Start by marking “Sojourn” as Want to Read:

Escape. Succumb. Savor.

Captivated by the thought of experiencing something taboo, Summer Wilson contemplates taking the trip of a life time. Determined to live her own life for once, she decides that Sojourn could help her reinvent herself. But is going to a sex resort really the answer to her problems, or will it only cause more confusion?

Once Summer arrives, she l
Paperback, First Edition, 294 pages
Published June 28th 2015 by Tara Sanders (first published June 27th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Sojourn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sojourn

Start your review of Sojourn
Elizabeth Cash
"No one ever said finding yourself was easy, but it's definitely worth the pain and struggkes you go through to get there."

This. Was. Amazing. I am still in awe with the words printed in this book. Author Tara Dawn has given ne one he'll of a book hangover.

Sojourn will make you laugh, blush, cry, clench your thighs abd ever dann thing in between. Prepare yourself for some major feels and one hell of a story. It was such a sight to invision Sunmer growing and actually finding herself. In then en
Ebony
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reservation for one...please ;-)

Tara Dawn's debut is AMAZING!!! This book is a perfect summer read that will leave you feeling satisfied. Ms. Dawn has given us emotion, drama and one hell of an ending!!!

The story of Summer and Preston is a breath of fresh air. These two characters have so much heat and passion - they don't even need to see each other for the reader to see the smoke coming off the pages.

I feel in love with this story and was so sad to see it end. I was happy with the ending. Eve
TheWriter
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read
I had the honor of Beta reading this book. Sojourn is a very well written and goes into just enough detail, without going overboard. Author Tara Dawn has definitely hit the nail on the head with this book. It has passion, drama, and some down right naughtiness going on lol. But she did an amazing job. Now to the book!!! Summer is trying to find out exactly who she is and what she wants in her life. So she decides to take a vaca to a sex resort. This unlike anything she has ever done. But she nee ...more
Karen - Kazza's Books Blog
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: angst, quick-read
Welcome to Sojourn, just leave your inabitions at the door.

After two failed relationships Summer decides, after a lot of convincing from her friend Angel, to go to Sojourn, a sex retreat, to help her find herself again.
Even there her past loves, Preston and Brent are still on her mind a a lot of what if's invade her waking thoughts.
Can she move on from the past hurts and let someone in. Time will tell.

I loved reading this book. It is light hearted, full of angst and the sex scenes are so hot. So
Ashlie
Jun 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sojourn by Tara Dawn is a fun and easy to read book. It was a nice escape from every day reality and a relaxing way to spend an afternoon. I look forward to reading more from this talented author in the future.
Cindy Smith
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I think of sojourns, I think of quiet respites, escapes that will allow you to regroup, and face the world again. Tara has taken that idea and tossed it right out the window! WOW

Summer met her soulmate Preston but they broke up. It took her a while but she started dating Brent. It became obvious that they were not meant to be together and she left him. When he shows up at a bar her and Angel are at with a date, (her cousin whom she already despises) she leaves on foot. Fate plays with her a
Kim Page
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW! This made me wish I was in my 20s again! Mmmhmm...pretty steamy and what a fun resort to find yourself at but who knows what else is to be found!!

Tara definitely has a knack for writing great characters...especially bestfriend relationships!! Summer and Angel have great personalities as well as the banter they play off each other...great! I really enjoyed this book...it was fun and thought provoking *wiggles eyebrows* hehehe
reneeNaDaBomb
Sojourn

The title alone sparks your curiousity. So read the story of a shy & timid 🚺 who through her sexual experiences with a mystery 🚹 becomes the catalyst for her new and emerging life and quest for the ultimate 💘er! I gave this novel 3 🌟 🌟 🌟.
Shannon Youngblood
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**4.5 You Say Bitch Like it's a Bad Thing Stars**

photo 4.5 Buttons_zpsjj5lz9q8.jpg

So, I received this book from the author as a trade! She would read mine and I would read hers. Damn am I so glad I did!!

"The mirror shows a different woman then I'm used to seeing. This woman is confident, spontaneous, and has freewill. I can't remember the last time I felt like this."

I loved this book, especially knowing it was a debut novel. Not often can you find a book that sucks you in and leaves you wanting more, and let me te
Jennifer Theriot
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Who hasn't had a broken heart and ended up in a rebound romance? Summer's world comes crashing down after a relationship game changing event occurs between her and Preston. Her way of dealing with it is to jump into a relationship with Brent. The day she realizes it's a dead end deal, she escapes and begins her quest to find herself. Her mind is full of doubt - did she do the right thing? Brent was someone she knew was stable and loved her - but the feelings just weren't there on her end. She co ...more
Jessica
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read by this author. I really enjoyed it. Its a fun and fast read.

Summer is trying to figure out if she is with the right person in live. She is currently with Brent but she is finding it lacking. She is still trying to get over her ex Preston, but still isn't there.

Summer decides to go on vacation to a sex resort. Once she is there she realizes she has to let down the walls to experience what she wants. Will she be able to do that? Not everything is as it seems, th
Angela
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Surprising Stars

I had the pleasure of Beta reading this debut novel for Tara and can I just say how much of a privilege it was.
Sojourn is like no book I have read before, it's very different and keeps you hooked all the way through. The twists there is in this book will have talking out load and screaming "I knew it" and " did not see that coming"

So if you don't know what to read next and are looking for something exciting and different, then Sojourn is MOST defiantly your nest read!!

Are y
Staci Johnson
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put it down.

Tara did an amazing job writing this book. I read it in less than a day because I simply could not put it down. I was drawn in from the first page and wanted to know exactly what Summer was about. There was just enough suspension keep you entangled in the story. I wanted it to keep going. Great book. Definitely take a day and read it. I promise you won't regret it.
Ivy
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in about an hour today and really loved it.

I was immediately drawn into this book, Summer is in a relationship rut. Her bestie turns her onto this exclusive resort that makes your sexual fantasies come to life. She decides she needs a change and decides to go for it.

When she gets there she finds that she'll have to let her guard down and follow her desires. In the end she may get everything she's ever been looking for.
bookbroken17
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book by Tara Dawn that I have read...wow, what a gorgeous and sexy story...you'll be wishing you were Summer while she lives out this fantasy holiday.....who is this sexy stranger who is rocking her world? Well you'll just have to read and find out.....and believe me, his identity is worth waiting for
Jamie
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had absolutely NO idea what to expect from this book. Expect a journey, there is a huge journey in this book. I'm pleasantly surprised by this story. There is an HEA, but on the way to that HEA the main character goes through many trials, huge emotional distress, lots of tears and some pretty sexy situations.
Shelby
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love "LOVE" and this book did it for me... genuine love. first love. lost love. friendship love. forever love. make your heart flutter love. The ending left me with an enormous smile, in my opinion those are the best books. My only regret is that I didn't move Author Tara Dawn's books up on my to be read list, sooner.
Sasha
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was extremely impressed by this debut novel! It was very well written and had an engrossing storyline.
I liked and found it easy to relate to Summer's character. Her friend Angel was funny and a great secondary character. I thought this was a fun, hot sexy, read! I definitely recommend checking out this new author!!
Tami czenkus
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE getting the depth behind characters to the point that I as a reader can actually FEEL what they are feeling throughout the story.
Sojourn is a journey you will enjoy and want more when you're done.....
I was kept guessing until I didn't have to an longer... Definitely a must read for lovers of a great storyline and hot steamy erotic scenes!!
Janneke Wolbers
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The moment i started this book... It had me... I had to keep reading and wanted to find out more...
As the story continues and she is at her holiday destination is gets even more interested....
I loved every part of it
Taylor
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!!

This is the first book I've read by Tara Dawn, and I'm sure it won't be the last! Sojourn was a quick, steamy read, and a wonderful debut novel for this author. So glad I read this book! :)
Eliza
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun & sexy debut from Tara Dawn! We follow Summer, a woman in between relationships who decides to go on a sensual retreat in order to center herself. What I liked about the book was the perspective of the blindfolded love scenes. It was so sensory and intriguing - definitely a turn on! YOWZA! ...more
Sandi Neace
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first book of Tara's that I have read. I enjoyed reading it. The way she had Preston arrange everything to get Summer to where he wanted her to be was inspiring. I can't wait to read more.
B. U.
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this steamy HEA! Twist and turns so you are not sure where the book will end and who will get their HEA!! Can not wait to read more from Tara!!
Lisa Mandina
Jun 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Not bad. Some of what I call the "usual" self-published issues. Full review on my blog later.
Kaylee Bosworth
Denise Rand Huebner
Mar 26, 2019
Outnumbrd
Jun 29, 2015
Tara Dawn is a married, stay-at-home-mom who homeschools her three sons. When she's not busy with them, you can find her reading, talking about other authors and books over at The Word Wenches book blog, writing, editing, crafting, or hula hooping. She wears many hats and finds that if you aren't learning something new everyday then you aren't living to your full potential.
Tara is currently workin