Start by marking “Host Writer (The Archivist, #1)” as Want to Read:
Host Writer (The Archivist, #1)

Host Writer (The Archivist, #1)

When Zoe Edevane takes time away from Oxford to fulfill her mum’s dying wish all she knows about family and life changes forever. Her mother’s peculiar wish requires Zoe to obtain a grave rubbing in the dead of night. Everything about Zoe’s existence is altered when she meets the unearthly owner of the grave and one of his descendents, a mysterious and handsome young man w ...more
Published April 14th 2015 by Wendy F Kuehn (first published April 8th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Host Writer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Host Writer

Start your review of Host Writer (The Archivist, #1)
Cris
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I seldom, if ever, give a review....but since the author of this book is a friend and neighbor of my daughter, Tammi ....and it was at her request I read the book to begin with....here I go! Being our family genealogist these last 40+ years makes this book even more interesting as the thoughts of being able to talk too and see not only historic figures but the salt of the earth people in ones own family was a very interesting concept in itself....let alone the idea of "Archivists" living among u ...more
Julie
Jun 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Received the book for free through the Goodreads giveaway.

Host Writer made a very fascinating book with an excellent blurb! A book about a special select group of humans who are able to raise spirits and interview them and write down their history.

The book proves to be just as interesting and gripping. The characters are good, the plot nicely developed and really well written. There is a nice mix of description and dialogue.

I feel that the ending could have been a bit tighter. The ending leave
Tammi
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a fun and interesting book to read! It had a mix of James Bond and Pirates of the Caribbean throughout the story. I enjoyed the main characters and the fact that you kept guessing at some of their true intentions. The intrigue was there through the whole book and I like the way it ended with an opening for the next book in this new series. I don't want to reveal too much, but I can't wait to read the next one! ...more
Joann
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads-win
Thanks to a Goodreads giveaway, I received an autographed copy of this book.

This is quite the book! There's a lot going on, but the author manages to keep it all clear and easy to follow. There's some mystery, suspense, paranormal characters and a bit of romance too.

I feel it's a great YA read as well so will be passing it on to my teenagers.

Looking forward to the next in the series!!!

Linda
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This book has an interesting and intriguing premise. A person who can communicate with the departed and will become their ghost writer, so to speak, to take down their stories. This is the first of a projected series and I look forward to the next installment.

This was a Goodreads giveaway and I highly recommend it.
Melissa
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a Goodreads giveaway.

This book is amazing, I had difficulty to put it down and sleep. It has action from the first page to the very end of the book. Reading it is like seeing a movie. And, seriously, a special kind of humans who can talk to ghosts to write their life stories, the idea is brilliant! I loved loved loved it, can't wait for the second book!!
Raquel Hinz
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the suspense of this book and felt a deep love for some of the characters. The ending ties things together perfectly while leaving enough loose ends for the sequel. I'm excited to see how the story continues in the next book. ...more
Mark
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Still reading this book but so far it doing well.
Just finished this book. Starts of well and as a good story line ,but its a little disapinting at the end
as it seems the last three capters are a little on the amither side
Amria
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Incredibly interesting and unique story! I loved the elements of mystery and adventure intertwined with familial love and romance. I’m a sucker for character development and it was fun getting to know theses characters as the story progressed. Multiple unexpected twists in the story captured my attention. One revelation caught me so off guard I had to reread it and make sure I completely understood. Overall, a well written an enjoyable read with an excellent ending. Excited for book two!
Gina
I received this book as a first read. The story was original and interesting. I liked the different supernatural slant. The pace was really slow though. More action and more dialogue would have kept it flowing better.
Tammie Smith
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I read this book in two days. I it was hard to put down. It was a adventure and it never slowed down even to the end. It is about a secret secret society that is passed down from parent to child and all the thrill that involves. I will wait for the next one to come out. I won this on Goodreads.
Natasha
Pat
Stella Clarkson
Julia Conway
Apr 16, 2015
W. F. KUEHN is a world traveler who loves history and looks for the story in everything she experiences. She is a lifelong student of literature, studying not only the words of great authors, but visiting the places that inspired their creativity. Her greatest achievement is raising a family to have a deep love and appreciation of the arts, both visual and written. Her hobbies include music, with ...more