Start by marking “How It Was Supposed To Be” as Want to Read:
How It Was Supposed To Be

How It Was Supposed To Be

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Reese Kennecott had everything he could ever want and life was good. He’s dating the guy of his dreams and has a great group of friends. The Kennecotts were living the carefree life as an upper middle class family until the day his father arrives home from work with the news that the company he has worked for since he was Reese’s age has gone out of business. Aside from th ...more
Published April 10th 2015

To ask other readers questions about How It Was Supposed To Be, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How It Was Supposed To Be

really liked it 4.00  ·

multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post:
Review Request: How It Was Supposed To Be by Jayson James
Review by: multitaskingmomma

My Rating: 4.5 of 5 Stars

Author Jayson James has this knack for writing about life as we know it. True, not all people would like to read about stuff like that but when written well, so lightly and given the twist that makes us smile at the end, it is all worthwhile spending the hour or two reading.

In this latest work, we have the story of Reese Kennecott and his family who lived the American
Alina Popescu
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was one sweet, angsty, touching ride that left me feeling hopeful. Reese’s story is one of growth as this young man faces more troubles than any teenager should. A boyfriend that comes along just when his life gets complicated, the responsibility of financially supporting his family as much as he can, maintaining friendships when he is too tired, and dealing with a snarky, absolutely horrendous boss at his less than stellar job – these are some of the issues our hero has to deal with.
To mak
Carly
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
This one just didn't do it for me. It was long and full of details, but seemed to jump back and forth between the main character's home life and friendships rather than flow seamlessly. I felt a bit like I was reading a series of short installments rather than a full length novel.

I felt for Reese and his family as they experienced the loss of his father's job and the changes that ensued, but was frustrated with the immature way that his parents responded to the situation. Their poor choices made
Bob S.
Sep 17, 2016 rated it liked it
In general, I like Jayson James' story lines. But I find them difficult to read. I'm constantly distracted by his sentence structure and the lack of contractions in dialogue. This book in particular has at least a hundred instances of words run together without a space between them. And way too many sentences with missing words. The services of a good editor would improve his books immensely.
Mary
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very good story. It deals with real life issues. ...I like that in a book!
Jayson James
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Dave Whitney
Jennivie
Jul 01, 2018
Luigia
Jul 15, 2018
Author of novels and short stories. Jayson James graduated from Western Washington University with a bachelor's degree in education. He was born and raised in Washington State, where he currently lives and teaches. Jayson's interests beyond writing include reading a variety of books, watching movies and drawing.