Start by marking “ShutterGirl (The Hollywood Project, #1)” as Want to Read:
ShutterGirl (The Hollywood Project, #1)

ShutterGirl (The Hollywood Project #1)

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,503 Ratings  ·  583 Reviews
A NEW STANDALONE FROM CD REISS

ONE movie star on the cusp of greatness
ONE broken girl who touched him
TEN years to forget her
A MILLION stories in Hollywood
-----------
I am not hurt.

I don’t need a second chance with him, or a life I thought I had.

While he was out forgetting me to become a movie star, I was building a career out of nothing. A career as a paparazzi, but a career
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 284 pages
Published May 16th 2015

To ask other readers questions about ShutterGirl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ShutterGirl

Black Keys by Rose B. MashalBeautiful Secret by Christina LaurenSweet Ache by K. BrombergThe Mistake by Elle KennedyShutterGirl by C.D. Reiss
2015 Romantic Releases (APRIL to JUNE)
5th out of 346 books — 1,936 voters
The Deal by Elle KennedyConfess by Colleen HooverThe Mistake by Elle KennedyKyland by Mia SheridanManwhore by Katy Evans
Top Romances Of 2015
174th out of 520 books — 2,049 voters

More lists with this book...

Michelle
Oct 02, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Screenshot_21

There is no question that I love Christine’s writing or that she is nestled comfortably in the list of my favorite authors. So going into Shuttergirl I knew that I’d get exceptional writing but this would be different from the erotic nature of the Songs of Series’ that preceded this release.

11182795_10206324197174616_4892900837444118059_o

10898297_10206334392709498_6156229483995439507_n

Shuttergirl is a contemporary romance accompanied by a second chance love story that is set in Hollywood. Both sides of the city are revealed in this tale. The glamour, the blinding flash of the camera an
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! [AMAZON LINK]

photo Reiss Shuttergirl Title by SueBee_zpsbpslfsi2.jpg
 photo THP stat100 v3 xB by sb_zpsxwqrezle.gif
 photo THP story xB by sb_zps8p065uqf.gif
 photo THP scenic xBQ by sb_zpsulshsxyy.gif
! Shuttergirl (stand-alone) A paparazzi girl’s camera love affair with a Hollywood heartthrob, until he spots the girl behind the lens!

“This is the story of one celebrity and as much as the city, he is mine.”

Shuttergirl (stand-alone) is the against-all-odds love story of a Hollywood superstar and a paparazzi girl of the city. Together they are the Ying and Yang in what makes scandalous headlines, but also polar opposites in background and upbringing.

A-list actor
Wendy'sThoughts
May 22, 2015 Wendy'sThoughts rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: C.D.Reiss Fans, Romance
5 Tour De Force Stars * * * * * A Review in Two Parts

This reading experience hit me in two ways. The first was the solid, compelling story about two people who seemed to be so very different, yet when looked at closely and revealed... had so much more in common than would believed.

The second sensation was the remarkable way this was told by an author who transitioned seamlessly from one style of writing to another.

I would like to talk about the artistry of C. D. Reiss just for a moment. There
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Jan 18, 2016 ♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-for-review
Currently on SALE 99c for 1 week only! 18th - 24th January 2016
A STANDALONE full length contemporary ROMANCE!

It's Live! * Amazon US * Amazon UK * Amazon CA *
(Check price before purchase)

Shuttergirl is primarily a story about love, loving freely, without reservation or hindrance from the past or present. It's about taking a risk with your heart, a leap of faith for the ultimate prize. Shuttergirl is about letting love lead the way.

Laine and Michael initially met at Breakfront School a number of
MELISSA
May 20, 2015 MELISSA rated it really liked it
4.5 It's Always Been You Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

photo 848c04cd-2f2a-4c43-b46d-3c5f8979eeaa_zpsi37aqcfx.jpg

photo 0f725252-fb8f-4f72-9a56-6d33083ed942_zpslw2bidmo.jpg

-I knew this city like a lover, and she'd whisper her secrets to me.

photo a291c1e8-768f-4919-8bc0-fe478415b74e_zpsnidxgvp7.jpg

Laine Cartwright aka Shuttergirl is a 25 yr. old woman living in Los Angeles. She grew up as a lonely foster kid constantly moving from family to family, & never feeling like she belonged anywhere or mattered to anyone, except for a guy named Michael Greydon she went to high school with. There was a time in her life that he made her feel special. They were friends,
Suzanne
4.5 “O and W” STARS

I will never tire of CD's writing. I must have highlighted more than two thirds of this book with its poetic and illustrative words that just brought this story to three dimensional life!! Her words evoke emotions in me and awaken my senses. I felt like I was the voyeur, the "pap" capturing every detail of this original, gritty and poignant tale.

This was a departure from Christine’s other fantastic works -- a contemporary romance about star-crossed lovers that get a do-over.
Jasmine
4 STARS!

"She was a vortex. I’d avoided getting swallowed up in her once, and now, more than ever, I needed to avoid it again."

Having read and loving her Songs of Submission series, CD Reiss certainly doesn't come by as a foreign name to me in the erotica genre. Jonathan Drazen still remains as one of my top favorite dominant alpha-male and she never disappoints with her sensual reads that are intense yet emotional. While ShutterGirl is a departure from her usual writings and ventures into the
Beverly
May 21, 2015 Beverly rated it it was amazing

Even before we had a title or a cover I have been hearing about this secret project. Being the inquisitive/nosey person that I am I couldn’t wait to find out more. Sometimes with books the hype overshadows the story, that is definitely not that case here.

At first glance we see a paparazzi and an entitled celebrity, but we quickly learn there is so much more than meets the eye with these two. Laine Cartwright is a damaged girl, but she is also incredibly strong. She has taken all the “disadvantag
Catarina
4 Flashing Stars.

Laine and Michael knew each other from the past, but life threw them apart for ten years.
Now he’s one of Hollywood’s most acclaimed actors, she’s one of the best paparazzi in the business that always get the best photos.
When life gets them on the same way again, can they have a second chance or this time their lives are too different?

description

This book started out a little slow and I have to confess that in the beginning I was having some trouble connecting with the story. But I lik
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
4 Love Conquers All Stars

Falling in love, being in love and losing love are never easy. It stays with you and lays dormant, sometimes you can forget and sometimes you are given a second chance. ShutterGirl is a second chance love story.

Michael Greydon is Hollywood royalty
 photo 3c58b1e280a5d8771df4e9688faf5128_zps9xxy4hf4.jpg

and Lanie Cartwright is a paparazzi.

photo 4a6c824165e59f244c7488178a55b0fc_zps9rz5ekz0.jpg

The two are suppose to be like oil and water- they are not suppose to mix. But they knew each other a long time ago in high school. They had a connection but it wasn’t meant to be, it wasn’t
❥Lil
4.5 Oscar stars

I hereby introduce a brand new shelf (the Perfect Title) dedicated with love to this book!

photo Shuttergirl_zpsivjfq06f.gif

This is a story about first love, second chances, predetermined and redefined futures, ambition, the media and a city. LA, and mostly Hollywood, is a living, vibrant element in the story.
Maybe it’s what connects these two or separates them, maybe it’s their lover, maybe it’s the missing mother figure who embraced in its fold the heroine, Laine, and whispered its secrets.

photo Shuttergirl_collage_zpsszyxonjv.jpg

Author: CD Reiss
Release date: May 16, 2015
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

CD Reiss is known for her seductive and steamy erotica. No one can dispute she's at the top of her game when it comes to that genre. However, if you're looking for another erotically fueled story in Shuttergirl, you won't find that here. This is a straight contemporary romance standalone. In fact, the sex content is actually really minimum. But don't let that dissua
K. Bromberg
Apr 26, 2015 K. Bromberg rated it it was amazing
Another great read by C.D. Reiss. The flawless writing style you've come to love from her but with a totally different story that true to form, pulls you in, urges you to turn the page and find out what happens next. BUT here's the kicker...this story is different than her typical MO. ShutterGirl is about a second chance at love from the person who saw the real you way back when, even when you couldn't face yourself. C.D. brings that grit you expect but this time it's done differently and in suc ...more
C.D. Reiss
Jan 25, 2016 C.D. Reiss rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I can't wait to share Shuttergirl with you!
This book is my first contemporary romance. It's hot and steamy, with an intense second-chance love story. It's got all the CD Reissness you have come to expect, without the spankings ;)

ONE movie star on the cusp of greatness.
ONE broken girl who touched him.
TEN years to forget her.
A MILLION stories in Hollywood.

Arabella ~♡AB♡~
DNF @42%

I'm just not connecting to the writing or the characters. It's a case of personal tastes and unfortunately it's just not working for me.
April
G = Grabs you page by page
I = Irresistible author
R = Recommended to everyone
L = Love conquers all

What more can I say about C.D. Reiss and her unbelievable talent; nothing, I can't explain it the way some can, so I hope this non-review catches your attention ;p

For more Reviews, Free E-books and Giveaway
❤️ Diana ❤️
May 22, 2015 ❤️ Diana ❤️ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, re-reading, cdr-books
What can I say about CD Reiss' books. They are so well written. Flawless interwoven story telling and great characters with so much depth. One of my favorite things is her heroines, they are not whiny or Wishy washy. They are strong , confidant and intelligent women. Laine is no exception to that. Her past isn't perfect, in fact it is flawed, some might say ugly. Michael on the surface is an adorable actor from the perfect family , living the perfect life. Well we know that nothing and nobody is ...more
~ Stéphanie ~
”This is the story of one celebrity, and as much as the city, he is mine. “

I nearly went in this book blind and that's the best feeling EVER
I should do it more often ^^

I first knew the book as #TheHollywoodProject, then I read the blurb but it doesn't say much. You could not expect the kind of book it is with this blurb and IMO it's better this way.

As I want others to experience it the way I did, you could guess I won't tell you much about the plot

description

If you've read other books by CD Reiss, you sh
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

While ShutterGirl is a bit of a departure from CD Reiss’s more sensual writings, her foray into the contemporary romance genre has all the hallmarks I’ve come to expect from CD’s work: superb writing woven with complex characters and a captivating plot. This is an alluring second-chance love story about two completely opposite people who dare to fall in love.

Michael Greydon was born into a life of privilege. The son of two famous actors, he grew up Hollywood royalty. Rich, talented, and
Alex is The Romance Fox
I loved this book…
 photo d1cd933c433313c36c8c91f283e0852b_zpsqlilwlrr.gif
it’s one of those that will stay with me for a very long time and I will be reading it again and again!!!

Before I go into why this story touched me in the way it did..let me begin to say that the writing spoke to me…poetic, expressive, inspiring, emotional, lyrical, moving..I could go on forever – absolutely beautiful!

From the very beginning, I knew I was going to go on an amazing journey…
 photo download_zpse2bdno6e.jpg
Shuttergirl had so much going for me, most of all the two main characters…a Hollywoo
Ellen
4.5 - 5 Stars!! Another unexpected and fresh story from CD Reiss.

Shuttergirl is a bittersweet, second-chance love story that is at once sweet and poignant and gritty as well. The City of Los Angeles is as much of a main character here as Laine and Michael and adds a dark and gloomy undercurrent to the themes of the book. CD Reiss' City of Angels is not the shiny, glamourous world we might see on TV or in the moves or glossy magazines, but instead is a gloomy city of darkness beneath all the gl
Dana aka ♥Belladonna♥ Mrs. Jack Youder
I've been craving a good stand-alone for a while now. Funny how when I get one I want more, but that’s truly a testament to CD Reiss’ writing.

Laine Cartwright is a paparazzi and L.A. is in her blood. The city itself the only true home she has ever known. After her single mother was sent to prison, Laine was put on the never-ending merry-go-round of foster care. Families changed, friends came and went, but her city is ever constant. It’s very streets are her solace and her camera her friend.

“I wa

Rating: 4 "shutterbug" stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

photo B4448423-4531-4359-8B06-3184A73F2C15_zpsnwi0rrhf.jpg

My favourite thing about CD Reiss' ShutterGirl was the ShutterGirl herself, Lanie. She's the embodiment of the underdog. The hard working, unsung hero who was dealt a shitty hand in life but with sheer will, determination and a refusal to quit, ultimately finds her Hollywood ending.

“The camera? Fuck the camera. She’s got something e
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
4.5 Lights, Camera, Action Stars

Wow, what a totally unexpected, yet amazing tale from my fave author of spankings and dominant gingers! C.D. Reiss comes strong with this standalone tale of love between a man and woman whose connection is deep yet so wrong, or is it?

photo PhotoGrid_1432168461393_zpskjr2frza.jpg

What good could possibly come from the pairing of an up and coming A-list Hollywood heart-throb and a smart, street bred paparraza? While their pasts are not foreign to one another, their present day is nothing less than worlds apart
Salvatore
Nov 06, 2015 Salvatore rated it liked it
2,5-3 stars

Personally , I hadn't read before a book about paparazzi- celebrity, so this was a unique theme for me and because of that I was intrigued. I'm afraid, sadly, that even though it had a lot of potential , it felt like it was lacking.

I didn't feel connected to the characters and I wasn't enchanted by them , plus the cutting of the sentences was something that irked me.

This was my first read by Christine, but it won't be my last.

Copy was gifted in a giveaway by C.D. Reiss. Thank you so
Olga therebelreader
dnf 53%

The writing was good, the characters were interesting enough, but I didn't feel passionate about anything in the book. Unfortunately, it did not hook and excite me. I couldn't feel the chemistry between the hero and heroine. I gave it a fair shot, but I had to let it go.
L.E. Chamberlin
5 "Make Me Real" Stars!!!

Scroll down for review.

Shuttergirl is the kind of story I love best - the sweetness and pain in between the cracks of big, bold lives. Laine and Michael are on opposite sides of the camera in L.A., and they share a past that's as much fantasy as reality. To an outsider they're all wrong for each other, but their connection can't be cast aside. And so a tough girl with a fragile heart and a golden boy who's made a career out of putting his desires last are reunited.

CD Re
Ya~
May 22, 2015 Ya~ rated it did not like it
For the most part, ShutterGirl was a second chance romance out of thin air. The relationship between a hollwood superstar and a paparazzi lacked excitement. I couldn’t connect with both MCs from the start.

Likable characters? No.

I particularly dislike how Lanie’s backstory as a foster child was written and the reasoning behind her self-destructive behaviors at age 15 and 16. Plus, some serious issues involving Laine’s dark past were shallowly resolved. An underdeveloped storyline. Cheesy Oscar en
K.Marie
May 15, 2015 K.Marie rated it it was amazing
 photo ForbiddenSideHollywoodpic_zpstwsd6bhf.jpg

Watch The Video Trailer Here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u2QJ...

Sign Up For The FanBlast Here- http://bit.ly/1IGQZjM

Review to come!
Wendy ⏃: ✦●•CCBH Blogger•●✦
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

+++ 5 SHUTTERING STARS! +++
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“I own this city. I walk with its rhythms, run with its breath, speak its language. Los Angeles is my lover. It knows I’m a survivor…”

C.D. Reiss takes us into the world of the glitz and the famous. Where Hollywood stars run the town and the paparazzi feed off them.

We have Laine Cartwright the foster girl who was raised among the rich and rebelled her way out of the luxuries to become a paparazza to the stars, but there is one actor who holds her attention and
C.D. Canaries: ShutterGirl BR 5/20/15 ** worldwide Canary Read** 294 89 Aug 31, 2015 06:18PM
C.D. Canaries: **Introducing SHUTTERGIRL** and Teasers!! 89 71 Aug 04, 2015 10:18AM
C.D. Canaries: Shameless Book Awards - 1st Half of 2015 22 38 Jun 19, 2015 06:00AM
Fifty Shades Supp...: June 2015 ~ BOTM ~ Shuttergirl by C.D. Reiss 7 51 Jun 10, 2015 06:53PM
C.D. Canaries: May's G.I.R.L. Challenge!! 352 54 Jun 01, 2015 06:12PM
Bargain Basement: $100 Nook Gift Card & Spa Giveaway 1 13 May 20, 2015 02:19PM
Bargain Basement: Spa Giveaway 1 7 May 20, 2015 02:18PM
  • Ten Thousand Lies (Ten Thousand, #2)
  • Porter (Dick Dynasty Trilogy, #1)
  • Anything but Minor (Anything but Minor, #1)
  • Hollywood & Vine
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone, #2)
  • The Morbid and Sultry Tales of Genevieve Clare
  • Captive Films 2.1
  • Behind the Lens (Sexy, #1)
  • Never Let Go (Take My Hand, #4)
  • Breaking Skin
  • Vipers Den: Part One Piper & Kade (Viper's Den, #1)
  • Scarred
  • Wrapped in Shadows
  • Twisted Paths (Twisted, #2)
  • Tempting Bad
  • Little Moments (Second Chances, #2)
  • Point of No Return (Point, #3)
  • True Love Way

“His eyes were dirty thoughts, and his lips curved into a breach of etiquette.” 2 likes
“I got into my shoes with anticipation and laced them up with hope.” 1 likes