W. von Mollendorff
Dec 30, 2015
Phillip
rated it did not like it
Aug 01, 2014
Jan 17, 2014
Corey Strock
May 07, 2013
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct page count 3 13 Jun 15, 2016 07:33AM

• Harrington on Hold 'em: Expert Strategy for No-Limit Tournaments, Volume II: The Endgame
  • Inside, Outside, Upside Down (Berenstain Bears)
  • The Last Unicorn
  • The Little House
  • Animals Should Definitely Not Wear Clothing
  • Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
  • Ace on the River: An Advanced Poker Guide
  • Mary Emmerling's Romantic Country: Style That's Straight from the Heart
  • One of a Kind: The Rise and Fall of Stuey, 'The Kid', Ungar, The World's Greatest Poker Player
  • Seven-Card Stud for Advanced Players
  • The Biggest Game in Town
  • Weighing the Odds in Hold'em Poker
  • High-Low-Split Poker, Seven-Card Stud and Omaha Eight-Or-Better for Advanced Players
  • Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of Orïsha, #2)
  • This Old House Easy Upgrades: Bathrooms: Smart Makeovers, Trusted Advice
  • Waking Nightmare (Hello Neighbor, #2)
  • Shadowmancer (Shadowmancer, #1)
  • Mistwood (Mistwood, #1)