Start by marking “Shadow of Perception (CORE Shadow Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shadow of Perception (CORE Shadow Trilogy, #2)

Shadow of Perception

(CORE Shadow Trilogy #2)

What happens when negligent plastic surgeons get a taste of their own medicine…?

Chicago investigative reporter, Eden Risk, receives an unmarked envelope containing a postcard ordering her to watch the enclosed DVD…or someone else dies. No police. After Eden watches the DVD, a gruesome, horrifying surgery, she turns to the private criminal investigation agency, CORE, for
Published (first published July 21st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Shadow of Perception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow of Perception

Start your review of Shadow of Perception (CORE Shadow Trilogy, #2)
Mei
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
I love how Ms. Mason writes!

She managed to do something I appreciate very, very much!
She's able to make me like a characted that when I started the book I found very unlikable! And, for me, it's a great achievement!

That's what happened with Eden.

At the beginning of the book she's the very definition of a bitch! She's caustic, she's stubborn, she's nasty, she's always on the defensive...

Since I don't like this kind of person, I found her immediately detestable.

But, as I went on reading, I started
Sherry Fundin
"There's no such thing as perfect, only perception."

"Look at me Daddy."

He was watching as the images crawled across the screen. Eliza in her cheerleading uniform. Eliza being crowned homecoming queen. Eliza on her first modeling assignment. Eliza DEAD. The note she left said, "Make them listen, Daddy."

Well, they will listen now he thought, as he dropped off the first DVD to Eden Risk.

Eden is an investigative reporter and he knew she would make it right.

Eden knew she needed help. She contacted
Geri Winney
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
SMH SMH SMH

This book was every romance novel cliche with a healthy dose of "stupid chick from a horror movie" mixed in for good measure. It's unfortunate because the bones of the plot were decent. Two unrelated killing sprees collide in a sad display of what grief and trauma do to the human mind and spirit. I wish the crimes and killers had a better duo pursuing them. What a waste.
Kathy Heare Watts
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I won a signed copy of this book during an online giveaway. I am under no obligation to leave a review or rating and do so voluntarily. So that others may also enjoy this book, I am paying it forward by donating it a local library.
Sameeha Rahman
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
The best book in the series.
Morgan Wyatt
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shadow of Perception by Kristine Mason is Book 2 in the CORE Shadow Trilogy. CORE is an elite group of agents that handles unusually dangerous and heinous crimes. A Shadow of a Perception opens with a crazed father who has kidnapped the plastic surgeon he blames for his daughter’s death and videotapes a diabolical surgery on the man. Eden, an investigative journalist and heroine, receives the tape.

Eden can’t believe her eyes when she watches the first video or the note that instructs her to show
Books Mom
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's been a long time since I've read a book that kept me riveted and left me a little sad and conflicted. Shadow of Perception did all that and more.

First, kudos to the author for creating a villain who wasn't just plain evil. So frequently we see sociopaths or villains so psychologically messed up it's hard to believe they could truly exist. There are actually two villains in this book, and one of them will make you question your own idea of what is right and wrong.

The hero and heroine were
Samantha Holly
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Eden Risk is an investigative reporter for WBDJ News. Following her promotion to Network, Eden begins to receive strange phonecalls and then receives a strange DVD showing the torture of a complete stranger. Not knowing if it is a prank or not, she enlists the help of Ian Scott's CORE group - a Private Investigative Agency.

Immediately after reviewing the DVD, Ian assigns Hudson Patterson as her protection detail. But they have a past and the emotions are still raw for the both of them but
Maggie Thom
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 Shadow of Perception is a really good read but it's tough at times to get through the graphic details... it's so real. It's a romance, a thriller, full of suspense, gory stuff and murder. There is quite an ironic twist in the story. No I can't tell you what it is, you'll have to read it to discover it yourself. This story will keep you interested and turning the pages, some faster than others.

Eden is an investigative reporter for the local news station but she is moving in a few weeks to
Cindy
Mar 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Double the suspense... One killer who is fueled by grief and vengeance and another a killer who is a complete psychopath all on a collision course with the heroine, Eden Risk.

Eden didn’t come off very warm and friendly in the first book. But as the story goes along we learn about the real Eden and why she presents a hard uncaring persona to the world.

Hudson Patterson a former marine and CIA agent who now works for CORE. Two years ago he was romantically involved with and used Eden to catch a
Leah Speller
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller, mystery
This second book was just as strong a ride as the first. But there was more than one killer...

Again I loved hearing it from both sides and how it would all combine down to one point but this point was very different from any that I have ever read. Now that I am not giving away cause that would be just telling.

The characters and the story arch are so well thought out it reminded me of, well forgive the music analogy, having a melody and harmony but then there is this other melody that weaves
Heather
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like the first book of the series, this installment gives the reader an inside look from multiple characters view points and thoughts. At first not knowing how they are connected until the story reaches climax. I loved the extra element added in the story and how Mason got the reader (at least, I was) rooting for the killer. The main character was slightly mentioned in the first book and I was over joyed to learn more about her in this one. It was refreshing to see how different these characters ...more
Hot Romance Novel
Another page turner by Kristine! More characters, even more developed. Another book that allowed little to no sleep for me! I started and finished it in one night. I could not put the book down. I love how Kristine makes the villains seriously evil, demented and sick! I love how she keeps her heros so complex and still simple. She has a talent for sure! I can not wait to read the 3rd book. This is going to be a nail biter for sure!
Lisa Kinard
Core Shadow Book 2

This is the second book in The Shadow series. I must say I didn't really enjoy this one like I did the first story. Great storyline but a lot of repetition in this book. About Eden and Hudson's history, and Eden's past and how she handled it. It was like cut and paste. The ending was great though.
Marica (The Book Chick)
This one I did not like at all. I didn’t like that the suspense disappeared so fast since Mason gave to much explanations to early. So the murder and his mystery was not that exciting. And I did not like Eden at all. A complete review can be read at The Book Chick.
Maggie Bermann
I didnt enjoy this book as much as the first book. maybe cos 1st book had a bit of the paranormal about it.. i just found I got confused as it flipped between 2 killers.

It was pretty gory in places, but expected that after 1st book. Going to read 3rd book and hope its better, as was a wee bit disappointed.
Dr. Lee Fudge
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
The second book in the trilogy moves the main character from Celeste to her sister Eden. I miss Celeste. The mystery involves a man who sends Eden DVD's showing several gruesome murders that the murderer had performed. There was no psychic helping to solve these murders, only a different member of the CORE team. Decent mystery. Too much sexual obsession between the characters.
Noralyn  Hughes
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun read

This is the second book of her for shadow trilogy. I love her style of writing it keeps me interested. If you like suspense combined with sexy Romance these books are for you.
Diana Davidson
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you think the first book is good, this one is gonna take your breath away. Kristine Mason is a romantic suspense master. Tons of action, romance and 2 serial killers!! Can't wait to see what she has In store for the next one!
Kerry
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku
I enjoyed this book, but I wish there were less scenes from the killers' points of views. The characters were great, and I loved the relationship between Eden and Hudson.
Glenda Bettin
Jan 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I had a hard time liking the heroine but eventually she redeemed herself
Michele Costello
Aug 28, 2014
John Moore
Mar 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Buried Lies (Crimson Point, #2)
  • Hide and Seek (Criminal Profiler #1)
  • Montana Fire (Montana Promises #3)
  • Security Risk (The Risk Series: A Bree and Tanner Thriller Book 2)
  • Shadows (Dark in You #5)
  • NOT A BOOK
  • Hunter: Desert Hunter / Alien Hunter / Glactic Gladiator Christmas  (Galactic Gladiators)
  • Rancher's Hostage Rescue
  • Soul Stealer (Shadows, #1)
  • Dead and Buried (Funerals and Obituaries #1)
  • Attack Zone (Murder on Ice, #1)
  • Far Gone
  • BLAI2E (Dark Romance, #2)
  • One Wrong Step (The Borderline, #2)
  • Antarctic Affair
  • Shards of Frost (The Mercury Pack, #5)
  • A Spell in Provence
  • The Pirate (Ladies and Legends, #1)
Kristine Mason is the bestselling author of the popular romantic suspense trilogies, C.O.R.E. Shadow and Ultimate C.O.R.E. She is currently working on her next series, C.O.R.E. Above the Law, along with more Psychic C.O.R.E. novels.

Although Kristine has published a few contemporary romance novels, she focuses most of her energy on her romantic suspense stories, which she loves for their blend of

CORE Shadow Trilogy (3 books)
  • Shadow of Danger (CORE Shadow Trilogy #1)
  • Shadow of Vengeance (CORE Shadow Trilogy, #3)