Start by marking “Reprisal (Contrite, #2)” as Want to Read:

Reprisal

(Contrite #2)

CONTRITE –book two
REPRISAL

Clove Calloway thought she ended her nightmare life when she stabbed herself.

When the darkness took over, she thought she’d find peace. Seeing her husband die by the hands of his traitorous brother, Trent, destroyed her. Little did she know, her dreadful life without Turner is just the beginning. She awakens from one nightmare right into another,
Published June 25th 2015 by Kathy Coopmans (first published June 22nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Reprisal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reprisal

Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
This second book gave this story a conclusion that just fit. I'm not sure how better to describe it, but everything that happened, although not completely realistic, seemed real enough for the book. If that makes any sense.

I don't really want to rehash the plot but I did want to share my feelings/thoughts on the main characters.

Clove
What an odd character. She was at times strong and passionate, weak and whiny, fierce and loving, vulnerable and compassionate, etc. She was a hard character for m
Julie
5 SATISFYING STARS

This read was excellent. This is basically my recap of book #1 being not much more could be said without blowing it. I'm not very big on mysteries and going into this I had no idea what to expect but the synopsis got me. There was not one dull moment and it shocked me at almost every turn. This author wastes no time at all, taking off right away, which I was so delighted! It's frustrating when they take off so slow, I can say though, it hasn't happened to me a lot.

The minute Cl
Three Chicks
Jun 16, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Review by Jen Hagen

Wow…How about that ending to Contrite? I was beyond excited to find out there was going to be a sequel. I thought for certain I was going to have to live my life never knowing for certain if it was Trent or Turner whom Clove was talking to. Clove has given birth to a daughter, Journey, and the baby is 3 months old when the story begins. Clove has been held captive for over a year by Trent and a character I am purposely going to leave unidentified.

Trent’s not smart en
Nikki ღ Navareus
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: meh
Ashley
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Finally!! I get to finish the crazy twisted story of Clove, Turner and Trent. I have been waiting for this book since the minute I finished Contrite. I was elated to see it delivered to my Kindle for a review.

Here is what I love about Reprisal:
1. We find out who carried out this crazy plan and how deep it goes.
2. We see a lot of Clove's dad, and I really love him!!
3. Even with the huge cliffhanger in Contrite, we do see a HEA in Reprisal.
4. Lots of STEAMY HOTNESS!!

But my excitement quickly d
Bloggers From Down Under
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
** Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review **

Your alone.
Isolated.
Locked in a room with no way out.
Your husband is gone.
Dead.
Every move you make in that tiny room is being seen.
You are being watched.
You are being held against your will.
There is no escape.

How do you hang on to hope, when hope is slowly slipping through your fingers?
How do you fight?
How do you stay strong?
How do you escape?
How do you hang on to faith and hope that you will one day return to your family?

This is Clove's
The Art of Romance Promotions
Reprisal by Kathy Coopmans

5 Shocking Incredible Breathtaking Stars

Clove is heartbroken, the lost of her soul-mate Turner by the hands of his demonic brother. She thought that is all she could handle until the darkness and one nightmare after another enters her life.
Clove is put into the predictment to fight!!! She will not give up. So much betrayal so much pain.
Zack know his sister is out there and he will do anything to find her and safe her.
Will Clove be found by Zack? Will the all the secret
Books&Dreams
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
 photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

Reprisal is book 2 in the Contrite Series.
You should read book one in order to read this book .. I say it is not a standalone. .
I gave this book 5 blow your mind stars!!!

Holy what the heck Batman?? This story is going to blow your mind. It leaves off a few months after the first book, and this book is anything but ordinary or BORING! I picked it up and could NOT put it down. There are so many twists and turns and total mind F**K's you will be spinning for days! I needed this book in my very
Helen Dempsey
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Not for the faint hearted"

This book was where the action kicked in. The first (contrite) was a build up for what was to come in book 2.
Wow was it worth the build up! some part in the book that you read and think .. I never seen that coming.
The book is full of surprises and very addictive
WARNING: take small breaks to avoid feeling overwhelmed
Vixster
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
Contrite (first book) left me on the edge of my seat. As much as I wondered did that really happen I couldn't wait to find out how it was all gonna turn out. This sadly was too far fetched. It did a total 180, sorry but it didn't work for me. I couldn't wait to finish it, I skipped lots after I got the gist of the storyline :-(
Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
not as dark as the first one, but definitely gave me closure on book 1's fuckupidness.

Glad there was an HEA
Nicky
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this conclusion, we get all the answers but like the first book, this is like another tidal wave. Fasten your life vest and hold on for the ride. Fantastic.
Stefanie Kral
✯✯5 Non-Stop Crazy Stars!!✯✯

Wow!!! When I finished Contrite I was left screaming no and my jaw was dropped. I was stalking Kathy Coopmans praying there was going to be a book 2. When I saw there was going to be I almost jumped through the roof. Reprisal was just as crazy and twisted as before. Just when I knew what was going to happen think again!!

We pick up a year after Trent shot Clove's husband Turner his twin brother. Since then Clove has tried to kill herself. She was drugged until
Book Hangover Page
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kathy Coopmans you have left me utterly gobsmacked!! Me and my blogging partner were up long into the night discussing this book! With every new twist and turn in the plot line it left us literally screaming at our kindles one minute and sobbing the next!
This is the continuation of Clove's story from book one Contrite and this is not a standalone book, let me tell you this story is a monster of a story!
Katelyn and I have been left utterly speechless by this one am I right?
KATELYN: Oh my gosh, ye
Donna ~
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I will be the first to admit that I waited to read Contrite until I could read Reprisal. I personally am not a huge lover of cliffhangers. I love the darker mindset of these books that Kathy has given us. Reprisal MUST be read after Contrite or you will not be able to make heads or tails of the story.
Clove….what a strong woman. She has endured more than imaginable but was willing to sacrifice everything for her family. Now let’s clarify…not the twisted woman that called herself her mother or the
Renee Entress
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, murder, suspense, secrets, betrayal, pain, abuse and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Contrite (Contrite, #1)

This is more of Cloves story. This book picks up a few months after the last book. She and now her baby are being held. She is in a prison that is now her home until they decide what to do with her. She is told she will die as soon as her baby is ready to be handed over.
Lisa
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Okay so when Contrite ended I will tell you I immediately went to Kathy and said What in the F. Like so many other readers I'm sure did the same thing. However because I absolutely love that women she made us wait and holy cow was it worth the wait. So Clove husband twin psycho has her but it's not just him and man when this story unfold it will be like. NO FLIPPING WAY!!!!! Zake, Clove's brother has been searching for her for a year and has come up with nothing. Not one thing to find her and he ...more
Sherry
May 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Andrea Britton
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The first book in this series blew me away. It left my heart laying wide open. I will say that this one has closed up my open wound and has made my heart very happy!!

Clove has been put through the ringer. Everything has changed. But the one thing that hasn't changed is the love for Turner that keeps her going even if he's gone forever. The love of her family might be the only thing that helps save her.

Ahhhh these characters are written so well and the book had a great flow. I would say everyon
Renee at Book Happiness
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this for an honest review.. I have to say that this book (really these 2 books) took me on a ride I soon wont forget.. This authors writing just really blows me away

This story will pull you in just like the first one did.. This book has just a bit of everything and just WOW. I sit here find it very hard to review this without giving spoilers so I will just say this WOW and make sure you read Contrite before taking this one on.. JUST WOW
Judy Miracle
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
One hell of an ending to Clover's story. She is being held captive she has lost her husband. She has one reason to live and that is Journey. This book holds even more twists and turns than book one and it just gets better and better. You think you know how it is going to end? You have no idea.

This is a must read and Kathy is an author to be on the lookout for. Cant wait to read even more books from her.
K.M. Lowe
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
After being confused after finishing book 1, I just had to read book 2 to get the story. I am glad I did, because I preferred this book, so much more to the first. Clove and Turner have went through, and this book see's them being reunited after the chaos of book 1. I was glad to see this book turn out the way it did.
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved it such an amazing roller coaster as the first one and still twists i didn't expect really enjoyed this book as much as the first
Michelle Moreno
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Thank goodness for this book! After reading the last book I wasn't sure where it could possibly go but it was great.
Meghana Sarathy
It's hard for me to rate this book. I liked it in parts and didn't in some parts. The parts I liked, I liked a lot and the ones I didn't were crucial for the story structure so I'll go with neutral 3 stars. Spoilers follow!!
This book kick starts where the epilogue of the first book ends. We learn about Clair's pregnancy and then there is a year back where Journey is born ( It is a very nice name) Clair is confinement to a house with Trent and the true mastermind behind the whole plan - Tina( Cla
Lidia
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
This is my review of the audio version of the book as posted on Audible:

Book 2 of the series is definitely better than book 1 and I'd give it 3.5 stars for the story, really.

I liked the criminal part a lot - it's full of suspense, undercurrent emotions and psychological games. There is an unexpected twist, when all the plotting and betrayal comes out into light and we find out who the real Manipulator was, and that's a great plus from me. The "romantic" part is still a bit repetitive, though luc
Kelley Hazen
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
All I can say is 'wow.' I couldn't believe it when I finished it - particularly as this story REPRISAL, CONTRITIE Book 2, follows up to CONTRITE Book 1. Kathy Coopmans gives us such a flair here - changing points of view, changing time lines. It's sexy, provocative, gut-wrenching, heart-stopping all at the same time. It was challenging to record brothers - so very different and yet as the story indicates, identical twins. I loved the way Coopmans takes us on this roller coaster ride of a thrille ...more
April
Reprisal
: Kathy Coopmans

I have tried multiple times to listen to this book. I made it to the first hour and twenty minutes when the erotica began. The plot was interesting, but I couldn't get past the graphic sexual content. I am sure if the listener likes that genre they would enjoy the book. I'm not one of them.

The narration was well done. The characters were well portrayed. Kelley Hazen always gives her best.

I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left t
Sweetpea
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reprisal picks up where Contrite (Book 1) left off and I advise listening to the previous book first. Without giving away anything, there are some major plot twists that I didn't see coming. The twisted drama finally ends for Clove in a very unexpected fashion. This was a very satisfying follow up and worth the listen. Kelley Hazen as narrator was terrific once again. I really enjoyed Reprisal: Contrite, Book 2 and would recommend it.

I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and
Lillie
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

Wow! What a wild ride these two books have taking me on! This duet has been totally different than anything I have read so far! I absolutely loved this story! The author took me on a truly amazing journey with this story! I highly recommend these two books to everyone who wants to read something amazingly and wonderfully good! I love this author and I can't wait to read more!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Keystrokes
  • 5 Stages of Riley Winters
  • Drunk on You (Happy Endings Resort, #3)
  • Liquid Courage (Liquid Regret, #2)
  • A Taste Of Country (Country Love #2)
  • Fading Away (Anchored Hearts Vol. 2.5)
  • One Night In Paris (Front Man, #2)
  • Cursed Heart (Cursed, #2.5)
  • Scandal (The Reckless Series #3)
  • Needing You (Needing You, #1)
  • Hit 149 - Anna Brookes First Chapter (HiT, #1)
  • The Critic
  • Reality Girl: Episode One (Behind the Scenes, #1)
  • Seducing Santa
  • Listed: Volume IV (Listed, #4)
Kathy is a USA Today Best Selling Author. A wife, mother, and book nerd. She loves chatting with her readers and making new book friends. You can visit with her and other book lovers in her reading group.

Contrite (2 books)
  • Contrite (Contrite, #1)