Start by marking “Pretty Little Werewolf (Little Werewolf, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pretty Little Werewolf (Little Werewolf, #1)

Pretty Little Werewolf (Little Werewolf, #1)

All Giselle ever wanted was a family... that can accept her for what she is, a werewolf.
In a world where supernatural creatures are not out and proud, this has been a problem for 16 year old Giselle. A child of the system, she's been bounced from home to home for as long as she can remember. As soon as the moon calls out her inner wolf, it's back into the system she goes.
Published June 9th 2015 by Rising Sign Books

To ask other readers questions about Pretty Little Werewolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty Little Werewolf

Vampire Academy by Richelle MeadCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareTwilight by Stephenie MeyerHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickShiver by Maggie Stiefvater
YA Paranormal Romance
636 books — 2,028 voters
Prince of Wolves by Quinn LoftisShiver by Maggie StiefvaterBlood Rites by Quinn LoftisNightshade by Andrea CremerLinger by Maggie Stiefvater
Werewolves
795 books — 1,189 voters

More lists with this book...

Ari Reavis
*ARC received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

After you get over the main character "drooling" over the 2 hottest boys in school, this was a pretty good story. A foster kid who didn't fit in anywhere finally finds a home that accepts her for what she is.....a wolf. The story has a bit of mystery of figuring out which wolf pack did what to whom and why. It had a touch of a love triangle (which I despise), but it wasn't the focus of the book, so it was bearable and she did choose s
Alexia Purdy
Amazing! Loved this take on werewolves by Katie Salidas! She definitely threw an interesting lore to it and I can't wait to read more! Giselle has been in foster homes all her life. Will this next one be the home she desires? Following Giselle as she discovers the world around her, the secrets flurrying about and the handsome magically inclined guys is quite the adventure! Giselle knows somethings up and she's going to make sure she finds out exactly what.

If you enjoy YOUNG ADULT paranormal stor
Alyssia Cooke
Mar 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Far too focussed on the gawking and drawling at hot boys to be interesting. It's a pity because the premise of the feud between two families of shapeshifters could have caught my attention. The angle of the child in foster care really should have caught my eye. But all of the interesting bits were smothered in the love triangle which was forcibly shoved down your throat. If you ever managed to forget that there are two very hot guys that Giselle is drooling - literally - over in school, Katie Sa ...more
The Gypsy Emmy
Pretty Little Werewolf

It was petty flat and very immature. I'm going through a total reading slump all I might be a little harsher than usual but only because I'm so frustrated. It was very 'teenage angst' and the characters were so dull and had little to no depth. I kept waiting for the climax but once I finished the book, I realized it was never really coming.

So, yeah, I really didn't like it.
Lissette
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Poor Giselle has been in so many foster homes, she no longer knows which way is up or down. From the moment you begin reading, Giselle's plight draws you in. She's alone and scared with a secret she can never divulge to anyone. Or so she thinks.

In her mind, she believes that she's a freak of nature. That there's no one else like her out there. Until she meets the members of what promises to be her new family and home. It's then that her life changes.

I enjoyed Giselle's naivete. She may appear to
Galina Sulaiman
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this YA book! Giselle is a lone wolf, with all the makings of an Alpha. She has spent her live in the foster kid system never meeting another wolf until she is placed with Martina, there're she lives with Marina the Alpha, her mate and two adopted daughters Diana and Taylor. They want her to join their pack. Having never had a family, let alone a pack, Giselle is cautious . Enroll into a new high school she meets two hunky guys, Asher a wolf the son of the Alpha from the riva ...more
AK Mama Reads
Shelves: paralove
I'm a sucker for shifter books, but this werewolf tale takes the cake! Giselle is a rather interesting young woman, going through puberty like every other warm blooded female, except for one little thing...the full moon brings on the wolf. Katie Salidas does a wonderful job of drawing you into the deceivingly uncomplicated world of the supernatural and the ordinary, you can't help becoming invested in the characters desires to make things right. I especially enjoyed that matriarchs were alphas a ...more
Rebecca
This book was very enjoyable but aimed at a much younger age group than myself which is why it probably missed the mark with me.

The main character is Giselle, a girl who has only ever wanted a family who accepted her as she is, a werewolf. So she moves in with a new family who just happen to be werewolves also and who are willing to take her into their pack. But as all things all is not as it seems and there's a guy in her new school that swears she'd be better off without them.

There are a lot
Fawn
Pretty Little Werewolf

This cover catches your eye first and pulls you in. After that you find a fun adventure filled YA shifter story. Some adventure and romance tied up with a happy ending. I enjoyed reading this newest story by Katie and look forward to whatever is coming next.
Katrina Berry
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
A refreshing YA read that is filled with paranormal goodies such as werewolves and witches, and will suck you in, gripping you tight until the very end of the book. Can't wait to see what comes next. Nicely done, Ms. Salidas.
Kirsty Mcewan
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant werewolf book. Just bought the next one in series can't wait to see what happens next :) love katie salidas's style of writing her books just draw you in.
Elizabeth
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pretty Little Werewolf by Katie Salidas is the first book in the Little Werewolf series. Giselle has spent her whole life bouncing from place to place. Like clockwork on the full moon, when her inner wolf surfaces, her current foster family sends her back into the system to be shuffled somewhere else. Her counselor says this new place will be different. Sneaking out on her first night, she discovers her new family has a secret. She's finally found everything she's always wanted; a family and oth ...more
Eating Between
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
The author is able to improve a world we all know and love. The world of things that go bump in the night and all beings paranormal. She is able to create so many characters but keep them unique at the same time, giving each of them their own voice.

Giselle is one feisty wolf with a huge chip on her shoulder which makes he super relatable, not that we all are werewolves who can’t control themselves…. However I feel like everyone at some point in life has felt like they did not belong. Like they w
Sandra
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, own-it
3.5 stars. Giselle is a very likable lead. She is strong, strong willed and sensible. I liked her caution and her determination. Once there are questions raised she doesn’t just blindly take anyone’s word for things and rush into committing to a pack despite a lifetime of wanting a family. Instead she pushes for answers and continues to investigate til she figures out the real story, then uses her knowledge to fix things and broker peace. I must say I was a little surprised with who she ended up ...more
H
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Terrific YA shifter story with a good moral.

I totally enjoyed this book of a lonely young werewolf shifter trying to live in the foster care system. It's hard to hide what you are during a full moon 🌙. She was made to feel like a freak until she is fostered by the perfect family. I love that Elle is a tough young girl that tends to go all alpha and she gains the attention of two hotties in school.
Rita Leathers
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the Little Werewolf series. I found it very enjoyable. I loved that Giselle wouldn't let anyone deter her from finding out what really happened between the wolf packs. I look forward to reading the next book in the series to see what Giselle will get up to next.

Pamela Lloyd
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this. It's fun.
Ashley
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: werewolf
I couldn't finish this but the first half was "ok" enough that I felt comfortable giving it two stars at least. It just didn't hold my attention and the love seemed to be insta.
Anna
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Quick Read

This book moved very quickly it was difficult to put down. While it is part of a series it still has an HEA ending. This book is suitable for all ages.
Kourtney Maxin Williams
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved it! Giselle is my new BFF... I’m gonna go read the next book 😍
Patricia Burleson
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good

Very good YA book. It has action, mystery, friendships, magic, werewolves, and witches. Great story line and strong characters. So grab your copy and enjoy reading.
Andrea Heltsley
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
Decent shifter book. Looking forward to next book. Hope it is just as good! Four glittery stars!
Danielle Goodwin
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Katie Salidas' "Pretty Little Werewolf" is the first tale in the Little Werewolf series. This is a clean teen paranormal romance. Feels like a werewolf version of Divergent. Has two possible boyfriend choices like Twilight. The mythology is really interesting - werewolves & witches. Can't wait to read #2.
Promisary
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book ( although regrettably it took longer then usual for me to finish due to midterms.... ) , and definitely a good read that I enjoyed a lot ! The storyline , the plot, everything built up so well , not to mention that we get to know all of our characters even better!
I loved it, and I am looking forward to so much more from Katie!
Signing off,
Promisary
Carrie Lahain
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A young werewolf who's spent her life in foster care finds her dream of being part of a real family threatened by a decades-long pack war.

Giselle's had a tough childhood full of displacement and rejection. She's about given up hope that any of her foster placements will turn into a forever family. So when she ends up at Martina Hernandez's house, where her "condition" isn't a cause for immediate removal, she should be over the moon. Turns out being part of a pack requires a degree of commitment
A Midwest Belle
Jun 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, read-2015
See more reviews at: http://karissasbookblog.blogspot.com/

Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

I wish I could have rated this book higher than I did, because it really wasn't a bad one.

First of all, this cover is absolutely gorgeous. I love the girl on the front, I love the lighting, I love the font. It's all beautiful.

There were a few errors in formatting and some odd sentences here and there which detracted from being involved in the story, and it kind of pulled me out. I'm not sure if they were changed wi
Shayay
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was great, I really love Katie Salidas' writing and I found the premise to be an unique take on shifters. Giselle is a foster kid, who has been passed around to multiple homes because she has little quirk that people don't understand; she is a werewolf. Giselle is sent to a new home, but she has a bit of a chip on her shoulder and finds it hard to trust because she's only had herself to rely and depend on, so she isn't expecting much from her new place, but when she finds other werewolves, ...more
Brittney
Jun 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
***I received a copy in exchange for my honest review***
This book was about a lone werewolf in the foster system named Giselle who finds out that there are other people like here when she arrives at her new home. However, Giselle does not want to join this pack unless she is able to stop the war occurring between the two wolf families. This age old feud needs to be stopped and Giselle is trying to accomplish this with the help of Asher and Damien.
This book was a very engaging and heartwarming s
Gina
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Looking forward to book two and more of Giselle's adventures. Highly recommended, well-written, and suitable for all readers young and old alike. The message in the story is so true. There's always a way to find peace and resolution is there's a will to do so.
Well done!
Kelly Hamby
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
*This review is based on an ARC received prior to release.*

My love of the supernatural genre and my familiarity with many of Katie Salidas' previous publications led me to her latest book "Pretty Little Werewolf". Throughout this read, Katie stays focused on an appealing young teenage character, Giselle, a lone lycan continually searching for her place in an unfamiliar world. Her back story and her vulnerability make it easy to both sympathize and root for Giselle as she tries to make the best c
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 17, 2015 12:29PM
Goodreads Authors...: Pretty Little Werewolf 1 12 Apr 27, 2015 10:44PM
Goodreads Authors...: Pretty Little Werewolf 1 8 Apr 27, 2015 10:43PM
  • First Plane (Hayle Coven #10)
  • First Bite (Darkwood Manor, #1)
  • Chameleon: The Awakening (Book 1 of The Forest People)
  • Paranormal Days Gone Awry
  • The Prophecy (Divinity Stone #1)
  • Downpour (Ember, #2)
  • Cursed (Voodoo Nights #1)
  • Whiteout
  • The Cold Room
  • Silver Mortal (The Gracen Chronicles, #1)
  • Before (Betwixt, #0.5)
  • Dissension (Chronicles of the Uprising, #1)
  • The Demons We See (The Dark Abyss Of Our Sins, #1)
  • Fractured
Katie Salidas is a best-selling author known for her unique genre-blending style.

Host of the Indie Youtube Talkshow, Spilling Ink, nerd, Doctor Who fangirl, Las Vegas Native, and SuperMom to three awesome kids, Katie gives new meaning to the term sleep-deprived.

Since 2010 she’s penned four bestselling book series: the Immortalis, Olde Town Pack, Little Werewolf, and the RONE award-winning Chronic