Start by marking “"I don't have time for this!" A Compassionate Guide to Caring for Your Parents and Yourself” as Want to Read:

“I don’t have time for this!” provides a roadmap for the journey into aging, illness, and dying that we will all travel—ourselves and the people we love. With gentle persuasion and moving stories from her family, her clients, and her years as a hospice volunteer, Dr. Katherine Arnup shows how to overcome the fear of aging and loss so we can show up for the challenges in ou ...more
Published April 9th 2015 by Life Changes Press

Be the first to ask a question about "I don't have time for this!" A Compassionate Guide to Caring for Your Parents and Yourself

Wendy
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book. The author writes in a very comforting style. The book certainly gives you a lot to think about but doesn't overwhelm or scare you about what might be coming up in the future. Instead, the book and the author make you feel like you can do this.
Katie Arnup
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I admit I am biased but this book blew me away. It is approachable, it is hard, it is funny, it is poignant. So many people need a book like this as our parents, grandparents, and friends face sudden or not-so-sudden illnesses. Filled with personal and relatable stories, this book gently guides you through a journey, one you realize you are already on yourself. Beautiful.
Katherine
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Frieda Lovig
Carly Rae
Feb 02, 2017
Paul Oppenheimer
Jan 31, 2018
Katherine's newest book, "I don't have time for this! A compassionate guide to caring for your parents and yourself" was published in April 2015.

She is a passionate advocate for hospice palliative care and has been a hospice volunteer for more than a decade.
Her favourite place in the world is Provincetown (specifically, Room 2 at the Cape Codder!) Her favourite activities are writing and being si