Start by marking “Country Affairs” as Want to Read:
Country Affairs

Country Affairs

(Tippermere #2)

'A great treat for readers who love their books jam-packed with sexy men and horses.' Bestselling author Fiona Walker

Welcome back to Tippermere for the wedding of the year…

Scatty but loveable Lottie Brinkley is famous throughout the village for her disorganised personality so when she steps up to plan the perfect wedding the only likely outcome is disaster.

When her globetr
Published May 7th 2015 by Harper Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Country Affairs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Country Affairs

Rosie Amber
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Country Affairs is the second book set in Tippermere, Cheshire. Readers need to be aware that this is bubbling with sexual potential and edges just off the boil of a bonk buster style book. So if you choose to read this don't be shocked to find hot sexy men and women who lust after them.

However this book is much more than that. The Stanthorpe's are aristocracy, running equestrian centres and have the full stately home with leaking roof, gurgling water pipes and moth eaten carpets behind them. Th
Jane Linfoot
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s no secret... I already love Tippermere. In fact I fell in love with it when I read a series of taster blog posts, and now, two books on, I love it so much I’d like to go and live there. I first visited with Stable Mates, but I needn’t have, as Country Affairs is a stand alone novel, which works just as well as a first taste of this picturesque setting, which Zara Stonely has created so perfectly. Tippermere is based on Zara's home turf of North Cheshire – the cosy pubs, stable yards, beauti ...more
Jen
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star, arc, owned, reviewed
Highly entertaining with lots of twists and turns! I was pleasantly surprised by the ending as I was expecting a different turn of events. There are plenty of sexy men from fun loving Rory to intriguing Irish Mick, as well as loyal friends. Lottie's grandmother Elizabeth is the glue that holds them all together - she meddles in everyone's business, but it seems she is always right. If you read the first book, you will enjoy catching up with previous couples and as well as getting to know possibl ...more
Agi
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015

"Country Affairs" is the second book in the series about Tippermere and it can be read as a stand - alone novel, but I'd highly recommend to read "Stable Mates" first - even if only for fun!
You know, when reading I could really feel that I'm starting to panic that it's not going to end like I'd like it to end. I mean, Mick is OK, although I don't belong to his groupies as much as I belong to these of Rory's, and when I've read only about Mick being there for Lottie, and Rory behaving like the la
Vicki
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I adored the first book in the Tippermere series, Stable Mates, and so I jumped at the chance to read and review the sequel - I couldn't wait to find out what happened to the characters next! I wasn't disappointed! This series has a wonderful cast of characters, both human and animal, and they are just so much fun to read! As a country girl myself I can completely relate to Lottie - right down to the mismatched socks and untamed hair - it's all part of country living!

Unfortunately in my village
Rachel Gilbey
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Country Affairs is another delightful romp into the village of Tippermere. There are horses, dogs, studs, a canny old woman, sex and romance. Country Affairs is a quality sequel to Stable Mates, and is a really enjoyable story.

This story focuses on Lottie, who is being groomed to take over as Lady of the Manor, with a large debt hanging over its head. Lottie needs to come up with a long term fund raising initiative that will not only raise enough money to replace the roof, at Tipping H
J.B (Debbie)
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I first became a fan of Zara Stoneley when I read her brilliant book Stablemates so I literally jumped into this book as I just knew it would be good. And, I was right! Full of fantastically interesting and sometimes complex characters, it is a real romp! One can't fail to be charmed by a certain Irish blacksmith. Actually, there are a whole host of dishy men in this book! Whats not to love about that!

I love the character of Lottie and being a wannabe country girl myself, I could picture myself
Jane Hunt
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Country Affairs by Zara Stoneley

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

The opening chapter of 'Country Affairs' sets a high standard for the rest of the book to follow but I'm happy to say, the more you read, the better it gets.

If this is your first visit to Tippermere then the introduction to the cast of characters and the village setting is invaluable. It makes this fun and witty story easy to read as a standalone. If, like me you devoured 'Stable Mates', the
Tracey
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tippermere, how I missed you!

I loved Stable Mates, but Country Affairs is my favourite of the two. Probably down to the skill of the author introducing me to so many wonderful characters and then following up with another knock-out story that really is like revisiting old friends you truly care about. Of course you are reacquainted to Tippermere in the best possible way – with a jump off!

BUT – I have a question…WHY ISN’T THIS A TV SERIES ALREADY???

There’s so much to love and laugh about in this
Shona Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom
Ooh I do love to be in Tippermere... I loved Stable Mates and I jumped at the chance to read the sequel. As with Stable Mates there is a handy reference guide at the front of the book explaining who everyone is and how they relate to each other. Which is great because it means that even if it was 6 months ago that you read the previous book you can have a nice little reminder of what went before without lots of explaining throughout the book.

This book sees Lottie take on more responsibility at T
Hannah Symonds
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Having previously read Zara's last book Stable Mates I knew this book would just be as good. There is alot going on but it makes it an enjoyable read. There are dogs, horses, romance and studs, what more could you want? The main character is called Lottie who is going to become Lady of the Manor. I really liked the way Lottie manages to come up with a idea that works as they need to do maintenance to the Estate. There are some amusing parts to this story too, really enjoyed the story too. There ...more
Louise
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I took this book on holiday this was an entertaining read I enjoyed every minute :)))))
Lottie made me laugh out loud at times!
I hadn't read the 1st one but for me this worked as a stand alone read
Thankyou so much to the author and for the pen and bookmark too which was very kind
Thankyou to goodreads for being introduced to zara stoneley.i look forward to reading more of her wonderful books
A brilliant 5 stars I would highly recommend to family And friends
Mandy Baggot
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great romp through Tippermere and we get to learn much more about its residents! Hilarious, sexy and so much fun! Highly recommended!
Seadaz
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really glad that I bought all 3 books of this series at the same time. Read books 1 and 2 on a cruise and am ready to read the 3rd in the series now I'm home.

Reviewing Book 2 -

Lottie's ex Todd is in town and crashes the wedding (on horseback no less of course!) in Tippermere - bringing the wedding ceremony to a halt. Todd had to do something to stop Lottie making the worse mistake of her life - marrying a much much older man..... but Todd got it wrong... the wedding ceremony was Lottie's dad an
Amanda Hall
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Written for teenagers? Childish writing, childish story

This book was really not for me. I'm no intellectual, but I found the story childishly simple as well as the portrayal of the silly characters. Even the humour was no better than that in an 80s sitcom. I gave it 2 stars rather than 1 as somehow I managed to finish it. Never again, Zara, isn't it time you grew up?
Susan
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for a fun romp in the English countryside, this book is for you. It's number two in the Tippermere Series and it follows all the characters from the first book. In this installment, Charlotte “Lottie” Brinkely is set to take over her inheritance, the country house being left to her by her grandmother Elizabeth. But will the lovable boyfriend Rory be able to cope with all the responsibility, especially when Lottie has to come up with ideas to raise money to cover the estates en ...more
Charlotte Howard
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book, not realising it was part two of The Tippermere Series, and although I now have to go and find Stable Mates, I think it works well as a standalone novel.

The story is reminiscent of Jilly Cooper, but more Chick-Lit than Bonk-Buster (there's a brief mention of sex, but that's about it), with a plot revolving around the wealthy and good-looking, and of course, horses. I was a bit confused about the importance of some characters (such a Tom) but that might have been because I haven
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
Apr 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: hi
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Thank you to Harper Impulse for approving my request via netgalley for this book. I read the first book in this series Stable Mates earlier this year and was excited to catch up with the gang again.

In the months that we have been gone Lottie has really grown up. She is really starting to co
Debby (Alwaysbooking)
May 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley for my honest review.

I did not read the first book in this series, so when I began this book it was really confusing. I had to fight through the first few chapters to get a handle on everyone. Zara's writing style is almost like you are sitting there watching two people have a fast pace conversation. Sometimes I had to go back a reread areas to make sure I knew who was talking.

Lottie was the main character in this book. She is taking over estate fro
Nessa
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second installment to the Tippermere series & I loved it as much as the first book. Just gets better and better. Lovely characters, laugh out loud in places & well written story plots throughout.

I found myself routing for Lottie throughout, wanting her to succeed. I'll admit the book didn't end how I'd thought it would but I still loved the ending anyhow.
Kate
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a cross between Jilly Cooper and Fiona Walker. Pretty good :)
Charlotte Freeman
Penny Walter
Jun 07, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• A Hollow in the Hills
  • Broken Gates (The P.J. Stone Gates Trilogy #2)
  • Ghost Heart (The PSS Chronicles, #3)
  • Timeless (Immortal Love, #1)
  • Chloe's Rescue Mission
  • Hot Redemption
  • Christmas Promises at the Little Wedding Shop (The Little Wedding Shop by the Sea, #4)
  • Dear Charlie
  • Purgatory Reign
  • The Things I Should Have Told You
  • A Cottage in the Country
  • The Affair
  • The Seers (Holders #2)
Zara Stoneley is the USA Today bestselling author of The Wedding Date.

Born in a small village in the UK, she wanted to be a female James Herriot, a spy, or an author when she grew up. After many (many) years, and many different jobs, her dream of writing a bestseller came true.

She writes about friendship, dreams, love, and happy ever afters, and hopes that her tales make you laugh a lot, cry a li

Tippermere (3 books)
  • Stable Mates (Tippermere #1)
  • Country Rivals (Tippermere #3)