Start by marking “Mr. Popular” as Want to Read:

Mr. Popular

Rule #1: Do not vote for Mr. Popular.
Rule #2: Do not talk to Mr. Popular.
Rule #3: (Most importantly, and above all) Do not fall for Mr. Popular...

Liam 'Mr. Popular' Carter will always be the closest thing to the "walking plague" in my eyes. His cockiness seeps through his every move, and no matter how many state championships he wins with the basketball team, he will f
Published February 27th 2017

Start your review of Mr. Popular
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
➳Nicole London has brought a new contemporary romance to the table, bringing back those feelings of having a high school crush with the whole package of emotional attachment with Liam and Mariah…

➳In this second chance love story, Nicole London brings the attention to the reader that even through the toughest of times love is always there through the passion from a special someone, your family, or your friends. Liam and Mariah have known each other for a long time. Being next door neighbors,
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 - 4 ★'s

I really enjoyed Nicole London's Resentment and while this is a bit similar, it stays within the parameters of high school making this a young adult/new adult book.

Liam is Mariah's brother's best friend but they have all grown up together. The story is told in the present with scenes in the past sprinkled throughout. Those scenes deal with their days at summer camp and something that happened between Liam and Mariah and the reason she now hates him.

There's almost a parallel with wh
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
So, perhaps I shouldn't have read this book right on the heels of Ms. London's book, Resentment.

description

This was so very similar to that book, that I was actually having trouble keeping the two stories straight while I was reading this one.
So much was same, same, same.

description

Smart high school girl who hates everything to do with the "popular" kids... smart high school jock who is super popular and has girls falling at his feet... he only has eyes for her... she wants nothing to do with him... he wears her d
Olga therebelreader
DNF...no rating.
I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately this book was not for me. So, I move on.

photo teliki9-2_zpspldo0hjj.jpg
Sterling
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Nicole London
⭐⭐

Safe Read. Geek meets Mr. Popular which is also my brother's bestfriend. I think Nicole London had been secretly a nerd and she had a crush on a certain Mr. Popular on high school. This is my second read on her and yeah there are similarities.

I can't say much tho, the book itself is a mix of present and past story. When Mariah was first introduced in the story, I knew there's a back story cause she keeps on metiontioning something "in the past", "like before" or some sh
Beverly
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I love a brother's best friend story, but this one was a little too immature for me. That being said I think the maturity level is probably right on for high school students, it just wasn't a win for me. I pretty sure it means I am getting old. :-/
Briana Pacheco
description

It's kind of hard to write this review. I was sooo excited for Mr. Popular. Like, I legit went full on fangirl once I saw the updated cover and read the blurb. (Alex Prange--the cover model, is a fucking hottie and those damn eyes may have persuaded me a bit more....) I read the author's debut novel and saw potential but after reading this, I feel duped. Out of every character, the Coach was my favorite. And that's not okay... Unfortunately, Mr. Popular was lacking depth, and it was pissing me o
G
I'm getting too old for this shit.

Lexy
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so intense when I listen to it but good.
Nadine Wilmschen
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, sports, high-school
4 Stars

I don't read a lot of YA and if I had been aware of that this story is YA and not NA, I'm not sure if I would've picked this up. The cover is a little bit misleading. The half-naked guy is at least 10 years older than Mr. Popular, Liam.

Both, Liam and Mariah, are very young when they get together for the first time. The author doesn't mention their age but they must be ~ 13/14 and ~ 15/16. This part was hard for me. I'm sorry because I know a lot of people like YA, but I don't enjoy readi
Melanie (mells_view)
Quick angsty mature YA.

This was good. It kept me reading that's for sure.

This is an older brother's best friend romance. Filled with cliche high school angst. Liam is Mr. Popular, and Mariah is his best friends little sister. This is sort of a second chance romance, but you don't really know why until it's explained. Much of the angst is petty, and could be solved with communication, but that's high school for ya, so I think the author did a great job.

If you love angsty mature YA, then this book
GimmeAllTheWerdssss

This is Ms London's second book and while I can def seen an improvement there were some major things that just killed this book.

(view spoiler)
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
3.5 Stars

I didn't really like/love this one as much as I wanted. The story sounded exciting, the blurb sounded fun. But there were a lot of things that I just couldn't handle. Like in the beginning I just couldn't like Liam, so you have a girlfriend but you don't like her she is annoying why the hell did you start dating her? And why the hell if you come to the conclusion that you needed to break up with her wait until a specific date? Like dump the tramp immediately, even I disliked her from th
Aly
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook, 2019
This was a good brother's best friend romance. Liam is a cutie and I liked that he had morals and didn't sleep around with all the girls in school like his best friend did. He and Mariah have a long, complicated history and I felt bad for her that things kept happening to make it seem like Liam didn't care about her and he did a poor job of explaining the truth. When they were together, I liked that he didn't push her into anything and let her guide what happened.
The story was cute and fairly w
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: july-2018
Ok guys I listened to the audiobook for this and I lost my fucking patience. Mariah girl what the hell are you doing why do you have the worst trust issues ever???? Girl you straight up have no character development whatsoever. Liam has been nothing but faithful to you yet you can't even give him the benefit of the doubt. The boy does everything for you and it's clear he treats you differently from his past girlfriends. You are an idiot!!! For not listening to him whenever he speaks the truth. H ...more
Haidoulina
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5 stars.
This was random.... I had continuation problems... I was reading and couldn't understand if some events happened at the same time or they were days or weeks between them.... I also didn't connect with the characters and didn't understand the drama and somewhat hate between them.... It was an easy read and thankfully didn't take a lot of time....
Rejane
Feb 25, 2017 marked it as not-interested
High schoolers??? Nem a pau do juvenal.
I'm light years out

Karrington
Feb 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: high-school, on-hold
I'm stopping 32% into it for a couple of reasons. I'll try to go back to this closer to the release date.
Didi
This was okay, good parts mixed with not so good. Yes, it felt young, but it's YA and I knew that going in.
Mariah wasn't my favorite character. I sometimes wondered what Liam saw in her, not to be mean, but she came across as two dimensional sometimes, while at others could be quite annoying and immature.
The book also glossed over plot points that were important, like (view spoiler).
Anyways, it was likeable, so
Chloe Friend
I enjoyed this easy read but the protagonist annoyed me at times... she seemed very immature and untrusting. I mean she is in high school but even so...
Hailey
Mar 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
I get that this is a new author, but what the f*ck did I just read? This read like a book written by a 12 year old who got all her dirty info from OTHER dirty books. The main character was vapid and annoying, even her main issue of "betrayal" she felt from Liam had no standing and was blown out of proportion. And dear god the writing! The whole time all I could think was, she knows people don't actually talk like this right? I don't care that it's fiction, no excuse. If you are going to write an ...more
Maddy's Reading
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love New Adult romances. There is a certain innocence in the characters. This book was typical high school romance. Liam Carter is Mr. Popular, school's basketball star and Mariah's elder brother's best friend. She has a hate-hate relationship with him. When they are chosen partners in their english class, their interactions bring back memories of an older broken romance.
I did not like Mariah's naivety, but loved Liam's dedication and honesty. All in all a sweet and cute romance.
Mai Linh
I read this 3 weeks ago and I remember nothing - says a lot about the book.

The synopsis is actually intriguing and from the little that I do recall, I just thought it was a bit whiny, not realistic and not even funny.

e.g. The heroine keeps texting the wrong people. Yeah, it happens, but not 10x in one story. Come on girl, you can do better than that.

It had so much potential, I'm actually disappointed.

The worst thing is that I can't even actively hate this book, it was too meh.
Samira
Okay, so I assumed from the book cover this was a book about college students or older because I'm pretty sure 99.9 % of 17 year old boys don't have a body that ripped. Well, he's an athlete, but like come one. Also, high school romances always have super innocent book covers and not with a half-naked guy😄

I rarely read the entire book blurb beforehand and just dive right in if I find it interesting enough. I still can't believe the characters are so young! Liam is 17 and Mariah is 15 or 16 (I th
Rose
I kind of expected Mr. Popular to have a little more angst than it did after reading the synopsis. The characters had a history that wasn't always good and besides the first couple chapters- they got along pretty well. Which isn't a bad thing unless you go in expecting something else like I did. I actually did enjoy Liam & Ryah's book and it kept me interested enough. On the sweeter side than I expected. ...more
Three Chicks
Review by Lisa Kane

Liam Carter is the "it" guy-gorgeous, smart, talented-the one that every guy envies and every girl wants. He's Mariah Dawson's older brother Zach's best friend.

If I'm ever granted my wish of personally kicking one person off this planet, that person will definitely be Liam Carter. )Also knows as Mr. Asshole Mr. Popular) Star of the basketball team, top cheater on the national Spanish exam (there's no way he scored higher than me), and man of my nightmares, Liam walks through
dintyrk
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mr. Popular, oh how long have I waited for you?

If you're into light, fluffy, high school romance, then Mr. Popular is for you! I was reading another book when I realized that I wanted something angsty and then, boom, ARC received!!!

This book is about older brother's best friend, forbidden romance, secret meetings, second chances – recipe for that angsty romance! Love this trope so much. It's a cliché but one that never fails me and will forever be one of my favorites. Haha!

My issues center
Mayra Biggs
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Keeping secrets is never good. But building a relationship based on trust is one if the key points for success! I love how the love story develops for years before they get back together!
Eleanor
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Forgotten Stars

Hmm where to start, although this was well written and a good story line that made me read to the last pages, it wasn't really my cup of tea. That's not to say it wasn't good and others won’t love it. It just wasn't for me.

Liam & Mariah, from the start are portrayed as hating each other. However it comes to light that Liam has always loved Mariah. Once they get over the arguments they start to realise they feel the same for each other and so their romance begins.

Mr Popular
Ann Rhod
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I normally don't read YA romances because I feel I am passed that stage and generally like reading about people in my age group but this book impressed me. This is her second book and if anyone has read her previous book, trust you this one is way better. Like most readers who read her other book and didn't like it, I was extremely sceptical about this book. But I took a chance on it and read it and I can assure you I love it. It left butterflies in my tummy and had my toes curling in happiness ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• My Enemy Next Door
  • Sincerely, Carter (Sincerely Carter, #1)
  • Forget You, Ethan (Forget You Ethan, #1)
  • On a Tuesday (One Week, #1)
  • Forget You, Rachel (Forget You Ethan, #1.5)
  • Sincerely, Arizona (Sincerely Carter, #1.5)
  • Two Weeks Notice
  • Over Us, Over You
  • My Best Friend's Brother (Soulmates, #2)
  • The Break-Up Bet
  • Cocky Client (Steamy Coffee Collection, #3)
  • Thirty Day Boyfriend
  • The Kissing Game: A Sweet YA Boarding School Romance (Kiss Academy Book 1)
  • Hatemates
  • The Layover
  • Turbulence: The Epilogue (Turbulence, #1.5)
  • Naughty Boss (Steamy Coffee Collection, #1)
  • Rumor Has It (Rumor Has It, #1)
Nicole London is a hopeless dreamer and author of romance novels.

She lives with her husband and their Siberian Husky in Tennessee. When she's not chatting books with her best friend, she's sipping lattes at Starbucks, binge-watching her favorite shows, or planning her next travel adventure.

You can connect with her on Facebook via Author Nicole London or on Instagram: @Nicole_London_Author