Start by marking “Slim Pickins' in Fat Chance, Texas (Fat Chance, Texas, #2)” as Want to Read:
Slim Pickins' in Fat Chance, Texas (Fat Chance, Texas, #2)

Slim Pickins' in Fat Chance, Texas

(Fat Chance, Texas #2)

"A fresh, heartwarming voice." —Jodi Thomas, New York Times bestselling author

It’s been a year since an eccentric billionaire summoned seven strangers to the dilapidated, postage stamp-sized town of Fat Chance, Texas. To win a cash bequest, each was required to spend six months in the ghost town to see if they could transform it—and themselves—into something extraordinary.
Published January 5th 2016 by Lyrical Press

To ask other readers questions about Slim Pickins' in Fat Chance, Texas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slim Pickins' in Fat Chance, Texas

Shelleyrae at Book'd Out

Slim Pickins' in Fat Chance, Texas is the sequel to Celia Bonaduce's Welcome To Fat Chance, Texas which saw a disparate group of people each forced to make something of a sun-blasted ghost town in the Texas hill country within six months to earn a cash bequest.

By the time pastry chef Fernando Cruz arrives a year later looking for a new challenge, only a handful of the group, those with no where else to go, remain in the broken down town. Despite the improbability of success, Fernando decides to
Heidi
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
What a pleasant and easy-going read. It really was like a breath of fresh air. The characters were well-developed and likable, the plot flowed with a good balance of some drama and comedic relief, and themes included were easily relatable.

One of my favorite aspects of the story was the animal involvement throughout this piece. There were chickens, goats, a buzzard, a mule, and some newcomers that play a bigger role than one may expect. Without giving too much away, I thought the symbolism of one
Sheri
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Slim Pickins' in Fat Chance, Texas by Celia Bonaduce

It has been a year since a billionaire asked seven strangers to stay in the desert in Texas, to win a lot of money. All they had to do was turn the ghost town into a livable place. Not everyone stayed, and pastry chef Fernando Cruz comes to the small town. Fernando hopes to start a new life in Fat Chance and turn the cafe into a BBQ restaurant. It doesn't take long for him to come across many obstacles and some very eccentric people.

A fantastic
Natasha du Plessis
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Kensington Books and Netgalley for giving me the opportunity to review this book.
This book was very well written and was a short easy read, my only problem was that I did not read the first book in the series - Welkom to Fat Chance Texas. I feel that you need to read the first book before reading Slim Pickins' as it took me a while to get to figure out what happened previously. (No short synopsis is given at the start of Slim Pickins') I enjoyed all the characters and could imagine
Terri Weitze
This is a sweet little rom-com kind of book. Second in the series; I did not read the first and I had no problem following along. References to what (I assume) is the first book abound but none are confusing. So you can just jump into the story right here if you so choose. Characters are fun and interesting, conflicts are pretty superficial (as you might expect in a rom-com). A fast enjoyable read that doesn't require much in the way of brain power. No cursing, no sex, no graphic violence.
Brenda
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is the second in the series and can be read in order or as a stand alone. The book continues the stories of the original remaining characters and adds a new character as they continue to put Fat Chance on the map. Over all this is a fun fast read with entertaining characters.
Bernie
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Slim Pickins' in Fat Chance, Texas review

Slim Pickins' in Fat Chance, Texas is the very funny second book in this series written by author Celia Bonaduce.
D.E.
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 stars

Based on the synopsis and the genre description of romantic comedy, I was expecting a funny romance about a crazy bunch of folks who all ended up staying in Fat Chance. That’s not exactly what I got. While there are some funny moments in the story, I wouldn’t label the book a comedy (then again that could be my own sense of humor holding me back). I also expected more romance, but the romance is a bit stunted. It’s almost as if the characters were from a different time with the slow a
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book!
This is a great book; this book is part of the Fat Chance, Texas series by Celia Bonaduce. It has been a year since an eccentric billionaire summoned seven strangers to the dilapidated, postage stamp sized town of Fat Chance, Texas. Fernando Cruz is a pastry chef and moves to Fat Chance in hopes to take over the town’s café and turn it into a BBQ restaurant. The quirky citizens need to work together to build the town that they all want. If you are looking for a great fun book then you
Georgiann Hennelly
A year ago a Billionaire asked seven strangers to stay in a ghost town in Texas, in order to win a lot of money they had to stay there for six months and try to transform it and them selves -into something truly extraordinary. By the time Pastry Chef Fernando Cruz arrives several people have already left. His hopes of starting over are dashed when he meets the ragtag residents of the town and a low flying plane shows him just how weird the place is. His hopes of turning the only Cafe in town int ...more
Gina Popp
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book I’ve read in the Fat Chance series and I love the zany characters. Although it is a humorous read, the author also goes deeper with insights about what it’s like for each individual as they all redefine their lives with a second chance in this deserted ghost town. The characters are experiencing many issues that most real people experience at one time or another in their lives, but have trouble verbalizing. However, author Celia Bonaduce does a great job of describing and ...more
Coral Mitchell
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

It has been a year since we last read about Fat Chance, Texas and the seven strangers brought together to make something for themselves by an eccentric billionaire. Pastry chef Fernando has arrived to see this unique town and several of the group have left. Fernando dreams big of his own BBQ restaurant and the remaining town members hope he will be another chance to bring Fat Chance to the map.

I love all the quirky characters in Fat Chance
Liz
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun book that continues the story of Welcome to Fat Chance, TX. I hadn't read the first book so there are some parts of the story that I'm lost in so I would recommend reading Welcome to Fat Chance, TX. Despite that I thought this was a quirky & enjoyable read. The townsfolk are a great group of unique characters & you get swept away in their escapades. I look forward to reading more by Celia Bonaduce.

ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review
Susan Obryan
Easy read - perfect for a day at the beach. Bonaduce's series about Fat Chance, Texas, has colorful characters and a predictable story line. The story of Fat Chance and its inhabitants plays out filled with hope and determination. It's one of those novels that always end happily.

ARC provided by NetGalley
Liz Donatelli
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fat Chance, Texas is home to some of my most favorite characters! In Slim Pickins', the Fat Chancers endeavor to turn the town into a thriving community by supporting newcomer Fernando in his efforts to open a BBQ restaurant. Snappy, clever dialogue. Great fun! I look forward to the next book in the series.
Ann
Dec 15, 2015 rated it liked it
We return to Fat Chance where Fernando is thinking of opening the cafe. Dymphna is running the farm and Professor Johnson is trying to find a way to make money for the town. The three work together trying to save the town. I like this series and the people who live in Fat Chance.
charmaine White
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice

It's an odd but different kind of story.Wasn't sure I would like it,,but it but somehow it works out and I did.
Carmela Stotts
Dizreading
Jun 22, 2016
Ngaire
Dec 04, 2016
  • Sheltered by the Millionaire  (Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm #2)
  • Homeward Bound
  • Texas Danger (The Marshalls #3)
  • The Harder They Fall
  • Bittersweet Return (Dancing Moon Ranch, #6)
  • Sorrows and Lace (Lonely Lace, #3)
  • You Never Can Tell
  • Hustlin' Texas (Texas Fever, #2)
  • A Real Cowboy Rides a Motorcycle (Wyoming Rebels #3)
  • Chasin' Mason
  • The Untameable Texan (Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm #0.5)
  • Because of the Baby... (Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm #4)
  • A Little Bit Country
  • Relentless (The Marsh Brothers, #1)
  • Hard As Ice (Fortis, #1)
  • Third Time's the Charm (Three Rivers Ranch Romance #2)
  • Texas Wishes: The Complete Series (Texas Wishes, #1-3)
  • The Cowgirl's Secret (Diamondback Ranch #5)
Celia Bonaduce has the coolest day job – a field producer on HGTV’s House Hunters. Her credits include other HGTV shows, including Tiny House Hunters, Where Are They Now and ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

If you’re sensing a theme – a love of houses – so did she. After her mother moved into a tiny house of her own, it seemed like a new book series revolving around what it’s like to live in a

Fat Chance, Texas (3 books)
  • Welcome To Fat Chance, Texas (Fat Chance, Texas, #1)
  • Livin' Large In Fat Chance, Texas (Fat Chance, Texas, #3)