Start by marking “The Silence, the Series, and the Season of Sungwoo” as Want to Read:
The Silence, the Series, and the Season of Sungwoo

The Silence, the Series, and the Season of Sungwoo

Nobody in Kansas City who lived it will ever forget the summer of 2014. A beaten and battered baseball team. A fan-base who had all but given up. And a city that needed a lucky streak. Then along came Lee Sungwoo. Chris Kamler tells the story as only he can about a pennant chase, a good luck charm and a city that needed it all to break a 29 year long run of bad luck.
Published by Page 3 Network (first published March 1st 2015)

Be the first to ask a question about The Silence, the Series, and the Season of Sungwoo

Start your review of The Silence, the Series, and the Season of Sungwoo
Dave
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Given the awful state of my favorite baseball team the Kansas City Royals, I have spent the last month reliving the glory and the joy of the season of 2014 and 2015 when out of the blue the Royals came within 90 feet of winning the World Series. And returned to win it all in 2015. And 5 years later find themselves at the bottom again. This book brings back many great memories of wonderful moments. I have a box full of memories I have been slowly unpacking this month.
Adam Paul Cooper
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved this book. Loved this season. Chris's take on the 2014 Royals is a good one - one that everyone who followed the team ought to take the time to enjoy again. Thankful for this book and the memories within its pages.
Jello
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A love story to Kansas City and the amazing Summer of 2014. More than a baseball book, it helps to define what living in Kansas City is like.
meg
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As a lifelong die hard Royals fan this book took me right back to the steps I paced in my house during the Wild Card Game! I remember trying so hard not to scream when Salvy blooped the ball past the A's 3rd baseman! I felt the anxiety of the series against the Angels and the Orioles. I was at the edge of my seat hoping for a different outcome that wasn't 90 ft away from tears of joy. Instead the tears of sorrow came back! Mixed in with pride, pride for those boys in blue who fought like hell an ...more
Eric Matthews
Jereme Altendorf
Oct 25, 2016
Anna Weber
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You can't fight the magic.
Pat T
Apr 12, 2015
Pete Henderson
Oct 18, 2018
Chris Kamler
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Nene
added it
Mar 20, 2017
Jeremiah N Calcara
Mar 13, 2018

• Heartland: A Memoir of Working Hard and Being Broke in the Richest Country on Earth
  • The Last Job: "The Bad Grandpas" and the Hatton Garden Heist
  • Searching for Stonewall Jackson: A Quest for Legacy in a Divided America
  • The Drifter (Peter Ash, #1)
  • A Dangerous Man (Elvis Cole, #18; Joe Pike, #7)
  • The Night Fire (Harry Bosch #22; Renée Ballard, #3; Harry Bosch Universe, #32)
  • Rock with Wings (Leaphorn  & Chee, #20)
  • Full Count: The Education of a Pitcher
  • Let's Play Two: The Legend of Mr. Cub, the Life of Ernie Banks
  • The Old Ways: A Journey on Foot
  • After the Storm (Kate Burkholder, #7)
  • The Life and Afterlife of Harry Houdini
  • Shane
  • Tear It Down (Peter Ash, #4)
  • The Last Thing You Surrender
  • Old Black Magic (Spenser, #46)
  • I Never Had It Made
  • Unleashed (Andy Carpenter #11)
1 follower
Chris is a Kansas Citian and tortured sports fan. He is also a freelance journalist and broadcaster. He has a weekly column called "The Rambling Moron" for The Platte County Landmark and has contributed content to Sports Radio 810, ESPN 1510, 810Varsity.com and Referee Magazine. Chris has also just completed his first book about the Royals pennant chase of 2014 and their fans called "The Silence, ...more

News & Interviews