Start by marking “Worth Waiting For (The Skeleton in My Closet #2)” as Want to Read:
Worth Waiting For (The Skeleton in My Closet #2)

Worth Waiting For

(The Skeleton in My Closet #2)

Sophia thought she was over her broken heart, but the news that her roommate has eloped with Sophia's ex-husband hits the nineteen-year-old like a ton of bricks. She knows she should be fine with the unexpected revelation--after all, her boyfriend, Luke, is incredible, but it would seem her heart is not as resilient as she thought. And as Luke prepares to leave for his Eur ...more
Published July 1st 2015

To ask other readers questions about Worth Waiting For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worth Waiting For

Start your review of Worth Waiting For (The Skeleton in My Closet #2)
Kathy
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
I didn't realize this was book 2 until I was half way through. Worked as a stand alone but wished I'd read the first book before reading this one.

A little slow in places but a good story.

Content: squeaky clean
Melanie
Sophia is 19 years old and has already been married and divorced, which is rare at BYU. Her ex-husband, Travis, is engaged to her former roommate, Claire, and she learns of their elopement at the beginning of the book. Sophia is currently dating Luke who is amazing but she's nervous to give him her heart because she fears he'll break it and she can't handle that right now.

Sophia is likable. She's really young and has a lot to deal with. I liked the growth she experienced throughout the book as
Katie W
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I remember reading the first book last year and I really enjoyed it, feeling both sorry for and hopeful for Sophia. This book seems to pick up right where the first one left off and you definitely need to read The Skeleton in My Closet Wears a Wedding Dress first to get the full story.

Sophia is young--19 and divorced--and is at BYU, trying to get on with her life. She has a new love interest, but just can't seem to get over her past. Love is blooming all around her and she really has to turn inw
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Worth Waiting Forpicks up where The Skeleton in My Closet Wears a Wedding Dressleft off. This is a second book. It helps to read the first, but it's a fun story without reading the first book before this one.

Sophia is dealing with issues that a nineteen year old shouldn't have to face. She is divorced after a four month marriage, her roommate just married her ex-husband. She is in a wonderful relationship but doesn't know if she can trust herself to be emotionally committed.

I really like the ch
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Worth Waiting For was a cute LDS romance about disasters and how they can turn into blessings. Though it just might take a while before that's what you see. It told the story of college student Sophia and her hangups from her divorce in letting go of the past enough to see a future love in her boyfriend, Luke. There were roommates, family and friends, engagements, wedding planning, inspirational moments, and one very patient man who wanted his happily-ever-after to be Sophia.

Sophia was
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)

I didn't realize when I started reading this book that it was the second book in the series. I haven't read the first book (The Skeleton in My Closet Wears a Wedding Dress) and I don't know if that affected my reading or not. I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything big and I was never lost as to how the story was going but I was probably missing out on knowing the characters better since they were also in the first book.

Sophia has been through a lot of emotional turmoil in her
Shauna
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I REALLY LIKE THIS BOOK!

Our lives are filled with up and downs, drama and blessings, family and friends, good and bad...It is these experiences that shape who we are and how we react to future events.

Sometime we get so caught up in the trauma of our lives that we overlook all the good that is surrounding us...We can move past the bad and grow or we can hold on to the past and remain captive...it is up to us.

This book portrays this beautifully!
I loved how real it is!

I really feel for Sophia and a
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, lds-fiction
I really wanted to like this story, but there was just too much angst! There was too much woe is me. I felt like someone needed to slap her and say cowgirl up. Life is hard. Stop whining! I have too much in my life to read books that aren't happy and uplifting. Yea, everyone gets a happily ever after, but there was too much drama to wade through to get to that point. (At least for me)
The first book in this series was cute, but this could very easily have been an additional 5 or 6 chapters instea
Kathryn
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sequel: very well written. Lovable characters you can identify with. Loved the challenges of relationships and being patient.
Loved this: " disaster is God's course correction. Having my whole life fall apart forced me to rethink everything. Having my life fall apart changed the direction of my life. I can look back and realize that the Lord's hand was directing my life, and He was in the details"
Great read!
Melissa
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, lds-fiction
This is a fun summer beach book with an angsty romance set at BYU. The big scandal is that Sophia's ex-husband has eloped to Las Vegas with her roommate. While Sophia is still trying to cope with her divorce and ex's quick remarriage, she is trying to decide how she feels about Luke who has stuck with her through all her emotional turmoil. But, can she open her heart again?

I picked this up at the library mainly because of the great cover. I didn't realize this was a sequel and wish I had read t
Louise Pledge
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was surprised to see that I hadn't written a review for this one. I read SO much that, unfortunately, I often don't get a review done, jumping right into the next book. It's been awhile since I read it, but I do remember liking it a LOT and the continuation of Sophia's story after she didn't want anyone to know she was divorced (you have to know BYU to realize why that was a stigma to her).

Love clean "LDS-tinted" books, especially when I know they will, also, hold much enjoyment to a non-memb
Tressa (Wishful Endings)

Sophia was a great c
Heidi
As a sequel to Johnson's The Skeleton in My Closet Wears a Wedding Dress, this book stands fairly well on its own. Having not read the previous book, the author included enough information from the previous book that I didn't feel completely lost. Having said that though I would undoubtedly have understood and appreciated Sophia's and Luke's relationship better if I had read the first book.

Having married young and been divorced soon thereafter, Sophia has a lot of emotional baggage that she stru
Mindy
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I didn't realize this was a sequel until I was writing this review. It can stand alone, but previous dates, and/or other events that were mentioned and not explained make sense now why they weren't explained in this book. That didn't take me out the story though, I still really enjoyed it. I really liked Sophia and I sympathized with her. I thought her inner voice was very funny at times and I appreciated her humor. This is a great book about letting go and putting your life back together, but a ...more
Charissa
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LDS contemporary romance about Sophie and Luke. Sophie is a unique BYU student—she’s 19 and has already been married and divorced. You don't meet many of those characters on a BYU campus. Now she’s dating Luke James and can’t seem to get beyond her divorce to trust and love again. She cares for Luke deeply and knows in her mind that he’s nothing like her ex, but can her heart ever take a chance on love again. When Luke leaves for a semester abroad in Europe, she will have to decide what to do, b ...more
Amy
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very much enjoyed this second half of The Skeleton In My Closet Wears A Wedding Dress. Not sure why the story was two books instead of just putting it all together in one volume. This part of the story was more of Sophia's efforts to heal from the heavy emotional trauma left behind by her husband suddenly leaving her and demanding a divorce. I thought the author did a good job dealing with the subject. Sophia has a lot of support from family, friends, and her boyfriend Luke, but working through ...more
Anoush
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sophia thinks she's over her ex-husband Travis, but when he elopes with her roomate, she has to take a step back. At the same time, her new boyfriend Luke is getting more serious than she's comfortable with. And then her brother gets engaged.

Of course Sophia has trust issues. Of course she needs time after her divorce. This was a cute story that at the same time helped Sophia learn some important things. I do feel bad she was sort of forced to get through things so quickly . . . and I'm not sure
Brooke Berry
Jun 26, 2015 rated it liked it
OK I have to admit, the idea of a 19 year old being at BYU and divorced was too much to stay away from. I was excited for the pain that this character was going through. Sadly, this book started after all of that was over. It begins after the divorce, after the worst recovery is over. However, I found out that this is actually the second book in a series and the first book is what I was really hoping for. SO, resetting my expectations a bit, I looked at this book with a different perspective. I ...more
Kirsi Johnson
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great follow-up to "The Skeleton in My Closet..." While you can read this one without having read the first book, you might enjoy the relationship between Sophia and Luke a little more if you read the books in order.

Sally Johnson does a good job of developing the characters and the story in a believable way that invites the reader to participate in the journey. If you're looking for a fun, clean romance, I would definitely recommend this one.
Alisa
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
This is the second book in the series; you don't have to read the first book, but you will get more of Sophia's and Luke's story if you read that one first. This book is a continuation of the first book.

Sophia needs to figure out why her ex-husband Travis is still holding her back before she can move forward with Luke -- and she needs to figure it out before she loses the best thing that's ever happened to her.

Rating: 4 stars
Content: Clean
Source: amazon.com
Lacey
Jul 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Fun follow up to the story, "the skeleton in the closet wears a wedding dress". I like Sophie's character and her thought process, she's pretty humorous. Though it's a little fast paced (ie events happen in the span of 1 chapter), it is still an enjoyable read. ...more
Tenille
Jul 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-books
This was a great sequel to "the Skeleton in my closet wears a wedding dress". I'm glad that Sophia got her happy ending. ...more
Cheri
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
A quick read and just as fun as the first book. Definitely read The Skelton in my Closet first, it explains what is going on in this book.
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
A much needed followup on Sophia and Luke's relationship. ...more
Angie
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, lds, library
Enjoyed the conclusion for the characters in the series.
Amy
Aug 11, 2019 rated it liked it
A fairly straight forward story about overcoming the struggles we face letting go of past experiences. As a recently divorced young lady (and 19 sure is young) Sophia not only has to deal with the loss of her identity as a married woman, she has to come to terms with the fact her ex married her room mate.

She has been blessed though with the attentions of another young man, Luke, who nobly has been the best kind of friend and support, and they are in a relationship. While I realize how hard it i
NaDell
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
LDS girl meets, marries, and divorces her first year at BYU (apparently in book #1 of this series that I just found out is a series) and this book covers the aftermath of that during her second year at school. Her ex-husband marries one of her roommates after the divorce and things just keep getting crazier and crazier until she kind of has a meltdown and has to contemplate what she wants to do with her life and who she wants in it. She is surrounded by awesome people supporting her through toug ...more
Heather Green
May 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I didn't realize this was a sequel, so I was excited for a continuation of the characters lives. Sadly, I didn't like this one as well as the first book. The beginning felt like high school drama. It did improve and I enjoyed the humor throughout. My favorite quote from the book is "Disaster is God's course correction." I liked how the character's grew and evolved. This was a good one about God's timing, forgiveness, and deciding to find happiness in the things life throws at you. ...more
LeeAnn W
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
As with the first book it had trouble with dialogue. This one also jumped whole sections of time that could have been filled with interesting backstory, and the relationships were very quick. What made up for that, and makes this a book I am grateful to have read, were the insights Sophia gained about letting go, and how holding back reflected not just on her but on Luke as well. A rather mature out look for the characters ages, but great teaching moments within the narrative.
Ali~may
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this book a lot. Poor Sophia is still trying to get over her broken heart from her divorce. She seems pretty scarred from it and has a hard time moving on. Even though she loves Luke, she doesn’t want to admit it, which bothered me a little. A few times I just wanted to say “get over it already and tell him! You have an amazing guy that loves you!” Overall a great read!

• A Change of Fortune
  • The Matchmaker's Match
  • Wager for a Wife
  • Royal Heir
  • Healing Hearts (Savage Wells, #2)
  • Sense and Second Chances
  • The Masked Baron
  • A Proper Charade
  • Forget Me Not (The Gents #1)
  • Pride and Politics
  • Everything She Wants
  • On the Run (Guardian, #4)
  • Promised
  • Rakes and Roses (Mayfield Family #3)
  • The Heart of the Rebellion
  • Adoring Abigail
  • Kit and Elizabeth
  • My Fair Gentleman

The Skeleton in My Closet (2 books)
  • The Skeleton in My Closet Wears a Wedding Dress (The Skeleton in My Closet #1)