Start by marking “Mr. Popular” as Want to Read:

3.63  ·  Rating Details ·  1,144 Ratings  ·  139 Reviews
Rule #1: Do not vote for Mr. Popular.
Rule #2: Do not talk to Mr. Popular.
Rule #3: (Most importantly, and above all) Do not fall for Mr. Popular...

Liam 'Mr. Popular' Carter will always be the closest thing to the "walking plague" in my eyes. His cockiness seeps through his every move, and no matter how many state championships he wins with the basketball team, he will f
Published February 27th 2017

Cristina | CristiinaReads
Feb 06, 2017 Cristina | CristiinaReads rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
➳Nicole London has brought a new contemporary romance to the table, bringing back those feelings of having a high school crush with the whole package of emotional attachment with Liam and Mariah…

➳In this second chance love story, Nicole London brings the attention to the reader that even through the toughest of times love is always there through the passion from a special someone, your family, or your friends. Liam and Mariah have known each other for a long time. Being next door neighbors, an
Nicole London
Apr 13, 2015 Nicole London rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
SO excited for you all to read MR. POPULAR! And beyond excited to show you the cover!  It's so damn sexy! :-)

Link to MR. POPULAR on Pinterest : http://bit.ly/1OJn0zD

Link to me on FB: http://bit.ly/1LqYsX3

Link to my newsletter (ARCs, exclusives, & giveaways!) (Read Mr. Popular early!):  http://eepurl.com/bkhKNX
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 - 4 ★'s

I really enjoyed Nicole London's Resentment and while this is a bit similar, it stays within the parameters of high school making this a young adult/new adult book.

Liam is Mariah's brother's best friend but they have all grown up together. The story is told in the present with scenes in the past sprinkled throughout. Those scenes deal with their days at summer camp and something that happened between Liam and Mariah and the reason she now hates him.

There's almost a parallel with wh
Olga therebelreader
DNF...no rating.
I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately this book was not for me. So, I move on.

photo teliki9-2_zpspldo0hjj.jpg
Bea Sterling
Mar 17, 2017 Bea Sterling rated it it was ok
Nicole London
⭐⭐

Safe Read. Geek meets Mr. Popular which is also my brother's bestfriend. I think Nicole London had been secretly a nerd and she had a crush on a certain Mr. Popular on high school. This is my second read on her and yeah there are similarities.

I can't say much tho, the book itself is a mix of present and past story. When Mariah was first introduced in the story, I knew there's a back story cause she keeps on metiontioning something "in the past", "like before" or some sh
Beverly
Mar 06, 2017 Beverly rated it liked it
I love a brother's best friend story, but this one was a little too immature for me. That being said I think the maturity level is probably right on for high school students, it just wasn't a win for me. I pretty sure it means I am getting old. :-/
Briana Pacheco
description

It's kind of hard to write this review. I was sooo excited for Mr. Popular. Like, I legit went full on fangirl once I saw the updated cover and read the blurb. (Alex Prange--the cover model, is a fucking hottie and those damn eyes may have persuaded me a bit more....) I read the author's debut novel and saw potential but after reading this, I feel duped. Out of every character, the Coach was my favorite. And that's not okay... Unfortunately, Mr. Popular was lacking depth, and it was pissing me o
ReadingisMyEscape

This is Ms London's second book and while I can def seen an improvement there were some major things that just killed this book.

(view spoiler)
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
3.5 Stars

I didn't really like/love this one as much as I wanted. The story sounded exciting, the blurb sounded fun. But there were a lot of things that I just couldn't handle. Like in the beginning I just couldn't like Liam, so you have a girlfriend but you don't like her she is annoying why the hell did you start dating her? And why the hell if you come to the conclusion that you needed to break up with her wait until a specific date? Like dump the tramp immediately, even I disliked her from th
Haidoulina
Feb 28, 2017 Haidoulina rated it liked it
2.5 stars.
This was random.... I had continuation problems... I was reading and couldn't understand if some events happened at the same time or they were days or weeks between them.... I also didn't connect with the characters and didn't understand the drama and somewhat hate between them.... It was an easy read and thankfully didn't take a lot of time....
Rejane
Feb 25, 2017 Rejane marked it as not-interested
High schoolers??? Nem a pau do juvenal.
I'm light years out

Karrington ( Blog of Books)
I'm stopping 32% into it for a couple of reasons. I'll try to go back to this closer to the release date.
Nadine
Mar 04, 2017 Nadine rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports, ya, high-school
4 Stars

I don't read a lot of YA and if I had been aware of that this story is YA and not NA, I'm not sure if I would've picked this up. The cover is a little bit misleading. The half-naked guy is at least 10 years older than Mr. Popular, Liam.

Both, Liam and Mariah, are very young when they get together for the first time. The author doesn't mention their age but they must be ~ 13/14 and ~ 15/16. This part was hard for me. I'm sorry because I know a lot of people like YA, but I don't enjoy readi
Didi
This was okay, good parts mixed with not so good. Yes, it felt young, but it's YA and I knew that going in.
Mariah wasn't my favorite character. I sometimes wondered what Liam saw in her, not to be mean, but she came across as two dimensional sometimes, while at others could be quite annoying and immature.
The book also glossed over plot points that were important, like (view spoiler).
Anyways, it was likeable, so
Chloe Friend
I enjoyed this easy read but the protagonist annoyed me at times... she seemed very immature and untrusting. I mean she is in high school but even so...
Maddy's Reading
Feb 27, 2017 Maddy's Reading rated it really liked it
I love New Adult romances. There is a certain innocence in the characters. This book was typical high school romance. Liam Carter is Mr. Popular, school's basketball star and Mariah's elder brother's best friend. She has a hate-hate relationship with him. When they are chosen partners in their english class, their interactions bring back memories of an older broken romance.
I did not like Mariah's naivety, but loved Liam's dedication and honesty. All in all a sweet and cute romance.
Samira
Okay, so I assumed from the book cover this was a book about college students or older because I'm pretty sure 99.9 % of 17 year old boys don't have a body that ripped. Well, he's an athlete, but like come one. Also, high school romances always have super innocent book covers and not with a half-naked guy😄

I rarely read the entire book blurb beforehand and just dive right in if I find it interesting enough. I still can't believe the characters are so young! Liam is 17 and Mariah is 15 or 16 (I th
Rose
I kind of expected Mr. Popular to have a little more angst than it did after reading the synopsis. The characters had a history that wasn't always good and besides the first couple chapters- they got along pretty well. Which isn't a bad thing unless you go in expecting something else like I did. I actually did enjoy Liam & Ryah's book and it kept me interested enough. On the sweeter side than I expected.
Three Chicks
Feb 27, 2017 Three Chicks rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

Liam Carter is the "it" guy-gorgeous, smart, talented-the one that every guy envies and every girl wants. He's Mariah Dawson's older brother Zach's best friend.

If I'm ever granted my wish of personally kicking one person off this planet, that person will definitely be Liam Carter. )Also knows as Mr. Asshole Mr. Popular) Star of the basketball team, top cheater on the national Spanish exam (there's no way he scored higher than me), and man of my nightmares, Liam walks through
dintyrk
Feb 27, 2017 dintyrk rated it really liked it
Mr. Popular, oh how long have I waited for you?

If you're into light, fluffy, high school romance, then Mr. Popular is for you! I was reading another book when I realized that I wanted something angsty and then, boom, ARC received!!!

This book is about older brother's best friend, forbidden romance, secret meetings, second chances – recipe for that angsty romance! Love this trope so much. It's a cliché but one that never fails me and will forever be one of my favorites. Haha!

My issues center
Eleanor
Mar 06, 2017 Eleanor rated it really liked it
3.5 Forgotten Stars

Hmm where to start, although this was well written and a good story line that made me read to the last pages, it wasn't really my cup of tea. That's not to say it wasn't good and others won’t love it. It just wasn't for me.

Liam & Mariah, from the start are portrayed as hating each other. However it comes to light that Liam has always loved Mariah. Once they get over the arguments they start to realise they feel the same for each other and so their romance begins.

Mr Popu
Mai Linh
I read this 3 weeks ago and I remember nothing - says a lot about the book.

The synopsis is actually intriguing and from the little that I do recall, I just thought it was a bit whiny, not realistic and not even funny.

e.g. The heroine keeps texting the wrong people. Yeah, it happens, but not 10x in one story. Come on girl, you can do better than that.

It had so much potential, I'm actually disappointed.

The worst thing is that I can't even actively hate this book, it was too meh.
Maria...
Feb 13, 2017 Maria... marked it as to-read
The blurb got me again!

Ok maybe the cover too..

But only a little!( Yeah right...)

description

Like I didn't have enough in my to read list!!!
Samantha Larkin
Mar 04, 2017 Samantha Larkin rated it liked it
This is a 3.5 for me!
It's was good but a few things were not answered, like a small reference to his mum ( and how a phone call from her would upset him??) and why weren't they girlfriend/boyfriend between the camp years?? They were together at camp but ignored each other when they went home (but they lived down the same street right??)

Plus it carried at a nice place until the end, when it stopped quite abruptly. It does have a HFN ending but I would have liked a epilogue maybe from her first d
Phebe Smith
Does anyone know when it's coming out? I was really quite excited to read it.
Claudia Alfaro
Feb 27, 2017 Claudia Alfaro rated it it was amazing
 photo Mr. Popular_zpsoihrrzle.png
5 stars

MR POPULAR is a book about second chance/ friends-to-lovers romance or maybe I should say enemies-to-lovers story. Because it's a fact that Mariah and Liam can't be friends. They have history together, they have to be lovers or not friends at all. I enjoyed this book so much! It’s my first novel by Nicole London and I’ll make sure it won’t be the last.

Mariah Dawson has known Liam Carter forever. He is the "guy next door" (literally, he is her neighbor), her brother’s (Zach Dawson) best f
Sara
Mar 26, 2017 Sara rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, epub
I enjoyed reading this book, although at times it was frustrating. And the characters a bit immature.
Liam was sweet and hot, and I liked him most of the time I guess, but there were some times I didn't get him, really. He was like "God, no guy's gonna bear to stay more than one hour with Mariah before running like hell, cause she's annoying and she's a prude and won't put out, ever" but he's in love with her? I mean, you think she's not worth it, but you still want her to be your GF? Explain me
Book-Lover Book Blog
Mar 28, 2017 Book-Lover Book Blog rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read from this author and I absolutely LOVED it! I love high school/college romances and this one was phenomenal.

Even though I loved the characters, they all had flaws that annoyed me; Mariah - jealousy. Liam - cockiness. Zach - he's not just over protective but he's a complete butthole. If I had a brother like that, I'd be tempted to run away!

The story flowed nicely and I loved how we were taken back to the past at Camp Briar where everything started for Mariah and
Lindsay
I was surprised by this book. Not in a bad way, but that Mariah was just a sophomore. I really liked Liam and his friendship and later relationship with Mariah. I wish that there was a little more information as to what happened in the past, how they never really talked about what happened. It just seemed like a long time passed without Liam trying to talk to Mairah about what had happened and her avoiding him...especially when they lived next door to each other.

While the characters were a litt
phoebess
It was a pretty sweet story. I enjoyed it, but it would be hundred times better if it was just about Liam, because Mariah was pissing me off 90 percent of the time. And that's a lot. She was depicted as a smart person, but it was all just smoke and mirrors. More accurate description of her would be... Well, she was so ditzy it hurt.
  • The Silent Waters (Elements, #3)
  • Pen vs. Sword
  • Forget You, Ethan
  • The Boy Next Door (Off-Limits Romance, #2)
  • Lucas (Preston Brothers, #1)
  • Singe (Guardian Protection, #1)
  • Welcome to the Cameo Hotel
  • Untitled (Devious Minds, #2)
  • The Hot Shot (Game On, #4)
  • Three Rules
  • Four Letter Word (Dirty Deeds, #1)
  • Bright Midnight
  • Harley & Rose
  • Dream Cuts
  • Brave (Contours of the Heart, #4)
  • Illusions of Evil
  • Romantica (The Romantica Trilogy, #1)
  • After Tomorrow (One Day Soon, #1.5)
Nicole London is a hopeless dreamer, author of Resentment and the co-founder of The Indie Tea, an inspirational blog for indie romance authors. When she's not at Starbucks chatting books with her best friend, she can be found plotting her next travel adventure with her husband.

Reach Nicole on Facebook--> http://on.fb.me/1DoeJtn
Reach Nicole on Instagram--> http://bit.ly/1ECVgWK
Reach Nicole vi
More about Nicole London...

“By the way, congratulations, Mr. M.V.P.” “What?” I cross my arms. “I didn’t win MVP, Zach. You did.” “I know.” 0 likes