Start by marking “Off the Clock (Pleasure Principle, #1)” as Want to Read:
Off the Clock (Pleasure Principle, #1)

Off the Clock (Pleasure Principle #1)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  1,570 Ratings  ·  237 Reviews
FROM THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR OF THE LOVING ON THE EDGE NOVELS, THE FIRST IN A SENSUAL NEW SERIES

Overtime has never felt so good…

Marin Rush loves studying sex. Doing it? That’s another story. In the research lab, Marin’s lack of practical knowledge didn’t matter, but now that she’s landed a job at The Grove, a high-end, experimental sex therapy institute, she
Published January 5th 2016 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Off the Clock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Off the Clock

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Stars

Is it hot in here or was it this book? I should know by now to expect sizzling hot romance from Roni Loren but this was absolutely smoking', uncomfortably aroused, don't read in public sort of hot! Dirty fantasies, role playing, and a hero dubbed "The Orgasm Whisperer". Yeah. Suffice it to say I really
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 4 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I'm happy to take things slow since you're new to so much. But that doesn't mean I don't think about hauling you up against a wall, hiking your skirt up, and fucking you like I own you. I think about it. I think about it. All. The. Fucking. Time."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Marin Rush hasn't had it easy in life. Still, she manages to put herself through school. It's precisely at this school where sh
Elle
3* STARS!

My first read from Roni Loren. I was so curious about this book because someone's review really fascinating me. I didn't realize this book would be thatttt long. Just look at that pages *shudders*. Off the clock was divided into 2 parts. Well, it was the past and the present. I have some difficulty to process this book. The doctor and biological isn't my things and it was quite unexpected in the story.

Marin Rush met someone who's gonna changed her life in the future. The past they had d
Sabrina
Dec 03, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

A very sexy and unique story. I liked the characters and the overall story, but I wanted a little more chemistry between Donovan and Marin. The dirty talk was off the charts hot and the sex was smoking, though, and that made this book good. There was little story so I kept hoping for more of one, but what we did get was good.
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.

Prepare to squirm, ladies! Roni Loren didn't hold back with her newest, Off the Clock. A deliciously decadent start to a new series and one that kept me up all hours of the night with gloriously dirty thoughts going through my mind. Loved it!

Alright so the quick of it is that during a college break many years ago Marin and Donovan had a scorching encounter and then life took them their separate ways...until now. They've both landed at the same facili
Cristina
It was a decent read. Quite steamy and an interesting plot. However, the H left me wanting a little bit more. I don't want to say he seemed 'weak' but I think he could've redeemed himself a tad more towards the end.

(view spoiler)
Gretchen  (About That Story)
This was so fantastic! There was this perfect balance of passion and emotion and seriously epic hotness. I was expecting hotness, but it was just so much more! It's my first book by Roni Loren and I'm blown away! You have to read it!!!

It was amazing. Seriously AMAZING. This book consumed me.I was fascinated and completely pulled in. Marin and Donovan were these great characters with an undeniable connection. They were flawed but full of passion. How they meet is pretty great, super hot. But the
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
DO NOT USE A OPEN WINE BOTTLE FOR MASTURBATING. Unless you want a vaginal prolapse - or bleed to death, DON'T do it!

3.5 STARS

Hero: 6/10
Humour: 0/10
Hotness: 4/10
Romance: 7/10
Extra book Details: Heroine & Hero POV; 3rd person. Stand alone.

Off the Clock has two characters with broken pasts; a man-whore hero, a virgin heroine and a forbidden feel.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dr. Marin Rush—sex therapist. If only her clients knew how little experience she truly has. Marin has spent the past nine years in a controlled research environment, an environment that didn’t require practical experience. But now out in the real world and working at the high-end, sex therapy institute The Grove, Marin quickly realizes she’s in desperate need of some “hands on” experience.

Donovan West is Marin’s new colleague and mentor. In the running for a big promotion which will allow Donova
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Omg I forgot to add this ,it's so good seriously ...I love this story so much ❤❤❤❤❤

description

description

Dark Faerie Tales
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Sex therapists lead us through lessons on sexual discovery and empowerment while fighting their own dark and terrible pasts. (Basically on how not to blush when talking about sex. :oops: )

Opening Sentence: “I’m going to wrap my fingers in your hair and slide my other hand up your thigh. You have to be quiet for me. We can’t let anyone know.”

The Review:

Off the Clock is the newest erotic romance series by Loving on the Edge author Roni Loren.
Jaime Arkin
Overtime has never felt so good…

I’m a huge fan of Roni Loren, and this book only solidified that for me. I’m pretty sure that this is actually going to become my favorite series by her.

Off The Clock starts out in the past, introducing us to Marin Rush and Donovan West… Marin a freshman and Donovan a grad student find themselves spending Spring Break on campus. Marin knows exactly who Donovan is … he’s the TA she’s had a crush on since she first saw him, and their chance … somewhat awkward meeti
Jessica
Hot damn...wow omg. I've laughed, blushed and was flustered throughout this whole book. Not only do I recommend this author but this series is a winner.

At the end of this book there is a short story. It's called One Night and Only it's about Bianca one of the clients who have seen them for therapy. It was so good especially to know what happened on her date after she spent all that time with the Lane the sex surrogate. She bumps into Eli while she waited for the therapist. Eli will see the docs
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
I know I'm in the minority here but I couldn't find myself enjoying this book as much as I wanted to. Before I go into why, I want to state why I wanted to read this book. When I read the blurb, I was immediately intrigued. As someone who has a background in Psychology, I get excited whenever I come across a book that deals with therapy. My experience with these type of books in the past have been ....bad to say the least. I always find that authors always seem to get psychologist and therapists ...more
Christy LoveOfBooks

4.5

Off the Clock made my nerdy little heart go pitter-patter!

I’ve loved every book I’ve read by Roni Loren. They’ve mostly been from her Loving on the Edge series, so I was excited this is the beginning of a new series. Then to learn it’s about sex therapist made me even happier. Honestly, there are a lot of things to love. A lot.

I adored Marin Rush and Donovan West! I definitely connected more with Donovan, though. They had major chemistry from their very first interaction, and it only grew thr
Dana aka ♥Belladonna♥
4.5 Stars

Loved. This. Book.

✅ Dynamic characters, each with a rich backstory that had my heart tied up in knots.

✅ Scorching, inventive sex scenes. There's no lights off, missionary, vanilla sex here. So, have your fan at the ready.

✅ And, a story arch that flowed so well I was up until the wee hours of the morning reading.
Lindy
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts:

I have had the pleasure of reading many of Roni Loren's books, and they are some of the sexiest, steamiest, and most erotic stories that I have ever read. However, something that stands out is that Ms. Loren also gives her readers real and relatable characters, as well as great plots. To this date, Off the Clock, is my favorite story by Ms. Loren. She takes dirty talk to a whole new level in this story, and I predict many a reader will need to fan themselves as they turn the pages!

As
* A review copy was provided by the author via Netgalley for the Blog Tour *

~ 4 Orgasm Whisperer Stars ~

Off the Clock was a fun, sexy and entertaining story written by Roni Loren.

I became a fan of Roni's when I read the first book in her Loving on the Edge Series. So I was excited to hear that she was releasing a new Series.

Off the Clock is the first book in her newest series and I thought it was a good start. I still love the Loving on the Edge series better, but this one was still worth t
Natalie The Biblioholic
This is the first book I've read from this author and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Marin was one cool chick of a character. She raised her brother on her own, put herself through school, accomplished her doctorate, and secured herself (with the help of her mentor) a cushy position at The Grove, which would help her pay for her brother to go to school. I respected the sh*t out of that. Donovan was hot. Like really hot. A smooth alpha, with some kinky tastes, but still pret ...more
Melanie A.
Jan 14, 2018 marked it as dnf
DNF @ 57%

I can't believe I'm doing this - especially because so many of my GR friends loved this book - but something about this one is really needling me the wrong way. I can't get past the hero being smarmy or the heroine being lame. And even worse, for a book about dirty talk, the dirty talk is just too cheesy for me.

This SHOULD have been exactly my cup of tea.... :(
Jeffe Kennedy
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this RITA (R) Award winner for erotic romance. I'd always meant to read Roni and had never gotten around to it. Smart, sexy, funny, ripe with sexual tension - I devoured it!
Siv30
Nov 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
הספר הזה יכל להיות טוב מאוד עם ציון עגול של 4 כוכבים לולאי האורך שלו.

הוא מפתיע ויש בו עלילה מעניינת ודמויות מעניינות. הדמות של מרין, היא דמות עגולה וקל לחבב אותה. הדמות של דונובן קצת שטוחה מידי לטעמי והחורים בעלילה שלו לא נסגרים.

דונובן ומרין נפגשים באוניברסיטה. הוא דוקטורנט, היא בשנה א' ללימודיה והיא נדלקת עליו קשות. הוא עוסק בתחום לימודי מיניות ועורך מחקר על פנטזיות של נשים והיא מתנדבת להקשיב לפנטזיות שיצר למחקר שלו.

ואז מרין נעלמת בשל אירוע טראגי במשפחתה.

8 שנים או משהו כז לאחר מכן, מרין ודונובן
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

New book by Roni Loren? Yes, please! I had no doubt that this new series was going to be everything I’ve come to expect from her. It had me from the first line.

I really enjoyed how the author takes the time to tell us the story of how Marin and Donovan met in college and how their relationship developed. The parts told during that time have a different feel, that almost feels new adult in the way it’s written, versus the adult parts now nine years later. It was interesting that I coul
Miranda Whore
Review for Off the Clock by Roni Loren

Off the Clock is the first book I’ve read by Roni Loren and it won’t be my last. Her writing style has a fantastic flow, the character development is spot on — I couldn’t have asked for a better first impression from a new to me author.

I’m a huge sucker for second chance romances, throw in the emotional upheaval that shaped the characters and off the charts hot erotica and I’m one happy book whore. I loved the circumstances that originally brought Donovan We
Krista
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads

Roni Loren tells the best stories. I mean, a sex therapist who doesn't have sex and can't talk about sex without blushing - only Roni Loren could come up with this character. Even more perfect - this no-sex therapist ends up hooking up with a-lot-of-sex therapist. Like I said - perfect.

I really loved how Marin and Donovan's story starts in the past. It really was a good way to paint the backstory and set the stage for what was to come several years later. Their story wouldn't have been
Shayna
OMG! Roni Loren DOES. IT. AGAIN. A hot HOT romance that will bring out the forbidden fantasies in all of us. OFF THE CLOCK will leave you with your heart pounding and your body trembling, completely desperate for more! A forbidden love turns into so much more. Ladies, get ready to meet Donovan West a.k.a The Orgasm Whisperer.

photo offtheclock teaser_1.jpg

*Gifted copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review*
Jess
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is not a book to read while sitting in between two of your younger male cousins in a very crowded backseat of a car! Just FYI.

It's hot as hell, though, and I loved pretty much everything about it. I really need to read more of Roni Loren's works, because the two that I've read have been among my favorite romances of the year.
Fathima
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Such a fun , steamy read !
Kimberly
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2016/01...

It’s rare to read a book that is incredibly smart, supremely sexy, and wonderfully human, but Off the Clock is all those things and more. Roni Loren’s first Pleasure Principle novel is a complex, interesting, emotional, decadently erotic romance that will both satisfy you and leave you begging for more.

It’s pure chance that Marin Rush meets Donovan West late one night in the psychology building her freshman year o
Giedre
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I can't say I was super invested in the relationship, or too impressed with a certain scene of the intimate variety (view spoiler), but I thought it was an enjoyable read despite that. It's not the best erotic contemporary romance I've read, but I am interested in reading the next one (both are interconnected standalones).
  • Seduction in Session (The Perfect Gentlemen, #2)
  • Return to Grace Street (Chapter 8, #2)
  • Soul Resurrected (Sons of Wrath, #2)
  • My Obsession (Club Desire, #1)
  • Find You in Paris (The Darcy Brothers, #1)
  • Stealing His Thunder (Masters of Adrenaline, #1)
  • Asking for It (Asking for It, #1)
  • Lie To Me (Black Opals #2)
  • Dawn of Forever (Jack & Jill, #3)
  • More (Impossible Love, #2)
  • Barely Breathing (Colorado High Country, #1)
  • Risk & Reward (Bedroom Games, #2)
  • Anything but Minor (Balls in Play, #1)
  • The Virgin (The Original Sinners, #7)
  • Given to You (The Killer Next Door, #3)
  • Stormswept
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
  • Claimed (Outlaws, #1)
Roni wrote her first romance novel at age fifteen when she discovered writing about boys was way easier than actually talking to them. Since then, her flirting skills haven’t improved, but she likes to think her storytelling ability has. She holds a master’s degree in social work and spent years as a mental health counselor, but now she writes full time from her cozy office in Dallas, Texas where ...more
More about Roni Loren

Pleasure Principle (2 books)
  • By the Hour (Pleasure Principle, #2)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Hear me out,” Marin said. “It’s smart to want to be safe. It’s a natural instinct. If we protect ourselves—our bodies, our minds, our hearts—we can avoid all these messy things. Being embarrassed. Making mistakes. Looking dumb. Getting our hearts broken. But there’s a huge price to pay for that safety. And usually that price is being alone or being stuck. Whether that’s stuck in a job or a relationship or in a place you don’t want to be. Everything has a price. For whatever reason, something in you wants to be safe. Girls in movies are safe.” 1 likes
“Anything and anyone can disappear at any time.” She frowned. It was a fatalistic way to look at” 0 likes