Start by marking “Afraid to Fly (Fearless, #2)” as Want to Read:
Afraid to Fly (Fearless, #2)

Afraid to Fly

(Fearless #2)

Dominic Trevino had been called a lot of things.
Manwhore.
Womanizer.
Slut.
But he was most notoriously known as Dirty Dom.
Because that was who he was…for the most part.
It just wasn’t all he was.

Published May 25th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Afraid to Fly, please sign up.
Sue Czarnomski Dom is Kami's best friend (Fear of Falling). They met in college and live together with their other friend Angel. His parents died in an accident when…moreDom is Kami's best friend (Fear of Falling). They met in college and live together with their other friend Angel. His parents died in an accident when he was a kid and he was sent to live with his abusive Uncle. He had a traumatic child hood and uses sex as a coping mechanism.(less)

Start your review of Afraid to Fly (Fearless, #2)
Christy
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!!!

description
“Desire is just concentrated madness of the body and soul.” she whispered. “Do you want my crazy?”

When I first read Fear of Falling, I remember being immediately intrigued by Kami’s best friend Dom’s character. I loved how kind and supportive he was with Kami, even though you could tell he had a lot of issues of his own. I wanted to see what those issues were. I wanted to see what made Dom tick. It’s been a while since I’ve read FoF, and I was very excited when I heard thi
Peek At My Book Review
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Rating: 4.5 ‘Let me Fly’ Stars

description

My Views : Wow… This is one of the best reads that I had this year.descriptionIt’s my first book by the author. I saw the cover and read the blurb and sold! This was one of the most refreshing story that I’ve read in a while and I’m so glad I decided to give it a chance. I must say that my eyes fainted when I read about the little M/M and Threesome scenes in this one. descriptionA little warning would have prevented my body temperature to skyrocket.

Style of writing : OMG! How in Holy
Rebecca
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“What was wrong cannot be made right. What was broken cannot be fixed. What was dirty cannot be erased.”

These are Dominic Trevino’s truths – an understanding that has seeped into his pores and consumed his soul ever since his innocence was stripped from him as a child, and those certainties prevent him from soaring…from rising above the guilt, the shame, the disgust of what he’s done and who he is.

Dominic’s a man whose quest for acceptance, a connection of any kind forces him to pursue any form
Shanny
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
description

The writing in Afraid to Fly was exceptional and the story absolutely amazing.
Dom’s story was completely heartbreaking. The flashback scenes were devastating to read, my emotions were all over the place while reading this book but I loved every single page!

Reading this book makes you realize how strong a person really is and what they can conquer when they have someone that loves them.
And I LOVED all the secondary characters!!It was so nice to see Kami happy after what she endured in book 1!
I r
Michelle

3 Stars!
 photo image.jpg1_3.jpg
After a couple of weeks I've simmered down and I decided to finish ATF so I can rate it. All that I have to add to my original review is that I'm very happy that Dom and Raven got their HEA. I loved Toby's POV at the end. I really hope we get more of him in the future! Like I said before I really did enjoy most of this book. SL Jennings is one of my favorite authors. The book was a 4 star read until the last 20%.
Original review below May 2015
No rating because I didn't finish this b
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Tu4 by sb_zpswhqu0wrf.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (5/5/2016)

Hulloooo hottie on cover! Stand-alone book 2.

BLURB:
Dominic Trevino had been called a lot of things.
Manwhore.
Womanizer.
Slut.
But he was most notoriously known as Dirty Dom.
Because that was who he was…for the most part.
It just wasn’t all he was.

His tortured past was as stained as his licentious reputation, and that was exactly how he’d designed it. It was the only way he knew how to cope with the ghosts that still kept him caged in horror and self-loathing. But
♡❀✦☞ Sammy ☜✦❀♡
5 'Brave' Stars!!

My Dominic Trevino and Raven West...

Dominic and Raven are my favourite couple EVER. ❤️
description

My favourite thing Dom said...
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
Apr 16, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: dying-to-read
I have been waiting for this book since 2013!!!
Shanda
May 01, 2015 rated it liked it
*I received an ARC courtesy of the author in exchange for an honest review*

2.5 Stars

WARNING part of this review could be considered spoilery. Read at your own risk.

Dom’s story was completely heartbreaking. The flashback scenes were devastating to read. The fact that Dom is still suffering, and is tortured by nightmares and lack of self-worth was extremely sad. Fair warning grab the tissues my heart broke for Dom and I am sure yours will too. I will advise to anyone that has a hard time reading
Nancy's Romance Reads
Apr 30, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: top-tbr
OMG, I LOVE this cover and this blurb sounds AMAZING!! Definitely my emotional kind of read! :D Release day: 26 May.

Blurb:

I’d like to tell you that I’m ok.

That the meaningless sex with countless women has somehow numbed the pain. That it’s deciphered the constant confusion in my head. Eased the self-hatred that sinks into my gut every time I look in the mirror.

I’d like to tell you that time heals all wounds.

That we evolve and grow into well-adjusted, stable adults, set on a path to right the w
Marcella
**Re-read: 9 May 2017**

Changing my rating to 4 stars LOL. I did enjoy this book, but I didn't realise how many OW scenes there were. Jesus. I understood Dom's need for sex yes...but every nitty gritty detail...whhhy.

And when's the next book for this series!?

**First review: 25 July 2015**

This was beautiful. Tortured. Judged. Misunderstood. Dominic is one hell of a character that has been through so much. Still a small boy who was a victim trapped in a hot, gorgeous body.
Still letting his past d
WOWZA!
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: toptbr
I gave this 5 stars because it hasn't been released yet and it has a 1 star rating grow up this is a career you're hurting with your unfounded rating.
Red Cheeks Reads
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
‘“I don’t care about the sins of you body. I only see the light of your soul and the fullness of your heart. That’s all I’ve ever seen. Even that day you saw me- shaking like a leaf in front of that crisis centre- I knew that I would grow to love you. Because there is just something inside you that makes it impossible not to.”’ – So says Kami Duvall the struggling heroine from the first book of her best friend and lost soul Dom.

I knew from the first book that poor misguided Dominic was going
J
May 28, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. A follow-up book to "Fear of Falling" which I really liked. There are carryover characters, but this book could easily be read as a standalone.

I'll admit that this book started very slowly for me, almost to the point I didn't want to finish it. But the last half really picked up and provided a real emotional punch. The main characters in this book are Dom and Raven. Dom is a totally messed up young man with a background of just horrible abuse. But, he is trying to help other at risk k
Geta
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, beautiful this story! I love this series!
Whitney Mcgregor (A Literary Perusal)
Afraid to Fly is the gut-wrenchingly beautiful follow up to Fear of Falling featuring my favorite character from this series, Dominic.

It's been so long since I read Fear of Falling, I had forgotten just how much I loved this amazing group of characters, especially Dirty Dom. I knew this book would be painful to read as we uncovered his past and I was right.

Dom projects a bit of a bad boy image to the women he hooks up with but he is anything but bad. He's actually one of my favorite male charac
D
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Afraid To Fly was my first S.L. Jennings book ever and I loved it. Won't be my last.
While the subject matter and the main character, Dominic's back story is quite a heavy subject matter, Jennings does a really good job of keeping us afloat without diluting the intensity of the story. Her variety of character personalities is one way she is able to do this. They are sincere character traits that we all can relate to on some level. I love that Dominic wasn't an all out alpha or a total wuss. He wa
Angie
Hmm...did I like this book? Mostly, yes. I loved Dom in Fear of Falling and I was excited he was getting his own story. I thought Jennings did a great job with his background. It all came together why he is the way he is. It was believable.

Dom meets Raven at a strip club where she's a waitress. Raven is beautiful and Dom wants her but she's immune to his charm. Ding! Ding! Ding! Can you say challenge? But as the story goes on we get the sense that Raven already knows Dom and it wasn't a pleasant
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Good lord. I have no idea how to rate this book even how to review this book without giving away something. I fell in love with Dom in Fear of Falling, but this book, god the intensity of it. It's heart wrenching, it's lustful, its got a deep love, it's sad. And mostly damn it, give me more to Dom & Raven!!!!!

Edit....
I've thought about this book a lot.... like a lot a lot :) I love Dominic Trevino, I may not have agreed with things he did at the end of this book, but my heart broke for him.....
Celesha Carillo
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well Dirty Dom is no more.
I really enjoyed this baby.
Full Review to come

Title: Afraid to Fly

Author: SL Jennings

Rating: 4.5 Stars

Review:

This book was so damn heartbreaking and amazing to read.

So, we meet Dirty Dom in book 1 of Fear of Falling and i really loved them there. This is Dom’s story and this story is emotional and very inspirational.

unnamed-1

As we know Dom is a manwhore and he is not afraid to tell you that he sleep around … ALOT!. But there is a vulnerability about Dom… the way he is, the way he loves, the way HE is.

Dominic Trevino has been living with dar
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
***6 Stars***

Fear of Falling is one of my top five favorite books of all time. All. Time. So, to say that I was extremely happy to hear that Dom was going to get his story is a complete understatement. You couldn't help but love Dom in Fear of Falling, but you knew there was so much more to him than what we saw. Afraid to Fly was perfect. Epic. Outstanding. The writing is flawless and the story is full of such emotion that I found myself crying without even knowing I was. I didn't want to do any
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
Spoiler-free review
Title: Afraid to Fly
Author: S.L. Jennings
Release Date: May 25, 2015
Rating: 4 – 4.5 stars
Cliffhanger: No

Hello, SL Jennings, I want my heartstrings back! Do we have such a body part? I think book lovers might have these special heartstrings that writers get to pull on. You managed to pull mine out of alignment while I was reading Afraid to Fly. I knew going into this book that “Dirty Dom’s” story was going to be devastating, dark, and filled with self-destructive behavior. Oh,
HMS
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars-What an emotional read! We met Dominic in Fear of Falling as the roommate of Angel and Kami. As the stereotypical man slut with a heart of gold in FOF, Dominic's horrible past is revealed in Afraid to Fly, and the motivation behind his actions. What heart wrenching narrative in the flashback scenes, just the worst kind of nightmare. Dominic meets Raven, our heroine, though a social services organization named Helping Hands. To kick up the emotion another notch, we meet Raven's brother ...more
Alison
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There is so much pain within Dom ,the main character , that it poured out of the pages and hit you straight in the heart. What a great story of learning to let yourself be loved and total bonus to reconnect with Kami, Blaine and Angel :) Also loved Raven !!!!
Carissa
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars! It didn't live up to the 1st one and I honestly forgot Blaine was even married before. I guess I forgot a few key notes and the fact that Kami and Angel were in a band.
Janie
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. A very emotional read, well written with good strong characters. Slow starting, but it does get there. Lots of back story and secondary characters.
Judy
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dirty Dom

Wow, I thought he was a dirty, heartless player, like his name states.... but boy was I wrong.

Sex was like a soothing balm to the remembrance of pain.
Pain, shame, disgust, humiliation. It helped to quiet them all.
Let me rephrase, he is a player.. but he is so much more than that. So much more than I thought he was going to be.
Wow! Get your tissues ready people!

I read the first book, Fear of Falling, which is where Dom was first introduced, but it had been such a long time that I really
Toni FGMAMTC
This story is very deep. I teared up several times. Dom is one of the sweetest and most tragic personas ever. I loved him right away. He had a total crap past and has turned it into motivation to save others from the same. The man he is now combined with all of the flashbacks of his experiences— Oh! My heart. Be prepared for floods of emotion.

I didn't connect as much with the female lead or her story. I think I absolutely loved this book until around 80 percent. I still really liked the story ov
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Bargain Basement: $25 Amazon Gift Card 1 9 May 29, 2015 02:58PM

• King of Souls (Verona Legacy, #2)
  • Wicked Beginnings (Wicked Bay, #1)
  • Prince of Hearts (Verona Legacy, #1)
  • Smiling Irish (The Summerhaven Trio, #2)
  • No Strings Attached
  • Savior
  • Forbidden
  • On the Ice (Stick Side, #1)
  • Baciami ancora
  • Eden in the dark
  • Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers, #1)
  • Another Life
  • Bad Reputation (The Damned Series Vol. 2)
  • Blurring the Lines: Nothing Left to Lose, Part II (Guarded Hearts, #2)
  • Mend (Waters, #2)
  • La distanza che ci separa
  • Aries (The Zodiac Queen, #1)
  • Unfaithful (Unfaithful #1)
S.L. Jennings is a proud military wife to her high school sweetheart, a mom of 3 rowdy boys, and a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary and paranormal romance. When she’s not obsessing over book boyfriends, you can find her hanging out with a few epic fictional loves at independent bookstores, or sipping a Bloody Mary at her favorite brunch haunt in Spokane, Washington. ...more

Fearless (2 books)
  • Fear of Falling (Fearless, #1)

News & Interviews

“Hello, mouth. This is foot. Now choke on that shit.” 1 likes
“However, Kami was just as haunted by her ghosts as I was about mine. She was a delicate thing. One wrong move and she would be running, willing to give up on her shot at true happiness. And marriage was a huge step—something I wasn’t sure she would ever be ready for. Shit, maybe she never could be ready for something like that. I know I couldn’t. “Dude,” 0 likes