Start by marking “The Player (The Game Maker, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Player (The Game Maker, #3)

The Player

(The Game Maker #3)

In this searing stand-alone installment of the erotic Game Maker Series, #1 New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole brings readers a tale of a man wracked with dark desires and the beautiful young woman who could sate him at last.

A madman with a shadowed past . . .

In the City of Sin, Dmitri Sevastyan finds her, Victoria Valentine--sexy, vulnerable, and in need of a
Published April 12th 2016 by Valkyrie Press

To ask other readers questions about The Player, please sign up.
DemetraP Kresley Cole's newsletter that she emailed to subscribers November 13, stated, "Dmitri's book will definitely come out in 2016, so stay tuned for more…moreKresley Cole's newsletter that she emailed to subscribers November 13, stated, "Dmitri's book will definitely come out in 2016, so stay tuned for more news." (less)
Kristi it is said to be releashed June 1st :)
Let's Hope it stays like this…more
it is said to be releashed June 1st :)
Let's Hope it stays like this(less)

Start your review of The Player (The Game Maker, #3)
Candace
Kresley Cole's books are a guilty pleasure of mine. I love her over the top Alpha-males and their monosyllabic dialogues. No other author can make a guy grunting words like, "mine" and "come" sound so damn appealing! Yet, time and time again, I fall for these cavemen.

Dmitri Sevastyan is no exception to the rule. He's possessive, dominating and completely irresistible. At the same time, there is something vulnerable and sensitive about him that lures you in.

When Victoria Valentine, aka Vice, set
Aisling Zena

You'd think that by now I would have learned this lesson.
description
Maybe I shouldn't look forward to a book too much, I usually end up disappointed.

I was expecting something mythical I suppose. I had built up Dmitri's book so much in my mind that the actual book let me down. I have no one to blame but myself. It's by no means a bad book or plot. Just not what I expected and needed.

description

I didn't get Dmitri's POV at all. I didn't see how he clicked. I didn't feel his torture or his salvation. All of t
Coco.V
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
(4/25/19) - I listened to the audio version and this book is still a +5 stars re-read for me!! The complete Game Maker Series is just awesome!! 🔥🔥💓💓

Masterfully done!

Loved this third installment in the Game Maker series. First I have to tell you that at the beginning I was not too fond on Victoria. I didn’t like the fact that she and her family played Dmitri this way. Even knowing she was acting in the interest of the con and what was at stake, I just didn’t care. But then she redeemed herself an
~IreneOust~

This review is 100% spoiler free and more or less sums up the entire series.

Q. What do you do when an ARC of one your most anticipated reads ends up on your Kindle?

A. You drop EVERYTHING and read it, of course!

photo the player gif_zpsciwie8rc.gif

They say 'good things come to those who wait' and in this case the wait was so worth it! VICE and Dmitri didn't disappoint!

To say I am a HUGE fan of this series would be an understatement! I first fell in love with it while reading The Professional and was a complete goner after The Mast
Bibi
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I skimmed a lot, largely due to the dreadfully dull avaricious heroine who was as self-righteous as she was hypocritical. Aside from that, the plot quite simply was uninspired.
Sophia Triad
Another amazing story! My favourite book from the series was The Master, but this is a close second.

“Would you like to know how I view the world?”
Would I? I didn’t know if I was ready to peek into his tricky, complicated mind. “Okay,” I said, the word sounding more like a question.
“Imagine a pitch-black room with a single candle lit in the center,” he said, his voice gone low. “The room is the world. You are the candle.”
A shaky breath escaped my lips. “How can you be so sure about me?”
He leveled
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book pretty much grabbed hold and didn't let go. The more involved the story line got, the more invested I was in the outcome. To top it off, although I had an inkling of what was to happen, it was so well executed that I found myself genuinely surprised. Dimitri is the most introspective of the three Sevastyan brothers. He can easily come off as standoffish or even rude. Then he meets an angel in the form of Victoria and he falls HARD. Like his brothers did at their turn, he knows she is t ...more
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm always nervous to start a book I have been so anxiously waiting to read. I'm worried that it might not live up to the expectations I have in my mind for it. That wasn't the case here AT ALL.

O-M-G did this book live up to all my expectations. In fact, it pretty much blew them out of the water! I didn't think anything could be hotter than Maxim in THE MASTER but GOOD GOD dirty talking Dmitri made me change my panties more than once...

Dmitri, what can I say. The man was PURE perfection. Hot,
Sammy Loves Books
OMG My Nook is loaded!!!

My Body is Ready!!

description

Full Review coming as soon!!!
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Kresley Cole Fans, Romance
4.5 The Player...Who is Being Played
* * * *1/2 Spoiler Free
I am going to keep this very short for there are enough reviews out there to give you all the details you may wish. My major contribution is this....

This book took all of the smarts from the second in this series, The Master, and added an additional layer. It had a plot, characters who were insanely attracted to each other, conflict and a delicious outcome. It also had Las Vegas.

Oh, and before I sign off...Lots and Lots of Sex.

A good
Coco.V
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Masterfully done!

I loved this third installment in the Game Maker series. First I have to tell you that at the beginning I was not too fond on Victoria. I didn’t like the fact that she and her family played Dmitri this way. Even knowing she was acting in the interest of the con and what was at stake, I just didn’t care. But then she redeemed herself and I realized this was just part of the plot and not the core of the story. Slowly but surely I grew attached to her.

Victoria (aka Vice) is a con a
Oumaima
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW! That’s all i can say.

No seriously, this series is a masterpiece, it’s an absolute must read!

Going into this book, I was really anxious, since i wasn’t sure it would measure up to The Master( which is still my favorite book in the series, and one of my all time faves). But i had no reason to be anxious, i absolutely loved it.

On one hand Dmitri Sevastian is a lethal combination of a hot possessive, obsessive and powerful alpha and a damaged, scarred and vulnerable russian man.( my Achilles
Melanie A.
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 STARS!
"It was always going to be you. Or it never would have been."
Wow! What an ending!

After reading this series, I've come to the conclusion that Kresley Cole writes some of the BEST TRASHY ROMANCE out there. I'll now have to start making my way through her extensive backlist. Yay!

Ok, so, my review...... While this installment was my least favorite of the series, there was still A LOT to like:

The hero: Dmitri was amazing! Dark, broody, unapologetic, driven, hot as hell, and
NMmomof4
DNF @ 71%. I tried -- I really did! I just never felt their connection. WAY too instalove for me. In only a very few occasions have I been ok with "love at first sight" type situations, and it didn't work for me at all in this one. I kept on getting distracted and bored with my reading, but I kept at it. Honestly, the sex is pretty hot -- so there is that. That might have been the reason I held on so long. I had huge issues with the h being so dishonest. The H obviously adored her, so I didn't s ...more
lover-of-good-books
I can't wait for this novel. This has to be Dimitry's story and with everything he went though as a child and how hard it is for him to connect with people, it's going to take more than "love (*cough* lust) at first sight" to get him to move past it.

Well, it was still lust/love at first sight, but it was still god.
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
“Desire is like chess.
Do whatever you must to achieve your endgame.”
- Dmitri Sevastyan

“The lesson?
Never reach for the stars.”
- Victoria Valentine

* * *
“He controlled me. He’d taken ownership of my body, my mind. The thrall had me in its grip.”
- Victoria Valentine

* * *
“It was always going to be you. Or it never would have been.”
- Dmitri Sevastyan

* * *
“You trusted me, and I trusted us.”
- Dmitri

* * *
“When you truly open your heart to another, you do so for life, and you’re loyal to a fault. You
1-Click Addict Support Group
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I told myself, when I opened The Player on my Kindle at around 6pm on Friday evening, that I would just get started. Get a feel for the book, and hopefully, be finished by the end of the weekend—children willing.

It's now 1:45am Saturday morning, and I just closed it. With only brief breaks as I made dinner, or acknowledged that I actually HAD kids, I read every page, poured over every word, gasped and grinned at the twists and turns, and fell completely in love with Dmitri Sevastyan.

To be clea
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️

3.5 Tortured Hero Stars!!

Dmitri Sevastyan is the youngest Sevastyan brother, having survived a horrid childhood, he is now extremely wealthy, very handsome and very, very troubled. Having recently been reunited with his older brothers, he has decided to take break from business and visit Vegas along with his brothers and their beloved wives (loved catching up with them!!).

Victoria is from a long line of grifters (con artists). Victoria is very much involved in her family’s business and she c
WhiskeyintheJar
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, series
That was the thing about the beast from fairy tales; he didn't want to be a beast. He didn't want to be alone.

Ugh. If I had an impressionable, just becoming aware of gender issues, dynamics, etc. teenage daughter, would I want her to read this? Probably no. Then why do I find myself giving it three stars?!

"I'd rather have an honest madman than a sane liar."

I don't want to spoil anything but let's just say the hero has issues, deep heartwrenching ones that involve abuse and other ones I'
AJ
Apr 25, 2015 rated it liked it

I enjoyed this one. Super smutty, but with a nice emotional aspect to it, the third and (? final) book in The Game Maker series rounds out the story of the Sevastyan brothers really nicely.

This book tells the story of youngest Sevastyan brother, Dmitri. Having survived a tortuous childhood, Dmitri has become hugely wealthy and, having recently been reunited with his older brothers, has decided to take a well-earned break from business.

Victoria is from a long line of grifters. Well ensc
Aug 19, 2015 rated it liked it
3 Ugh Stars

Why didn't I love this?! I don't know! And I'm so mad at myself for not loving it!

I gave both of the first two books 5 stars, and I was looking forward to this book so much. Maybe it was all of the anticipation in my head that just led to the disappointment? It just wasn't what I expected. I thought Dmitri's character would be much darker. I didn't care for the insta-love, especially with his past. It just didn't seem like something he would do. I was hoping she would have to fight f
Treece
Rating: 5 stars for the amazing plot twist at the end.

Not a helluva lot happens in this book. The relationship and the characters carry things despite the watery plot. There is loads of sex. Intrigue. Sex. Luxury. Sex. Insta-luv-obsession. Sex.

Then once it all unravels. Bang! Zoom! I got hit with a cross blow of a plot twist.

Dmitri, who knew?

Vice/Victoria is mediocre to me. Her sister was more interesting. I can't understand what Dmitri sees in her but hey! He's a very damaged soul. I have to tr
Malene
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you enjoy insta lust and love then The Player is the right book for you. I knew from reading book 2 The Master that those two ingredients would be present in The Player too so I buckled up and enjoyed the ride. Dmitri is very intense when it comes to what he wants and craves. Victoria is what he wants and won’t stop at nothing to have her but she can play the game too since she’s a con artist. She wants something too and Dmitri is the way to get it. It’s a very sexual story which I already kn ...more
Bon Tom
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm surprised how much I liked this. Not only are the sex scenes hot as sun, there's also plot that wasn't cheesy although it had great potential to be so. I mean, billionaire Russian mob that's actually not so much of a mob as he's gentle in the heart and powerful in all other departments. Takes mad skills to avoid the cheesiness and cliches. And I loved the characters. Would fuck them all myself.
Natalie A
Dimitri, you got lots of work to catch up to maxim if you're going to entertain me.
FIENDING!!!
I feel that if he doesn't end up with Jess, which is a possibility, Jess should get her own book. I just love her!
Bj
I gave this audiobook an A- for the narration and B+ for the story at AudioGals*

Narrated by Kimberly Alexis

Fans of romances featuring grifters or con artists will love both the intensity and detailed background of living the life as a con artist detailed in The Player. I really am not sure where Ms. Cole did the research for all of the various con jobs she describes, but I found this aspect of the story to be fresh, entertaining, and eerily informative. Moreover, Ms. Cole manages to throw in one
Julia's Book Haven
This one is probably my favourite in the series. Dmitri completely won my heart and I thought Victoria was the perfect match for him. I loved the con artist storyline and how I was constantly trying to guess where the story was heading. This just had all the elements of a really great book and I enjoyed every minute of reading it. Definitely recommend this one and this whole series!
niteskycs
Aug 03, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mafia
1 star

99% sex and 1% (terrible) plot
Antonella
Feb 09, 2020 rated it liked it
I loved book two...
this one..not that much...lukewarm feels for our leading couple and that plot twist...

☆☽Erica☾☆

Like the other books in this series, this was very sexy.
I inherently have a huge boner for russian dudes especially of the assassin/con artist/wealthy persuasion, so this was an easy sell for me. This book follows the romantic adventures of the third and youngest Sevaystan brother, Dimitri. I was awaiting this book for SO LONG and it certainly didn't let me down in the sex department.

The plot itself was what I didn't really like about it. I've stated this before, but I strongly detest deception

• The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • Your Dad Will Do (A Touch of Taboo #1)
  • Titan's Addiction (Wall Street Titan, #2)
  • The Maddest Obsession (Made #2)
  • Machiavellian (Gangsters of New York, #1)
  • The Bloody Bride (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #1)
  • Reaper (Boston Underworld, #2)
  • Monster in His Eyes (Monster in His Eyes, #1)
  • Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • Bound by Duty (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #2)
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • Crime Lord's Captive (Crime Lord, #1)
  • Bound by Hatred (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #3)
  • Crow (Boston Underworld, #1)
  • Torture to Her Soul (Monster in His Eyes, #2)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo

The Game Maker (3 books)
  • The Professional (The Game Maker, #1)
  • The Master (The Game Maker, #2)