Start by marking “Money, Love and Virtue” as Want to Read:
Money, Love and Virtue

Money, Love and Virtue

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  4 reviews
This sustained reflection on money, love and virtue is remarkable on several counts. These three themes are seldom mentioned in the same breath, least of all by bankers. And, because they seem to come from different worlds, we might imagine they would make uncomfortable bookfellows.

Nevertheless, the author weaves humanity back into the mesh of society, money and economics.
Published April 15th 2015 by Triarchy Press Ltd

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Money, Love and Virtue
Carol Switzer
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Alfred Marshall supposedly said: “Every university must consider from time to time whether its scheme of study and teaching is adequate to current needs” (Pereira 2015, p. 167). I work in a graduate program in just such a university where our innovative curriculum was developed to respond to a gap in management education. We develop responsible and ethical global leaders and Pereira’s book, Money, Love and Virtue, is required reading for our master’s students.

Pereira’s perspective as a banker pu
Hungralian
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Having approached reading this book with a certain degree of trepidation, wondering how these three apparently unrelated concepts can be woven together and reconciled, I must admit that the further I read the more I became captivated and delighted. A number of factors led to my delight: these include the depth and breadth of the research on a variety of topics, such as finance, economics, morals and ethics;the provocative and yet perfectly logical assertion that the mathematical abstraction of m ...more
Helene
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In the last chapter of “Money, Love and Virtue “ Maria Pereira points out that her book is not an academic study but a reflection. In fact it is much more than that. It continues in the tradition of the great European thinkers of the Enlightenment. The author offers the philosophical foundations for a new paradigm of our relationship with money. She offers food for thought when she points out that today’s financial environments are driven by the illusion of scarcity rather than understanding tha ...more
Jennifer Sertl
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
The hardest part about being me is that everything is so integral it is difficult to take a section and make meaning out of it without including the whole. The whole, however, is too complex and needs to be simplified. I have been sitting on a post for three weeks waiting for brilliance to land. It hasn’t landed. I feel compelled however to let out what clarity is here at this moment.

Recently I was lucky enough to meet and learn from Maria Jose Pereira. Maria wrote the book Money, Love and Virtu
Louis Alexander
Jun 06, 2015
Alixandria
rated it did not like it
Oct 23, 2016