Start by marking “Melting Point (Hot in Chicago, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Melting Point (Hot in Chicago, #1.5)

Melting Point

(Hot in Chicago #1.5)

Firefighter Gage Simpson has it all: the job of his dreams, the family of his heart, and no shortage of hot guys lining up to share his bed. “Fun and easy” is his motto—and it’s kept him sunny through a painful upbringing and steered him away from trouble. But when trouble comes knocking in the form of a sexy, scarred, tattooed chef with a harrowing past and zero communica ...more
Published August 31st 2015 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Melting Point, please sign up.
Kate Meader Sorry for the late response - I just saw this today. Melting Point is available on UK Amazon, always has been as far as I know. (It's only available…moreSorry for the late response - I just saw this today. Melting Point is available on UK Amazon, always has been as far as I know. (It's only available in e-format, though.) You can can find it here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Melting-Poin... Thanks!(less)

Gigi
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Uniform Junkies

Wow, this book was much more than I expected! It is a shorter book in the middle of a series, Hot in Chicago, about a group of firefighters who call themselves the Firefightin’ Dempseys, a family of foster siblings who have committed their lives to the service and each other. This book concentrates on Firefighter Gage Simpson and chef Brady Smith. Get ready for some angst because Brady has had a pretty rough life!

Gage Simpson is a beautiful, cocky, strapping firefighter who had a terrible childh
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

I didn't read the other books in this series, and while I think this can be read as a standalone, I felt a bit lost and didn't always connect with the characters.

I think reading the previous book would have benefited here. But it's MF so....

Still...an easy, entertaining read with some good steam.
Lyndy Ann ♫
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Melting Point had my heart melting for Gage and Brady.

Gage Simpson is the sexy firefighter the fun and easy member of the Dempsey family also a billboard model who gets any guy he wants and he has set his sight on the sexy chef Brady since he laid eyes on him in his kitchen.

Brady Smith is a 5* chef who's moody, covered in tattoos but he also has scars from his time in the Marines. Brady cannot understand why someone as gorgeous as Gage would look twice at someone like him as Brady cannot see pas
Kate Meader
Apr 14, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
Gage and Brady's story - yay! Hot, cocky firefighter meets gruff former Marine turned five star chef. Tattoos, motorcycles, swagger, and more communication issues than you can shake a fire hose at. These guys sparked in FLIRTING WITH FIRE, Book 1 of the Hot in Chicago series, but now things heat up in this special novella. The story will stand alone, but you might enjoy it more with the background from Book 1.
Michelle
ARC provided by author/publisher in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Kate for the ARC.

Ring the alarm because Kate Meader has once again turned up the heat in her newest sizzling book, Melting Point. Though this book had sizzling chemistry but what stole and grabbed my attention and melted my heart was the love between two men who found solace, hope, comfort and love within each other.

#meltingPoint

Kate Meader has been one of those authors that I instantly gravitate to since her writing and storytel
Wendy
Very very nice. Short, sweet and HAWT !! A former marine with intimacy issues and a hot and cocky firefighter going at it. It was also pretty funny, or let me say, Gage was quite funny. I really loved his character.

Don't expect to much dept in this one, because it's a short story. I think I would have liked it better as a longer book with a more detailed storyline.

I still enjoyed reading it very though, especially because of Gage.

3,5 - 4 stars from me
Claire Robinson
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 - "Let's not wank before we can walk." Stars!

Loved it. Gage deserved to get his happily ever after, and Brady was the perfect moon to his sunshine.

"Guy's like you don't go for guys like me."

A few laughs, plenty of feels and Kate Meaders' distinctive writing style made this novella a perfect couple of hours reading.
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
A review to come..... maybe. Gonna have to think on it a bit.
Ami
May 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Did not live up to my expectation. To think that I waited to reading Alexandra's book (I have the ARC) because I wanted to read Gage and Brady's story first *sad face*

To me this novella wasted so much potentials for emotional connection. I mean, we have Gage who is dealing with the fact that his biological Mom (the addict) who left him when Gage was only fourteen years old ends up with Alzheimer -- and he's conflicted because of it. Gage wanted to confront her but also told her about his sexuali
Talk Supe
Aug 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I very rarely read MM, Kate Meader made it worth my while though because MELTING POINT was sweet, sweaty, sexy, and swoony (Got my alliteration game on)! Finally Brady gave in & Gage didn't miss his chance to worm his way into the chef's cold heart. Gage really took the heat coming off Brady's kitchen perfectly!

Also, Eli is really growing on me. He was a major a-hole in the beginning of this series, in fact I imagined him to be an ogre. He's slowly turning into Shrek with every installment:
1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Um, yeah, okay…Hot, playful fireman meets sexy, gruff former Marine, current chef, and BOOM! Heat that is OFF THE CHARTS. <<-- That’s Melting Point, all summed up.

Gage Simpson is the epitome of cool, calm and collected. After a rough childhood, he now has the job of his dreams, a great family and his choice of men in Boystown. But there’s something he doesn’t have….Brady Smith.

Brady is haunted by his past. He takes uncommunicative to the max, he’s more than a little surly, and he can’t w
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

MELTING POINT is all kinds of HAWT, HAWT, HAWT.

I jumped at the chance to read this Hot in Chicago series novella. I loved Gage and I wanted Brody to love him as much as I do. The road for these two isn't easy, but Kate Meader does a fantastic job of proving just how much they are made for each other.

Gage is his usually full of life self, but we get a glimpse at Gage's past and see just how "unsunny" his life was before the Dempseys took hi
Cory
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Gage...yes please! Brady...yes please! Gage and Brady together....HOT!

Gage finally breaks through Brady's shell. Loved it! Wish it was longer!
Aly is so frigging bored
Gage and Brady's story started in the 1st book in the series but it was finished here. I loved that they learned to lean on each other and that Gage wasn't THAT well adjusted :D
Jessica Frances
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! It was hot, sweet, fun and had enough character growth to feel like the reader traveled a journey with Gage and Brady. I would absolutely recommend to fans of m/m romance.
David Alexander
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: meader
~4.5 Stars
Didi
It pained me to say, this book didn't work for me. It's not that I begrudged Gage's happiness with Brady. I had no complain for some man on man actions, either. Although whoaaa, there were so many here. Smexy-overload.

Having read a couple books of Kate Meader's and liking Brady and Gage characters when they appeared there, I was surprised that I had to struggle with this one. The sequences felt choppy and something's off.

Gage's failed first courting and Brady's sudden change of heart - from han
Julie (Jewls Book Blog)
Wow. Gage and Brady were hot, hot, hot!

I liked how their relationship was structured in book one of the Chicago series otherwise I’d have been lost reading this one. The small intimate moments were charged with so many feelings and their attraction...gah! I’ll just say these two had plenty of panty melting chemistry regardless of which team you bat for.
Saly
Maria Rose

After reading Flirting with Fire (Hot in Chicago series book 1) and getting a taste of firefighter Gage and his interactions with hot chef Brady, I was eager to read about their romance. This novella can be read as a standalone and details the progression of their relationship after they’ve already hooked up a few times, but Brady has backed off from becoming emotionally involved with Gage. With time and patience, can they find a way to mend their wounds together?

On the surface this is an opposi
Pretty Sassy Cool
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

So. Yeah. Fire fighters are hot, right? And chef’s … they’re hot, too, aren’t they? And what happens when you mix the two, throw in some hilarious banter, add hotter than hot sex, and a bit of angst just to shake things up? Well, you get the wickedly entertaining Melting Point by Kate Meader. I have to tell you, I did not know what to expect when I picked this book up, having never read anything by this author before, but I’m here to say that it FAR exceeded my expectations. This book
Red Cheeks Reads
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“The things I want to do to you, Brady. The filthy beautiful things.”

Since I first read Flirting With Fire and got a taste of Brady and Gage I have been salivating thinking of the day I would get to have more of this sexy damaged duo. Melting Point is a standalone and very enjoyable all on it’s own but in my experience if you pair it with Flirting With Fire, in which you get to see the start of their relationship unfold, you get a complex and wonderful story.

On the outside Gage appears to have
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Quick steamy read about Gage getting his man. Gage and his "chef" intrigued me in the last book, so for me, their story was a must read. I was not disappointed. This is my first m/m read and it is HOT. I'm hoping to get more of them in book 2.
Aly
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
What an incredibly steamy M/M romance !

There was no way I wouldn't read this novella about Gage "Baby Thor", a funny and sexy firefighter and the emotional crippled chef Brady and their HEA. I think it's best you read the first book in the series before to appreciate this story more, because by the time it begin, a part of the romance between them was already in motion. Gage and Brady was presented to each other by the mayor (he had a matchmaking plan) at Brady's restaurant and they felt in lus
Ekaterin
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Je le redis, le MM n'est pas ma tasse de thé.

Ici le couple est néanmoins mignon malgré toujours cette histoire de clichés, mais la série en est truffée. La lune contre le soleil, la gaité contre le taciturne bla bla bla...

Heureusement c'est court, et je dirais qu'elle a été écrite pour continuer à amener au couple Alex/Eli.

Gage est un vrai rayon de soleil. Pas si immature qu'il ne voudrait le faire croire. Marrant avec son côté "je suis gay et fier de l'être avec mes tee-shirts pourris", mon co
Steph
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Groan!! This book should come with a warning label!!

Chef Brady Smith has it bad for firefighter Gage Simpson. Not usually one to succumb to the good looking playboy type, Brady is nonetheless in lust with literally THE most gorgeous man he's ever met. And Gage is just as rocked by Brady, except that Brady's unchecked PTSD has them as a non-entity, and hoping against hope that he'd be enough to break through Brady's shell. When a bike accident has Brady needing help, Gage steps up and the two fi
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Let me start by saying I was really torn getting to this book. In one hand, because m/m is not my go to genre, reading this book was not a priority. On the other hand, I was intrigued with Gage’s story. After reading bits about him in Flirting with Fire, I wondered how Meader will get Gage, this over confident Firefighter to get together with a very closed off Chef.

Gage Simpson is a no nonsense kind of guy despite his not so happy childhood. He knew exactly who he is early on in life and owned
☕ Kimberly
Jun 16, 2015 rated it liked it
I typically do not read M/M romances, but many of the series I read from mainstream publishers have begun weaving them in. This is my second; I popped my cherry with Laura Kaye’s Hard to Be Good, a novella in the Hard Ink series and loved it. This time I grabbed Melted Point without hesitation.

Gage is flirty, drop dead gorgeous and often the life of the party. He is also a decent, well-adjusted guy whose adopted family means everything. Gage made me laugh aloud with his vivacious personality but
Danielle
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I didn't know if I was going to enjoy Gage's story because it was a novella but I really enjoyed getting to know him a little better. In the first book he is sunshine and flowers. Always happy and sexy as hell. In this novella you get to see a different and a little more serious side of him which I loved.

Gage and Brady turned out to be very good for one another. I enjoyed how Meader wrote Brady scarred from his past inside and out and Gage was his total opposite. I would have liked to see more
KathyAnne
This was my second attempt to read a m/m romance and I think it's safe to say that it's just not for me. So, not going to rate it because it's a case of it's me and not you! :) I think I prefer m/m romance as more of a sidenote instead of the main attraction.
This is heavy on the schmexy side so if that's what you're looking for then this is sure to please.
I mainly read this because I love the series and just wanted to keep up with what's going on...
Getting ready to dive into Playing with Fire.
  • 'Tis the Season to be Kissed
  • Crazy for the Competition (Hope Springs, #2)
  • Tied to Trouble (Gamers #3)
  • Guarding His Heart (Half Moon Bay #3)
  • Mastering the Movie Star
  • The Cuckoos of Batch Magna
  • 911
  • Waves Break My Fall
  • Your B&B or Mine? (Maple Cove, #1)
  • Smoke and Mirrors (Smoke and Mirrors, #1)
  • Woo Me (Outback Bachelor Ball, #2)
  • Blackmailed By The Hero (Gone Hollywood, #2)
  • Hell Dogs Squadron  (Hell Dogs Squadron #1-3)
  • Fate and Forever (A Pound of Flesh, #2.5)
  • All Fired Up (Sin City Uniforms, #1)
  • Santa Wore Leathers (Wild Heat, #0.5)
  • Gingerbread Palace (Delectable #4)
  • His Pirate Seductress (Love on the High Seas, #3)
Kate writes sexy contemporary romance with alpha heroes and strong heroines who can match their men quip for quip. Her latest series, Laws of Attraction, is about a band of divorce lawyers who think they know everything about marriage, relationships, and women and are about to learn that, in fact, they don't know jack.

Sign up for her newsletter to get updates on sales, giveaways, and new releas

Hot in Chicago (3 books)
  • Flirting with Fire (Hot in Chicago, #1)
  • Playing with Fire (Hot in Chicago, #2)
  • Sparking the Fire (Hot in Chicago, #3)
“It’s more common for people to get fire tattoos. Symbols of passion, transformation, change. But I wanted smoke because it’s what remains. After the fire, after everything is destroyed, you’re left with smoke and ash. You’ve gotta make somethin’ out of it.” 5 likes
“Everywhere Gage looked, his fingers itched to touch and his brain raced to keep up. A snake coiled beneath his right pec, an eagle took flight over his left. Stars, numbers, and Celtic symbols fought for real estate. Gage would need weeks to explore the storied terrain of Brady’s body.
Better put in for some vacation time now.”
1 likes