Start by marking “The Forgotten Recipe (Amish Heirloom, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Forgotten Recipe (Amish Heirloom, #1)

The Forgotten Recipe

(Amish Heirloom #1)

Published December 8th 2015 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about The Forgotten Recipe, please sign up.
Amanda Hi Barbara. To move a book from the "Cuurently Reading" to "Read" shelf, you can either update your progress on the book and click the "I've finished…moreHi Barbara. To move a book from the "Cuurently Reading" to "Read" shelf, you can either update your progress on the book and click the "I've finished this book" button, or you can click the drop down arrow next to where it says "Currently Reading" and choose "Read", which will move it. (less)

Start your review of The Forgotten Recipe (Amish Heirloom, #1)
Susan
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have been enjoying Amy Clipston's stories for many years and THE FORGOTTEN RECIPE is exactly why. The twists and turns in Veronica and Jason's lives pop up when you least expect them. Amy pulls you right in and makes you feel as if you are right there experiencing all the heart wrenching feelings that her characters are. When I hear that Amy Clipston has a new book coming out, I run to it. She is quickly becoming one of my favorite Amish authors and I devour her stories very quickly. I love ...more
Jenny (Reading Envy)
May 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read2016, romance
Well, I wanted to read a genre I hadn't before, but Amish romance is just like any Christian romance, just with a few Amish details sprinkled in here and there - pies, walking and taking buggies to see one another (no phones, no internet). I was disappointed the book didn't include a recipe since the raspberry pies are such a major plot element! I will have to do some research.

An easy read, a bit repetitive and obvious, but it is likely I am not the target audience.
Jerry
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one! A great start to the series!
Deanne Patterson
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
This was a fun book to read. Several years ago I read the Kaufmann Bakery series Amy has out and loved it. I just knew I'd love this book and did. All is blooming roses with Veronica Fisher's life. She is engaged to Seth Lapp and she dreams of their life together. In an instant it's all gone though as a tragedy at work steals his life. Barely able to function she pays her respects at his funeral. Seth's best friend Jason Huyard is there to pay his respects too and sees Veronica. In her grief she ...more
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“After losing her fiancé in a tragic accident, Veronica Fisher finds solace in the old recipes stored in her mother’s hope chest—and in a special visitor who comes to her bake stand to purchase her old-fashioned raspberry pies.
Veronica Fisher knows how lucky she is to be marrying her best friend. Seth Lapp is kind, hardworking, and handsome—but most importantly, he loves Veronica.
Brittany
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was really looking forward to reading this story because I have enjoyed many of Amy Clipston’s books in the past. What a pleasant surprise it was that this book ended up being even better than I expected.

Guy meets girl. Guy falls for girl. Girl might be falling for guy. Girl doesn’t know that guy not only knew her late fiance’ but was with him when he died. What could go wrong? With a premise like that you know there is going to be a great amount of tension, guilt, and confusion in this love
Barbara
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not get enough of this book! I didn't want to put it down. I cried with Veronica. I cried for Jason. I wanted the recipe so much.
Sharon
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Veronica Fisher is set to marry her best friend, Seth, until Seth dies in a tragic accident. Seth was also a good friend to Jason who worked with him. Jason blames himself for not being able to save Seth’s life. As Veronica grieves, she finds her grandmother’s recipes (in a plastic box, no less) in the attic in her mother’s hope chest. She sets about making raspberry pies to sell at her newly established bake stand. The author says the raspberries were not going to be picked otherwise (From the ...more
Maureen Timerman
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
The forgotten recipe is about a newly found old recipe that Veronica’s grandmother used to make. This recipe turns out to be a great hit with everyone, and is the catalyst to bringing the main two characters together.
Jason Huyard’s mother hears about this wonderful pie and wants her sons to get her some from a sweet Amish girl Veronica Fisher, and thus the story of a new relationship begins. Not an easy path, this is one that has a shared grief of loosing a future husband and a best friend. Both
Wendy
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB
Veronica Fisher knows how lucky she is to be marrying her best friend. Seth Lapp is kind, hardworking, and handsome--but most importantly, he loves Veronica.

When an accident on the job steals Seth away from her, a heartbroken Veronica is certain she will never love--or be loved--again. Yet when she discovers a batch of forgotten recipes and opens a bake stand to sell her Mammi's raspberry pies, Veronica picks up a regular customer who gives her heart pause.

Jason Huyard was
Diamond Jones - Cox
I always enjoy reading books by Amy Clipston and she didn't disappoint me. The Forgotten Recipe is book one of the new series An Amish Heirloom Novel.

Veronica Fisher is a young Amish women preparing to marry her Bestfriend Seth Lapp. When a tragic accident ends Seth life, Veronica decides she will never love again to honor is life. When she meets Jason Huyard she is instantly attracted to him but tries to stay clear of him and her emotions.

Jason falls in love with Veronica even though he is
Cindy
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amy Clipston has another great story. The Forgotten Recipe will make you long for more. Veronica's life has taken a turn she never expected. The loss of her fiance has her bound in grief and unable to move forward in life. Jason cannot help his fascination and attraction to Veronica. Has he messed up the way he has handled their budding relationship? The characters of this story are well written and thought out. I am looking forward to the next book of this new series. The recipes of this story ...more
Natalie
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Such a sweet story about a second chance at love. I haven't read much Amish fiction before, but I really enjoyed this. It was bittersweet yet really cute.

Veronica, the main character, is grieving the death of her fiancé Seth who has died in a tragic accident. Jason, a coworker of Veronica's fiancé wants to express his sympathy to her and ends up falling for her. There's also an overreaching arc storyline involving Veronica's mother's hope chest.

While I really enjoyed this, I had 2 complaints.
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it
3 Stars

Challenges
Amish in April - A: April
2018 Where Are You Reading - #39. Pennsylvania
Karla
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am always excited upon hearing that a great author has begun a new series! Since Amy writes Amish fiction, one of my favorite genres, I knew I was in for a good read! "The Forgotten Recipe" is the first in the collection entitled, "Amish Heirloom ". Excitement reigned in our household upon finding this new book in my mailbox! I found myself totally engrossed in this tale as it allowed me to escape the real world for an entire day.

"After losing her fiance in a tragic accident , Veronica Fisher
Chastity Ray
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Food warms the heart and soul but is it enough to heal a broken heart and a shattered future?
Veronica has always loved cleaning but when she discovers her grandmother's recipes she discovers a joy of baking,something she hasn't felt since her beloved Seth's tragic accident.

Jason is struggling to come to grips with Seth's accident. He keeps blaming himself thinking "if only I hadn't" or "I should have". He knows it's the Lord's will of course, but he can't stop the guilt. He and Seth were friends
Kristi
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As a fan of all books by Amy Clipston I was sure I would enjoy The Forgotten Recipe, book one in the Amish Heirloom series. However, I wasn't prepared for how much I would LOVE this book. Once I started reading this book I couldn't put it down.

I was immediately connected to the characters and their story. It was so easy to sympathize with Veronica and Jason and to feel their grief over the loss of their fiance and friend. The characters were complex and vulnerable which made them realistic.
✨ Gramy ✨
This book was set in a small Amish community in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. The plot was well developed and the characters were likable. On the other hand, the heroine's determination to hang on to something/someone that was gone from her life, instead of embracing what was actually available to her was often very annoying. However, I have observed similar reactions in real life.

I listened to the audible book through Hoopla through our local library, with the narrator C. S. E Cooney. I was not
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I recently had an unexpected opportunity to visit Lancaster county in Pennsylvania and knew that I had to read this book while the vibe of the Amish community was still fresh in my mind. It completely enhanced my reading experience being able to acutely picture the setting. What really made the book stand out to me though was the high level of emotion in the characters and the author's skillful way of enabling me to connect with their feelings during the story. Victoria's grief was palpable and ...more
Cathy Cermele
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A promising start to what promises to be another fantastic series by Amy Clipston.

I was engaged from the moment I started reading this book with its wonderful storyline and endearing characters.

While grieving the loss of her fiancé Seth Lapp,Veronica Fisher finds an old trunk that belonged to her grandmother. She also found the recipe for what will bring her income and a second chance of happiness.

Jason Huyard is dealing with the loss of his dear friend, Seth Lapp.
His feeling of grief were
Molly Jaber (Cover To Cover Cafe)
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
Amy Clipston has brought her fans yet another captivating, fun ride. I truly enjoyed reading this start to her Amish Heirloom series. Her words, her characters, her story line all combine to create a read you won't be able to put down! I know I couldn't, as I read it in a day!

I loved Veronica and Jason's characters. Both went through something emotional and tragic, and both had a fear in their heart. Watching them together, feeling like I was right there in the middle of Amish country with
Susan
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible-com
Mrs. Clipston is one of my favorite Amish authors. I loved the plot. I felt the number of times Jason agonized over telling Veronica about Seth grew a bit tiresome. Also the narrator was mediocre and thus distracting. I'm looking forward to the next in the series.
Annette Moore
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great love story, but also a great lesson on the importance of telling the truth and being completely honest with one another! I love Amy Clipston's books, and the depth with which she writes, and this book was no exception. I found myself cheering for Jason and Veronica throughout the story. One thing that surprised me--and this surprises me in all of her books, as well as with a few other authors of Amish fiction that I've read--is how the families are so close and know one another's ...more
Vikki Vaught
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it

While I enjoyed the story and really loved the hero, he did something totally dumb which caused him a great deal of unnecessary turmoil. This could have used a bit more character development. Happy reading!
Lisa at Farm Fresh Adventures
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am finally going back and starting this series from the beginning. Thankfully each book stands quite nicely. And actually having read Mattie’s (the Mom) story first t explains all her comments and reactions so much more.
Kathleen Bruner
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!

I loved this book and getting to know the characters. I felt a part of them and their story! Jason and Veronica have a powerful story.
Liz
Jan 06, 2016 rated it liked it
"The Forgotten Recipe" is a story about a young Amish woman who finds purpose in the midst of her grief when she comes across her grossmammi's lost recipe for raspberry pie. Veronica's fiance, Seth, had recently died in a workplace accident, and she is finding it hard to go on with life. Seth's good friend and workmate, Jason, is in the same boat, until he sees Seth's suddenly single fiancee. Though they have never met while Seth was alive, their paths keep crossing from the funeral until their ...more
Lisa Johnson
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Title: The Forgotten Recipe (Amish Heirloom #1)
Author: Amy Clipston
Pages: 320
Year: 2015
Publisher: Zondervan
My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.
Amish stories can be vastly as different as apples are to oranges, so too are the authors that craft the tales. I am new to Amy Clipston’s writing and am now hooked on her books, not because they take place in Amish communities or the characters are Amish. I enjoy her books because she tells a wonderful story that has meat in it. In other words, there is depth
Tina Watson
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
How many of us have put away an item, but to find it years later, and have it bring on a set of memories?
I can't say I can in my own personal life.

How many times are we given second chances?
Well, I can say some of us give more than second chances to some people in our lives, depending on the circumstances.
Yes, the Amish are different than us, Englishers. But the Amish are more rooted in their strong faith, along with keeping their families close - if the economy allows, and leaning on their
Whitney
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love reading Amish fiction. Their lifestyle and tight-knit family dynamic really interests me. I especially enjoy Amish romances, and this one was wunderbaar.

In The Forgotten Recipe, Veronica Fisher is dealing with the heartache of losing her fiance Seth Lapp in a work related accident. Veronica is so heartbroken and grief stricken she feels like she has to keep herself busy, and while cleaning the attic she comes across some of her grandmother's old recipes and sets out making raspberry pies.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Nook books: June 15, 2018 1 2 Jun 15, 2018 07:53PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 19, 2015 11:38AM

• Hidden (Jacobs Family #1)
  • The Seekers (Amish Cooking Class, #1)
  • Nearly
  • The Prisoner's Wife (Maine Brides)
  • Judith's Place (Dreams of Plain Daughters #2)
  • The Saloon Girl's Journey (Texas Women of Spirit #3)
  • The Impressionist
  • Where There's Smoke (Montana Fire, #1)
  • Anna's Crossing (Amish Beginnings #1)
  • Two Ways Home (Love that Counts #2)
  • Beside Still Waters (Big Sky #1)
  • Ties that Bind (The Amish of Summer Grove #1)
  • Texas Ranger Dad (Mule Hollow, #10)
  • The Lopsided Christmas Cake
  • The Forgiving Hour
  • Adored  (Seven Brides, Seven Brothers Pelican Bay #2)
  • Amish Promises (Neighbors of Lancaster County, #1)
  • Love's Prayer (First Street Church Romances #1)
Hi, I’m Amy Clipston. I am an author of Amish and Christian fiction with HarperCollins Christian Publishing. Most of my books focus on the Amish community, faith, and love. I also write romance novels and young adult inspirational stories.

My books include:

Kauffman Amish Bakery Series
• A Gift of Grace (3/2009)
• A Promise of Hope (3/2010)
• A Place of Peace (2/2011)
• A Life of Joy (1/2012)
• A Season

Amish Heirloom (4 books)
  • The Courtship Basket (Amish Heirloom, #2)
  • The Cherished Quilt (Amish Heirloom, #3)
  • The Beloved Hope Chest (Amish Heirloom, #4)