Start by marking “The Gingerbread Café Trilogy (The Gingerbread Cafe, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Gingerbread Café Trilogy (The Gingerbread Cafe, #1-3)

The Gingerbread Café Trilogy

(The Gingerbread Cafe #1-3)

Enjoy the warmth, cupcakes and hot chocolate at The Gingerbread Café…

Christmas is the season the Gingerbread Café was made for and Lil has every recipe down, from gingerbread men to cinnamon muffins. So when gorgeous outsider Damon opens a shop opposite The Gingerbread Café in the lead up to Christmas, Lil refuses to let him steal her customers without a fight – no matter
Kindle Edition
Published April 10th 2015 by Carina

To ask other readers questions about The Gingerbread Café Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gingerbread Café Trilogy

Start your review of The Gingerbread Café Trilogy (The Gingerbread Cafe, #1-3)
Magdalena
A lovely, charming, feel-good read that celebrates the power of friendship and love. Thoroughly enjoyed it!
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
Yet again one of my favourite authors of 2018 manages to ensconce me in her winning combination of contemporary romance, adorable characters, a genuinely interesting story and the added bonus of a delicious round of baked treats. A Gingerbread Café Christmas, written by the delightful Rebecca Raisin, is a set of three novellas in one. These three stories all follow the likeable Lil, owner of the Gingerbread Café and her adventures in life and love i
Mikayla
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I loved the first novella in this one, I found it to be sweet and very cute. I couldn't get enough of this one.

The second one was pretty average, though, I found that the vibes were a little off, but I'm unsure if it was because of a certain character or just in general.

All I have to say about the third one it that I couldn't get through it. It wasn't great, though I did skip to the end to get an Idea of what went on, it was still just utterly tiresome.
Marie’s Book Boutique
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have nothing but love for The Gingerbread Cafe series, it's such a wonderful read! Beautiful writing which transports you right there with the characters; who are by the way completely charming!

In this trilogy there is everything you want from a series; love, Frendship,passion and all things sweet and yummy!!

I highly recommend this enchanting series to everyone because it's wonderful. It's something you would pick up to read again and again.
Samantha Tonge
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful, uplifting - and scrumptious! - trilogy. Raisin has a real talent for creating a cosy world, with heartwarming characters you very quickly care about. Her writing is descriptive without being slow-paced and soon hooks you into the plotline. Highly recommended but not for anyone just starting a diet!
Divya Khare
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I truly loved and enjoyed reading this wonderful book by Rebecca Raisin. It’s a perfect read for Christmas. This book is all about Christmas, good food, wishes coming true and finding true love and fighting for what’s right and togetherness .

If you believe in the spirit of Christmas, you must read this book.
Plum-crazy
This is actually three books in one: "Christmas at the Gingerbread Café", "Chocolate Dreams at the Gingerbread Café" & "Christmas Wedding at the Gingerbread Café" which is just as well as halfway through the first book I couldn't see how on earth it was going stretch a further 200+ pages!

There's not much to say as it's all pretty predictable - the only surprise to me was it wasn't set in the Cotswolds - although if it hadn't been for CeeCee & her southern cooking it could have easily been.

By th
Simona
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Gingerbread Café series is definitely one of my favourite book series. The series has it all: love, friendship, sweetness, passion, emotions and so much more.

The story is set in lovely Ashford, Connecticut. The town sounds amazing! Rebecca describes it so vividly and full of detail, wish I could live there with the characters. The characters are perfectly lined out and Lily the main character is very relatable. I loved following her story.

In Christmas at the Gingerbread Café she gets to know
Love Reading Romance
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Gingerbread Cafe Trilogy follows the adventures of Lil and Damon, which are both romantically and food-ish-ly delicious. Each of the installments can be read separately, and you'll always get a satisfying ending, but I think it's nice to see them packaged like this, so readers can enjoy the journey from Lil and Damon's first meeting as rival shop owners in Christmas at the Gingerbread Café, to their final happily ever after in Christmas Wedding at the Gingerbread Café.

Lil is the sweet, yet f
Charlotte Lilley
I really did enjoy this book! I was sceptical to begin with as i thought it may just be another lovey dovey book, which i am known to always go for. But I was mildly surprised.I found it enthralling and thouroughly enjoyed it. It had a lovely story line and it makes for a cute read. Ok so you can predict the end, like most of this genre, however, i would still reccomend it.
Ellen-Arwen Tristram
Jan 01, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, e-books
Lost my reading mojo, so thought I'd read some, er, trash. Didn't help.

Sorry, the book. It was just kind of cringy - so cheesy that it stunk out the room, and the saccharine story was rivalled only by the huge amount of description that was given to describing chocolate and cake. I bought three of the series. God help me.
Ali Bookworm
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book I have read by Rebecca Raisin. It was 3 stories in one all follow on from each other: It was quite predictable and all leading up to a predictive ending but still a good festive read.
Holly Botterill
Aug 03, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I know this is a trashy book so I shouldn't expect much, but it was just so corny and cheesy that I couldn't finish it. The characters and storyline are predictable, and the repeated use of phases like 'mighty fine' and 'mosey on down' made me cringe. Very disappointed.
Kathy
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really nice and feel good story, perfect for Christmas time
Michelle
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A delightful Christmas read full of families ,traditions,love and of course gingerbread an ideal read to curl up to at the fire.
Gemma Sykes
Dec 05, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sickeningly sweet. Too cheesy. Everything ended too perfectly! Hated it.
Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)
I really enjoyed the first novella in this set. I loved Lily and Damon. Lily was so cute and the chemistry between her and Damon was awesome. I thought their relationship was great. But I had issues with the other two novellas. The second one was so ridiculous with the character of Joel. And it was manufactured drama since he left just as quickly as he came. There was really no point to it. The third one was just slow and boring. And it got to the point (with the second and third novellas) where ...more
Jess Birch
This is my first Christmas read of the season and I’m honestly gutted it was such a let down. Firstly, when I picked this book up I didn’t realise it was 3 short stories (I really dislike short stories) however, I read them anyway.

The first one was okay...I really really struggled to get through it because of CeeCee’s character. I hate it when people don’t speak properly in books, it comes across awfully. And the sayings that were constantly overused irritated the life out of me.

I think I only
Anita Powers
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a fun, sweet, holiday novella. I love CeeCee and Lil’s relationship , the shop seems magical. Damon is a sexy single dad that loves how feisty Lil is. Their relationship starts to build and it is so much fun reading about them getting to know each other. Can’t wait to read the next book. The continuation of this romance is surrounding Easter time, I loved reading about Lil and CeeCee getting ready for the Chocolate Festival. Damon and Lil are so adorable together and I love his dau ...more
Belinda
Jul 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
I can't believe anyone could make it through this book and then rate it well. It was saccharine, predictable, simplistic rubbish.
Mary
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked this book.
Not up to the standard of the other by Rebecca Raisin that I've read, but still enjoyable and easy to read.
Sandra Parker
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. Definitely a must read if anyone is thinking of reading this book.
Kathryn Parry
Sorry this was way too sweet for me. I like an easy read sometimes but it seemed almost every paragraph was about cakes rather than the story.
Geraldine Sadiku
3 Sweet romantic reads combined into one very sweet re-release well worth another read.
Naomi
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was part of a book club read I belong to. Not my cup of tea at all, far too twee and cringey. I suppose it's an easy holiday read.
Dawn Probert
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely book. The town is so sweet. I want to be looked after by Cee. This book is a lovely festive romp with snow and spices.
Karen
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant 3 in 1 book. Loved all the characters. Brilliant book.
Kerry
Jan 04, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Light hearted Christmas story collection. Not to heavy for the festive period
Jo Hughes
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book One - Christmas At The Gingerbread Cafe

When I originally wrote my review below I had only been blogging for a couple of months and there is so much more to be said about this wonderful beginning to Lily and Damons story.

This is set in a small town in America, where Lily runs a small town cafe that also sells homemade goods, she is preparing for her busiest time of year while nursing a broken heart. I instantly like Lily she is hard working and sassy. She is determined to stand up for hersel
BestChickLit.com
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Although I have reviewed these books separately, I can’t think of a sweeter box set for romance/food lovers to own. Once you’ve read the first book, you’ll be so swept up in the goings-on at The Gingerbread Cafe, you won’t think twice about diving into the next story . . . and the next!

My advice would be to definitely grab this series then sit back and relax in a little slice of reader heaven :)

review by Charlotte Foreman on behalf of Bestchicklit.com

• The Little Shop on Silver Linings Street
  • The Henna Artist
  • The House at Hope Corner
  • The Christmas Wish List
  • The Tea Planter's Daughter (India Tea #1; Tyneside Sagas #1)
  • The Little Bed & Breakfast by the Sea
  • Window on the Bay
  • The Planter's Bride (India Tea #2)
  • A Wedding at the Comfort Food Cafe (Comfort Food Cafe, #6)
  • Child's Play
  • The Girl from the Tea Garden (India Tea #3)
  • Alone in the Wild (Rockton, #5)
  • Christmas on the Island (Summer Seaside Kitchen #3)
  • The Rise of Magicks (Chronicles of The One, #3)

The Gingerbread Cafe (3 books)
  • Christmas at the Gingerbread Café (The Gingerbread Café, #1)
  • Chocolate Dreams at the Gingerbread Café (The Gingerbread Café, #2)
  • Christmas Wedding at the Gingerbread Café (Gingerbread Café, #3)

News & Interviews