Start by marking “Meant For Me (The Rock Gods #5)” as Want to Read:
Meant For Me (The Rock Gods #5)

Meant For Me

(The Rock Gods #5)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  955 Ratings  ·  121 Reviews
Tony Wilcox, the quiet keyboard player for Ivory Tower, has always believed he was straight. A sexual encounter with his best friend leaves Tony questioning his heart and the unwavering attraction he has for Jared. Living and working together is no longer enough for Tony... he wants more. He wants Jared as his.

Jared Baker, the bass player for the band, has a past that is
Published May 28th 2015 by SleighFarm Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Meant For Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meant For Me

Wendy
Well...this was definitaly the most emotional book of the series. A very nice and steamy "best friends to lovers" story.

I really liked Tony and Jared together. I do have to say that I still like book 6 and 4 best. This one was a bit sappy for a rockstars book, but I enjoyed reading it a lot.

I have do have the same complaint as with the other books...the inner monologues are way too long.

I hope there will be a book 7 because I really don't want this series to end

3,5 stars for this one.
Valerie Degeorge
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Meant For Me is Book #5 in Ann Lister's Rock Gifs Series.

I will start of by saying I am obsessed with this series Ann knows how to write a Book that you can't help falling in love with. The sex in her books are over the chart HOT but what you also get with her stories is a plot that is so brilliantly written that you actually feel as if you are right there with her characters going through their journey with them.

Tony Wilcox is the keyboard player of Ivory Tower, he has always considered himsel
Truuss
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Very nice read. Hot as hell. Like all the characters very much.
Over to #6 Whoop Whoop
Aղցela W.
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was book 5 in the "The Rock Gods" series. Tony Wilcox is the keyboard player for Ivory Tower he is quite and always thought he was straight. Jared Baker, the bass player for the band he is also Tony's roommate and bestfriend. Each one of them have feelings for the other and both are afraid of what the other will think. When the band comes off tour Jared moves out he rents a beach house down the way from Dagger and Ryan. When Jared moves Tony is hurt he doesn't know what to do the other guys ...more
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
*copy provided by author/publisher via Creative Minds in exchange for an honest review*

Sad, frustrated, heart wrenching. These are the emotions I felt when this book started. I was so heartbroken for Tony and Jared. They are so in love with one another, but both too scared to admit it. I wanted to scream and shake them! Fuck, just talk!!! Spit it out!! They didn't listen to me for quite some time. They're the ultimate pig headed men!

I have been looking forward to this book for quite some time,
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
I love Ann, I really do, but these last two books? where'd the guys balls go? Book 3 I thought was a bit soft, but not overly done, so it was just very sweet, these last two have just been nothing but overly mushy. I'm glad they're in love, I don't need to hear it every 2 seconds. I do not believe that men, alpha rock god men at that, talk this way, no matter how in love they are. Though the story line is good, this was just very hard for me to get through with all the added sugar. I really, rea ...more
Caipi
It's been almost exactly three years since I last read a part of this series, but I immediately remembered all the characters and had fun with them.
I'll definitely read the next part sooner! :)

3,5 stars
Caz Malpas
4 SWEET AND HAPPY STARS!

An enjoyable read.

Loved the beginning and end, the middle just got a little too sappy for me in places.
Simply Just Jen
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Meant For Me
I have to tell you all this first, Meant For Me is book 5 of Ann Lister's The Rock Gods series. The series itself follows two rock bands and the band members. Now I have had the pleasure of following these men since the very first book and I think you should definitely should start with book one Fall For Me first. Meant For Me is Tony and Jared's story. OMG- I absolutely loved this story and 100% fell in love with both men!! Ms. Lister gives us her best work yet and the emotions in
Love Bytes Reviews
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Heart Review by Dani

Being a big fan of this series, every new part that comes out is a treat. When finally book 5 came out and brought us Jared and Tony’s story it was everything you could want. It was sexy, hot with friendship and love.

There was also tension and miscommunication, the way things could have been so different if only both of the main characters would have just spoken their mind instead of making assumptions and perhaps even lacking courage.

Keyboard player Tony and bass player
Marcia
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Meant For Me is the 5th book in the Rock Gods series by Ann Lister and it focuses on Tony Wilcox, Ivy Tower's keyboardist of Ivy Tower, and Jared Baker, Ivy Tower's bass player. This one is a friends, best friends, to lovers story, and it was fantastic!! I absolutely loved Tony and Jared's story. Wow!! There are no words for how wonderfully written this story was or how perfectly Ann Lister told Tony and Jared's story. Tony and Jared are perfect together. They compliment each other in every way ...more
Tami
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Update: oops the series hasn't ended.

This series started with an excellent opener Fall For Me and I'm quite happy that it ended with a solid read on a friends-to-lovers romance.

It lost me a bit in the middle of the series but all in all was a good read even though they were the sappiest bunch of rockers ever :)
David Alexander
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lister
~4 Stars
Julie B.
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. I really love this series and can't wait for the next one!
Bitchie
2.5 stars, rounded up for the hotness.

The editing wasn't great here. I saw some misspelled words and some just plain wrong words. There was a severe lack of communication. It took two straight guys 61% to utter the word "bisexual" to describe their sudden feelings for another man. The brother stuff kind of came out of nowhere, first with a wedding, then with the money stuff, etc etc.

But I did like both guys, and the sex was really hot, so I'm bumping it up to 3 stars. I just wish this author wo
 Joyce
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a continuation of the sample old story, I'm glad they figured out their friendship and aloud it to grow, but it was just an ok read for me. It may be the story line just needs to end.
Gay Media Review
Blog Post: http://gaymediareviews.weebly.com/blo...

Meant For Me-5Th book in The Rock Gods Series by Ann Lister!!!

Tony Wilcox, the quiet keyboard player always believed he was straight. Now with a sexual hook up with his best friend is making Tony have feelings for Jared. He wants Jared for himself and their work relationship is no longer enough. Jared Baker, is a bass player for his band and his past is making it difficult being with the person he wants and desires – Tony. He has done his best t
Lisa Cullinan
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
T & JB Forever ...

All of the previous books in the Rock Gods series revolved around prominent characters that just begged to have their stories told. Sitting quietly in the corner were Jared and Tony, waiting or maybe not even caring, to have their turn. Everyone knew that something was up with the two of them throughout the series thus far. Ann Lister couldn't have written Jared and Tony's story any more perfect. These two have been cast from the same mold ~ they were more than best friends
Jackie's Book Review
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I admit that I am a late bloomer to the Rock Gods Series. You know the saying "Better Late Than Never" well that would of been me had I not read this amazing series by Ann Lister.

You all know that now it's Tony Wilcox and Jared Baker's turn in Meant For Me so I don't need to get into that with this review. We have all waited for the dynamic duo to finally get together, get their story and yes get their act together...

Meant for Me is a story about requited love between Tony and Jared. There were
Shannon
"love is love"

Tony and Jared have been kind of hanging around the periphery of this series, we haven't really gotten to know either of them really well up until now. They're not only bandmates but also best friends, living together and spending most of their time together. We got a tease that maybe there was more to just friendship, at least on Tony's side, in Make You Mine.

I thought Wheland and Rooster's story, Make You Mine, was emotional, but this book had me all over the place. This was a
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

4.5 Stars

I am quite a fan of this series and Tony and Jared’s story didn’t disappoint.

If ever there was a story when communication was key it was this one. So much heartache and misunderstanding could have been resolved very easily if only these two guys and had sat down and had a conversation. Instead they both panicked and drama ensued.

Ann Lister built this story through expectation and tension. The flashback to 6 months previous where the boys had their last th
Jennifer Reilley
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Meant for Me is the 5th book in the Rock God series by the fabulous Ann Lister. Tony and Jared's love story has become my favorite couple in the series now.

Tony & Jared have been long time bandmates and friends that develop deeper feelings over time. Now is the time they are ready to take their relationship from friends to lovers.

Jared has something happen in his past that is holding him back from moving forward with Tony. Tony is not aware of this event. They initially struggle to move forw
Kizzy
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just when I think this series couldn't get any better, Ann blew it out the park with this one. I LOVED IT!!!! Tony and Jared....omg! I couldn't wait for their story because I didn't know what to expect with these two. Two strong personalities and they were dealing with so many feelings. Things started to change for them and they both were scared to acknowledge it for fear of how the other would react. let's just say the chemistry is off the charts and I loved every minute of it!!

Loved seeing th
Sue
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Read on May 30th to May 31, 2015

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!

WOW!! What an absolutely perfect addition to this terrific series. This relationship between Tony and Jared was more complicated than expected. This story was magnificently written and has so many emotional levels. These two men are hot, sexy, complicated and meant for each other. I so couldn't wait for this story to be released, I was not disappointed. I always thought these two characters were great, but their story was so much deeper. I was
Mary Pruitt
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
These two guys has been best friends for several years...and NOW...They are just noticing that they are attracted to each other. Wheland knew they would be perfect...Alex/Zander Metcalf knew. Reading about these guys says it all...they are falling in love. That is the reason why it is called Meant for Me. Beautiful story...HOT SEX as usual! Thanks, Ann, for a wonderful work!!!
figuranta❤️addicted❤️to❤️books❤️
4.5 Stars

With Meant For Me Ann Lister is back!!! This is the sort of book that proves again why i feel in love with this author. Loved the chemistry and the sparks between the MC's, good story line and amazing hot steamy sex scenes. Can't wait for the next book in this series. I have a feeling is gone be a really good one!!!
Nicky
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well, here we are with the fifth book of the Rock God series and it did not disappoint. Ann Lister has a talent for drawing you into the story and make it feel like a true story as opposed to fiction. Jared and Tony had a lot of struggles to get through to get their happy ending but what a journey. I absolutely love this series!
Tristan
A lot of miss understandings in the beginning...it was a nice story but just felt like it was missing something to get me to really like these MCs. I really enjoyed the other books in the series, this one was not my favorite. 2.8
Janis Glass
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
I really did not enjoy this one. I got fed up half way and it was a drag to finish it :( Least Fav of the series.
Zane Kage
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-25
  • The Making of Matt (Souls of the Knight, #3)
  • Into The Fire (The Replacement Guitarist #3)
  • Hidden Truths (The Hidden Series, #1)
  • Resist
  • A Kind of Truth (A Kind of Stories, #1)
  • Finally Fallen (The Dark Angels, #3)
  • Echoes of Us
  • Perfect Imperfections
  • Black Heart Down (Conquest, #5)
  • Beneath the Stain
  • Entanglements
  • Redeeming Hope (Home for Hope, #1)
  • A Walk Through Fire (Through Hell and Back, #1)
  • Harley's Achilles (The Rock Series, #3)
  • Rock Star Baby (Bad Oak Boys, #1)
  • Legally Bound (Bound, #1)
  • Catch My Breath
  • Waiting for Rain
Ann Lister is a native New Englander currently living in Florida with her husband. She has pulled details from her years living in the New England area and uses many local settings and landmarks in her novels.

After graduating art school, marrying, and raising two daughters, she established her own video production company. Her nearly two decades working in video production included work within t

The Rock Gods (9 books)
  • Fall For Me (The Rock Gods, #1)
  • Take What You Want (The Rock Gods, #2)
  • Make You Mine (The Rock Gods, #3)
  • Looking at Forever (The Rock Gods, #4)
  • Fighting His Fire (The Rock Gods, #6)
  • Beyond The Music (The Rock Gods, #7)
  • Forever At Sunrise (The Rock Gods, #8)
  • Reinventing Us (The Rock Gods #9)
“    The best advice I can give you is live your truth.  Be who you were born to be, and to hell with anyone who believes differently. ” 1 likes
“Some people want to judge others for anything they conceive as being unconventional—or different, and what we're trying to say is, love is a blessing no matter what the dynamic.  It shouldn't matter where the source or the gender of that love comes from.  It just is what it is, and it's beautiful.” 1 likes