Start by marking “Carpe Demon (Carus, #3)” as Want to Read:
Carpe Demon (Carus, #3)

Carpe Demon

(Carus #3)

As an ambassador with the Supernatural Regulatory Division, Andy McNeilly is responsible for acting as the Liaison for the Vancouver Vampire horde. The problem? She detests the Vampire Master, and the SRD can’t discover the beast she keeps locked inside.

After a menacing Demon throws an important Vampire event into chaos, Andy finds herself sniffing out crime scenes to ide
Published May 15th 2015 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Carpe Demon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carpe Demon

Stacy
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Andy's past isn't all roses and daffodils as we know and in CARPE DEMON she comes face to face with some pretty hard memories. She has to work through not only her feelings, but how she will defeat one of the foes that made her life miserable all those years ago. You have a lot of action to look forward too.

The love triangle continues in CARPE DEMON and it's probably my least favorite part of the book because I hate the whole situation that Andy is put in. I wish the relationship between Andy an
Dianne
Torn between two lovers, one who could betray her at any time and one how seems willing to do anything to have her. Andy’s life is still filled with humiliation, degradation and chaos. She knows Wick is bound to the Master Vampire and could be forced to do unspeakable things to her. She also knows that Tristan seems to truly care for her and her well-being, but how does he always seem to show up when she needs support the most?

A demon from the pits of hell is creating chaos in the human realm an
Yellagirlgc
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5
I almost feel that if I'd read the previous books this one would've been better than it ended up being. Andy running around with all of her animal feras and love interests. After only a few pages in I knew Andy was the kick ass type of female I'd love. Being able to change into so many animals sounds so cool! I really need to get my hands on the first two books so I can fully get to know my new friends.
I received a copy for review for an honest review.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

Seize the Demon? More like flee from the Demon.

Andy is back in book three which starts off pretty much right after the second book finishes. Do not read this book out of order. Read this series in order to enjoy it fully. As the new ambassador to the Vampires for the Supernatural Regulatory Division (SRD), Andy is neck deep in vampire politics. The Master Vampire for Vancouver, Lucien, is one of the main supporters of a demon-vampire alliance. Andy is there to ensure nothing happens. When a dem
Marinda
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author and Paranormal Romance & Authors that Rock for an honest review so here goes.
Andrea "Andy" McNeilly is an Ambassador to the largest and strongest vampire clan in Vancouver. She belongs to the Supernatural Regulatory Division and is also a shifter with more than one animal and if the voices of her animals don't drive her crazy all the other problems she's having just might. She's blood bound to a master vampire she can't stand, has a sex demon named Sid w
Runningrabbit
Another fine installment from JC in the Carus series. The series continues to develop on and doesn't stagnate in it's own drivel.

I would have liked the introduction of a couple of new characters, rather than just continuing on with the significant handful. Aside from this slight lack, the novel kept the story moving and the action happening.
Jeannie Zelos
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Carpe Demon, A Carus Novel: Book 3, J. C. McKenzie

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre:  fantasy paranormal. Romance

Well, onto book three and of course when I got to the end I feel like I need book four now – luckily for me the author had given me an ARC, and for all of you who are just as impatient it’s out soon, next month in fact, so not too long to wait. Once again the story plunges straight into the dramas. Its a series that full of action, with poor Andy right in the centre. She
Douglas Meeks
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Andrea (the heroine of this series) is wonderful, but many of the secondary characters are either weak/useless when help is really needed or horribly evil as the disgusting Clint and Lucien. Throw in almost everyone she meets is unlikable or worse and you have a book that without an amazingly good plot I would never have bothered to finish. Throw in ONCE AGAIN (WTF??) a dose of humiliation and the enforced servitude demonstrated in this novel it almost made me remove more than 1 Star. If you rea ...more
C.J. Burright
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
See my review at Geeks in High School...
Eva Millien
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Andy McNeilly is responsible for acting as the Liaison for the Vancouver Vampire horde which is a problem because she detests the Vampire Master and has to keep her beast locked inside in this thrilling Carus novel.

There’s a menacing Demon on a rampage and Andy’s been tasked to deal with the Demon by the Master Vampire and the reader can’t help but get caught up in the thrills as what Andy discovers chills her bones. The excitement grabs readers by the seat their pants from the very first chapte
Llaph | No Frill | No Shill
I'm such an emotional wussy when it comes to love triangles--which is why I try to avoid them!
The one in this story was inevitable, but well worth me having to read about it. The paranormal aspects of the series are interesting, some that are really unique to me, along with the familiar idea of shifters, werewolves, demons, vampires, and well a lot of other beings.
I rather like her idea for shifters and them having to have a companion animal in order to shift. The idea of a Carus and the potent
Wendy-Book Lovers 4Ever
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure who is more ready for Andy to pick a mate and sex it up- me or her. Book three starts right were we left off except now the past comes back to slam Andy in the face. A horrible demon that controlled Andy's past Alpha is back and he wants to take over the vampires and Andy. When her master vampire sends her to discover who and what the demon wants, Andy is willing to risk anything to kill this demon once and for all.
I honestly enjoy the story line of this series but I am still waitin
Brianne
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Lots of action and self discovery and an overall exciting story!
I always have an attachment to the first guy on the scene, Wick seems perfect for Andy, he would do anything for her except for the problem of being controlled by Lucien the Master Vampire who has already used that against them... but I still love them together. I have also enjoyed getting to know Tristan throughout this book, and can see that they are great together as well, to the point where I am not sure if I
Airwreckah
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Fawn
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh Andy. What a sad ending to this section of the series. The trouble with caring about others means that decisions become harder and the options become slimmer. Andy thinks she is alone, yet she has slowly been making allies and friends. The way this book is written keeps pace with the first two. The speed of the story is consistent and the story line still keeps you hooked. I'm off to the next book. I was given this story for an honest review and this is mine.
C.A. Szarek
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great book.

Ugh this series is awesome it frustrates! lol. It is a fantastic read with action and lovely tension. It wrenches at the heart as well and makes me want to read one moment and walk away the next because I'm afraid to see what happens!!! But it's funny and snarky too! That being said, I can't wait to start book 4.
Stacy Gallina
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow twists and turns

We'll, it is 3am and I just finished reaching the book. I could not put it down. It also did not turn out as I expected, at all. I am not sure if I am happy with her choice not the final of it. Yet, I cannot wait to see how it all turns out. I really cannot wait for the next book, this one just made me want more. I am already going into withdrawals.
Katie O'Sullivan
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this story and these characters - the world J.C. creates is rich, vibrant and real, populated with colorful supernatural characters of every stripe and type.

If you haven't tried any of her books yet, pick up the first one today! Fans of Charlaine Harris will love J.C. McKenzie's take on shifters, vamps and demons.
Angela Hayes
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
JC McKenzie does it again and she does not disappoint. Building on the success of her two previous books, JC certainly puts Andy through the paces in this third installment of her Carus series. A fast paced page turner with a heart wrenching twist, Carpe Demon guarantees that you'll be waiting rather unpatiently to see what JC throws at Andy next.
Rebekah Hayes-champagne
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

This series is one of the best I've read! The characters, the plot, the writing all a plus. There is plenty of mystery, action, sneak, humor and romance it is a perfect blend.
Elusive
What can I say just wow fucking AMAZING!!! What a turn around from book 1. It took me by surprise how good this book really was. Finally we get so a lot of the juicy parts where Andy isn't just a pathetic mess!!! I loved this book and can't wait for the next one
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

Fun, fun, fun! And it bears repeating: what a fun ride this book is!

Read full review in the 2015 July/August issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Mita
May 25, 2015 rated it liked it
SPOILER ALERT:

the ending SUCKS.

Team Wick all the way
Bobbi
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm not going to lie I cried when she left wick for the last time. way to attached to the book lol
Shaye Ensign-moon
Aug 09, 2016 rated it liked it
david l hutchison
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Still a good writing but am hoping for a brighter #4.

I don't care for the ending but I don't know any other way to end it. The story is still outstanding and the characters right on the money but the heroine is catching check with no stop. I hope volume four becomes more bright in context.
Tory Michaels
DNF - while I enjoyed (mostly) what I read, there was just too many names, faces, and relationships thrown at me to come in on the 3rd book. I'd probably thoroughly enjoy it if I had read the first two books in the series. My loss.
E Varady
Apr 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Finally some change

For those of you who struggled like me throughout the first two books because of the main character constantly choosing to be a victim, there is hope. Finally, finally she finds her lady balls and makes some changes in the last chapter.
Shannon
Jan 15, 2016
Gwen
May 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Wild Card  (Bite Back, #3)
  • A Vampire's Garden of Stones (Vampire Guardians #1)
  • Haven (The Alpha's Captive, #4)
  • Crowned by Fire (Shadow Thane, #3)
  • Souls of the Damned (Kat Redding, #5)
  • Coven Leader (Hayle Coven #19)
  • Midnight Terrors (Knight Blood, #1)
  • Lost Roar (Shifting Crossroads, #12)
  • Driven (The Warrior, #2)
  • Mere Mortal
  • Chasing Midnight (The Dark of Night, #2)
  • The Lightning Prophecy (The Lightning Witch Trilogy #1)
  • Undercover Magic (Shifty Magic, #2)
  • Shadowed (Fated, #3)
  • Sweet Chaos (Kali Sweet, #2)
  • Cry Of The Wolf (Eye Of The Storm, #2)
Born and raised on the Haida Gwaii, off the West Coast of Canada, J.C. McKenzie grew up in a pristine wilderness that inspired her to dream. She writes Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance.

Carus (5 books)
  • Shift Happens (Carus, #1)
  • Beast Coast (Carus, #2)
  • Shift Work (Carus, #4)
  • Beast of All (Carus, #5)
“If you don't do doggy, you don't do demon” 3 likes