Start by marking “The Light (Equilibrium, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Light (Equilibrium, #2)

The Light

(Equilibrium #2)

With the truth of Ellie’s place among the Balance Keepers finally coming to light, training now begins. She must learn to harness the powers that are growing within her, some spiraling out of control. Confusion and frustration become her constant companions, as her search for answers does nothing but push her further from the man she’s come to love.

David is The
143 pages
Published May 2015 by Patchwork Press

To ask other readers questions about The Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Light

Anne Monteith
Jun 05, 2015 rated it liked it
When I was approved to read an ARC in exchange for an unbiased review I saw that this was the second book in the series and I went and purchased THE CORE, the first novel in the Equilibrium Series and I am glad that I did so as I do not think a reader should start with this book or a later one in the series as they will not have the back story that will help them appreciate the series.

I found both books interesting and they were a very quick, entertaining read. The characters were we
Marie
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Seeing Ellie's struggle with her new abilities, and the men in her life, gave this story such depth. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
K.S. Marsden
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ellie has accepted her part in the elite group that work tirelessly to maintain balance on earth. Now all she has to do is learn how to control her powers, as well as discover the mystery of why she has been chosen.

The Light is a fun short read. It is part 2 in the new Equilibrium series, following smoothly on from The Core.
I was cautious about reading something that classed itself as New Adult - it's a genre I have a little less patience with. But I needn't have worried, this
Carissa
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After reading book 1 and loving it, I immediately jumped into book 2 and WOW, was I not disappointed! It was fantastic. Kate Thomas is a fantastic author, my favorite part about her books is how clear she creates the story, I feel like I am transported into the story and can see what is happening.

I cannot wait to read the next book.
Tamara
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Light and dark

This series is phenomenal. Elle and her twin brother struggle to care for ailing mother all while Elle tried to find the secrets in the group she has found herself in.
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

When the first story in this series, The Core, concluded I knew that this series had the potential to be simply amazing. The Light only reinforces that feeling. I’ve already preordered The Future (the third book in the series that releases in August 2015) and if that doesn’t tell you what I think of this series, I don’t know what would. Note: I rarely preorder, I wait usually. But this time I didn’t want to depend on my memory of when to head to the
Kelly Akemann
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing

After I completed The Core, I felt anxious and nervous. What would happen in book 2? What didn't happen in Book 2?!

The Light is another amazing 5 star book by Kate Thomas. It picks right up where the first book ends. Ellie returns to New York from L. A. where she was on a business trip with David. You get explore the relationship between David and Ellie more as well as Victor's relationship with Ellie and her relationship with her brother. There are a bunch of interactions between all the chara
Penny
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Ellie has found out her position in the Balance Keepers and begins her training begins with David, who is the Light, or the speaker of truth, and then she must train with the other three as well. As she continues her studies with David, she realizes he’s keeping a secret from her. She feels a little betrayed and starts to turn to Victor, the Darkness, who wants to help her from having to feel the sadness and despair of using the Darkness. Already dealing with the idea she may never have a relati ...more
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Oh gosh! This series just keeps getting better and better, fiercer and fiercer, bolder and bolder. I was astounded with the uniqueness of this story, beginning with The Core, when Ellie just learned about the gold dusts, the power to compel people to do her commands, and the balance of dark and light. Now, on this second book, Ellie began her training with The Light, David, and had also encountered the equally mysterious character, Victor. Things between the three are getting complicated as time ...more
Kate Mclaughlin
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kate Thomas, what have you done to me?

The Light, the 2nd book in the Equilibrium series is amazing and more intense than The Core. The characters and the plot just keep getting better, I found myself hardly able to put it down.
It is very refreshing to have a paranormal romance steeped with religious undertones, for me anyway,this is a new way to approach an ever expanding genre.
The complex relationships between the balance keepers kept me turning the pages. From the first chapter of
Sharon
Jun 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, paranormal
I would like to thank NetGalley for providing me with an electronic copy of The Light to review. As Ellie continues her training with David and the other members of Equilibrium, she learns more about being the Core. When this knowledge inevitably leads to more questions, Ellie may not be ready to hear the startling revelations. The author does a great job in revealing more about the Balance Keepers and the creation of Equilibrium. Although the plot is slow moving, the information contained withi ...more
Duawana Wilson
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kate Thomas does it again!!! A great follow up to The Core. You get sucked into the story right away. Ellie's finds herself struggling with her gifts as the Core and the two men in her life that is pulling at her heart. Elllie finds out that she is much stronger than she thinks; but she still has a long way to go before she is completely ready to head The Equilibrium. One of the things about this series that is so personal to me is the story of Ellie's mom. I can relate very well with this situa ...more
Jo
Dec 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
So after the cliffhanger ending of the first book, I approached this one wondering if I would enjoy this, the second in the series quite as much. To be honest, I needn’t have worried. We are exposed to more from the other members of the group and see more of Ellie’s struggle.

In fact, this book is just ‘more’ throughout. More engaging, and more character development. And….more intrigue. Well, what’s a story without intrigue, right?

Ellie’s relationship with David is still f
Roxanne Dugger-Martinez
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Light was as good as The Core. The only thing that bothered me was that it took Ellie too long to figure out who the previous Core was. She had been given all of the clues but wasn't listening. This was a very good paranormal read with interesting characters and great dialogue. The story flowed well and kept me interested page after page. It ends with a bomb of a cliffhanger. I can't wait too read the rest of the series.
Teresa Derrick
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Once again the author has brought Elle, David, Veronica, Sandra, and Victor together in a complex balance for good and evil upon the Earth. Her training as the core has begun. The relationships between all of the Equilibrium has to be close but equal yet distrust and love threaten to tear it all apart. Can Elle as the core hold the balance between them all? I cannot wait to see what the next book brings.
Nancy Jones
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Gifted copy for honest review.

I really enjoyed The Light. The story continues with Elle and David. Elle starts training with David to learn how to harness her powers. She falls in love with David even thou it forbidden. She also meets with Victor to learn more about Equilibrium. I highly recommend this one.
Patti
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This being the second in the series was an interesting part to what will be a good paranormal book. About light and dark and how the good and bad prevail as an equal. I am not someone that normally reads this kind of book, there is lots of chemistry between the characters and its different because there is nothing but good between them, sexual without the sex
Amanda Perrie
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 in this series definitely deserves another 5 stars.

picking up where The Core ended, life is not going smoothly for Ellie. Between taking her place in the group, trying to discover the truth about her father & dealing with her mother's illness she is having a rough ride.

I am loving this series by Kate Thomas & can't wait to read The Future.

**Copy received for honest review**
Paula Genereau
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ellie's place finally comes to place. She now has to do training.

David is the Light.. He wants more than he can have with his new apprentice. He knows what the future but he’s forbidden to help.

As tragedy becomes reality, will she reach for The Light, or run into the soothing arms of The Darkness?
Annie B.
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I Loved The first one !!! This One was even more !!! The Story Just keeps Getting better and Better !! Love The way its written, its like a rollercoaster, it builts up as it goes , it keeps Getting higher and higher Until Bam, Your Almost ready to Fall and then it ends with you wanting More !! Loved it!! If you like Paranormal books, You need to read This serie
Tamra LeValley
Jun 18, 2016 rated it liked it
I would have given it 4-stars but it was not a stand alone novel. I really dislike an author who attempts to force you to buy their books in order to finish a one book novel.

This book was written well and the plot was fantastic.
Mindy McCray
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
Kate Thomas really outdone herself with The Light. The characters are well written and love them all. David, Victor and Jacob are all swoon worthy. Can't wait to see what happens next!
Kathryn Synoracki
I was given this book by the author for an honest review! Please I want more of this series! It is so good and I can't wait to find out what happens next!
Emma Taylor
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh my word. What a book! I needed to find out what happened and now that I know for this book I need the next one. Kate did an amazing job with this series and I LOVE her characters.
Kat  Calloway
Jan 16, 2017
Sheri Johnson
Apr 19, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Kate Thomas, is the author of the upcoming Equilibrium Series, a five-book supernatural new adult series, with plans for a few more series in 2015.

She is a CPA by trade, a church planter and entrepreneur at heart; however, writing and reading are passions she just can't help but indulge in. With more ideas than one person should be allowed, she is blessed to have a muse that doesn't seem to take

Equilibrium (3 books)
  • The Core (Equilibrium, #1)
  • The Future (Equilibrium , #3)