Start by marking “Released (Breathless, #3)” as Want to Read:

Librarian's Note: this is an alternate cover edition - ASIN: B00J2MX8QA

Released
The Breathless Series
Book Three

Addison Grant had no way of knowing that a chance meeting with a sexy bartender would have the power to alter her entire existence. In one word, one touch, he consumed her. But can something this good really last forever?

Liam Mason was everything Addison Grant sho
Published April 10th 2015 by Daft Empire (first published March 21st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Released, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Released

Start your review of Released (Breathless, #3)
Ash
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I don't know about the rating for this one guys........Definitely not quite a 4 though. Maybe 3.5.... Which is a shame BECAUSE THIS IS MY 300th REVIEW ON GR!!

The first one was really good, I thought it was a great first book in a series.......

The second one...I definitely didn't think this book suffered from 'second book syndrome'....I loved it more than the first one....

This third and final book though.....It was good.....but there were a few things that annoyed the hell out of me......there we
Stephanie

Overall Rating :: 2.5-3 stars
Series :: Book three of the Breathless series
Hero/Heroine :: Liam/Addison
POV :: All Addison.
Cliffhanger :: Nope.
HEA :: (view spoiler)

This series just wasn't really for me, unfortunately. Much like in Taken, the drama felt like an afterthought (and wrapped up too easily), and even after three books, I still didn't feel connected to the characters. The end also felt a bit rushed. (view spoiler)
Natalie M
This is my review for all three books in the series. I really liked this series that came out of nowhere for me. I picked the first book up on sale and since that ended in a cliffy and I thoroughly cared to know what happened next, I proceeded to read the second book. From there I was in it and you know how that goes!

Book one was the "feel" book for me. We get to know Addison's character and what happened with Grayson and their 8 year relationship. We are introduced to Liam the bartender and th
Amanda
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazeballs!!! Can Mr. Mason open his trust up to keep the one person who loves him more than life? Since the first time Addison laid eyes on Liam Mason she knew she would never be able to live without him. Can all the issues that are thrown there way throw a curve ball into the way? All Addison has ever wanted was Liam to open up to her, to trust her, to believe that she is with him threw it all. The love in this story is AMAZING!!! You will be disappointed if you miss out on an incredible Love ...more
Robin Shawn
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was very satisfied with the conclusion of Addison and Liam's story. I thought the conflict in this part was a little silly, but I guess I can get why he didn't just tell her. It was a good way to bring out the fact that he didn't fully trust her. I also thought the way Addison handled (view spoiler) My only complaint was the lack of an awesome, further in the future, epilogu ...more
Chelsi Tauscher
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Overall I enjoyed the series. They were engaging and the story was well told. You truly get to know Addison and Liam through out the series.

By book three it all seems to be a little dramatic for my liking. Addison is quick to leave Liam over every argument they have. Li never stops her, then begs for forgiveness and she takes him back.

Outside of the dramatics I loved the way everything wrapped up. You'll never hear my complain about a happy ever after.

The cliffhanger in book two is quickly r
Kelly
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AHMazing 5 star read ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Ah absolutely loved this such a perfect finish to this series.
Tet
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another trilogy that captured my attention from book one to three. I ❤️ Liam! Alpha male at its best. Looking forward to reading more books from this author.
Dawn Thumser
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved all the books and although I loved the ending an epilogue like 2 years from now would have been awesome I love it when they have babies...
Nstefa
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!! I read this series and I must say it was quite awesome!! Secrets will be revealed ... nothing is always as it seems!!!
When your boyfriend practically kicks you out on your ass and you're stranded in a new city ,what do you do? Dust off and get right back up ... then you meet a hot bartender mmmmm... and the excitement begins!!!
Lesley Badham
Apr 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoy the 3 books. It is a pleasant romance book. Don't expect any sexy scenes.
Jamie
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great ending to this series! Wonderful story with all the drama and angst that I love with a great ending.
Roxs Reads
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Going into a Series like this, you already know it is a fairy tale love story. You hope and assume that in the end, there is a fairy tale ending to make you smile. But what happens in the middle, how do they meet, what has molded their life thus far, what will bring them together and tear them apart. How will they react to these events, what breaks them apart, how will they heal each other find their way back into each other's arms?

Melissa does another wonderful job of this with The Breathless S
Dena
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Secrets and lies always have a way of coming out? Don't they? Released is the final installment in the Breathless Series. We finally have a conclusion to Liam and Addison's story.

And with the conclusion, we finally have answers as to what Liam has been holding back from Addison. Will Addison and Liam have their happily ever after? If so, will it be perfect?

Personally, I absolutely loved the final book and their Happily Ever After. Yep, that's what I said. I can't help but love it when a couple
Bette Stanek
3.5, the editing still leaves much to be desired. I won't point them out, you'll have to read it for yourself. There is a definite difference between an isle and an aisle.

OK, for the story....All Addison has ever wanted was Liam's trust; it's the one thing that he can't fully give. It isn't because he doesn't want to, or even because he doesn't trust Addison. It's just that he's kept himself closed off for so long that I don't think he even thinks about it. I don't think he realizes he's doing
Mandi
Will there be more? SPOILERS

I enjoyed this book. But I can't help but feel like there's more to it. I mean Addison married Liam. But she went and invited his parents to the wedding. Which they showed up for. I don't wanna be wanna those readers that's like you have to write a 4th book. But you could. What ever happened to Kristina and Dave? Lol. I'm looking forward to checking out some more books from Melissa Toppen.
Kristina
2.75 stars. I thought the drama was completely blown out of proportion on the part of Addison. That was just a little unrealistic how upset she got. It was a good book, but it didn't really flow as well as the other two. I also wish there was an epilogue to find out what happened with Liam and the two guests from the wedding. An epilogue in general would have had a nice rounded out ending instead of one that felt very abrupt and a little unfinished.
Kym
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really loved & enjoyed this series. Another emotional roller coaster I was on during Addison & Liam's journey to finally having their H.E.A. We got all our questions answered but I feel there is actually more to their story. Fingers crossed. Great series & I've become a huge fan of this author. She certainly knows how to write hot & steamy and emotional characters. She also knows how to make you want to chuck something. Great series. ...more
Amy
I received this book through the good reads giveaway program.

While a nice light summer read, this book seemed a like a pg 13 version of "50 Shades of Grey". Allison meets the man of her dreams by accident but Liam has secrets that he doesn't want to share.
In this third book in the series it seems Allison may finally get her man but not without difficulties....
Randi
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LOVED THIS SERIES

I started reading this series several days ago. I have completed all three books and I enjoyed everyone of them. Liam and Addison were a couple that I could feel their connection. This was a series written well enough that you felt your were watching them through their trials and tribulations. I will definitely be reading more of her books.
Mae
Apr 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Addison has fallen for a man that makes her brain stop working and her body beg to be possessed by him. Liam is a beautiful man with a heart of gold with a secret and a past that makes it hard for him to trust. There love is a beautiful tale but Addison's tantrums, indecisiveness and internal turmoil makes the story a tad frustrating. This ending is as it should be though, it just seems complete.
Azzie
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great job

This is the final book ,I have read them all and I couldn't be more happy about my purchase.I got the set for 99¢and what a deal.Liam and Addison made my day with another happy ending,I loved your work and I will be looking for more books by you keep up the great work.For everyone that haven't read the breathless series get yours now.
Angel
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

Perfect ending to a wonderful series. I loved Liam and Addisons journey,through all their ups and downs they remain perfect for each other. Though there were misunderstandings and misplaced trust they found their way. Awesome book great series.
Nicole German
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good...

I enjoyed this series. Liam got forgiven more times than I could've tolerated, but I guess when you love someone enough you do that. Besides the occasional grammatical error, it was a well written series and well worth my time.
Ashley Owens
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is fantastic!! I highly recommend this as a must read!!! The perfect ending to a wonderful series!!
Primrose
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a conclusion to this love story. It's how the author tied the characters together in the end. Easy read for those that want an easy "happily ever after" ending.
Jamie  Leigh
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed this series. The characters are amazing.
Leighanne Cooper nottingham
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a good book and good series...
Stephanie Short
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great series...absolutely loved it. A new favorite Author.
Rochelle
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good series with a lot going on. lovable characters.

• Freeing (Fading, #2)
  • Falling (Fading, #3)
  • Devastated (Anger Management, #1)
  • Someone Else's Secret
  • Where the Little Birds Go (Little Bird Duet #1)
  • Where the Little Birds Are (Little Bird Duet #2)
  • Naturally Thin: Unleash Your SkinnyGirl and Free Yourself from a Lifetime of Dieting
  • The Truth about Tomorrow
  • The Truth about Us
  • The Road That Leads To Us (Us, #1)
  • NORTH
  • Honey Sugar
  • Malicious
  • Whiskey and Regret
  • Tortured Whispers
  • Throne of Lies (Legacy of Lies, #0.5)
  • Legacy of Lies (Legacy of Lies, #1)
  • Underneath the Sycamore Tree
Melissa Toppen is a USA Today Bestselling Author who specializes in New Adult and Contemporary Romance. She is a lover of books and enjoys nothing more than losing herself in a good novel. She has a soft spot for Romance and focuses her writing in that direction; writing what she loves to read.
Melissa resides in Cincinnati Ohio with her husband and two children, where she writes full time.

Connect

Breathless (3 books)
  • Consumed (Breathless, #1)
  • Taken (Breathless, #2)