Start by marking “Steel Scars (Red Queen, #0.2)” as Want to Read:
Steel Scars (Red Queen, #0.2)

Steel Scars

(Red Queen #0.2)

Published January 5th 2016 by HarperTeen

Start your review of Steel Scars (Red Queen, #0.2)
~Poppy~
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
"Will you oath yourself to the Scarlet Guard?"
"On one condition."
"The Guard does not bargain."
"This isn't a request to the Guard, but to you."
"And that is?"
"What's your name?"
"My name is Diana....
Are you with us, Shade Barrow?"
"I'm with you, Diana."

"Then we will rise."
"Red as the dawn."

I love Shade!! I love Farley!! I expected so much more.... I gave three stars for three scenes I loved(All the scenes with Shade, of course:P). The other part was so boring! Damn.. I want a book of their stor
Pearl Angeli
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016-reads
I thought by reading Steel Scars I would be in for a badass story. Nope.

It was the most boring novella I've read for a YA fantasy book. Farley's character is dull and boring. The only one that made this novella quite interesting is Shade Barrow, but everything is disappointing.

I don't know if I'm the only one who has this problem, but the narrative reports by the Scarlet Guard are too difficult to comprehend. I don't even know what those are all about. They are too technical!

I expected some reve
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
2 Red as the dawn ★'s

“Will you oath yourself to the Scarlet Guard?”
“On one condition.”
“The Guard does not bargain.”
“This isn't a request to the Guard, but to you.”
“And that is?”
"What's your name?”
“My name is Diana...
Are you with us, Shade Barrow?"
“I'm with you, Diana.”
“Then we will rise.”
“Red as the dawn.”

Novellas have never been my thing but I was really hoping this would be as good as Queen Song (o.1) but it wasn't. Anyways, that being said this novella is Farleys POV. Farley has ne
Norah Una Sumner

description

I'm giving this story 3.5 stars simply because the mission reports were hard to understand (not sure if they were even that necessary) and the first half of the story was a bit boring. But as soon as Shade *collective sigh* entered the story I was hooked. I love the connection he and Farley have and I really enjoyed reading their dialogues.

description

I love Farley. I love Shade. I can not wait to read about them in Glass Sword.
Ahmad Sharabiani
Steel Scars (Red Queen 0.2), Victoria Aveyard
In this digital prequel novella set in the Red Queen world, Captain Farley exchanges coded transmissions with the resistance as she travels the land recruiting black market traders, smugglers, and extremists for her first attempt at an attack on the capital. She was raised to be strong, but planting the seeds of rebellion in Norta is a tougher job than expected—until she stumbles upon a connection that may prove to be the key to the entire operation:
Neil (or bleed)
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: novellas
Farley is a great character but I'm afraid she's boring and one-dimensional in this novella. I am disappointed. She really felt flat and dull for me. Thank the gods, Shade is here because somehow, he lessen my annoyance. If not for him, I will probably gave this novella a 1-star rating.

And don't get me started with the reports thing-y about their missions because fucking hell, it's not engaging at all rather it brings a whole new level of annoyance to me. Oh please, spare me.

Now, I really thoug
Pang
Jun 12, 2015 marked it as to-read
What is this? Maven POV. pls
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Okay, folks, let’s keep this short and simple!

I’m usually a huge fan of Victoria Aveyard’s books but “Steel Scars” definitely wasn’t my cup of tea. Since it was from Farley’s POV I expected to find out more about how she and Shade met and how they fell in love. Much to my chagrin this unfortunately didn’t happen though and probably is the reason why I was so disappointed in the end. =((((

What I expected:
- The background story about how Farley and Shade met
- Details about them falling in love
- I
Sara XuHerondale
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am so weak. I can't even give it a lower rating because of Shade. I just can't. I love him so freaking much!
Donita Luz
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
"We succeed where others can't. We survive. Now I must do the same alone. Now I have to protect others, taking their lives-and deaths-onto my shoulders."

Steel Cars, on the other hand was so boooring I find myself dozing of a lot of times. It actually took me 3 days to finish reading it, a real feat, considering it was just a novella with more or less a 100 pages.

This Novella was from Farley's, The Scarlet Guard Captain's POV. I was really surprised since her character here was so different f
Azbaqiyah
Jan 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I don't understand what am I reading!!! Maybe I'll reread it again after I read the Red Queen.
Nur Raihan
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was ok

Unfortunately, I didn't enjoyed this novella as much as I enjoyed Queen Song. It just doesn't work for me. It is about the Scarlet Guard and the operations between the Reds and stuffs. I just couldn't connect with it. Now back to rereading Red Queen before continuing to Glass Sword! Hopefully I'll like the story more the 2nd time round :)
Penny
DNF

Not my thing. I was not interested, I got bored.
Katerina Kondrenko
6 out of 10

ревью на русском/review in russian

100 pages, nice length for a bonus!

Farley (this is a surname, btw) will tell you how she and her father came to Norta from Lakelands, what it's like to be a part of Scarlet Guard and how she started to recruit local Reds. We won't know what exactly did Colonel Farley, how his wife and other daughter died, how he and Farley got their scars... I thought we would.

For me the second 50 pages out of 100 were better and more interesting, 'cause there w
Radmila
Feb 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories, ya, fantasy
3,3 STARS!
Carrie
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Steel Scars is a companion novella to the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard. In this second of two novellas to be read between Red Queen and Glass Sword we get a closer look at Farley and the beginnings of the rebellion. Travelling the land recruiting for the rebellion it is shown here her stumbling upon meeting Mare Barrow.

Red Queen is already a series that I found could drag quite a bit when I was reading it but this novella was even worse. Farley just wasn't very interesting at all and th
Ashley Gallegos
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Finding out how Shade and Farley met was awesome! I just wish I had known about this novella before book two. It would have helped give so much more depth to the story!
Praiz Sophyronja
Jul 31, 2015 marked it as to-read
YAAYYYY!! A 100 Page Novella of Red Queen ?!
More of Farley the BADASS rebel?! YES PLEASE.

"Farley was raised to be strong, but being tasked with planting the seeds of rebellion in Norta is a tougher job than expected. As she travels the land recruiting black market traders, smugglers, and extremists for her first attempt at an attack on the capital, she stumbles upon a connection that may prove to be the key to the entire operation—Mare Barrow."

I. CAN. NOT. WAIT!!!
Thyago | MrsMargotBlog
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked to know a little more about the Farley character, she was a character that I found quite interesting in the Red Queen and it makes sense to know her story and we get to know better her connection with the Mare's brother.
Fatima  Havilliard
A book with Farley's pov? Yes, please.

I really like Steel Scars, but mostly the second half of the story because I was more connected with the characters you know Shade, Mare, etc.

And it was great can meet the Lakelands, and know more about Farley's past and More of Shade (Now I love him) Seriously Victoria, can you stop creat more perfect man?
Ezgi Tülü
Jun 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Anyone too interested in the Scarlet Guard
Shelves: ebooks, novella

It was interesting seeing how the Scarlet Guard operated (before Mare came along and fucked shit up) but that was about it. I was extremely bored reading this, mostly because Farley almost doesn't have a personality. It's from her POV, but it could've been someone else entirely and it wouldn't have made much difference.
Vivian Chen (Vivian's Book Pavilion)
This is post originally on Vivian's Book Pavilion

To be honest? I’m not really in to this story, just no. It’s not bad, in fact, some of the part is really great. Yet, I really had some personally problem with those military code, I’m just so sick of reading information from the code. Personal problem, so…don’t be affected by that.
I must be like the Colonel when I assemble my team. I am their captain, their commander, and I must be perfect. No room for mistakes and no hesitation. For
Misty
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I'll admit, I didn't particularly like Farley in Red Queen, however, in this novella, told in her point of view... Love Her! I am so glad we got to see so much more of Shade in this; I couldn't wait to read more about him in the sequel coming up! Shade and Farley... sigh!!! I loved the whole setup of this story - the Scarlet Guard is majorly impressive! And Farley's dad - totally saw that from the beginning but is still really cool and will make for some good reading in the sequel!! I absolutely ...more
Dominique
Jan 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-reader, 2016, ya, novella
I read Queen Song en Steel Scars this week and now I´m really curious about Red Queen!
Rachida
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: novella
This was so incredibly boring!
The only parts I liked were when Farley met Shade and the brief moment she met Mare.
But for the most part it was a struggle to finish..
Ashe
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
May 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
Read in the Cruel Crown bind up.

The second story is told from the point of view of Captain Farley and starts just before Red Queen with some overlap in the timeline which the main reason I think you should read the full length book first. I was really excited about this story and getting more of an inside track on the Scarlet Guard but I have to admit I was a little disappointed. We get to see a few familiar faces but nothing much actually happens so I found myself getting bored during this one.
Shirlyn
CAL'S POV PLS!!!!!
✨ A ✨
Farley was never a character I had any sort of attachment to. Not until the last chapter of GS when I realised she and Shade were in love.

This story was a bit boring for me up until she meets Shade for the first time.

I never realized that their feelings started way back then. That's what made this also so sad because of how their (Shade and Farley's) story ends.

• Fracture Me (Shatter Me, #2.5)
  • The Favorite (The Selection, #2.6)
  • The Guard (The Selection, #2.5)
  • The Queen (The Selection, #0.4)
  • The Prince (The Selection, #0.5)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Lost Sisters (The Folk of the Air, #1.5)
  • The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass, #0.4)
  • Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)
  • The Assassin and the Healer (Throne of Glass, #0.2)
  • The Assassin and the Empire (Throne of Glass, #0.5)
  • Reveal Me (Shatter Me, #5.5)
  • The Assassin and the Desert (Throne of Glass, #0.3)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Shadow Me (Shatter Me, #4.5)
  • The Epilogue (The Selection, #3.1)
  • The Assassin and the Pirate Lord (Throne of Glass, #0.1)
  • How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories (The Folk of the Air, #3.5)
I'm an author/screenwriter who likes books and lists. This site is the nexus of my universe.

I wrote the #1 NYT bestselling series RED QUEEN and my next series, REALM BREAKER, will be out in May 2021.

The genres I'm into include YA, Fantasy, Historical, Adventure, Apocalyptic - if people are dying, I'm buying.

Red Queen (4 books)
  • Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)
  • Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)
  • King's Cage (Red Queen, #3)
  • War Storm (Red Queen, #4)