Start by marking “Lost Prelude (Alexander & Maya, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lost Prelude (Alexander & Maya, #1)

Lost Prelude

(Alexander & Maya #1)

My name is Maya, and I'm not the same girl I was a month ago.

There is an emptiness I carry around in my chest now. A broken heart caused by grief.
There are also dark nights where I have trouble breathing as I feel the heavy weight of loss rushing through my veins, painful moments where I can remember my entire being scream in agony as I held onto my father's cold, lifeless
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 158 pages
Published April 12th 2015 by Ella Maise

To ask other readers questions about Lost Prelude, please sign up.
Jennifer Schieble he owns the hotel they are in, amoungst others I believe

Tanu Gill
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it
It was just so-so. Nothing special about either. Rather, there was a whole lot of rush in the built-up of lust and interest from both sides.
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 5 AMAZING STARS *****
Wow... I'm speechless.
I feel like I found a hidden gem. This book was written beautifully. It was so moving and breathtaking. Tears fell when I was only a few chapters in.

description

Maya goes to New York to fulfill her father's last wish. This wish was to contact her uncle. In New York, she stayed in her father's favorite hotel, which had a piano in the lobby full of beautiful memories. A panic attack came over Maya as a song played. A song that was played by her father every da
Dominika
Apr 15, 2015 rated it liked it
It was too short to be believable.

They hated each other for no reason, than they were nice to each other for no reason and than they slept together. I didn't really feel the connection especially from the hero's side. He slept with different women every night end even the heroine knew it because she was in the hotel room right next to his. It just seemed too unbelievable for him to suddenly change that just after 4 or 5 days that he knew the heroin. It works in some books but it didn't feel bel
Nina
I don't really know why I read this book.
I haven't read this kind of thing in years, and it's not like I felt a particular urge to go back to it last night. I just saw it and my brain went Hey, this is a thing people read, reading is fun, let's read it.

It's... okay, it's not a good book. I didn't exactly have the time of my life reading it - I just kind of floated through it until the end and then found myself not really knowing how to feel about it.
On one hand, it's got some originality to it,
Dayreader Reviews
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really don't think, I have ever been moved more, by a book, than I was by Lost Prelude. Ella Maise is a rising star, in the book world, Lost Prelude is only her second book. Her writing flowed smoothly and this was so original. It was deep, emotional and conveyed everything I felt when I lost someone who meant everything to me.

This is not only an epic love story between Maya and Alexander but, this is also about Maya losing a part of herself. When the book opens up, Maya is in New York, prepar
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this story. Both characters are intriguing. For some reason Maya won't tell Alexander where she is from and he can't place her accent. I found it odd Maya had given the hotel where they meet a fake American address.

Alexander is mysterious. He also has an interfering ex wife. Maya and Alex begin a sexual relationship but she has made it clear she is leaving in ten days. Ends on a small cliff hanger but concluding book is already published. I read this for free on Kindle Unlimited after en
Carmen
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
A bit on the drama side but it was a nice and easy read.
Melyssa Winchester
description

Title: Lost Prelude
Author: Ella Maise
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Series or Standalone: Series (Alexander & Maya #1)
Rating: ★★★★★

Review

This book took me by surprise.

Having never read this author before, I had no idea what I was going to be in for when I started to read, only going strictly based on the pull of the cover and the story of a girl desperately in need of healing, after losing one of the most important people in her life.

By the time I finished the story, I had gotten th
Snigdha Prakash
This author keeps on reminding me that why I love her so damn much.
It is amazing to see an author outdoing herself with every book I get hands on.
So Lost Prelude is a small read but that does not mean that it is not intense and full of a ride that you just might drown in.
Beautifully written and magnificently executed, the book reveals just enough and leaves enough mystery for the reader to get hooked onto the second book.
I'm actually itching to start the next one.
I liked the characters a lot. I
CeCe
This book had it moments.
However, I thought that the heroine could be a bit of a b***h at times. I like when a heroine does not give in to the hero right away and knows a player when she sees one. However, her attitude was a bit obnxious sometimes. When Alexander wanted to take her out (piano scene) and she assumed the worst, well I started to assume the worst about her.

The flashbacks were unnecessary with Maya's father. I found myself skimming them. Boring. I already got it. She loved and miss
Fanspace Book Blog
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC was given via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Lost Prelude is an heartbreaking, sexy, short read. It's a different story than what I'm used to reading, this heroine was broken and when a guy came barreling into her life she wanted nothing to do with him, though granted he was very much an asshole at the start of the book.

In Lost Prelude we meet a twenty-five year old woman named Maya who is suffering the most devastating loss of her life. Her mother died during child birth, and
Three Chicks
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review by Natasha Gentile

This book came at me, surprising me. I had no idea that this author was even writing another book. So imagine my joy that it was amazing. I can’t wait for more.

My name is Maya, and I'm not the same girl I was a month ago.

Meet Maya, a twenty-five year old girl, suffering from the most heartbreaking loss of her life. She has just lost her father, not only was he her father but he was her whole world. They only had each other and they were both okay with that. It was a love
Paige
Jun 28, 2015 rated it liked it
3 "Slow Burn" Stars

Lost Prelude followed Maya in the aftermath of her father's death. He was the only family she had and as such she travels to New York to try and fulfill his dying wish. She checks into a hotel for her week long stay while she tries to hunt down her long lost uncle who was estranged from her father to give him the letters his brother wrote every month for years but refused to open. While at the hotel she runs into Alexander. Every night he's with a different woman and isn't ver
Michelle
Megan
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a combo review for both Lost Prelude and Lost Heartbeats. No spoilers give but I must state a proclaimer!!....
Lost Prelude MUST be read prior to Lost Heartbeats. They go hand in hand.

“I still feel it. Do you?”

I choose to read this series by the covers alone. I didn’t pay any attention to the synopsis before I quickly clicked buy and buy. I started reading instantly forgetting my list of reads I try to stick with. I could tell with in the first chapter that I would be telling my bookies
Literati Literature Lovers
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
as an amateur storyteller myself, i know how very precious and scary it can be to put your words out for the masses to read. these characters and their lives have become such a vital part of your everyday that you worry about the hands that will now help shape their future. in some ways, it is offering a bit of yourself up for scrutiny and it is therefore tantamount to help support author’s just beginning their careers.

i was lucky enough to get a change to read ella maise’s first novel, lost pre
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I saw the blurb for this book and was intrigued. The last few weeks I have come across some awesome blurbs but then when I download the sample the book falls flat.

So I downloaded the sample, one-clicked and devoured in 2 hours. No lie.

I am not a fan of cliffhangers...at all. I avoid them like the plague. HOWEVER, I do make the occasional exception and this is one of them. I promise you won't be disappointed.

That being said...here's my review.

Ella Maise wrote Maya and Alex as these deep, comp
Melanie
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
What I initially loved about Lost prelude was if you had read To Love Jason Thorn by Ella Maise you will have read about the newer book Olive was writing about Alexander and Maya. You don't need to have read To Love Jason Thorn, but it was kinda cool and original to start Lost Prelude and already have a 'slight clue'. Very clever!

I should also add that Lost Prelude is nothing like To Love Jason Thorn. If you are looking for unicorns, rainbows and all things happy, this book is probably not for y
Zoey Derrick
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
about 2 hours... that was how long it took me to devour this book.
half a box of kleenex was required to get me through it.

WOW!! Ella Maise is a newer author and certainly new to me.
The Book Nuts told me too - it's all Kelley's fault.... and while I am glad she did, she'll be getting a bill for a box of kleenex.

Okay so enough about the tears and....yup more tears...

I could relate to this book. Though I didn't have quite the emotional attachment to my father as Maya did, it wasn't all that lon
Sharon Mariampillai
This was a decent read. It follows a young woman named Maya, who is grieving the death of her father. He was the only family she had. She goes to New York and runs into Alexander. They do not see eye to eye in the beginning, but Alexander soon realizes that she is different. He helps mend her broken heart. The story was a bit confusing at times and I thought it lacked in a lot of parts throughout the book.

There was no characterization of who the characters actually are. I would like to know mor
Jo Ann
Aug 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Somewhere between 3 and 3 1/2 stars. There were glimpses of greatness but I had a hard time with a few things. The heroine was all over the place - I just couldn't get a handle on her character. One minute she's "woe is me" and the next she's spitting barbs at the hero (oh, and then f***ing his brains out). And since there's only the heroines POV she quickly got on my nerves. I'm guessing we'll get the hero's POV in book two (why can't authors just combine them in one book??!!).
Much of the dialo
Felecia Hickman- amaya
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a long time that completely captivated me from the beginning. From word one I was addicted Alexander and Maya we just perfectly flawed. I found myself sucked into their story. I was reading everywhere I went work, home, red lights , and waiting in traffic I simply could not stop until I finished. I'm so glad I didn't read this until the second book was out I'm not sure my heart could withstand the waiting.

This book will make you feel every thing from rage to bliss. It'
Jana Gundy
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was different from all others and that's a good thing. It's not a long story but packs a powerful punch. You have Maya who visits NYC to finish something for her dad who passed away recently. She meets Alexander who pushes all her buttons the wrong way. They finally give in to each other but she is only there for a few days so will she stay or go? We are left needing more and only getting Maya's side, I hope we get some Alexander POV in the next one!
Tahsin
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
This story is really unbelievable. For the vast majority of the book they hate each other - and then they love each other? But they don't, they're just sleeping together. There was nothing to believe here.
Karen
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. The premise is a little weak but oh, so romantic. I have feeling Jackson will be an issue in book 2. I enjoyed the character Adam and aunt Helen. Alex was a douche for a lot of the book...maybe someone else will find him differently. He seems like he could be redeemed???
Avalon
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Very cheesy

Can I start by saying the writing was confusing--it needed more editing. We have two immature characters who act like they have no life. Maya is beyond annoying. I often found myself rolling my eyes. I hope Book 2 is better.
Aleksandra Reads
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really liked it. Although it was too short. Can't wait for more.
Mandy Morgan
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book. It's emotional and has a good storyline. I was sucked in to the characters and couldn't put it down until I finished it.
Rose
Jan 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Ella Maise's writing is amazing (no doubt), but I felt like something was missing in the plot. Not sure what but I didn't like ending the book with a missing piece (despite the cliffhanger).
Shivangi Rai
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
How can you find someone when you are at your worst? How can you believe in a happily ever after after all that you loved is taken from you? The answer is YOU NEED SOMEONE LIKE ALEXANDER ROSS. The brooding asshole who got into Maya's life and changed it. Became her inevitable.
P.S: Is this the book that Olive was writing in Ella Maise To love Jason Thorne?
(view spoiler)
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Charade: Her Billionaire - Paris (Her Billionaire, #1)
  • Rule Breaker (Break on Through, #1)
  • Intensity (The Path to Serenity, #1)
  • Little Black Break (Little Black Book, #2)
  • He's Captured my Heart (Captured #1)
  • A Millionaire at Midnight (Bachelor Auction, #4)
  • Partners (Fire & Lies #1)
  • Contingent (Consensual, #3)
  • Hidden Barriers (Barriers #2)
  • Just Call Me Ninja
  • Eraser Platinum (Eraser #6)
  • The Starkest Truth (Breaking Insanity, #2)
  • Happy Endings (Welcome to Paradise, #3.5)
  • My Coyote Ugly Life (My Life, #1)
  • Shattered (Inevitable, #3)
  • Lussuria (Luminara, #1)
  • Red & Wolfe: The Complete Set
  • Reforming the Playboy (Passion Creek, #1)

Writing has become my world and I can’t imagine myself doing anything other than giving life to new characters and new stories. You know how some things simply makes your heart burst with happiness? A really good book, a puppy, hugging someone you’ve been missing like crazy? That’s what writing does to me. And all the hard work, all the sleepless nights, all the anxiety…everything is worth it at t

Alexander & Maya (2 books)
  • Lost Heartbeats (Alexander & Maya, #2)