Start by marking “The Passion to Survive (The Passion, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Passion to Survive (The Passion, #1)

The Passion to Survive

(The Passion #1)

Adventure, love, passion... What else do you need in life?

When Eva gets pulled out of the water and learns that she was rescued from a destructive tsunami wave that demolished the island of Tenerife, her paradise turns into hell. Together with a small group of survivors, including Ethan, a US Marine Corps officer, Lily, a six-year-old British girl and Jonathan, a young m

Published April 10th 2015 (first published 2014)

Fairywitch
Apr 18, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, erotica, dystopia
Sabrina
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Do you know the feeling of total exhaustion after an aerobic workout that make you realize that you just topped your best performance to date? That was my feeling upon reading the last word of The Passion to Survive. I just realized Dana L. Elgrod just topped every other book I ever read – literally.

We were presented to Eva after she survived a tsunami disaster while vacationing in Tenerife just to realize the world as she knew has come to an end taking her best friend with it.

Luckily for her sh
Avivit Levi
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I started reading The Passion to Survive, I was a bit skeptical, since I didn't know the author, the fabulous Miss Dana L Elgrod. But after the first chapter it was crystal clear, that I'm not going to sleep tonight! The book is so adventuring and sexy nutty at the same time! Well I can tell u one thing for sure girls, I am holding my breath for the next passion to come!
orna
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have read the book the Passion to survive because I've got a good recommendation. I didn't know that the book will change my mind so drastically. Everything I've read until then doesn't count anymore. I was hooked- just like that. I was addicted to Eva, Eitan, Anatoly, Lily, Jonathan and all of the survivors crew. Tsunami that destroy big parts of the planet leave the survivors no choice but to make their way to England. During the hard voyage they meet other survivors that joined them and the ...more
Alice
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I needed a minute to collect my thoughts after this one. This book was recommended to me by a friend that said—-you have to read this so we can talk about it! I, I thought, she’s right, I need to read this!

I am so glad I did! best book ever must read!!!!
lizi abramov
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've read in the last year
A must read
Those who do not read regret
Liz
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I enjoyed it. It was a great read of survival in a world where no place on Earth survived tragedy. I liked how a group of people stuck together- with all sorts of issues and personal dramas nonetheless, as would be expected of human nature.
It was easy to "live" in the story, yet frustrating at times. There are so many things I would have wanted to say and do if I was one of the survivors. I found it surprising that 2 army guys were constantly amused by the, sometimes lucky, ideas that Eva came
Liraz Nahum
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
amazing book... can't take it off my hands
Dawn Taylor
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Very well written, energetic novel that takes you through the lives of 18 young people on their journey to safety. I really hope a part two will come out as the journey proceeds across the Atlantic to the United States.
Ilanit Adani
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book, unique! Erotic, beautiful and excellent book to someone who just want to escape the reality for a few hours.
Mira Rozenfeld
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The best book ever!!!!!!!!!!
ChrisPaige Reilly
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Could not put this book down. This is one of those riveting books that you do not want to end. My only hope is that 's Elgrod is a quick writer, because I'm eagerly awaiting the 2nd book.
Nanette Bruce
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What an adventure

Always something happening, kept you guessing, great ending, leaves you ready for another book in the future. Story can easily go different directions
ורד בכר בן דוד
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The best book of the year! Amazing story. Sooo in love with the russian prince :-)
Avital Amir
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the passion to survive is So different for other books that i have read. LOVED it and cant wait for the second one.
Jeanine Berry
Jun 14, 2015 rated it did not like it
Sad

It's sad to see a book that had real possibility go so bad. The first few pages were great. In fact they hooked me so well that I kept on reading as the story got worse and worse. I kept hoping things would improve, but my hopes were in vain.

In the book a worldwide disaster throws a group of people together and it is heartwarming to see how they take care of each other. Also, one of the male heroes, the Russian soldier, should be nominated for immediate sainthood -- that is when he isn't beha
Lauren Blaxill
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up with limited expectations and went purely by the reviews on amazon. I literally couldn't put the book down. From the very first chapter I was hooked . It's best described as an adventure/romance and it get's pretty erotic in places. The main story is based on a series of devastating natural disaster,s pretty much whipping out the planet bar a few survivors. The book was paced well, and the writing style a good match for me. I particularly liked the character development and ...more
Cally
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eva survives a tsunami in Tenerife to find that world as she knew it is gone. This is also she realizes that her best friend has also gone.

The good news is she finds out that she isn't the only survivor. Step forward ex army man Ethan, teenager Jonathan and little girl called Lily. Together the four of them must pull together and the escape the hell they have been caught up in and trapped in.
Elisha
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Okay the first thing that annoyed me to the point of refusing to like the book at all is the setting. Lost on the Island of Tenerife?!*% Tenerife?! Like that small but highly populated tourist destination of the coast of Spain? Errg an ant couldn't get lost there. This highlights a lack of external research into this book. Author should have created a fictional island.
Hmr28
Jun 04, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very poor editing, an incredibly long and boring book. I did not finish. I was tempted to quit after a couple of chapters but slogged on to the middle of the book...then gave up. The characters are idiots. Also the author has mixed first person with third person interspersed when other characters are the focus. Poorly done.
Laci Darby
Sep 30, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Started out with so much promise but the writing and repetitiveness ruin it. The main character is flat. It's not remotely believable and the sex scenes are boring. It really had the potential to be a great story but didn't make it there.
Alisa
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
Took me forever to get through this book. While the adventure part was good, I grew to dislike Eva. lol Constantly needing help or sleeping while others worked. Ugh. lol And the "Emerald princess" stuff got old fast. Not sure if I'll get the next book, although, like I said, the premise was good.
Jasmin
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
well. dont usually write a review but this book is awesome. so uniq!! could not put it doun. love it!! waiting for passion #2
Lois
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good read

Very interesting. Keeps you on edge of your seat. People join together as a family to survive. Hard to put d o wn
Samantha Ortegon
I am going to try my hardest to not ramble on and just write down my emotions during my read of The Passion to Survive.
This story starts off right after the island of Tenerife was hit by a tsunami, Us Marine Corps officer Ethan keeps diving back into the water to look for survivors. During one of his dives he pulls Eva out of the water and his life is not going to be the same.
The characters are written so perfectly by Dana L. Egrod that I was drawn into the book from the beginning. Eva captiv
Nancy
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suddenly, while playing in the ocean, everything goes black and when Eva gets pulled out of the water, she meets the bluest eyes she has ever seen. Then she realizes that while she is technically still on vacation, things have changed. It isn't just in Tenerife, either - it has happened all over the globe.

Ethan, (Marine with the blue eyes) Eva and several others end up traveling to London through many perils and stress. They meet up with Anatoly (ex-Russian military) and his group, some wonderfu
Nicole Parker
Hard to get through this book.

I almost stopped reading this several times. Had a very hard time with it. Totally unrealistic and I only finished it because I always finish what I start. If this book was in paper I would burn it quickly in a fire.
Michelle Pittman
Jun 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: won
I really enjoyed this book and am adding this author to my "to watch" list. A great story with passion and heart.
Lyddy Dizon
Jun 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
Eh...

Great concept, but lost with the different POV. Also didn't feel connected with the characters. Their personalities didn't warrant me wanting anything for them.
Yael
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ethan is definitely who I want with me when Mother Nature is fed up & the world is hit by all types of natural disasters.
I'm so glad I purchased book 2 already!!!!

• The Last Five Days (The Last Five Days #1-5)
  • Blackout (After the Storm #1)
  • Adrian's War (A Distant Eden, #2)
  • Run (NOLA Zombie, #1)
  • After the Winter (The Silent Earth, #1)
  • Edge of Collapse: An EMP Post-Apocalyptic Survival Prepper Series (American Fallout Book 1)
  • Loss of Reason (State of Reason, #1)
  • Freeze Line
  • EMP No Power (EMP No Power #1)
  • The Last Overseer (The Overseer, #1)
  • Apocalyptic Fears VI
  • Grayfall (Outzone Drifter Series, #2)
  • The Long Loud Silence
  • Mass Extinction Event: The Complete First Series (#1 to 8)
  • Innocence Lost (After the Event #3)
  • The Diver (The Runner, #2)
  • Rotter World
  • Dark Carnival (Deathlands, #14)
My name is Dana Levy Elgrod. I am married to Sir James Elgrod...Well, he's not really a sir, but for me, he is. I am the proud mother of Shachar, a smart, gifted little girl of 7 going on seventeen and Jonathan, my fiery, funny little boy of 5, who has the amazing ability to stretch the truth to suit himself.

I am a lecturer in communications at a private university and CEO of a public relations co

The Passion (4 books)
  • The Passion to Live (The Passion, #2)
  • The Passion to Love (The Passion, #3)
  • The Passion to Believe  (The Passion #4)